Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vakal posted:

RE 0 could have been interesting if a majority of the game took place in the forest outside of Raccoon City. The new section in REmake where you have to go outside to Lisa's cabin was short, but very well done and creepy as hell.

But no, in RE0 you literally crash a train right into the side of another mansion.
That would have been really cool. I mean, the game is supposed to be a prequel to a game that starts off talking about grisly murders and cannibalism in the Arklay Mountains. Would make a lot of sense to have the game actually go with that, rather than quickly moving you inside a huge building. Not that they'd have to limit things to being entirely outside, a national park lodge would be an excellent major location, which could probably serve as hub for your exploration/attempt to find a way out in the forest surrounding it. Personally, I probably wouldn't have minded if they kept the whole Umbrella thing more low-key either, like a plaque on the wall thanking Umbrella for the rebuilding of the lodge after a fire instead of practically enrolling at Umbrella University.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
Playing Resident Evil 7 Biohazard on PC (does it have it's own thread?) & I get that aiming is meant to be kinda wonky in order to add to the horror element but wondering how much better I can make it.

Am I left to just fiddle with the two mouse sensitivity {camera & aim) sliders or are there some config file edits as well?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

5thMouseButton posted:

Playing Resident Evil 7 Biohazard on PC (does it have it's own thread?) & I get that aiming is meant to be kinda wonky in order to add to the horror element but wondering how much better I can make it.

Am I left to just fiddle with the two mouse sensitivity {camera & aim) sliders or are there some config file edits as well?

Not that I know of. Mouse options aside, you're pretty much stuck with Ethan's amazing inability to hit things, I'm afraid.

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
Welp, I managed to find this: "Mouse acceleration - Disabled by setting the launch option +set m_smooth 0. - " via https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_7:_Biohazard#Input_settings

which should help. Thanks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vikar Jerome posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSSS!

finally

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I tried a speed run of RE7 and botched the hell out of it by sequence breaking the dumb sewer gators tape (please god never make me watch it again) I tried to skip it, then watched it because the fuse didn't spawn, and then it still didn't spawn anyways. Where does the fuse show up if you don't watch the tape? I wasted like 20 minutes looking for it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The fuse is where the tape was in the demo- the chained cabinet in the kitchen. You need the bolt cutters to open it.

Only in the demo does the tape affect the fuse's spawning. In the real game, it always spawns in the same place.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

veni veni veni posted:

I tried a speed run of RE7 and botched the hell out of it by sequence breaking the dumb sewer gators tape (please god never make me watch it again) I tried to skip it, then watched it because the fuse didn't spawn, and then it still didn't spawn anyways. Where does the fuse show up if you don't watch the tape? I wasted like 20 minutes looking for it.

you never have to watch any of the tapes in a speedrun ever (apart from the one in the boat I guess but you're not exactly given any other option at the time), the fuse is always in the cabinet and I've never seen it despawn and I don't think that's an observed phenomenon in the speedrunning scene either so I'd be loving fascinated by that.

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 17, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its awfully swell of capcom to make anyone who bought the season pass feel great about that by releasing the final dlc at the same time as a complete edition of the game for $50. i like how season pass has just become shorthand for "gently caress up my wallet"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is what i think of season passes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
imagine a boot stomping on a bow's face forever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

rabidsquid posted:

its awfully swell of capcom to make anyone who bought the season pass feel great about that by releasing the final dlc at the same time as a complete edition of the game for $50. i like how season pass has just become shorthand for "gently caress up my wallet"

Frankly I'm just surprised the final dlc is coming out at all

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Improbable Lobster posted:

i feel like even capcom isnt cruel enough to release a game of the year edition version with unfinished dlc

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Improbable Lobster posted:

I remember when Resident Evil games had a bunch of unlockable extras out of the box. Or how Resident Evil 6 had a number of free updates and content, such as the Left4Dead 2 crossover.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
RE6 is actually pretty cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sunning posted:

I remember when Resident Evil games had a bunch of unlockable extras out of the box. Or how Resident Evil 6 had a number of free updates and content, such as the Left4Dead 2 crossover.

That's sort of an odd way to put it. They had extra content but Resident Evil 3 is basically the only Re game not to get enhanced ports or re-releases with new content being sold at a premium and I may be forgetting the one RE3 got, aside from the ones that have actual DLC.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

That's sort of an odd way to put it. They had extra content but Resident Evil 3 is basically the only Re game not to get enhanced ports or re-releases with new content being sold at a premium and I may be forgetting the one RE3 got, aside from the ones that have actual DLC.

