Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Snowman_McK posted:

Bronn's the best. The show needs more Bronn. He's an example of the balance and ambiguity that the show seems to aim for but rarely hit. He's not a good guy or a bad guy. He's just an opportunist, and is completely consistent.

Except now he's a hero who for nothing decided to tried take on a dragon, and selflessly save his idiot friend. He's a good character when he's talking but he's stopped picking his battles like he used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's still self interest in a way. If Jaime gets roasted by a dragon he doesn't get his castle.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope the multiple endings are Butterfly-Effect timelines as Bran keeps trying to go back in time and fix things only to screw them up some more.

The conclusion is screw you, Walder Frey's on the Iron Throne and nothing you watched over the last six years actually happen.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Different characters in scenes, but everyone will be Arya wearing faces and Bran warging dudes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Things that were, things that are, and some things that have not yet come to pass.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Zenithe posted:

Different characters in scenes, but everyone will be Arya wearing faces and Bran warging dudes.

lmao show the same ending over and over except different characters "pull off the masks" revealing them as arya/bran and go "nope, still sucked this time"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lmao show the same ending over and over except different characters "pull off the masks" revealing them as arya/bran and go "nope, still sucked this time"

So the bad endings from Radiant Historia?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

So the bad endings from Radiant Historia?
I've never heard of that...I just like the thought of arya and bran brainstorming like "Okay this time I'll try being the bad pussy sand snake and you're varys." "No way, being that guy sucks, I wanna be bronn again."

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Zenithe posted:

Except now he's a hero who for nothing decided to tried take on a dragon, and selflessly save his employer/employer's brother.

If you want to argue that's a change of character, so was fighting Vader Egress in the first season. He looks after his employer and follows the money, just as he always does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've never heard of that...I just like the thought of arya and bran brainstorming like "Okay this time I'll try being the bad pussy sand snake and you're varys." "No way, being that guy sucks, I wanna be bronn again."

it's a pretty neat time traveling rpg for nintendo DS (there's a rerelease with more stuff on 3DS next year) and basically every time you think outside the box to do something on a major decision point, you get an ending where it says "poo poo went bad, ya hosed up, try again"

it's a good game with a protagonist who is actually competent at their job.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Snowman_McK posted:

If you want to argue that's a change of character, so was fighting Vader Egress in the first season. He looks after his employer and follows the money, just as he always does.
Really, if Jaime dies, he gets nothing, because Cersei won't give him poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Is it really such a hard ask to assume that after four years of paling around with Jaime that Bronn also just might like him as a person and not want him to die a horrible burning death if he could help it? It's not like that one little bit cancels out his "I don't give a poo poo about any of these other nobodies around me" and "pay me, you cheap fucker" qualities or anything...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 20, 2017

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Bringing this back from the past to honor George.

GRRM Takes A Bath

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

GRRM stared naked at the screen of the late eighties television waiting for the football game to begin. By his count, it should only be another couple of hours. A fly, attracted by the pungent stench of his pallid flesh awash with impetigo, had the effrontery to buzz near his ear. As he lifted his arm to swat it away, he felt the crust of his arm rasp against the scalyness of his rotten breast, making a sound akin to rubbing two extra well done waffles against each other. He grunted. “Paris,” he rasped out with a voice long gone to rust in the dark, “Paris, I am in need of a washing, have you wrangled a new batch yet?” Parris walked into the dimly lit room with a freshly baked lemon cake on a small surprisingly clean china plate. “Yes, I’ll get them ready, but first eat this. I just baked it, and you look ravenous”. She placed the surprisingly clean china plate atop the mound of fat that had once been a torso, just within reach of his slavering mouth. He looked at it with small eyes as hard and black as jet, with the dim light of the bare bulb across the room shining off them. He contorted his face into a porcine sneer of inhuman greed and malice. “Yes, I am getting rather peckish. But do hurry. I shan’t take long and it is well past time for a bath”. He felt himself stiffen at the thought. Parris saw his vicious little nub and gave the girlish laugh of a geisha as he buried his face into the lemon cake on the surprisingly clean china plate.

