Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Good Place is an American fantasy comedy from the mind of Michael Schur.(Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn 99)

The series is focused on the Afterlife, specifically an afterlife that judges people based on an inane amount of mundane criteria to see who put more good into the world than bad.

If you are one of those rare few who put more good into the world, you go to the Good Place, a pristine utopia where you get to be with your soulmate forever. Those who don't? Well, spoilers, that's what the show is actually about.

The Cast:

Eleanor Shellstrop(Kristen Bell):

Cause of Death: Struck and killed by a tractor-trailer carrying a billboard for erectile dysfunction products.

A thoroughly mediocre person who found herself in the Good Place by accident and doesn't want anyone to find out so she doesn't get sent to the bad place.

Chidi Anagonye(William Jackson Harper):

Cause of Death: Bludgeoned by a falling air conditioner unit in the midst of an indecisive panic attack.

An ethics professor too plagued by insecurity and indecisiveness to ever actually do any good for the world. Was the first person to know Eleanor's secret.

Tahani Al-Jamil(Jameela Jamil):

Cause of Death: Unknown

Her name literally means "Congratulations Beautiful". A wealthy philanthropist who did a lot of good for extremely selfish reasons.

Jianyu/Jason Mendoza(Manny Jacinto):

Cause of Death: Suffocated to death in fake safe while trying to do an elaborately stupid switcharoo.

This stoner wanna be DJ petty thief dIed at the same time a Buddhist Monk achieved Nirvana, thus creating a clerical error that sent him to the good place.

http://i.imgur.com/pFvMs8R.gifv
Michael(Ted Danson):

Initially posing as a Good Place architect, Michael was revealed in the finale to actually be a Bad Place demon who has put these four mediocre souls together in a fake Good Place they think they don't belong to in a grouping he believes will lead to a millenium of primo psychological torture. Once Eleanor figured this out, he wiped their minds and restart from scratch.

Janet(D'Arcy Carden):

A Good Place Celestial AI stolen by Michael. Fell in love with Jianyu before getting reset to factory settings.

:siren:Season 2 starts tonight, September 20th with an hour long premiere at 10pm EST on NBC, future episodes will be Thursdays at 8:30EST:siren:

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'll update the OP with some better character pictures when I have time but the show is back tonight get excited!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gently caress yeah I'm ready let's go

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The show is forking great.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Video of the cast being told the twist

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Early reviews of the first four episodes are all really, really good across the board.

I'm so excited!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol fuckin amazing

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That's an extremely pro click.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
dammit Zaggitz how could you not use my suggestion of "In Heaven, everything is fine" for the thread subtitle? because you didn't see it but STILL

I am unbelievably excited for this season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:stoked: for tonight!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh shirt I didn't know the premiere was an hour long. Fork me! I hope it goes on Hulu at midnight/3AM like usual.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yay :neckbeard:

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
This show is awesome and I've been so excited for season 2! Glad it's back!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

D'Arcy Carden's reaction is hilarious. Can't wait to see what they do this season.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Watched season 1 on Netflix last week after seeing recommendations here, show is gooood season 2 lets gooo

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

It's time!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

fire up the ole penis flattener!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chuck just wants to bite somebody, is that so wrong?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't worry, biting will be the solution at some point.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't worry, biting will be the solution at some point.

Can't wait until Michael is forced to invent a backstory that explains why Chuck likes biting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ahahaha making chidi choose a soulmate

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I've missed this show!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

HAWAIIAN PIZZA

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Michael, this is diabolical.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

HAWAIIAN PIZZA

Of course hawaiian pizza would be in the Bad Place.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Calling it now: the four drinks are going to be given to one of the other two. Probably Tahani, who will be feeling bad, since she's not the host.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Zaggitz posted:

HAWAIIAN PIZZA

Finally confirmed to be the work of Satan.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Was that coke zero commerical making fun of the smirnoff commercial specifically...?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Tahani's punishment is the best so far

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tahani in a jean jacket.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Tahani the clog wench wearing her crocs.

Amazing.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Tahani's punishment is wonderful

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

hangedman1984 posted:

Of course hawaiian pizza would be in the Bad Place.

Considering Schur's opinion on hot fruit that's a given.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Tahani is going to be great this season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's honestly amazing just how wrong Tahani in those clothes felt.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jason being forced into a situation where he can never get his budhole filled with stuff is truly the worst place.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

He's trying to force it. It's not going to work that way!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"Real Eleanor's" bitchiness about her new casting is forking wonderful

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is falling apart so fast holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Everything is going to...uumm..Hell...and it's great!

• Locked thread