Resident Evil 3's bumpy development might have had something to do with that.

quote:

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was developed by Capcom and produced by Shinji Mikami, who previously worked on the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2.[5] After the release of Resident Evil 2, Capcom was working on multiple Resident Evil projects and had a team led by Hideki Kamiya developing what was planned to be the next main installment in the Resident Evil series.[6] According to Resident Evil 3 scenario writer Yasuhisa Kawamura, the intended game "was loosely set on a luxury cruise liner and had a general plot where HUNK was attempting to bring back a sample of the G-Virus" featured in Resident Evil 2.[6] However, Capcom realised that the game would not be completed in time for a PlayStation release due to Sony's announcement of the PlayStation 2, so the project was ultimately cancelled.[6] As Capcom did not want fans to wait some years for a new game, the company promoted one of its other projects as the third main canonical game while Kamiya's team was moved onto developing Resident Evil 4.[6]

The selected project was a spin-off that was being developed by an inexperienced team under director Kazuhiro Aoyama.[6] The spin-off was originally intended to introduce a new character who would have to escape from an infected Raccoon City. However, after the promotion, Capcom decided that Resident Evil protagonist Jill Valentine would be the main character and Raccoon City would be destroyed.[6] Unlike the majority of the early scripts in the series, the scenario of the game was not created by Capcom's Flagship studio but by internal Capcom writer Yasuhisa Kawamura, who had very little experience with the Resident Evil series at the time.[7][8] Kawamura noted that he had to play the original game to familiarize himself with the series' fictional universe immediately.[8] Nevertheless, the story was proofread and sanctioned by Flagship to avoid continuity errors with other installments in the series, an issue that was also given attention in monthly meetings between all directors and producers.[7]

Someone in Capcom upper management must really have a fetish for cruise liners.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cruise liners are a complex series of hallways and small rooms, isolated from the outside world and full of people. it's a perfect setting for the original style re games.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

cruise liners are a complex series of hallways and small rooms, isolated from the outside world and full of people. it's a perfect setting for the original style re games.

Plus a whole bunch of varied settings in a single package without the need for secret passageways and underground vaults, from military-ish-style areas in the Crew Only areas to industrial/mechanical areas in the lower decks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

any good cruise ship should have no less than a dozen secret passages, two underground vaults and one entire military complex.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I found a nice stash of ammo on the lido deck behind the DJ table.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Agoat posted:

RE6 is actually pretty cool.

Going to agree and join the Unpopular Opinion Club.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RE6 is the dumbest and worst game that I love.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
It's me. I'm the guy that buys all of Capcoms remasters.

As for RE6 I always think fondly of it until I play it. Then I get bored with it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have no choice but to like RE6 because it and RE4 are the only games in this fuckin series that don't have giant spiders in them. Seriously what is their fetish for big spiders. The part of RE1 where you walk into that tower room and the door closes and the reason the door was blocked earlier is because there's a big loving spider hugging it freaked me the gently caress out when I was younger.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Spiders in general are the horror equivalent of a pro wrestler giving a shout-out to a local sports team. It's cheap heat.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
RE spiders are, and always have been, cute.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Wanderer posted:

Spiders in general are the horror equivalent of a pro wrestler giving a shout-out to a local sports team. It's cheap heat.

The ants in edf2020 freaked me out more than the spiders ever did.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

RE spiders are, and always have been, cute.

Yeah they're all big and furry, like 8-legged puppies

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like resident evil 6 because i enjoy equipping my fists in my weapon slot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah they're all big and furry, like 8-legged puppies

Yeah seriously, they are way to normal and adorable to even come close to being scary.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Vakal posted:

Someone in Capcom upper management must really have a fetish for cruise liners.

Checks out. RE: Revelations took place on a ship. Also RE: Gun Survivor

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

Revelations had two cruise ships!

The unreleased gameboy RE game took place on a cruise ship as well.

Also, RE 5, 6, and 7 all have sections that take place on large ships.

The entire series should be renamed to Nautical Evil.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vakal posted:

The unreleased gameboy RE game took place on a cruise ship as well.

Resident Evil: Gaiden was totally released, you might be mixing it up with the Gameboy port of the fist RE.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RE:Gaiden is also how we have multiple, different personality Leons running around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Let's face it a big ship is a pretty good place to walk around and open doors and kill monsters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Except in X-COM.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Wamdoodle posted:

I thought it was Dead Aim that was set on a ship, not Survivor.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Fil5000 posted:

I thought it was Dead Aim that was set on a ship, not Survivor.

Dead Aim is also known as Gun Survivor 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Yeah, I get that, I just assumed if someone talked about Gun Survivor with no number they're talking about the original one (which I think was set on an island?).