Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

UchihaHirou posted:

If you had a Max Limit Break Kaleidoscope, you wouldn't even need Waver. :gacha:

MLB kaleidoscope lancelot is my favorite whale since free willy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Here's a question I've been thinking about for a while: of these three types of CEs, what is generally regarded as the better way to quickly build NP?

-Arts card effectiveness boosters like Formal Craft
-NP Gain boosters like Divine Banquet
-Gain NP every turn like Prisma Cosmos

Obviously ignoring external factors like servant skills, their personal NP gain, other teammates, etc.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Nate RFB posted:

I actually prefer a Support Waver for Gaul, so that I can do Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope and use Waver to instantly get him to 100% and use his NP on the final round. Since even with a Kaleidoscope, it's about a 50/50 chance Lancelot makes it to the final round with NP at 100%. God his NP gain is so bad!!

i feel bad for my non-waver having friends because they never receive my FP. i've done nothing but gaul (including a level up) since 1/2 ap started. only two more oct crystals and i'll hit my goal of 25 for kintoki. :unsmith:

though if i was a smart man i would keep farming, as i need 55. you see, there's only 20 from gudaguda, therefore

e: the bot in the granblue discord told me to keep farming oct crystals

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 19, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Art card boost and np gain require the servant actually punch things while passive np charge per thun doesn't.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For sake of argument let's assume that they get 1 or 2 arts cards each turn and utilize them.

I basically just want to put something on Jeanne that will maximize her ability to build NP every couple of turns. If that means making sure she utilizes Arts cards a lot then so be it. I was just curious what the general meta was on the subject.

One thing I didn't consider wrt Prisma Cosmos is that that's a free 16% NP after she gets stunned.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The best is probably three cosmos for art team. Stable charge gen all across with a boost.

Art team also stall forever, so it adds up a lot.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Actually this might cinch it: you'd have to gain at least 32% NP, not necessarily easy outside of a full Arts chain, to get at least 8% extra from Divine Banquet. On the other hand Cosmos will give you that extra every single time. Unless of course I'm misunderstanding the formula, which I probably am.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/910191779701559296

okeanos on the 28th

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just let Teach write all the facebook posts from now on.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Apparently:

quote:

Blackbeard talks in loving 2ch lingo. As in, there are multiple occasions on which his in-game speech ends in "wwwww", and he refers to Drake as "BBA" (elderly woman), calls Euryale "kawaii" in loving English (among other things), and a bunch of other poo poo that you may or may not find funny.

I'm afraid of what terrible bootleg 'meme' we'll get in the translations, especially from leddit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The entire point of Blackbeard's character is that he uses terrible bootleg memes. Everyone calls him annoying and wants him to go away and and nobody gets what he's saying. Why act like the translation would be terrible for using memes for the meme character?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
euryale is not loving kawaii

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

One thing I didn't consider wrt Prisma Cosmos is that that's a free 16% NP after she gets stunned.

This right here is the big reason Prisma Cosmos is the best thing ever on her.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

edward teach is good, actually

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Randomzx posted:

I'm afraid of what terrible bootleg 'meme' we'll get in the translations, especially from leddit.

The kids be taking my memes, matey

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
My point is I would be expecting equivalent net lingo as expected in the translation. As the quote already showcased the Japanese examples. Thus its more about bracing yourself what NA would get.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
then i hope they keep wwwwwww because that always make me laugh for some reason

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

euryale is not loving kawaii

no?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tired Moritz posted:

then i hope they keep wwwwwww because that always make me laugh for some reason

Same, mostly because I imagine it pronounced like WWWUUUUHHHH.

It translates directly to "lolololo" though.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
September 19 is also the International Talk Like a Pirate Day, would we have been better off with lame pirate jokes and lingo?

Vengarr posted:

Same, mostly because I imagine it pronounced like WWWUUUUHHHH.

It translates directly to "lolololo" though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 19, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Randomzx posted:

September 19 is also the International Talk Like a Pirate Day, would we have been better off with lame pirate jokes and lingo?

Type-Moon's ability to land their stuff on the appropriate date strikes again. Like the Mother's Day thing with FZ.

I'm annoyed with old Drake animations though.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Clawtopsy posted:

If anyone would be happy to help a Marie Antoinette and little else out, my NA User ID is 678,365,940!

Marie would want to be friends and you should too.

Sent you a request. I'm J.R.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

If anyone would be happy to help a Marie Antoinette and little else out, my NA User ID is 678,365,940!

I friended you. I have some useful things up. Will be changing my Jeanne out for Kintoki once he's 80 this week, though.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Clawtopsy posted:

Sent, I'm Harry in game. Have fun with BeatstickAltera.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Type-Moon's ability to land their stuff on the appropriate date strikes again. Like the Mother's Day thing with FZ.

I'm annoyed with old Drake animations though.

We get superior skill scream though, so it balances out.

HOUGEKI YOI!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Marie has lots of friends now! Thank you all!

Vive la France!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I also sent a request to you Clawtopsy.
I'm Crimson in game.

If anyone else would like to add me, my code is 297,499,682
I've been playing since day one, and most of the people I added then have gone inactive. And I don't actually get many rando requests. I need FP!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

SereneCrimson posted:

I'm Crimson in game.

I've been playing since day one, and most of the people I added then have gone inactive. And I don't actually get many rando requests. I need FP!

A Waver with Formalcraft? You are probably never leaving my friends list.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

A Waver with Formalcraft? You are probably never leaving my friends list.

Well, I've got an LB Wavercraft if you want to use him now and again, just let me know your in-game name so I don't accidentally throw you out with the daily purges of non-goons that flood my requests :downs:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Adding some codes to ( . Y . )'s friends list.

Feel free to add me and my Drac/Waver/randos: 444,048,721

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SereneCrimson posted:

I'm Crimson in game.

Sent.
e: here's mine while I'm clearing out 2 month+ inactives.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's a Septem rate up soon if that's your jam.

And hey, NA exclusive banners!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, I've got an LB Wavercraft if you want to use him now and again, just let me know your in-game name so I don't accidentally throw you out with the daily purges of non-goons that flood my requests :downs:

Name is Harry, 018,233,170.

I had forgotten to update my support setup for a while, but its got most of my best servants and CEs there now.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Pureauthor posted:

There's a Septem rate up soon if that's your jam.

And hey, NA exclusive banners!

I got tempted seeing Nero on the banner itself. But Stheno is also on the rateup. DW I wont fall for your tricks

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I only need one more Nero to get to NP5 so I might roll.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My user ID is 642,737,318. Enjoy using my suboptimal characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

merlin rerun in JP

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Ascend Lancelot to level 60. Immediately have mats to asend him to level 70. :getin:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I had a guy with a level 80 Waver/Gilgamesh combo that hadn't logged in in 20 days, but this would be a tradeoff I'd gladly make (assuming you still have open slots by the time you get my request).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa