Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'd really like to take one more shot at lolling @ the Advertising Conspiracy. They can BARELY get a jumbotron out at the required date, but can somehow co-ordinate deals with advertisers to put in secret sarcastic anti-adverts for reverse psychologying us into eating poo poo food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

they're clearly in the pocket of the Big Pizza Roll industry

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

well why not posted:

I'd really like to take one more shot at lolling @ the Advertising Conspiracy. They can BARELY get a jumbotron out at the required date, but can somehow co-ordinate deals with advertisers to put in secret sarcastic anti-adverts for reverse psychologying us into eating poo poo food?

Maybe the Jumbotrons are all so late because Jesse Thorn shoves them aside to make room for corporate sponsorships.:tinfoil:

You know, the thing that independent donor-based networks are basically built to avoid.

Asiina posted:

People who like a thing thinking they're above other people who like that thing because they like it less than those people are so much worse than people being overly enthusiastic about liking a thing.

I want to make sure my position is clear in case my previous post wasn't: I don't really care how people appreciate this show. Chase your bliss, you do you, etc... Dress up as whoever, post the art you drew of whoever on whatever Facebook page, buy however many tickets to however many shows in however many cities you want.

I just don't want to interact with those type of people personally, because that is not how I, as an individual, express my appreciation for the media I consume.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey, um excuse me, can you give us a ballpark estimate of how much you think Wendy's pays the McElroy's to say their sandwiches are garbage from a toilet?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This isn't related to the current discussion about ads and how the McElroys are illuminati lizard people in the pockets of Big Fastfood but I want everyone to look at the page number

Nice.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Serperoth posted:

This isn't related to the current discussion about ads and how the McElroys are illuminati lizard people in the pockets of Big Fastfood but I want everyone to look at the page number

Nice.

420 is the weed number!!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Ariong posted:

420 is the weed number!!

oh wow! a number, about, weed

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I think my favorite fan interaction form a McElroy, maybe even the only one I like, is Griffin getting gifts of in-game currency almost exclusively in units of 69 and 420 in literally hundreds of messages during PeaceCraft.

Who What Now posted:

Hey, um excuse me, can you give us a ballpark estimate of how much you think Wendy's pays the McElroy's to say their sandwiches are garbage from a toilet?

How much do you think Taco Bell paid them to repeatedly yell directly at their chief marketing manager about how bad their decisions are?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love Travis and all, but it's remarkable that not only is he the brother who's started the most podcasts outside the brothers, but also that he hasn't managed to start a single one that interests me.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Jumping in on the good weed page to say that it's okay to say Travis is your least favorite brother. I did

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if it ever gets to him when they do live shows and he gets the least applause. It's more equal in the newer recordings, but it used to be brutal.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

First, Justin was my favorite.
Then, Griffin was my favorite.
And now, I love what all three bring to the table equally and in different ways. Thank Travis for Travis.

(That said, I don't listen to any of his other podcasts.)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Waffleman_ posted:

I love Travis and all, but it's remarkable that not only is he the brother who's started the most podcasts outside the brothers, but also that he hasn't managed to start a single one that interests me.

The Kind Rewind is alright

Also Travis is the best brother at making terrible jokes which I appreciate

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Based on his Twitter, it sounds like he's raving about godawful tv like Smallville and Dr Who and Firefly, so no thanks

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah thank god a nerd finally started a podcast to talk about how much he loves his nerdy TV shows.

ps: weeed numberr

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Travis doesn't make me laugh the most consistently, but he makes me laugh the hardest. He had the best jokes on @midnight, and his line in the last episode "if you want to look older, try to look younger" was incredible.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Clint is the best brother. (I know it's been posted recently but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAy2IdYugg)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Regardless of faves, I know we can all agree they are good good boys.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I don't see the issue with Travis using a podcast to talk about TV shows he likes. I won't listen to it, but it seems fine to me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of course, it's just a shame he likes such terrible things

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Posting on the page that is the office suite number for Dr. Toboggan, Your Weediatrician.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Maybe if you post five more times about how much you hate those shows somebody will eventually care

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kenny Logins posted:

Posting on the page that is the office suite number for Dr. Toboggan, Your Weediatrician.

That was by far the best audience question I've ever heard.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Taste is subjective. I won't be listening to the podcast because I think I've heard all I need to hear about those shows, but there's no point in bemoaning what someone else likes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Clint is the best brother. (I know it's been posted recently but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAy2IdYugg)

Maybe if Travis watched this he wouldn't have done a hit on Justin.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I went to the first Boston live show. All the fans i met there were very polite, cute nerds and there was a good amount of cosplaying (two people near me dressed like Taako and Lup and they looked loving rad)

I hold the live audience questions to a different, i guess lower, standard. I enjoyed seeing these nervous fans get up there and have a little fun participating in the event, it didn't really matter that the questions weren't amazing. I'm more forgiving/encouraging of fan culture than most though. And apparently the second show had more straight-up cringey bits.

Also, i somehow lucked into a literal front and center seat. Like, practically leaning on the stage and looking right up at those excellent boys. This would... not have been my first choice, actually, but it was still neat. (Number of awkward eye contact moments: 5, and they were all Travis.)

misadventurous fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 19, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

um excuse me posted:

I wonder if it ever gets to him when they do live shows and he gets the least applause. It's more equal in the newer recordings, but it used to be brutal.

Travis is kinda the best at live shows anyways, so hopefully the audience learns to recognise this.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Travis has one, maybe two, good jokes per regular episode but during live shows is definitely when he shines. The audience seems to love him, and he's definitely the most comfortable up there. Griffin is the worst live, he leans too much on his "Griffinisms" and seems very nervous. Justin is the best both live and pre-rec because he is the oldest brother. I say this as an unbiased older brother of 3 boys.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Travis always seemed like the oldest brother. He seems the wisest. Justin always seemed like the middlest because of being so goofy.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Travis comes alive in front of a crowd. Can't wait to see them in October.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

misadventurous posted:

I went to the first Boston live show. All the fans i met there were very polite, cute nerds and there was a good amount of cosplaying (two people near me dressed like Taako and Lup and they looked loving rad)

I hold the live audience questions to a different, i guess lower, standard. I enjoyed seeing these nervous fans get up there and have a little fun participating in the event, it didn't really matter that the questions weren't amazing. I'm more forgiving/encouraging of fan culture than most though. And apparently the second show had more straight-up cringey bits.

Also, i somehow lucked into a literal front and center seat. Like, practically leaning on the stage and looking right up at those excellent boys. This would... not have been my first choice, actually, but it was still neat. (Number of awkward eye contact moments: 5, and they were all Travis.)

:shrek: definitely is the image that speaks these 1000 words.

Oh and those cosplayers you like? It's appropriate that they identify with the obnoxious character who's pretty much a terrible person.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Serf posted:

Travis comes alive
I will help Kickstart this one man show.

EDIT FOR :420: RELATED CONTENT: I'm always delighted when the boys claim ignorance on all forms of drugs when Griffin straight up lost a job going to Bonnaroo to see The Flaming Lips.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 19, 2017

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Oh and those cosplayers you like? It's appropriate that they identify with the obnoxious character who's pretty much a terrible person.

You seem like a pleasant person. :)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Travis always seemed like the oldest brother. He seems the wisest. Justin always seemed like the middlest because of being so goofy.

Justin comes off like every oldest brother I've met, where he acts kind of aloof and know it all ish. Like when he refers to their dad as his dad.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Am I too late to get in on the weed page and remind people not to reply to this obvious troll?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

dmboogie posted:

You seem like a pleasant person. :)

Just in case you're on mobile.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

timp posted:

Am I too late to get in on the weed page and remind people not to reply to this obvious troll?

Nope, the real question is whether I'm too late to get in on the weed page

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
3 Posts left, by my count.

Now 2.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Oh poo poo there's a 4:20 am too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Getting in at the end of the weed number page to say that the last two pages of this thread have fuuuuuuckin sucked