Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Sitting Here posted:

vote jonjoe since he's not playing

lol. im dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

why those people, specifically?

SebMojo because he is corrupt
QuoproQuid because he was the first to sling an unironic accusation.

I'll be honest, if we are "really" playing I side with Muffin with the no-kill strat.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I am willing to believe muffin and trex are not horrible murderers

QPQ and mojo I am ambiguous on

everyone else terrifies me, gtf away

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:munch:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

exmond and muffin seem town to me. the former because his reactions read as genuine and the latter because it seems unlikely that scum would backtrack after a call for a no-lynch

im most suspicious of sittinghere, t-rex, and b-mond1. my suspicions against sh started as a joke but i havent like her reactions and stuff

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
oh nooo my reactions started as a joke to your joke suspicion aaaahhh

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

oh nooo my reactions started as a joke to your joke suspicion aaaahhh

we all float down hereee

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

exmond and muffin seem town to me. the former because his reactions read as genuine and the latter because it seems unlikely that scum would backtrack after a call for a no-lynch

im most suspicious of sittinghere, t-rex, and b-mond1. my suspicions against sh started as a joke but i havent like her reactions and stuff

I think that T-rex was kind of suspicious just making a vote against you like that, but you also started poo poo-flinging. I don't think id vote against SH yet.

I'd like to hear other peoples reactions to

1) SittingHere being scum
2) SebMojo being scum

Also is one of us gonna die at night time? Or two of us?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I'm not really sure what you're basing the mojo thing on. You kept calling him 'corrupt' earlier and I kinda figured it was joke-phase stuff about him being a mod but I'd like to hear what you're thinking now.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm not scum, and any pick at this point is pure random so only serves the cause of evil.

sound monkey would have wanted us to work together people!

dangling from a rope
twisting in the stagnant air
strange fruity ex mod

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I didn't think seb was scum until he just denied math.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I'm not really sure what you're basing the mojo thing on. You kept calling him 'corrupt' earlier and I kinda figured it was joke-phase stuff about him being a mod but I'd like to hear what you're thinking now.

Look at this man's avatar. Is it the avatar of a man who lost last weeks thunderdome. NAY IT IS NOT!

Thus i say SebMojo is CORRUPT! BURN DOWN THE SYSTEM, BURN THE MODS!

I.. I'll be honest I don't know how long I can continue with this lovely joke

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Thranguy posted:

yronic's the quietest, which might be suspicious.

Busy until now. No strong suspicions but I'm re-reading.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

T-Rex could just be enthusiastic. I agree the vote did not look good. But my first ever game I piled on for dumb town reasons and got turboed for it D1. I was the town cop that game.

Exmond posted:

My list of suspcious people, ranked in order

JonJoe
SebMojo
QuoQuidPro

Im up for allying though, who out of the list should we kill?

Feels like fishing for votes. You are the one I'm most focused on so far.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

I'm not scum, and any pick at this point is pure random so only serves the cause of evil.

sound monkey would have wanted us to work together people!

dangling from a rope
twisting in the stagnant air
strange fruity ex mod

What is the math on a day one lynching where a murderer successfully proposes the target? The murderer knows the random target is going come out of (# townsfolk)+(#scum-1), so its more likely to hit a goodie.

What I'm saying is we should prob lynch exmond on account of his unmotivated murderboner for me.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
here's my feelings as a newb playing with other newbs:

people who benefit from town people killing each other will probably try to insight the mobbing and get us to vote against our own.

people who are crying for level heads and feel reluctant to kill are probably town people trying to look out for each other, especially those of us who haven't played before and are more concerned with the unspeakable horrors outside the windows.

(QPQ might possibly be the exception, since he pointed out that not killing anyone on day one would reduce the chance of town victory. If not executing anyone on day one would truly benefit scum, then it would've made more sense to keep quiet about that)

Mojo is ambiguous but there's literally no reason to vote for him over any other random person.

muffin is muffin.

trex....idk man, you backed me up on the QPQ vote but now i'm wondering if that was a jump to start a bandwagon to take out town people. I wanna trust you man but idk i just dk.

exmond, i'm starting to suspect you.

everyone else is ambiguous at this point.

Anyway, i think if the scum take me out at night, it'll be very telling verrry telling indeed as to who's who

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Exmond do you have a real reason for suspecting mojo? because im not seeing it

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sitting Here posted:

exmond, i'm starting to suspect you.

