Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Mors Rattus posted:

so like, does the main character ever stop being completely insufferable? I'm 72 comics in and I kind of hate him

Ugh yeah that MC is like a smug redditor.

I really hate it when someone tries to take a kid's IP and make it "dark and gritty" for anything more than a oneoff joke. It's like my eyes want to roll themselves out of my head. I just can't take them seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
kobayashi maru was decent, but not anything special

and i don't think that it was edgy

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Instead of Mokepon, put that super edgy post apocalyptic nuzlocke comic in there

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

Instead of Mokepon, put that super edgy post apocalyptic nuzlocke comic in there

Be more specific. There's a 50k character limit on posts.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Ugh, hold on

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
http://www.paragonsigma.com/images/nuzlocke/#1

These first few pages kill me every time I look at them.

e- I just clicked ahead and there's uncensored tits later on, so don't read this at work (or just don't read it)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

If the OP is still taking suggestions for Good Webcomics:

ALL-STARS:
Kiwi Blitz: A robotics billionaire's eccentric daughter decides to become a super hero, but ends up making things worse for everyone around her. By Mary Cagle, creator of Let's Speak English and Sleepless Domain.

Fantasy:
Parallax: A below-average high school receives a strange shard of glass by his homeroom teacher and becomes a (very pink) magical super hero.
Awaken: A sheltered playboy rich kid's life is upended after he begins to manifest magical powers in a magic-suppressing authoritarian city state.
Everblue: In a world covered by water and dotted with floating city states, a talented shipwright encounters a drifter with a flying boat who claims he's out to find the "New World" beyond the sea.
Thistil Mistil Kistil: A recently-deceased Viking boy is sent by Odin on a quest to recover the lost fragments of the Aesir's weapons, which were stolen by Loki. And the only one who can help him get them back... is Loki. (currently on extended hiatus)

Science Fiction:
Moképon: A "mature" Pokémon fan comic that actually looks at the Pokémon world from a mature adult perspective instead of your average grimdark teenage "mature" take on the franchise.

Horror/Paranormal:
The Zombie Hunters: A crew of wasteland scavengers for one of the last outposts of humanity left in the world struggle to come to terms with the death of their former captain (and the conspiracy that killed him).

Seconding these two.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was that Dark Souls 3 comic starring a female character that was completely devoid of dialogue

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Deprived?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Thistil Mistil Kistil: A recently-deceased Viking boy is sent by Odin on a quest to recover the lost fragments of the Aesir's weapons, which were stolen by Loki. And the only one who can help him get them back... is Loki. (currently on extended hiatus)

Getting to the end of that was a crushing blow.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
my comic is fun! thank you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Successful Businessmanga posted:

Yeah, I honestly don't know what the hell's up with TMK. Last I heard the author was focusing on getting a print version of the first few chapters published and that took up the majority of her time, and now she appears to be lost in publishing side story comics set in the same world on Patreon to try and raise money.

But yeah, the comic itself hasn't seen a proper update in almost a year now after barely missing an update for 7 years, so I'm just gonna assume that sheep thief just up and shanked Arne and that's where the comic ends.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 19, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Successful Businessmanga posted:

Don't worry. It's bad.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
my webcomic is about

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Dabir posted:

Deprived?

I dunno, I think she was a deprived but boy is that a tough google search to do

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It's Deprived https://tapas.io/series/Deprived

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's loving gorgeous, but it's been going for over a year now, something like a hundred pages, and has only just now gotten to the second phase of the first boss fight. There's no way they're going to be able to keep up that kind of quality with that kind of deliberate pace.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

nine-gear crow posted:

Horror/Paranormal:
The Zombie Hunters: A crew of wasteland scavengers for one of the last outposts of humanity left in the world struggle to come to terms with the death of their former captain (and the conspiracy that killed him).

Please do not get people hooked on comics that seem good but are consistently on indefinite hiatus. This comic is a foul trick, do not fall for it!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

Please do not get people hooked on comics that seem good but are consistently on indefinite hiatus. This comic is a foul trick, do not fall for it!

This is the thread for comics that are either good but updated semiannually at best or absolutely godawful and consistently updating on the same weekly schedule for the past ten years

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

This is the thread for comics that are either good but updated semiannually at best or absolutely godawful and consistently updating on the same weekly schedule for the past ten years

If it updated semiannually that would be an improvement and I'd be fine with it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

It's coming back in October... allegedly. :shrug:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Minus and the rest of Ryan Armand's work is gone, unfortunately... his Monster and Vampire stories were some of my favorites

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

Minus and the rest of Ryan Armand's work is gone, unfortunately... his Monster and Vampire stories were some of my favorites

Minus completely disappearing from the internet is a goddamn shame. That was such a well crafted comic.

I know he had a controversial breakdown, but I always get bummed out that Pictures for Sad Children just completely stopped too. But it might be best for John Campbell's mental health.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

Edit Wait, it's still up on Archive.org.

Edit2 Found a semi-complete mirror of most of his old stuff, though the site does look the tiniest bit sketchy.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 20, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Dr. Hurt posted:

I know he had a controversial breakdown, but I always get bummed out that Pictures for Sad Children just completely stopped too. But it might be best for John Campbell's mental health.

*AHEM* I think you mean The Artist Formerly Known as John Campbell.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The comic ending was fine, whatever, author can do what he wants. The real shitshow was the whole weird performance art thing with taking down the site and burning the preordered books, or however the whole thing went down.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't mind PFSC ending but completely erasing it (And the follow up Michael Keaton comic) from existence...that seemed a bit much. But "John Campbell" was pretty clearly in a bad, bad place when everything went down, and I sincerely hope that they are doing better now.

I finally found an archive of the whole thing about a month ago, though, and I'm glad to have it. I've already made many copies. (No such luck on the Michael Keaton series, though.)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pavlov posted:

*AHEM* I think you mean The Artist Formerly Known as John Campbell.

I think you mean Basic Income Please

while I'm sad it ended that was really less a comic "just stopping" before its time and more the comic about nihilistic depression was one of the rare few that did all it was intended to do and finally wrapped up at a satisfying natural conclusion, and a much better one than the one everyone expected of Basic Income Please killing Basic income Pleaseself

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 20, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On a lighter note, a bit of comic craft from Mary.

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/910292944208449537

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is cool but I don't like that she's topless for no loving reason, but then they obscure her nipples too. Just cover them up like they are in the game if you don't want to draw tits.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well obviously they do want to draw tits, just not nips

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a fetish with plausible deniability

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

After a hundred pages, it's kind of impressive to see all the ways the artist has come up with to obscure her nipples.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

On a lighter note, a bit of comic craft from Mary.

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/910292944208449537

Not gonna lie, I thought it was a Loss edit for a minute, but yeah that is a very smart way to structure page layouts.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

this is excellent and adorable and I love it

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

apple is dead set on murdering my ability to track rss feeds
how do you guys keep track of stuff? not gonna lie, i probably wouldn't keep up with stuff like dumbing of age without an rss feed just automatically dumping it in front of my eyes for the 30 seconds it takes to read

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I use Feedly.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I just have a list of bookmarks, sorted by what day a comic is updated.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I also use Feedly. It works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The webcomics worth keeping track off are either posted in the cool crew chat central thread (Jeb, Once Stung, etc), or in a select few threads on this subforum (K6BD, Strong Female Protagonist, and the upcoming sequel to It Hurts!!).