Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

StalkofWheat posted:

It's still a travesty that Phill Collins' lame add Tarzan song beat blame Canada.

The whole soundtrack of that movie was excellent and I don't remotely consider Blame Canada to be the best song :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Milo and POTUS posted:

The whole soundtrack of that movie was excellent and I don't remotely consider Blame Canada to be the best song :colbert:

Yea but you can't give an award for best song to Uncle Fucka on live TV.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
It least we got Matt and Trey tripping balls wearing dresses at the Oscar's out of it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I appreciate that they didn't retcon President Garrison, but also didn't explicitly spell out that it was Garrison in the tweets and just appended it to "The President (@REALTHEPRESIDENT)". It's a good way of directly addressing Trump without having to mention him by name, and also a way to drop the Garrison plot that kinda came out of nowhere when Trump unexpectedly won.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The image they used for the president looked more like the actual Trump and not Garrison so maybe they're dropping that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The little misdirection of the washroom scene was amazing. You're thinking "oh, of course Cartman walks in on all the boys making fun of his voicemail, I know how this goes."

Cut to him with his arms folded on the other side of the washroom, he was there the whole time and the guys didn't give the slightest gently caress. Soooo perfect.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

The image they used for the president looked more like the actual Trump and not Garrison so maybe they're dropping that.

I doubt it, since they mentioned him knowing Tweek personally.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
@4REALPRESIDENT

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The picture they used for the presidents tweets, is quite literally exactly how they made Garrison look last season, even with his lovely orange tan.

President is still 100% Garrison.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah it was his stank face

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can we get a whole album of those Cartman raps because GOD drat was that poo poo good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sir Lemming posted:

Though I'm sure a bunch of people, reviewers mostly, are gonna get butthurt about that and accuse them of being alt-right or whatever.
They're just as much the scum of the earth as the alt-right, what with how they act screaming and cursing their opponents out of discussion.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sir Lemming posted:

That was just about the perfect balance of "kids just being kids" and current events/politics.

Of course, the single biggest laugh was Hillary Clinton popping up during the song and the kids singing "no one cares". Though I'm sure a bunch of people, reviewers mostly, are gonna get butthurt about that and accuse them of being alt-right or whatever.
And those SJWs, amirite? God, it makes me SO MAD when things I made up that haven't happened could possibly happen. PC culture is out of control!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was a good joke. I don't think many people that voted for Hillary care for her and how she's acted since losing except for her weirdo goons like Peter Daou.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rhyno posted:

Can we get a whole album of those Cartman raps because GOD drat was that poo poo good.

I thought that, they probably could make a whole album at this point of just Cartman songs and get people to buy it?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

For me, Cartman & Heidi scenes weren't funny and just a massive bummer because Cartman perfectly captures "whiny bitch blames everything on his girlfriend" and I just derive no joy in watching depictions of Cartman gaslighting an innocent girl to go play with his toys. It's totally old school Cartman but just incredibly unappealing to watch. Cartman bs other assholes is funny because everyone gets what they deserve, Cartman ruining innocent lives is garbage tier TV.

This was easily the worst part of an otherwise very not good episode. Cartman convincing himself he's abused so he can gaslight a girl who actually cares and inflict some loving mental trauma on her is very old school south park and not really in a good way. Premier was way too childish and boring for me, but here's hoping the 2nd one is better (seems to be the consensus).

Last season was very meh in that it went off the rails and got lost. This one ain't off to a stellar start. I can live with week to week madcaps, but they need to be like actually clever.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think they're gradually building up Cartman becoming more and more abusive towards Heidi. I figure it's going to culminate in him doing something Scott Tenorman Must Die-level awful, except worse because Heidi didn't even do something slightly bad to get us on Cartman's side first. If it stays at this "just a generally unpleasant and lovely guy" level of abuse, then yeah, I'm not a big fan of it, but if it manages to escalate enough, I think it has some actual great classic Cartman horribleness potential.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

LividLiquid posted:

And those SJWs, amirite? God, it makes me SO MAD when things I made up that haven't happened could possibly happen. PC culture is out of control!

You obviously didn't see the reviews last season. (Which is fine, I wouldn't encourage it.) No matter how thinly veiled their contempt of Trump was, it was never good enough unless they literally had a character turn to the camera and say "HILLARY CLINTON IS PERFECT, VOTE FOR HER AND NOT TRUMP."

And I mean... they practically DID do that at one point.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Eric! WeDon'tWantYouToDiiiiieeee

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I skipped the first one because I heard it was not good but I thought this one was pretty sharp. I think how they dealt with Trump in this episode was the perfect way to do it, this insane indirect periphery warping our lives and causing us to lose focus. The whole "don't be a President" part at the end was fantastic. I also like that Craig and Tweak are a caring supportive couple without any jokes or caveats. Good episode!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It figures that it takes two boys literally pretending to be in a homosexual relationship for them to make an effort to emotionally support each other and help with their issues. I'm not sure if that's even on purpose, but there's some commentary right there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I think before everyone defends Heidi too much, she did let Kyle have the voice mail of Eric saying he was gonna kill himself. She also willingly went along with all his anti suicide stuff until Eric made it all about himself.

I suspect that Heidi will get the last laugh and own Eric really hard at some point.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't really like this episode because it felt like it was going to end without much conclusion again like last weeks, but then it came together pretty nicely.

I really don't like when they do highly detailed, graphic gore though. It was funny in the earlier days of the show when it looked fake and silly.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What could possibly be wrong with this.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

When I saw that, it sort of burned itself into my head for 5 minutes or so.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
lol look at his stupid teeth

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/911176665803427840

Man they were pretty spot-on with those tweets. Great episode btw.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What could possibly be wrong with this.

Pretty much the only thing that really made me laugh. Well, this and the bumpercars.

Maybe I just hate rap? I didn't get anything out of that, but a lot of goons seem to have loved it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

No it's making fun of Logic. Or I guess, not making fun of it but a good parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLe1dddgZrg

Is this guy for real? People like this stuff? It seems like a self-parody on the face of it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Squashy Nipples posted:

Pretty much the only thing that really made me laugh. Well, this and the bumpercars.

Maybe I just hate rap? I didn't get anything out of that, but a lot of goons seem to have loved it.

That slomo shot was great.

And I don't particularly like rap either, but I though it was funny just by itself without having seen the referenced video (which is itself pretty laughable). That makes it a good parody IMO.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The first Cartman rap was Disney channel kidz bop bullshit, but the second one is funny because while it is much better overall, that's because they lift the rhyme scheme from Eminem almost beat for beat. They literally probably hired a ghostwriter to write a Cartman song in Eminem's style, the style proven again and again to make any white guy anywhere sound confident and tuff.

Like really as a musician, the second rap is dope and made even doper by how lame the first one was.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah the second one was very Eminem, including the music video-style shot of him rapping while in a casket.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The rap was great (and even better in context having seen the Logic song) but would've been funnier if Cartman weren't pinning his intended suicide on the girlfriend he's convinced is abusing him when it's the other way around, if anything. It's Cartman's excessive shittiness showing up again which you're hoping gets paid off in it coming back to bite him.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
the second episode was definitely stronger than the first. based on how the show has used Wendy or Bebe in the past, i doubt that Heidi exists solely to be abused by Cartman, but i have no idea where they're going with that plot thread

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope this season devolves into Cartman killing himself every episode in more and more horrific ways.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-omgE779QM

Pumped.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Holy poo poo! I had no idea this was a thing, but reading youtube comments payed off for once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mf4NsyOUVg

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo! I had no idea this was a thing, but reading youtube comments payed off for once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mf4NsyOUVg

lol I had no idea either. drat they love dunking on Kanye. I wonder if it pisses him off that they do it so well

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Codependent Poster posted:

No it's making fun of Logic. Or I guess, not making fun of it but a good parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLe1dddgZrg

as someone who has actually had suicidal thoughts this is loving clownshoes, like i can't even believe it's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

precision posted:

as someone who has actually had suicidal thoughts this is loving clownshoes, like i can't even believe it's real

Same. This song, and it feels like a good number of anti-suicide stuff, isn't going to reach or improve actually suicidal people. Like it's there to make people who aren't in danger feel better. A bake sale to end world hunger.

edit: But hey, those Youtube comments seem to say otherwise so what do I know. That's where the real national conversation on suicide is happening (with so many people telling each other to kill themselves).

vermin fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 24, 2017

• Locked thread