I give you a few scenarios

1) I am the worst scum player ever
I immediately call out sebmojo in the first post of the game and stick with it despite having no backup and it being very, very, VERY obvious. Nobody has agreed with me and nobody has suspected seb mojo

2) I am a new player playing with a group that allready knows each other and I am unironically poo poo posting to try and fit it
I unironically poo poo posting (Using clone high as a reference so its funny) in an attempt to fit in with a group that already knows each other and hangs out on IRC. i continue to stick wtih the joke (Though I waver because I am Canadian and im worried seb mojo might take it personally) since I want people to think im "Funny" and "Likeable". I'm also new so by making a hilarious post I can hopefully figure out how to play as other people post useful information.

And I will use your own words in my defence

Sitting Here posted:

people who are crying for level heads and feel reluctant to kill are probably town people trying to look out for each other, especially those of us who haven't played before and are more concerned with the unspeakable horrors outside the windows.

Exmond posted:

I'll be honest, if we are "really" playing I side with Muffin with the no-kill strat.

Exmond posted:

Also is one of us gonna die at night time? Or two of us?

Exmond posted:

I.. I'll be honest I don't know how long I can continue with this lovely joke

I will let you decide!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

b-minus1 posted:

Exmond do you have a real reason for suspecting mojo? because im not seeing it

#JonJoeshouldGetALosingAvatar

I have no reason save for the above, please see my response where I say I cannot continue the lovely joke

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:hb: Votecount for Day 1 :hb:

QuoProQuid (2): Sitting Here, Tyrannosaurus
Sitting Here (1): QuoProQuid
Tyrannosaurus (1): Thranguy

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Exmond, sebmojo, SurreptitiousMuffin, yronic heroism

With 9 people still trapped in the library, it takes 5 votes to execute someone.
The current deadline is September 21st, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 30 minutes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Him. Reevaluating.

##vote: T-Rex

For the most substantively suspicious act.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Rex, who is your scumbro?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm not feeling either of these cases that much. T-Rex did something and it's probably enough for a typical D1 case but the second of five votes isn't too much of scum tell. I'm open to a no execute but we will need 5 of 8 to execute tomorrow, means town really needs to stick together on a d2 vote.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

By either of these cases I mean Rex or QPQ.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Other thoughts:

I am not very suspicious of sh at all but they could be playing us if they're a decent writer.

I personally feel good about seb, solid posting, seems pro-town.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I thought town had to kill someone every turn tbh

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Why do you want a no lynch after the discussion above?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Why do you want a no lynch after the discussion above?

I don't want to hit town and like I said I'm not feeling these choices.

I'd prefer to vote for Exmond.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

In fact, that's my vote for now anyway

##vote exmond

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

On mobile. Why Exmond?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Is there anything more than the "fishing" post?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

On mobile. Why Exmond?

Phew, you should read my defence post.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Is there anything more than the "fishing" post?

Yeah. I really didn't like it, found it more scum seeming than Rex's vote tbh. Seems like covering his bases to test for momentum against multiple targets.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

Yeah. I really didn't like it, found it more scum seeming than Rex's vote tbh. Seems like covering his bases to test for momentum against multiple targets.

I like how they are ignoring any posts where I defend myself.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Can see it but am not convinced. See it as more townie not knowing what they are doing.

The follow-up defense strikes me as a little more odd, but I would rather lynch someone else.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Exmond posted:

I give you a few scenarios

1) I am the worst scum player ever
I immediately call out sebmojo in the first post of the game and stick with it despite having no backup and it being very, very, VERY obvious. Nobody has agreed with me and nobody has suspected seb mojo

2) I am a new player playing with a group that allready knows each other and I am unironically poo poo posting to try and fit it
I unironically poo poo posting (Using clone high as a reference so its funny) in an attempt to fit in with a group that already knows each other and hangs out on IRC. i continue to stick wtih the joke (Though I waver because I am Canadian and im worried seb mojo might take it personally) since I want people to think im "Funny" and "Likeable". I'm also new so by making a hilarious post I can hopefully figure out how to play as other people post useful information.

And I will use your own words in my defence

I will let you decide!

The defensiveness here gives me pause but I don't know how much of that is new player anxiety.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

What do you think of b-minus?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

What do you think of b-minus?

Lurking pretty hard. Would.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

yronic heroism posted:

Lurking pretty hard. Would.

True, I tend to lurk on d1 but I am lurking more than usual. I'll put a stop to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Battery is dying. That's all I have for now. I'll check back in a few hours.

• Locked thread