Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

minus, claim your role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Exmond posted:

I think your one vote away so you could still defend yourself! QPQ said something about how you don't have a definitive read on anyone and haven't said much?

I mean. What more can I say? I've been tunneled since the beginning. Sure I can post a bunch of reads but it's freaking day one. I would look at everyone who voted for me, especially T. rex, SH.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Okay we've got two-ish hours left and b-minus is -1. I'm gonna be here all morning, so I'll throw the hammer down at 7:59 EDT if we get there without changes/a decision -- just so we don't need to worry about rushing to prevent a no-lynch.

What is this garbage? Congrats on being so eager to lynch me.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

FWIW, the thing I am most thinking is exmond

1) TD/CC poster, likely knows who mojo is
2) knows mojo is a huge threat based on that
3) was pushing a joking "hahaha what if we lynched somebody known in CC to be very clever and on-to-it on day 1 haha wouldn't that be crazy" way further than the joke needed

With the Backup6 method isn't there no way I can know what role Mojo is :S?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Backup6

Since Night hasn't occurred I wouldn't have been able to trigger Town Tracker (And even if i did I would be town aligned)

Also The joke was that He was corrupt since he didn't give JonJoe a losing avatar.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Please, God, do not speculate about other people's roles. Do not claim your role unless you are about to be lynched.

b-minus, what are you?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Exmond, if you aren't scum, then you've kind of thrown up a lot of dirt around yourself by making your gimmick in this thread a joke about sebmojo. If that's a strategy, it's not working very well.

b-minus1 posted:

I mean. What more can I say? I've been tunneled since the beginning. Sure I can post a bunch of reads but it's freaking day one. I would look at everyone who voted for me, especially T. rex, SH.

fwiw, I didn't vote for you (yet?), I just mentioned I could be convinced to.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Cool. Well that was a short game. I really don't understand what I did to deserve this.

Well you also never answered my above question about why you suspect Thranguy... so you can still answer that if you're claiming you were genuinely suspicious.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sitting Here posted:

Exmond, if you aren't scum, then you've kind of thrown up a lot of dirt around yourself by making your gimmick in this thread a joke about sebmojo. If that's a strategy, it's not working very well.

I know and I've attempted to back track for a while now. I'll take any suggestions you have

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Not his in-game role, just that he's super well known in this part of the forum and he's known for being really good at poo poo.

b-minus1 posted:

What is this garbage? Congrats on being so eager to lynch me.
QPQ's numbers check out. I'm not 100% sold on you but I also see the arguments.

Exmond posted:

I think if anyone can protect QPQ they should? He seems knowledgeable and I think the town cop can protect?
Regardless of which side you're on, don't post stuff like this -- if you call somebody to protect, the scum are just going to target somebody else.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
First point in my post is re Mojo -- I got ninja'd a bunch.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Not his in-game role, just that he's super well known in this part of the forum and he's known for being really good at poo poo.

I uhh, I only post to Thunderdome and recently. (Well if 3 weeks can be considered recently).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I am vanilla town. If you want to lynch me, fine, but look at everyone who has tunneled me from the very beginning. My mistake was not posting until later into day 1. And now it may cost me the game.

yronic heroism posted:

Well you also never answered my above question about why you suspect Thranguy... so you can still answer that if you're claiming you were genuinely suspicious.

I mean I didn't like his early vote and that he's stayed utr for most of d1, and now he just seems to be waiting for any reason to jump on my or trexs wagon.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Exmond posted:

I uhh, I only post to Thunderdome and recently. (Well if 3 weeks can be considered recently).
Huh, saw the av and assumed it was longer. I just checked the TD archive, and this checks out. I am still suspicious of how far you took that joke but I haven't voted for you yet for a reason -- I think it's suspicious behaviour but not really enough to say anything concrete yet. The doctor call is also a kinda marginal case: it could be a scum play, or it could just be somebody new who doesn't realise you're not meant to do that.

For the sake of transparency, my mafia experience: one GBS game, but my ex is a goon lady who was super into forum games and talked about it sometimes. So most of my "THIS IS HOW GAMES OF FORUM MAFIA WORK" is based on a relationship that ended in 2012 -- I know I talk like an AUTHORITY but I am acutely aware that I might be misremembering or loving things up.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Huh, saw the av and assumed it was longer.

*sobs uncontrollably*

My experience with Mafia is this game. I read parts of the wiki but still don't understand much about the game.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I'm leaning toward b-minus (for the sake of a successful lynch), though curious about thranguy. They've only acknowledged very vague suspicions of each other, while openly trying to cast doubt or sway votes toward others.

