Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

Eifert Posting posted:

I love this show.

"Threatened to tell Beth" is great. And no, I don't care if it's a throwaway or a big hint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

"Threatened to tell Beth" is great. And no, I don't care if it's a throwaway or a big hint.

I figured that was just a catchall for literally anytime Jerry witnesses Rick do something he doesn't want Beth to find out about.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, he doesn't give a poo poo if he gets the right jerry back or not. So much so that he doesn't even bother writing his dimension down.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

Haha, he doesn't give a poo poo if he gets the right jerry back or not. So much so that he doesn't even bother writing his dimension down.

This reminds me. I noticed when he's talking to Jaguar he refers to Beth in the Cronenberg world as "one of my daughters". While that's not some kind of smoking gun, it does lend a little bit of credence to the "Rick isn't originally from the Earth he hosed up by turning everyone into Cronenbergs" theory.

Also, I think this season ends with the Citadel becoming the new Galactic Government. A planet for every Rick to rule, a Rick for every Morty to rule.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

21 Muns posted:

Edit: So good I'll quote it for the new page.

Now I've gotten curious. My internet is satisfactory so the gifs ran smoothly, even on a 7 year old laptop, but they were really big so I had to scroll right to see them fully, but this did not break the tables for any other post on that page.

When they were quoted by another poster they resized to be fully visible without scrolling sideways.

I don't have my 1080 monitor set up where I'm at right now so I can't check how they look on that. I really don't have any knowledge about how or why people would have problems with them but I was surprised to see multiple people mention it since tons of threads in here have posts that compile a huge amount of gifs and usually nobody says anything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The gifs were very large, but I liked them okay. Especially the one where bad things happen to Morty and then Rick laughs. Especially when the monster that did something to Morty is also laughing. :3:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As much as I love this season's dedications to remixes, it's pretty clear he spends the week writing and composing the songs independently of the clips and tries to fit the clips into finished songs.

Maybe not the first one, that rings out like a "get stoned and whistling to myself" idea brought to bear but the wrote formula they are using in the others is supes basic.

Music is just the sound of numbers, if you study music theory at all it's not hard to just pump out pleasant sounding music.

https://youtu.be/lOr-22Ra7S0

^^this is better than anything from this season though.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 21, 2017

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
don't know if its a repost but summer is the real rear end in a top hat of the episode

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

don't know if its a repost but summer is the real rear end in a top hat of the episode

With her boobs all hanging out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I liked the Mad Max episode, it was easily the least insightful, but was generally just a mad cap adventure which we haven't really gotten much of this season.

Also I am Alive remix is the best one he's made.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah I feel like he had a clear vision with the I Am Alive remix, and the rest he made because he wants to make one for every episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I liked the Mad Max episode, it was easily the least insightful, but was generally just a mad cap adventure which we haven't really gotten much of this season.

Also I am Alive remix is the best one he's made.

Yeah I liked it more than Pickle Rick. But they're both good. No real stinkers this season at all.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

Music is just the sound of numbers, if you study music theory at all it's not hard to just pump out pleasant sounding music.

Music is not 'just the sound of numbers', lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The song he made for this episode wasn't that great. Though, I can't fault him, there was really nothing to make a song out of. He grabbed a hook and the rest was just autotuning a whole scene.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Don't know if this has been linked previously or if you all will even be able to see it (it's blocked in some places), but Meeseeks in Japanese is something that's funny on many, many levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVLfLeBUn8

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Speaking of R&M YouTube, there's this dipshit Erik Voss and he makes videos explaining every joke and sight gag in each episode.

Death to America

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

"You're Outnumbered" was alright, but "I am Alive" is definitely the best.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guys, give me a run down of the best episode or episodes to introduce someone to Rick & Morty.

So far I've tried with the Pilot episode twice on two different people at different times and failed miserably.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
M Night Shyam-aliens (I think? With the simulation inside a simulation/Apples campaign) was the one that hooked me. I can't really think of anything in it that'd turn a new viewer off, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lawnmower Dogs is the second episode, right? It's solid as hell, and all you're skipping is the pilot, so you don't miss any of the overarching character growth.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I think Total Rickall is a really strong episode to start people on.. maybe even Meeseeks and Destroy?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Total Rickall is a great one to start on. Got a couple friends and my wife hooked that way.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
If they don't like the pilot, then they are not True Fans and should never be allowed to watch Rick & Morty. :colbert:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's ok if people don't like the same cartoons as you.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baronjutter posted:

You have just earned a place on the Enemies List, you monster.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Inter dimensional Cable 1 is the best episode. Part 2 is up there.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Show them Doc and Mharti. That's what I do. Sexual harassment is only a misdemeanor in these parts, like a drat parking ticket.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AndyElusive posted:

Guys, give me a run down of the best episode or episodes to introduce someone to Rick & Morty.

So far I've tried with the Pilot episode twice on two different people at different times and failed miserably.

You need new friends not different episodes.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
A Rickle in Time is the one that hooked me. I guess it probably depends on your audience and what they like.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If someone actually dislikes the pilot, I don't think Rick And Morty is the show for them. That said, I got into the show via the Roy clip from Mortynight Run.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
When a friend and I tried Rick and Morty out, the pilot episode left us kind of going "meh...should we try one more?"

Lawnmower Dog hooked us both.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

21 Muns posted:

If someone actually dislikes the pilot, I don't think Rick And Morty is the show for them. That said, I got into the show via the Roy clip from Mortynight Run.

Actually I bounced off of the pilot pretty hard, didn't try to pick it back up for almost a year or more after seeing the first episode. I just didn't find it very funny how Morty was this pathetic punching bag and Rick was such a sadist.

After giving it a 2nd chance and watching the 2nd episode I liked it a lot better (obviously)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

If you can't handle them at their Doc and Mharti, you don't deserve them at their Rick and Morty

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

timp posted:

Actually I bounced off of the pilot pretty hard, didn't try to pick it back up for almost a year or more after seeing the first episode. I just didn't find it very funny how Morty was this pathetic punching bag and Rick was such a sadist.

After giving it a 2nd chance and watching the 2nd episode I liked it a lot better (obviously)

I think it probably helps that I saw Doc And Mharti a year or so earlier and I thought it was really funny but a bit too edgy, so I kind of saw the pilot as a tamped-down version of that.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Well what do you know. Turns out, Jerry has stairs in his house.

Caros
May 14, 2008

21 Muns posted:

I actively disliked the pilot, to the point that I still haven't gone back to watch it, despite enjoying the hell out of the entire remaining series.

For me it was a combination of Rick being a particularly huge rear end in a top hat without any payoff or character beyond 'is a huge rear end in a top hat', the burping (which was really overused in the pilot) and the 'smuggle this in your butt' nonsense.

If I had to make a suggestion, I'd say vindicators. My youtube ended up autoplaying onto the episode somehow and it got me hooked to watch everything else.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

QuoProQuid posted:

"You're Outnumbered" was alright, but "I am Alive" is definitely the best.

I actually like "Good Things" the most. It's so upbeat and also 'penis in the foreskin kind of love' gets me every time, for some reason.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Caros posted:

I actively disliked the pilot, to the point that I still haven't gone back to watch it, despite enjoying the hell out of the entire remaining series.

For me it was a combination of Rick being a particularly huge rear end in a top hat without any payoff or character beyond 'is a huge rear end in a top hat', the burping (which was really overused in the pilot) and the 'smuggle this in your butt' nonsense.

If I had to make a suggestion, I'd say vindicators. My youtube ended up autoplaying onto the episode somehow and it got me hooked to watch everything else.

The "they're bureaucrats, I don't respect them!" exchange is one of the absolute high points of the entire series though. At that scene I knew I was gonna be hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Something Ricked this Way Comes has a lukewarm b plot with Pluto, but is gold otherwise. You have the butter robot, the devil, and Rick being very Rick.

"This was just a bit, like when Bugs Bunny fucks with the opera singer."

"Alright, I'm bored, everyone out."