Before he knew it, his teeth hit china and he was done. He looked up in confusion as to where his feast had gone, but just as he was about to bellow in rage, he heard his bath outside the door, and the thought of what was to come next set his strained heart aflutter in anticipation. Parris lead the little children, none of them older than eleven, into the room and paraded them before her god, in chains not of metal, but of degradation. Their little bodies were thin as sticks tied together with twine, all their vitality leeched off during the long weeks of their starvation. It left little differentiation between the sexes, but that was a sacrifice he always found willing to make once he saw their eyes so full of pain and despair, and so devoid of hope. They were the eyes of 90 year old slave, or of a child born into a depression that had never ended. It comforted him. It aroused them. Besides, if he was going to have his bath, they would have to be Hungry.

It would have been easier if Parris was allowed to tell them what was expected before they met their task, but GRRM liked to watch the horror on their faces when the task assigned to them was made clear in their minds. Parris addressed them. “I have brought you up from your home so that you can eat. After so long, this will be quite the little feast. My love is a quite the messy eater, and oh how he loathes showers. As a result, he can get rather…dirty. It may not look like much, but there is enough food on him to let you live awhile longer. Give you some strength. A few of you might yet survive.” She pulled the shrieking door behind her, and locked it. The children whimpered, and the children cried. They babbled, and screamed, and shook their heads, but eventually, eventually they broke, just like all the little children before them. As the first began to suckle upon his engorged stomach, he was slapped in the face with a roll of fat as the GRRM shuddered. It was all an orgy of madness from there. He felt divine ecstasy as he felt all their little mouths suckling on his flesh. He shuddered as they licked between his many breasts and sighed when they reached his dark hairy nipples. He felt lightning go through him as his thick fluids rushed through his penis to be expelled to the hungry mouths of the starving. Though it was sour and yellow as bile, they ate for what else could they do in their new realm of depraved hell. After all, it was hardly any worse than the deep dish Chicago pizza plastered onto his chocolate brown ballsack, and it was definitely a better fate than what had been bestowed upon the weakest and most sickly of them. A nine year old former street urchin with leukemia, too week to fight back, was given first the armpits. Once done there, the rest forced him between the legs of the great GRRM, and between the great pimpled cheeks of his enormous rump. The sounds and vibrations of his muffled screams gave great pleasure to the GRRM and he once again anointed his handmaidens with his holy oil. When the others realized what they had done to poor Timmy, and that he would never recover, they killed him to spare him further pain, even though they knew that one of them would have to take his place next time. They couldn’t put any person through such a hell more than once. They just couldn’t.
…………………………………
The game had just ended, and the GRRM was eager to go to his blog and write about the performance that had been put on for his pleasure, and how it had displeased him, when Parris walked in. She took one look at the now soiled china plate, with its few crumbs and her face lit up. “My dear, I’ve had quite the surprise brewing for you, and this,” she said picking up the crumbs, “is the last thing that I need.” The GRRM, always eager to be lavished, allowed himself to be blind-folded and wheeled to his surprise. When the blind-fold was lifted, he was greeted to the sight of a large pit covered over with a tarp. “I’ve been collecting them” sad Parris. She ripped the tarp off and he soiled himself in joy. The pit, more than large enough accommodate his girth, was filled with the accumulated crumbs of all the lemon cakes he had eaten for the past several months. She tipped him in, and he fell into heaven. He giggled as the sticky crumbs forced their way between the oily hairs of his beard. The scratchy little things found their way well between every roll of fat and into every nook and crevice, causing him to experience orgasm after orgasm, with the steady flow of ejaculate mixing with the crumbs and creating a sort of heavenly paste, only adding to the heady sensations enveloping his body. The added sensation as crumbs filled up his belly button and wormed their way inside of his anus pushed him over the edge, and the had an orgasm so powerful that he both vomited and poo poo himself. He continued to wallow in the mess for the rest of the night until the constant loss of what passed for semen pushed him to the edge of dehydration. As Parris pulled him out of his Pleasure Pit, he said in a voice sickly sweet and infinitely evil “I think I’m ready for another bath”.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 27, 2019

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

dyehead posted:

Holyshit :psyboom:

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was unable to finish reading that story. Congratulations are in order, I suppose.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

some guy on the bus posted:

Happy birthday George RR Martin! Congrats to reaching the sex age!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought he was still mid sixties.
There's literally no chance he finishes these poo poo books lmao

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I thought he was still mid sixties.
There's literally no chance he finishes these poo poo books lmao

They're already finished and he will release all three (yes three!) one month before the last season of GoT airs to steal it's thunder. The man is a genius. He long conned us all from the start. And the beauty of this fantasy, we will be able to spoil the show watchers one last time before the series drifts into the ether. Time is a flat circle.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Time is a flat circle.