I want to tentatively vote b-minus in this round and pay close attention to thrangles in the next (in addition to exmond and trex)

am I the only one seeing that?

e: typo

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 21, 2017

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

my opinion on thranguy right now is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. i need some time to think about him.

if anyone has some real good reads, i would drop them now before someone hammers.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I'm more than vaguely suspicious on B-minus, just not changing my vote because that would end the day prematurely.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah I'll hammer b-minus 1 min before the deadline. We've got less than an hour left -- any last-minute cases, make 'em.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Thranguy posted:

I'm more than vaguely suspicious on B-minus, just not changing my vote because that would end the day prematurely.

I guess I'm holding off my vote for the same reason. So my next question is a newbish one...the obvious benefit to leaving the day open is that it allows for more cases to be made. Are we thinking that someone is gonna make a case compelling enough to sway a sizable number of votes? Is it generally the "done" thing to wait out the day? I guess I can see how rushing to close the day early might be a scummy move since town don't have as much time.

I've been like frantically reading wikis and that helpful pastebin in the OP but there is a lot more to know about this game than I thought.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This is a reminder for all players. Remember what the OP says:

Podima posted:

Standard Mafia Rules:
  • NEVER EVER EVER EDIT YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS!

Double-posting with a "Mafia edit" revision of your previous post is the typically accepted norm on SA, in cases like this. Thank you for understanding!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Podima posted:

This is a reminder for all players. Remember what the OP says:

Double-posting with a "Mafia edit" revision of your previous post is the typically accepted norm on SA, in cases like this. Thank you for understanding!

Hey I changed my vote to B-minus1 but the Vote bot didn't pick it up?

Exmond posted:

##vote b-minus1

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
holy poo poo, idk how I forgot that considering we enforce that rule in TD

mea culpa

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
yeah it did pick it up -- check the OP. That's where the live counter is, and it shows you voting for b-minus.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Exmond posted:

Also The joke was that He was corrupt since he didn't give JonJoe a losing avatar.

oh, thanks for the heads up, fixing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Am I hammered? How disappointing. Gg scum. Go town

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Am I hammered? How disappointing. Gg scum. Go town

You're not hammered yet if I'm counting right.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Nope. I've got a fifth vote cued up if nothing major changes in the next 15 mins but the deadline is definitely closing.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'd drop that silver hammer down upon his head. Bang, bang Muffin's silver hammer to make sure that he is dead.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Would prefer a hammer now to prevent any possible error. No one is going to post a case in the next 3 minutes.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Alrighty, hammertime.

Fingers crossed.

##vote b-minus1

Muffin paces the room, chews his fingernails. He picks a piece of lint from the lapels of his once-fashionable yellow jacket. The ends of his luxurious moustache twitch a little. He takes his vote to the box, and hovers over it for a moment.

"Moment of truth," he mutters to himself.

He casts the vote.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:ohdear:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:redhammer:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:hb: Final Votecount for Day 1 :hb:

b-minus1 (5): Tyrannosaurus, yronic heroism, QuoProQuid, Exmond, SurreptitiousMuffin
Exmond (1): yronic heroism, yronic heroism, sebmojo
Tyrannosaurus (1): Thranguy, QuoProQuid, Exmond, SurreptitiousMuffin, QuoProQuid, Exmond, SurreptitiousMuffin
QuoProQuid (1): Sitting Here, Tyrannosaurus, Tyrannosaurus
Sitting Here (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 9 people still trapped in the library, it took 5 votes to execute someone.

~~~

The attendees gathered around a long table, tension eventually erupting into loud arguments as the twinkling mist swirled past the windows. Eventually, the shouting reached its peak - the majority of those present had focused their ire on one hapless young man. The young lad had been a quiet presence throughout the day, occasionally chiming in here and there. Before things went strange, he had even shared a very rough draft with shaking hands - all assembled agreed that it had potential to be a fine space opera, given enough time to develop the characters and setting. But all that was forgotten, as the trapped group's patience snapped.

Roaring as one, the lynch mob - for that's certainly what it was, make no mistake - chased their target through the library. Chairs were cast aside, and books went flying unheeded, but finally the chase reached its end atop a third-floor balcony. Cold tile gleamed far below, as step by step the mob advanced on their target... until something snapped in him, too. Swearing a vile oath, the quiet lad whirled and flung himself from the balcony! His wild screams swiftly ceased, but their echoes took far longer to die away than anyone liked.

As the crowd rushed forward to see their handiwork... a harsh roar like fingernails on a chalkboard echoed through the library, and foul green mist geysered upwards! Before their eyes, an enraged specter burst forth from the fresh corpse - shaking his fist at the assembled attendees, the ghost whirled up and through the ceiling with nary a parting word. All he left in his wake was a stunned silence.

quote:

Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced. - Leo Tolstoy
:ghost: b-minus1, Leo Tolstoy's Ghost, Scum-Aligned Roleblocker, was banished on Day 1! :ghost:

Thoroughly unsettled, you can barely stand to be around the others right now. By mutual agreement, you all split up to find somewhere to rest for a bit - chairs, couches, even tables will suffice. As you nod off into what is sure to be a fitful slumber, you absently wonder to yourself... hasn't that twinkling mist cleared, just a bit?

Night 1 begins now. You have ~18 hours to get me night actions (before 2 PM EDT tomorrow). The thread will reopen shortly thereafter.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your rest was anything but, as the library creaked and groaned ominously throughout the night. Was it just your paranoia at work, or were the sounds a sign of others moving under the cover of darkness? All you could do was wait and wonder, teetering on the edge between terrified slumber and drowsy dread.

