Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, we can infer from context clues that there was. Why would he specify that there's one tall and one shorter person otherwise? Think about it. They specifically needed people to take their place.

One reason could be the contact teleporter could only sustain so much mass, or it had to be fairly consistent across both trips, so they couldn't take them too (and needed them to be the same size)

The other reason is, we don't know how they got into the Menagerie. If they just disappeared its possible the guy would come looking for them, so Rick specifically needed somebody to take his place so he could escape for good. Otherwise they could just leave, the Menagerie guy would notice they were gone but... so what?

3 was brilliant. 2 was awful. I can't even remember 2 except that there was like a skinny bald bad guy in a giant suit? Oh and some tentacle lady?

Vines. Plants don't have tentacles.

Also, I barely remember there being a love interest and all she does is get in a egg and disappear into space.

That was supposed to be a twist some how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Festus The Fetus posted:

What is your favorite episode? I'm genuinely curious since I thought "look whos purging now" and "morty's mind blowers" were really great episodes. My favorite is probably last weeks "tales from the citadel".

S1: Lawnmower Dog
S2: Big Trouble in Little Sanchez
S3: Pickle Rick

These are the episodes I just love and can watch forever and forever.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I liked parts of the episode, but overall... I dunno. I mean, we know Rick's a giant rear end in a top hat, but the fact that he's so callously torn apart Morty's memories is just :smith:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Ricks Must Be Crazy will always be the best episode.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My takes, which are fact.

Worst of the season is Vindicators, which was merely a good episode.

Tales from the citadel is the best episode of the series, but god drat were mindblowers and rest and ricklaxation amazing. Season 3 looking to be the strongest season yet.

Weakest episode of the series is Gazorpazorp, though the Rick and Summer plot was solid.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't like Vindicators because of how stupidly mean spirited it was. It had some decent chuckles, but it felt like it was written by Garth Ennis.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
So there were a lot of mind blowers. And maybe this is just the series playing fast and loose with continuity, but we are constantly getting glimpses of the idea that there are many many Rick and Morty adventures that we don’t get to see. Easily more than 365. Is Morty going to grow up over the course of the series? Will he still be a 14 year old boy in 5 seasons?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Maybe C-137 is the universe where people never age.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it's a cartoon.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

You quote that like it isn't dark either way.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I liked parts of the episode, but overall... I dunno. I mean, we know Rick's a giant rear end in a top hat, but the fact that he's so callously torn apart Morty's memories is just :smith:

What's best about this episode it's that it buttons up how Rick can once again improvise in stressful situations. That's what I like best about it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I like that Summer knows about Morty's mind-blowers and isn't bothered by it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TenCentFang posted:

I didn't like Vindicators because of how stupidly mean spirited it was. It had some decent chuckles, but it felt like it was written by Garth Ennis.

I agree with this. The leaps of logic from the Vindicators aren't perfect to they're just like villains and deserving of horrible deaths were a bit too far.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I enjoyed how mean-spirited Vindicators was. Also every Vindicator who died (except Croc-o-Bot) brought it on themselves.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

doingitwrong posted:

So there were a lot of mind blowers. And maybe this is just the series playing fast and loose with continuity, but we are constantly getting glimpses of the idea that there are many many Rick and Morty adventures that we don’t get to see. Easily more than 365. Is Morty going to grow up over the course of the series? Will he still be a 14 year old boy in 5 seasons?

Yeah, given the number of mind blowers Morty should be a few years older now, but they're fudging it because that's how cartoons do it. Maybe they'll lampshade it at some point.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I like the random mix of canon and total inconsistency. It makes the show fun! They can be super particular about a facet being real and then just forget that Rick was actually a clone that chest-burst out of toxic rick and it's fine.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, given the number of mind blowers Morty should be a few years older now, but they're fudging it because that's how cartoons do it. Maybe they'll lampshade it at some point.

Well also in infinite universes Morties and Ricks should be born at different times and be different ages, not all exactly the same age, but the real answer is "don't think about it"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Of every show ever created this seems like the easiest one to handwave away time and aging going weird.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nail Rat posted:

Well also in infinite universes Morties and Ricks should be born at different times and be different ages, not all exactly the same age, but the real answer is "don't think about it"

That's irrelevant, do you think C-137 Rick collected mind blowers from other Mortys? Each of those Morties has their own Rick who probably has their own Mind Blowers. You gotta remember the way the scale works.

