Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/909381280264986625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
That's not terrible at all!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Well, it's at least bearable.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Please stop. These puns are of c'ursa major pain in the rear end.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:psyduck:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I see what they did there.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

that would be a lot less nonsensical if it wasn't wrapped around

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Working as intended.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh my god.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Can someone explain how this makes any sense in any context? The visualizations, not the obviously anti-LGBT message.

I mean it's
1. One dude is better than this other dude.
2. Two ladies are better than absolutely nothing at all.
3. One of the dudes and one of the ladies (doesn't matter which apparently) are exactly equal to each other.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

Can someone explain how this makes any sense in any context? The visualizations, not the obviously anti-LGBT message.

I mean it's
3. One of the dudes and one of the ladies (doesn't matter which apparently) are exactly equal to each other.

My guess is that it's pure nonsense created by crazy people to justify their prejudices.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

I mean it's

I figured they were like going for balance is right, and balance happens when you have one man and woman. But why are both women standing on one side? Are women only allowed on the right? Why aren't both men on the left? Why are they even unbalanced if they're on opposite sides?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Aleph Null posted:

I mean it's

australian conservatives have brain damage

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdhq3cbY00

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
Justifying your homophobic views with imagery that includes pink triangles is maybe not the best look.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

In Australia marriage is currently only legal between one man and one woman of exactly equal weights.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah it's not exactly a persuasive argument either way, but it would have much better internal logic if both of the same-sex ones had both partners on one side of the see-saw. I guess gay people have a wider variance in weight for some reason?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I figured they were like going for balance is right, and balance happens when you have one man and woman. But why are both women standing on one side? Are women only allowed on the right? Why aren't both men on the left? Why are they even unbalanced if they're on opposite sides?

Maybe there's an extra subtext vilifying gay tops, which is why lesbians are equal?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I mean, I've known couples to split up after one partner gained a bunch of weight, but its just weird that Australia seems to mandate it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I wonder if it's bad on purpose so people would either share it or do a double take.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SiKboy posted:

I mean, I've known couples to split up after one partner gained a bunch of weight, but its just weird that Australia seems to mandate it.

I think we're actually the fattest country.

Or it's a toss up between us, the US and Mexico.

The Fatmuda Triangle.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

HardDiskD posted:

I wonder if it's bad on purpose so people would either share it or do a double take.

To what end? To make more people go "haha wow these people are fuckheads"? Like if it's anti-propaganda/against the party that's for traditional marriage, it seems like there'd be more effective ways to mock their ideas.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i think they meant to put both men on the same side of the beam but hosed up.

at least then the message sort of is at least parseable and stupid ("ssm is 'unbalanced'") as opposed to unparseable and stupid ("ssm is bad because sometimes men don't weigh the same")

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

To what end? To make more people go "haha wow these people are fuckheads"? Like if it's anti-propaganda/against the party that's for traditional marriage, it seems like there'd be more effective ways to mock their ideas.
ROI? spammers employ similar tactics by making spam emails super obvious so they don't have to expend extra effort convincing people.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Just having people talking about your thing means so much more nowadays when people are constantly being flooded with, well, everything.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I like how the lesbians are on the right side of the scale while the straight woman is on the left. It's like they went out of their way to make it wonky and nonsensical.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I like this.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

This one I understand.

Edit: Christ, how did you match the font?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

There's loads of sites that will font match for you, either by image or by asking you questions about how the letters are drawn.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Aleph Null posted:

This one I understand.

Probably just copy/pasted the 'i' 's' and 'c' from the other parts of the sentence.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

There's loads of sites that will font match for you, either by image or by asking you questions about how the letters are drawn.

SMH if you can't instantly differentiate between Bambino Light Italic and Corbert Regular

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MausoleumExtremist posted:

SMH if you can't instantly differentiate between Bambino Light Italic and Corbert Regular

I don't even know enough to know if this is sarcasm or an actual thing that people might do disguised as sarcasm.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

You've heard of elf on a shelf, now get ready for Aus on a loss!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Oxyclean posted:

But why are both women standing on one side?

The lesbian on the left does roller derby and forgot to take her skates off.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Aleph Null posted:

I mean it's

Thank you for your hot take on just why this picture was bad, we were all trying to figure it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Aleph Null posted:

This one I understand.

It took me a minute, but drat that's good.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Thank you for your hot take on just why this picture was bad, we were all trying to figure it out

Do you add anything to this thread?