~~~

The bedraggled captives clustered around the sad remains of the buffet from the previous day, scrounging what they could for a morning meal. As they choked down cold coffee and stale pastries, wakefulness reluctantly returned - and with it, the realization that someone was missing. Had they slept in? Strange choice to make. But a quick search dispelled all possible doubt as to their fate.

In the end, all they had to do was follow their noses. The stench led them to a dusty and disused side room of the library. Peering in they could see that it was set up much like a lecture hall, ready for someone to present their finest work. But judging by the massive pile of fresh garbage covering the lectern and anyone who might have been standing behind it, the critical reception was clearly anything but positive...

quote:

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live. - Henry David Thoreau
:rip: sebmojo, Aspiring Poetry Author, Town-Aligned Vanilla, was killed on Night 1! :rip:

Day 2 starts now. Deadline is Sunday 24-SEP at 5:30 PM EDT. I know weekend deadlines can be a bit difficult, but don't let me down!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:hb: Votecount for Day 2 :hb:

Not Voting (7): Exmond, QuoProQuid, Sitting Here, SurreptitiousMuffin, Thranguy, Tyrannosaurus, yronic heroism

With 7 people still trapped in the library, it takes 4 votes to execute someone.
The current deadline is September 24th, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mojo :(

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Podima posted:

:rip: sebmojo, Aspiring Poetry Author, Town-Aligned Vanilla, was killed on Night 1! :rip:

Hey guys I'm busy at work and with the TD prompt but I will try and post later. I'll do a joke post later about how jonjoe's avatar got changed and justice was done but for "REAL PLAY"

poo poo.

So let's not beat around the bush, I'm suspect numero uno. Not only did b-minus1 kind of deflect when someone voted for me but sebmojo died.

I'm very new to this game and I don't know how to mount a defence. Work is getting in the way and ill post later.

I'll point out is that it seems a bit too obvious. I was highly suspected by at least 3 people and with my horrible sebmojo joke it is a nice setup.

Ill post later with more defence but work calls!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
ok so but this is super interesting. I think murdering mojo is probably an attempt by the scum to throw us off someone's correct suspicions. He voted for Exmond, but I think even Exmond wouldn't be that hilariously obvious after getting chided for his jokeposting. Mojo is who I'd kill if I wanted to give the town the least amount of information possible, basically.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Exmond posted:

Hey guys I'm busy at work and with the TD prompt but I will try and post later. I'll do a joke post later about how jonjoe's avatar got changed and justice was done but for "REAL PLAY"

poo poo.

So let's not beat around the bush, I'm suspect numero uno. Not only did b-minus1 kind of deflect when someone voted for me but sebmojo died.

I'm very new to this game and I don't know how to mount a defence. Work is getting in the way and ill post later.

I'll point out is that it seems a bit too obvious. I was highly suspected by at least 3 people and with my horrible sebmojo joke it is a nice setup.

Ill post later with more defence but work calls!

either you're legit or this is some amazingly good acting. Like, invoke suspicion so hard you circle around to not being suspicious.

But naw, I think this is someone trying to throw us off.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

tbqh, i assumed seb was scum after yesterday's flip.

did not think exmond was scum, but his latest posts don't make me feel great.

idk. need to reread.

need to hear more from thran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

QuoProQuid posted:

tbqh, i assumed seb was scum after yesterday's flip.

did not think exmond was scum, but his latest posts don't make me feel great.

idk. need to reread.

need to hear more from thran

What can I do to give you the most information? Not defence but the most information.

• Locked thread