Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think he meant Bloodborne got no love via a pro patch which is true and sucks. Not that Quantum Break is more popular than Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

fishmech posted:

I have no idea but my Amazon order says scorpio edition. I think I get a free game?

I think the only differences are the console itself has a slightly different texture and the controller says Scorpio Edition on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's no reason to want the Scorpio Edition. If you can happen to get it then cool, but you're not missing anything by not having it.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

fishmech posted:

I have no idea but my Amazon order says scorpio edition. I think I get a free game?

The console and controller both say “Project Scorpio” on them, and it comes with a free vertical stand.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Scorpio edition is the one with the ugly markings that's going to depress resale value.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

E:f,b

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 21, 2017

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Has anyone reportedly won from that taco bell promotion or is US lacking any sweepstakes law, allowing to have 0% win chances?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just hang it from a hook above the tv.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adaptabullshit posted:

Has anyone reportedly won from that taco bell promotion or is US lacking any sweepstakes law, allowing to have 0% win chances?

A good won a ps4 from it once

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bloodborne does rum slightly better with the Pro's boost mode. Trouble spots are smoother.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

veni veni veni posted:

I think he meant Bloodborne got no love via a pro patch which is true and sucks. Not that Quantum Break is more popular than Bloodborne.

Yea that's what I meant. And for the record QB does suck

For those with the youngins, the big minecraft update launched today, although it seems like it's made some changes most people aren't happy with

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-update-here

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Sep 21, 2017

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Adaptabullshit posted:

A bunch of people have already, yeah.

Pokemon OH SNAP!
Oct 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Did XBLIG produce a single good game? I remember it being hilarious for the demos but that was about it.

Protect Me Knight is a top 10 360 game and not available in any other form. There's a sequel on 3DS but it's not as good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Supergreatfriends xblig series is must watch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBX posted:

Bloodborne does rum slightly better with the Pro's boost mode. Trouble spots are smoother.

You do indeed get higher framerates but the frame timing is still unsteady, which means there's quite a lot of juddery movement especially in area transitions. Then again if these things bother you and/or you even know what frame timing means, you're probably not playing games on console.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

From game sloppy you say?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

From game sloppy you say?

DS3 would crash my entire PC every time I tried to exit the game before I found out I had to go into advanced settings and uncheck dpi scaling or somesuch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Scorpio edition gets a free stand for vertical use but that's the only benefit. The green font (especially on the controller) is so ugly that I switched to regular xboxox.

The lack of good headset options is still bothering me though. Seems like Turtle Beach 800x is the best but they are obscenely expensive, and it's Turtle Beach.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Any hyper x cloud is good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I prefer Sephiroth x Cloud

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

I use it for PC gaming, but I can vouch for the HyperX Cloud being excellent.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Adaptabullshit posted:

US sweepstakes laws are actually pretty strict because ending up with your sweepstakes being legally "gambling" can be a major crime in most states.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

RBX posted:

I got one of these and am happy for it for both my Xbox and Ps4 gaming needs. Here's the WireCutter review that convinced me to give 'em a try.
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-headset/

I ended up finding the more expensive model for less money used on Amazon and bought that and am happy with it.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Guess whos back

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/21/16345334/the-duke-xbox-controller-release-date-price

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't understand why people want that. The original xbox controller was terrible. I'm surprised Microsoft was able to get it right with the 360 controller.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The button layout needed work, but goddamn did the grip feel really good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Duke was the main reason I chose Xbox over PS2 back in 2001.

Although I also chose the Sega Saturn over the PS1 due to the superior controller...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand why people want that. The original xbox controller was terrible. I'm surprised Microsoft was able to get it right with the 360 controller.

It got made fun of so much its now funny to own. See also: xbox 1

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

It got made fun of so much its now funny to own. See also: xbox 1

Ironic purchases will save the Bone.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cojawfee posted:

If they can slap a proper d-pad mechanism under the d-pad itself it'd be pretty rad for the upcoming original Xbox titles on Xbox One. Some games just don't feel as good to play when you're using the bumpers instead of the original white and black button placement.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The lack of good headset options is still bothering me though. Seems like Turtle Beach 800x is the best but they are obscenely expensive, and it's Turtle Beach.

I have those and they're great, other than the weird method they have for adjusting your mic's volume. There's only four volume levels and they're named after how loud the ambient noise in your room is. I don't know if they're worth the money but they sound better than my actual 5.1 speakers.

Cojawfee posted:

They got it right with the smaller Japanese version they started including with every system worldwide after everyone hated the Duke.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The revised version they made after the Duke was probably the first actual decent game controller. The duke wasn't bad for the time but lol at wanting to use it now.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

veni veni veni posted:

The revised version they made after the Duke was probably the first actual decent game controller.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The SNES controller was the first good game controller

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Sakurazuka posted:

The SNES controller was the first good game controller

Sega Saturn, JP style.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Always loved how light the PS3 controller is; worst current example is the Xbox Elite pad: Much too heavy. Really regret buying that thing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pokemon OH SNAP! posted:

Protect Me Knight is a top 10 360 game and not available in any other form. There's a sequel on 3DS but it's not as good.

100% Agreed. I played a crapload of it when it came out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

What was bad about it? It was basically the 360 controller 1.0

Edit: oh the part about it being the first. What I should have said is that it was the first decent game controller for modern 3D games.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 22, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Fame Douglas posted:

Always loved how light the PS3 controller is; worst current example is the Xbox Elite pad: Much too heavy. Really regret buying that thing.

Yes, this 12 ounce device is just too heavy

<exhausts self moving mouse across 9" mousepad, goes for a nap>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

veni veni veni posted:

What was bad about it? It was basically the 360 controller 1.0

Edit: oh the part about it being the first. What I should have said is that it was the first decent game controller for modern 3D games.

I'll second that, with the caveat that 90% of what makes it good was there on the Dreamcast first.