Even if he did somehow steal another morty's mind blowers, I doubt he'd let his Morty see them in that case. It'd be too loving weird.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Of every show ever created this seems like the easiest one to handwave away time and aging going weird.

They explicitly don't do time travel on this show, so as to not get too close to BTTF. Rick does not know how to do time travel. So there are limits.

But that said, Rick could be injecting Morty with anti-aging serum or whatever. Or maybe its some kind of crazy relativity effect? I mean really by that everybody else should be older but who knows how rick's spaceship works, probably skips relativity.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 20, 2017

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

They explicitly don't do time travel on this show, so as to not get too close to BTTF. Rick does not know how to do time travel. So there are limits.

But that said, Rick could be injecting Morty with anti-aging serum or whatever. Or maybe its some kind of crazy relativity effect? I mean really by that everybody else should be older but who knows how rick's spaceship works, probably skips relativity.

Venture brothers managed to explain the boys not aging over the series without time travel (as did the fairy odd parents)

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

TenCentFang posted:

"like it was written by Garth Ennis" has never really been something I consider a negative.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wolfechu posted:

"like it was written by Garth Ennis" has never really been something I consider a negative.

Yikes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Speak for yourself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

empty whippet box posted:

Just realized that in the shot with mr. poopybutthole proposing to morty, morty is smiling and crying and saying yes.

It would be incredible to have someone propose to you with whom you share no unhappy memories.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Best episode is easily the first one with the Council, since it had Doofus Rick which is my favorite thing in the entire series. Doofus Rick is great.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pick posted:

It would be incredible to have someone propose to you with whom you share no unhappy memories.

We don't know if that's true about anyone but Beth. The rest of the family could have had some bad days with Mr. Poopybutthole that were simply vastly outweighed by the good days.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKSb_79haK4

Not the best one, honestly. I suppose it's hard to do one of these based around an anthology format.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Why did the Citadel hate so much Rick so much more between the first episode with them (where he's cleared of charges after being framed by Evil Rick) to the second episode (season premiere where he destroys the citadel). The part about sending assassins to keep his knowledge from falling into the government's hands made sense but once he escaped wouldn't they have had no reason to want him dead anymore?

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

That person just busts those out every week drat, the consistent release schedule is impressive, they must have a really good process.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why did the Citadel hate so much Rick so much more between the first episode with them (where he's cleared of charges after being framed by Evil Rick) to the second episode (season premiere where he destroys the citadel). The part about sending assassins to keep his knowledge from falling into the government's hands made sense but once he escaped wouldn't they have had no reason to want him dead anymore?

Because they break into the interrogation room literally seconds after Rick escapes? They don't even know he escaped until he takes over one of the special forces ricks body.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pick posted:

Well yeah, Rock had removed all of the bad ones

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

The Glumslinger posted:

Well yeah, Rock had removed all of the bad ones

Rick is a parasite

Whoa he really is

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On the squirrel gag, I kind of hope that, since they likely can't influence people directly without them looking crazy or blowing their cover, the squirrels use a coalition formed by Eliza Thornberry and Dr Doolittle as extensions of their will. They would have offered Morty a seat on the NWO (of course "erasing" him if he refused) if he hadn't fled.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

BioEnchanted posted:

On the squirrel gag, I kind of hope that, since they likely can't influence people directly without them looking crazy or blowing their cover, the squirrels use a coalition formed by Eliza Thornberry and Dr Doolittle as extensions of their will. They would have offered Morty a seat on the NWO (of course "erasing" him if he refused) if he hadn't fled.

????????

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They thought they had killed RIck. Morty convinced the Council that Rick was still alive, and they knew he'd come for revenge.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/hc9hgXa.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/j8Lieep.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/i9Pe3iq.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/TOQBYyi.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/VX9heJV.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/7zcCReu.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/y4chwWf.mp4

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rick eating poo poo on the ski slope is such a great moment.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

I love that Morty caught him planting a flag, and that's what proved his moon-ness.

Why else would he be up on the moon if not to steal the flag there?

Morty definitely should have double checked to make sure it wasn't just a smudge.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
nothing like a huge wall of gifs to make the thread actually unreadable

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

nothing like a huge wall of gifs to make the thread actually unreadable

oh poo poo i didnt mean to interrupt string of lovely fan-made reenactments and navel gazing about whether rick is Truly Evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This whole thread is ruined thanks nice going.

Please close thread and cancel this show: