Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

Did anyone else see the Missing Crunchy poster on Treetrunk's House during BMO's
Episode?

I did see that. Ominous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

They haven't been taken off the site of the largest YouTube competitor, Dailymotion

Yeah I only found out from a friend that this is the thing to do last night (after finally getting all the episodes from another source)

I need to stress again that SON OF RAP BEAR IS FUCKIN AWESOME

Gumbald's origin was a little weird and rushed but I did laugh a bunch at all the personal brand stuff.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Holy gently caress yeah HW x Finn :kimchi:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

So uh....

I think the whole season is dropping on Hulu on the 21st of October?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Zeruel posted:

So uh....

I think the whole season is dropping on Hulu on the 21st of October?

The CN website has the newest 4 episodes (start of production season 9) labeled as season 10, so only the eps the website labels as season 9 (Orb, Elements, and the post-elements season 8 eps) are being put on hulu

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Are they still bizarrely refusing to release the latest season on Bluray and just doing DVD?

I have no idea why that's a thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If I had to guess I'd say viewership is probably waaaaaaaaaaaaay down and the average child-rearing household has DVD players handily included in everything but Blu-Ray players not so much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If that’s true it’s annoying given that viewership being down can largely be put down to their erratic scheduling and lack of advertising.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm sure kids stopped watching this show in favor of Stephen Universe et all, those shows still routinely put out poo poo that would very comfortable in a mid 90's Nick Jr. lineup.

I remember between season 5-6 was when my friends kids or my students stopped watching because it was months at a time of Sad Finn Adventures in Dating.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Escobarbarian posted:

If that’s true it’s annoying given that viewership being down can largely be put down to their erratic scheduling and lack of advertising.

Cartoon Network has never understood how to promote a show. They greenlight some cool shows but put minimal effort into keeping the momentum going, Adventure Time making it this far is kind of amazing in a way.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 26, 2017

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Just got around to watching this episode. I laughed so hard at that gag, i was probably my 2nd favorite of all time after the Chamber of Frozen Blades (about 7:10 at http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hds9q ), "Three Jakes?! That's one too many..."

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

We're BACK, baby!

Dec 17.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have never been more terrified of a title card...

Woof I just realized I’m gonna have to watch the whole series again lol it’s been close to a year since I watched AT

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This show still hasn't ended?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's in it's last session and it's still really good so :shrug:

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's in it's last session and it's still really good so :shrug:

I'm not sure you can call this show seasonal anymore. I don't even know what the hell is going on with episode frequency.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is Cartoon Network going to do the same thing with complete non-promotion of Steven Universe at some point? Considering how they've done this with practically every recent show, I can't imagine why they wouldn't. They're even awful at promoting themselves- they haven't done anything indicating that this year marks the 25th year that Cartoon Network has been on the air. During the 20th, there was a cool commercial showing all the characters that have been on CN.

I guess they need more room for the same 40 or so eps of TGO.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They did make this for their 25th anniversary. But yeah, they shoulda done more.

https://youtu.be/W7xHpEmwwVI

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Is Cartoon Network going to do the same thing with complete non-promotion of Steven Universe at some point? Considering how they've done this with practically every recent show, I can't imagine why they wouldn't. They're even awful at promoting themselves- they haven't done anything indicating that this year marks the 25th year that Cartoon Network has been on the air. During the 20th, there was a cool commercial showing all the characters that have been on CN.

I guess they need more room for the same 40 or so eps of TGO.

It's probably also because the fanbase has moved on. Kids who were 8-10 when the show premiered are 15-17 now and likely watching way fewer cartoons. The adult fanbase and the backlog of finished episodes are probably the only reasons it wasn't outright cancelled. They're probably just looking to burn off episodes.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

cjg posted:

I'm not sure you can call this show seasonal anymore. I don't even know what the hell is going on with episode frequency.

The gap between episodes is insane, it does feel like forever since we've had anything.

I guess it's the same with Bravest Warriors - at least they've not moved Adventure Time onto an app you're only able to get if you're in the US.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

Is Cartoon Network going to do the same thing with complete non-promotion of Steven Universe at some point?

Of course they will. Once shows drop from their peak fandom (and SU already has,) they silently die at CN.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
Apparently there's also going to be some sort of Minecraft special some time next year separate from whatever's left of the regular show.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Cartoon Network ought to just release the remaining episodes on Hulu or their website or whatever and be done with it. Airing anywhere from 1 to 8 episodes in blocks separated by anywhere from 1 to 8 months apart makes no sense. Nobody knows it's coming unless their DVRs are set, and if they're using DVRs they aren't even watching the commercials. I don't understand their reason for doing it like this.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
It's all about driving people to their mobile app, on demand and download services.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's probably also because the fanbase has moved on. Kids who were 8-10 when the show premiered are 15-17 now and likely watching way fewer cartoons. The adult fanbase and the backlog of finished episodes are probably the only reasons it wasn't outright cancelled. They're probably just looking to burn off episodes.

Considering the show is on it's way out it seems like an odd time to run a McDonald's toy promotion. Are there still kids loyally watching somewhere?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maelstache posted:

Considering the show is on it's way out it seems like an odd time to run a McDonald's toy promotion. Are there still kids loyally watching somewhere?

Going for that meme sauce market.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Ultraklystron posted:

It's all about driving people to their mobile app, on demand and download services.

This would make more sense if those services had logical release decisions either.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Production just wrapped on the final season. End of an era, I guess :(

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/goodbye-adventure-time-cast-crew-gather-bid-farewell-series-154954.html

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

that pirate looks familiar

also the eps are confirmed to come out this thursday on the app

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Now is this the end?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mokinokaro posted:

Of course they will. Once shows drop from their peak fandom (and SU already has,) they silently die at CN.

It definitely felt like Cartoon Network needlessly and artificially ruined/sped up the peak of SU with their dumbass scheduling decisions

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

business hammocks posted:

Now is this the end?

8 episodes and the minecraft special after this

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

and the minecraft special

jesus what did AT do to deserve this :negative:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

jesus what did AT do to deserve this :negative:

Be popular with kids?
:shrug:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Zeruel posted:

Be popular with kids?
:shrug:

A fate worse than death.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Even Rick and Morty had a Minecraft scene

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

People generally think that the Breaking Bad episode where Walter and Jesse spent the entire day playing Minecraft is the weakest of the series because it didn't advance the plot, but I think it was a great moment of characterization that can't be cut out of the rest of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread