Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Edit- sorry my cspam leaked.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

yronic heroism posted:

I'm not feeling either of these cases that much. T-Rex did something and it's probably enough for a typical D1 case but the second of five votes isn't too much of scum tell. I'm open to a no execute but we will need 5 of 8 to execute tomorrow, means town really needs to stick together on a d2 vote.
I’m with you for the most part. I wouldn’t call a second vote on a player a scum tell, especially this early in the game. However…

yronic heroism posted:

In fact, that's my vote for now anyway
##vote exmond
I don’t like your decision to add a fourth player, which spreads votes are spread even further. We now have four players each with a vote. Of course, me voting to lynch you would add a fifth player receiving votes. It’s possible that you’re scum and trying to take heat off your scum partners.

I’m going to ##T-rex for the moment, but I do not like Tranguy’s early vote for T-rex. Joke votes are one thing, but it’s time for some serious discussion. Now that T-rex is under pressure, let's see how both he and tranguy respond. They deserve the chance to defend themselves.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Go gently caress yourself how about that

##vote b-minus1

Bless

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Well, I started off vaguely thinking that no-lynch was the better choice for town, and the attempt to build a quick bandwagon looked suspicious. And I still find it a bit suspicious. But after the discussion on the math for no-lynch versus the alternative, I'm convinced. So I currently find the people still pushing for doing nothing (seb,) after those posts a bit more suspicious. Also maybe yronic, who also seems to prefer not killing anyone despite the math and is voting alone, which is just as good for scum pushing a null day one as abstaining. Not really feeling anything about anyone else who actually has votes, so I'll stay here for now.

(does 't-rex' work with votefinder anyhow?)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Thranguy posted:

Well, I started off vaguely thinking that no-lynch was the better choice for town, and the attempt to build a quick bandwagon looked suspicious. And I still find it a bit suspicious. But after the discussion on the math for no-lynch versus the alternative, I'm convinced. So I currently find the people still pushing for doing nothing (seb,) after those posts a bit more suspicious. Also maybe yronic, who also seems to prefer not killing anyone despite the math and is voting alone, which is just as good for scum pushing a null day one as abstaining. Not really feeling anything about anyone else who actually has votes, so I'll stay here for now.

I think it worked, T-Rex has one vote against him.

While I do like T-rex's response it doesn't help that we now have 5 people on the vote list. As for me I have no idea who to vote for.

Quo Pro Quid who do you think is the most suspicious?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm back.

Thranguy posted:

Ohh, why you got it in for me? I'm not saying no way on T. rex but I'm not a guaranteed hard no for that and really want to push exmond more right now because that's who I really suspect. Just because you voted first doesn't mean you get to dictate our only choices

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

We have several hours to change our votes but I feel our first suspicions need to be honest ones and not turbo bandwagons.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Tyrannosaurus posted:

##vote b-minus1

Bless

I prefer this over T. rex and may switch my vote. QPQ are you feeling b-minus over ex?

Who hasn't voted yet? To me that's worse than voting your conscience to start out.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

I prefer this over T. rex and may switch my vote. QPQ are you feeling b-minus over ex?

Who hasn't voted yet? To me that's worse than voting your conscience to start out.

I haven't voted yet. I'm siding towards T-Rex or Sitting Here. You don't respond to anything I write or discuss defences so Im a bit suspcioius of you as well.

QPQ is a townie for sure,unless the kill someone day one strat is terrible (Which .. it sounds like is bad). SebMojo feels like a townie.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tyrannosaurus posted:

##vote b-minus1

Bless

Thank you for that calm, rational response. That definitely has swayed my decision.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I have to go back to work so I might not be able to check the thread. I don't think killing people turn 1 is a great strat but QPQ did post some solid math.

Ill go and vote aganst t-rex

##vote Tyrannosaurus

Their defence has been non-existant and other people have put up convincing arguments.

If I die than I hope that helps you. I can't really figure out who is a scum player if I get murdered. I think it would clear yronic heroism but maybe that's what the scum players want?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

T. rex is at -1 vote I think (forgot that QPQ voted for him) . Should be an easy to get the 5th vote if we go that way, and I'll consider doing so if it comes down to that. I want to at least get a couple more hours of discussion and will be very suspicious of anyone who turbo votes to get us to five unless with this much time on the clock.

Since I don't have a second on ex, I will consolidate and ##vote b-minus

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
b-minus didn't actually put 'vote' in there, so it's not quite official. (And I'm not sure how official the vote for 't-rex' is; votefinder isn't counting it with the others.)

What's the case against b-minus? Just early lurking+joining the emerging majority, or is there something else that looks scummy there?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I’m with you for the most part. I wouldn’t call a second vote on a player a scum tell, especially this early in the game. However…

I don’t like your decision to add a fourth player, which spreads votes are spread even further. We now have four players each with a vote. Of course, me voting to lynch you would add a fifth player receiving votes. It’s possible that you’re scum and trying to take heat off your scum partners.

I’m going to ##T-rex for the moment, but I do not like Tranguy’s early vote for T-rex. Joke votes are one thing, but it’s time for some serious discussion. Now that T-rex is under pressure, let's see how both he and tranguy respond. They deserve the chance to defend themselves.

If you are town: Maybe unvote to at least give rex the chance to defend? Right now anyone can drop in vote 5.

Also, what do you mean about tranguy's early vote? I'd like to hear your reasoning because right now you're just saying you don't like the very first person who voted the same way you are.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Thranguy posted:

b-minus didn't actually put 'vote' in there, so it's not quite official. (And I'm not sure how official the vote for 't-rex' is; votefinder isn't counting it with the others.)

What's the case against b-minus? Just early lurking+joining the emerging majority, or is there something else that looks scummy there?

Thranguy, sorry.

I didn't much care for the lurking, no. And the bandwagon from them seems at least as bad as Rex's.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm still not convinced by the vote/no vote numbers checking out if it's a scum pushing for an execution, because if they're successful the random death gets taken out of a pool with one fewer scum.

so I'm going to pick the only person who has been arguing for a specific death, ##vote exmond

the cherry tree falls
its boughs heavy with blossom
silver in moonlight

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:hb: Votecount for Day 1 :hb:

Tyrannosaurus (3): Thranguy, QuoProQuid, Exmond
b-minus1 (2): Tyrannosaurus, yronic heroism
Exmond (1): yronic heroism, yronic heroism, sebmojo
QuoProQuid (1): Sitting Here, Tyrannosaurus, Tyrannosaurus
Sitting Here (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, SurreptitiousMuffin

With 9 people still trapped in the library, it takes 5 votes to execute someone.
The current deadline is September 21st, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 45 minutes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I have to go back to work so I might not be able to check the thread. I don't think killing people turn 1 is a great strat but QPQ did post some solid math

lolwut you have been pushing to murder me since minute 1 this is suspicious af

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Exmond posted:

I haven't voted yet. I'm siding towards T-Rex or Sitting Here. You don't respond to anything I write or discuss defences so Im a bit suspcioius of you as well.

QPQ is a townie for sure,unless the kill someone day one strat is terrible (Which .. it sounds like is bad). SebMojo feels like a townie.

I think your defense is just saying you're a newbie, But I'm not sure a new town player would fish, so doesn't really change my suspicion. Sounds like you are probably safe for today since only seb and I are willing to vote on you so far.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Right now, I'm following QPQ's lead on this one. Not super happy about it but fingers crossed.

##vote Tyrannosaurus

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Re: b-minus1

My suspicions against b-minus were largely born out of his lurking and unsubstantive posting. He responds to other posters and seems aware of the conversations occuring, but his posts tend to focus on mechanics rather than his reads on other players.

b-minus1 posted:

Hi everyone. It's time to kill scum and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of gum.

I would say no.

b-minus1 posted:

was there seriously discussion of a d1 no lynch option?

b-minus1 posted:

True, I tend to lurk on d1 but I am lurking more than usual. I'll put a stop to that.

b-minus1 posted:

Thank you for that calm, rational response. That definitely has swayed my decision.

It's a tactic that scum tend to rely on, because it allows them to appear engaged without actually exposing themselves or their teammates. They are never forced to defend their reads because they don't make any.

b-minus1 posted:

Exmond do you have a real reason for suspecting mojo? because im not seeing it

b-minus1 posted:

In the two posts where b-minus talks about reads, there is very little commitment. The first is a clarifying question that sows doubt without ever clarifying his reasoning for why he does "not see it." Depending on the direction of the town's discussion, he can claim to have been on both sides of the argument. In the latter, the vote against T-Rex is framed is "weasel words." If T-Rex flips wrong, he can claim that he was only voting to put T-Rex under pressure or because he wanted some serious discussion. It's making a lynch against T-Rex more likely without committing to it.

In closing, I've talked myself into ##vote: b-minus

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
well gently caress. I think I hammered Tyrann (VOTERFINDER LIED TO ME!!1 :argh:). If it's possible to change after the hammer, I'm down to go with that. Window is closing and we need to get somebody done.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Right now, I'm following QPQ's lead on this one. Not super happy about it but fingers crossed.

##vote Tyrannosaurus

you should not follow my lead without thinking through my cases because it's been forever since i last played. also, the number of new players is absolutely wreaking my ability to read people. i can't tell what actions are being taken because people don't know how to play and which are being taken because people are trying to mislead the town. there also hasn't been a ton of discussion, which means that there aren't a lot of facts to back up cases.

My top three lynch targets today would probably be:
1.) b-minus
2.) T-Rex
3.) sitting here

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I plan on revising my vote shortly (still thinking), but I gotta go to work and etc.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Only because I don't suspect qpq anymore and I kinda did it in jest the first time

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Right. You kinda seem to know what's going on, but I'll hold fire for now. I'm still confused as to whether I dropped the hammer -- OP says no.

We've got just over 2.5 hours to make a decision.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i'd advise everyone to hold for mod clarification. i made my post without reading the most recent posts in the thread, which is generally a no-no.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:hb: Votecount for Day 1 :hb:

b-minus1 (3): Tyrannosaurus, yronic heroism, QuoProQuid
Tyrannosaurus (3): Thranguy, QuoProQuid, Exmond, SurreptitiousMuffin, QuoProQuid
Exmond (1): yronic heroism, yronic heroism, sebmojo
QuoProQuid (1): Sitting Here, Tyrannosaurus, Tyrannosaurus
Sitting Here (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 9 people still trapped in the library, it takes 5 votes to execute someone.
The current deadline is September 21st, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 35 minutes.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I am still not sold on SH -- I saw a lot of targeting happen during jokevoting but I'm not seeing anything massively suspicious so far? She's been quiet I guess?

QuoProQuid posted:

i'd advise everyone to hold for mod clarification. i made my post without reading the most recent posts in the thread, which is generally a no-no.
yeah keeping my vote as-is until we can get Podima in here, at the very least. I was basing myself off the most recent Votercounter post but just realised that the counter in the OP does live updates

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
that count I posted does NOT update because I guess I hosed up the code somehow. Check the top of the OP.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

that count I posted does NOT update because I guess I hosed up the code somehow. Check the top of the OP.
honestly right now I'm most sold on mojo's suspicions of exmond but we've already got a crazy split vote

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
oh god i didn't mean to quote myself

note to self: don't mafia immediately after waking up, before coffee, no not even if there's been almost 50 posts inthread since you last checked

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

honestly right now I'm most sold on mojo's suspicions of exmond but we've already got a crazy split vote

Same suspicion but even if we both switched it just gets ex to 3. Do we have a fourth vote out there for ex or bminus1?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey I trust QPQ So Ill change my vote. In regards to my defence my first post was aimed at JonJoe not getting a losing avatar for his story in Thunderdome that lost. Having recently lost thunderdome it stung a bit.

It was a pretty dumb joke but one that I stuck to for a while. I didn't throw my vote into it (Thinking this would make people realize it wasn't serious) and didn't realize that not voting means your suspicious :S?

I'm voting for

##vote b-minus1

I think if anyone can protect QPQ they should? He seems knowledgeable and I think the town cop can protect?

My top suspicious people are, in no order

T-Rex (Joined the bandwagon that SH started, has a bad defence when confronted)
SittingHere (Started a bandwagon that T-rex joined.. that's about it)
yronic heroism (Voted against me without addressing the defence post I put up, keeps trying to get people to vote for me)

Everyone else has been hard to read.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Cool. Well that was a short game. I really don't understand what I did to deserve this.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

b-minus1 posted:

Cool. Well that was a short game. I really don't understand what I did to deserve this.

I think your one vote away so you could still defend yourself! QPQ said something about how you don't have a definitive read on anyone and haven't said much?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Okay we've got two-ish hours left and b-minus is -1. I'm gonna be here all morning, so I'll throw the hammer down at 7:59 EDT if we get there without changes/a decision -- just so we don't need to worry about rushing to prevent a no-lynch.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
in my defense, the first time I posted after the round officially began, I took QPQ's non sequitur vote for me to be the norm. I figured everyone was gonna throw their votes around as they built consensus. I didn't think anyone would jump on my vote since there was literally no reason for me to vote QPQ except to be cheeky.

For friendship reasons I don't want to take T-rex out, but I guess I could be convinced. I'm kinda equally torn between exmond, yronic, and b-minus someone please convince me faaaast

why did I join a game about summary execution

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
FWIW, the thing I am most thinking is exmond

1) TD/CC poster, likely knows who mojo is
2) knows mojo is a huge threat based on that
3) was pushing a joking "hahaha what if we lynched somebody known in CC to be very clever and on-to-it on day 1 haha wouldn't that be crazy" way further than the joke needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I'm a bit more suspicious of b-minus than Ty right now, but not going to rush things.

• Locked thread