Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I love how fast this is going off Michael's rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Are we going to get an episode 1 reboot? Lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OH MY GOD

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OKay

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This is forking amazing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Can I just say Kristen Bell was rocking that leather jacket.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Thank god there's another ep-- what do you mean its 9:55?!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Wow, they aren't dragging this out at all.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So the show is now going to be Michael hiding this fuckup from his bosses, right?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

How soon until they have to team with Michael to escape the Bad Place?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I'll admit... this isn't how even my most extreme expectations thought this would go :stare:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
The season 1 twist worked but if all this turns out to be the Bad Place for torturing Michael I'll be peeved.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OH JESUS

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

That was disturbing

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

They're enormous. :stare:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I want to hear more about these butthole spiders.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm a little sad they blew up the status quo so quickly (because I like when the four humans are bouncing off each other), but that was a forking amazing premier

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

They really knocked the season premier out of the park. I think my favorite thing is that we spent so long getting to know the characters in season 1 that, even with completely remixed (after)lives, the way they behave was completely obvious to the audience, while completely opaque to Michael. And even without the note, his crew is so self-sabotaging that this is obviously doomed to fail.

I do have one question: Why was he tape-recording his conversation with his boss at the end? Is he going to, like, make fake messages to his staff from his boss to keep them going?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

It looked to me as if he were about to start recording something when the call from Shawn interrupted him, not that he was deliberately trying to record Shawn.

Also, Butthole Spiders really needs to be a fantasy football team name.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Yeah, I read that as Michael was fiddling with the tape recorder, then was startled by Shaun's call.

Also, it's pretty impressive that the show pretty much burned through an entire season two in ~40 minutes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

try the new taco place posted:

Also, it's pretty impressive that the show pretty much burned through an entire season two in ~40 minutes.

The thread title should really read Season 3 now. :)

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
This show is on fire. It sold me on episode 1 and hasn't let up yet.

I can see this season turning into Michael using the humans/working with them as a way to prevent his own eternal torture, now that he's lied to Shawn and will have to continue to do so.

But given how this show flips its tables so easily, who knows?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
That was a fantastic season premiere. Season 1 showed us those characters so well that they didn't need to do long detailed explanations about why all the situations were torture for the humans, but could just show them and we'd get it.

I really loved Michael's insidious little line to Tahani that "No one else has any complaints..." which of course makes her doubt herself.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 21, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We're headed towards Michael having his memory erased and being thrown in with the rest of the gang while someone else takes over management of the neighborhood.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Michael losing it and just laughing when Jianyu and Janet said hi was awesome.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Eleanor is gonna find that recording next episode, mark my words.

That premiere was nothing and everything like I expected. Just great.

I'm going TO THE GYM!!!

Silly Burrito posted:

The thread title should really read Season 3 now. :)

I approve of this.

It would be amazing if there was a reboot every single episode but I don't think that's where they're going.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How dare you sideline Denise like that, Michael? :mad:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

PotatoJudge posted:

The season 1 twist worked but if all this turns out to be the Bad Place for torturing Michael I'll be peeved.
Yeah, but what if Michael's plotting winds up redeeming the four, so his torture is that he's a demon who inadvertently saves people?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I joke guessed that the Good Place was Michael's personal Bad Place after like the first or second episode of season 1, is that a real theory now? Did I meme?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Michael isn't in the bad place, nor the 4 humans anymore. This season is torturing real Eleanor, the bitey guy, and BombaJon. Michael is really on a job interview to be the person who tortures demons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was loving awesome. God drat I'm so happy this show is back! So excited to see how it progresses from here, that was a truly great premiere.

howe_sam posted:

Can I just say Kristen Bell was rocking that leather jacket.

This 1000%.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This show's really well put together and I love Ted Danson's back to his usual poo poo. I also hate Larry David.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Wait, we're allowed to bite them?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arist posted:

ahahaha making chidi choose a soulmate

That was amazing.

PotatoJudge posted:

Micheal is definitely in the bad place and being tortured as well.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Arist posted:

ahahaha making chidi choose a soulmate

Couldn't imagine a worse torture for him.

I missed this show so bad. Flawless return.

Edit: Except for Rachel/Real Eleanor, no part of her return was really good. :shrug:

Loutre fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 21, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Yeah I think they made the bad place even better (worse?) This time around. Tahani was broken by the first night.

This show is so incredibly well done. And I want my own Janet.

broken sm57
Apr 5, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yeah I feel like they'll reveal this one either next episode or at the midseason finale.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Has this been the case the entire time, or just since the end of last year as a consequence of his failure? The latter would explain why all of his minions are so incompetent this year compared to last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

General Dog posted:

Has this been the case the entire time, or just since the end of last year as a consequence of his failure? The latter would explain why all of his minions are so incompetent this year compared to last.

Could go either way. But yea his minions are way more incompetent this year.

"I'm going to the gym."

• Locked thread