Your mom's a fat circle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cavelcade posted:

Your mom's a fat circle.

No you!:mad:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

When you hit many of the bad endings in that game two of the NPCs have a conversation that basically boils down to "ok well that didn't work, so let's try something else."

Lycus posted:

Really, if Jaime dies, he gets nothing, because Cersei won't give him poo poo.

If Jaime dies Cersei will give Bronn an extremely gruesome death because she'll not only blame him for it but she'll also believe he's been working for Tyrion all this time and murdered Jaime at Tyrion's behest.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Snowman_McK posted:

I still feel this was a more calculated decision. Tyrion had been watching him after he was hired by Cat, and knew that Bronn was an extremely talented fighter, morally flexible, and willing to swap sides. Bronn fought the knight because he knows he can kill them. Bronn refused to fight Gregor despite Tyrion offering a blank cheque because he could have died and pissed off the queen.

I just can't picture Bronn doing anything except immediately bailing when faced with a dragon.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I figure Bronn agreed to the fight against Vander Egads only after realizing he wasn't going to get the scale of reward he was hoping for from either of the Tully sisters

Lysa wasn't gonna give him anything, because she was a crazy paranoiac who expected people to bow and scrape as a matter of course

Cat was gonna give him maybe a pittance, because she was super invested in The System and believed the men helping her should be willing to do so out of a sense of feudal obligation (which, I suppose, is another way of saying she was a non-crazy, non-paranoiac who expected people to bow and scrape as a matter of course). Also because she probably did not have all that much money on her by that point.

so bronn saw the opportunity for a large reward from Tyrion, and simultaneously probably felt a bit slighted by the people he'd been working for up to that point.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 21, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He also could have just completed the job and gotten paid. Afterwards it's not like he had any loyalty to the Tullys and couldn't take another job while hanging out. It's not like you can just wander out of that castle anytime you please. Getting out's a bitch and you don't want to travel alone because of the hill tribes.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Zenithe posted:

I still feel this was a more calculated decision. Tyrion had been watching him after he was hired by Cat, and knew that Bronn was an extremely talented fighter, morally flexible, and willing to swap sides. Bronn fought the knight because he knows he can kill them. Bronn refused to fight Gregor despite Tyrion offering a blank cheque because he could have died and pissed off the queen.

I just can't picture Bronn doing anything except immediately bailing when faced with a dragon.

Bailing and immediately being run down by either the dragon or swarms of Dothraki. And even if he escapes, I can't imagine Cersei would have been too happy that he let her brother/lover die. She also doesn't strike me as the sort who'd be troubled by whether it was actually Bronn's fault.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Maybe Bronn just wanted to get rid of the dragon so he wouldn't get burned to death by the dragon.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Tyrion gave Bronn that speech about how he'll be lavished with riches but only so long as he can keep Tyrion alive, and how if anyone offers to pay Bronn to betray him, he'll double it. I assume, in Bronn's mind at least, he has a similar arrangement with Jaime. Besides, it's just good business sense to try to keep your employer, who still owes you money, alive. That hardly makes Bronn some kind of saint.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
The one little thing that bothers me in Bronn's scenes is, when he starts to spar with Jamie, he fights dirty, which is revelatory to Jamie. The thing is, everytime we've seen Jamie fight in the series, he's fought dirty. He kills Ned's mate by pulling a knife in the middle of a sword fight (a nice breaking of the traditional 'crossed swords' pose) he kills a few people through the second season by strangling them when their guards are down and he famously stabbed the mad king through the back. Then, to get a joke, Bronn reveals the secret of 'fighting dirty' to a man who consistently fights dirty.

It struck me like they wanted to have Jamie be a charming psychopath, but also get the gag of a guy 'from the streets' able to kick his rear end.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

The one little thing that bothers me in Bronn's scenes is, when he starts to spar with Jamie, he fights dirty, which is revelatory to Jamie. The thing is, everytime we've seen Jamie fight in the series, he's fought dirty. He kills Ned's mate by pulling a knife in the middle of a sword fight (a nice breaking of the traditional 'crossed swords' pose) he kills a few people through the second season by strangling them when their guards are down and he famously stabbed the mad king through the back. Then, to get a joke, Bronn reveals the secret of 'fighting dirty' to a man who consistently fights dirty.

It struck me like they wanted to have Jamie be a charming psychopath, but also get the gag of a guy 'from the streets' able to kick his rear end.

The writers forget the things they wrote about earlier in the show all the time. They're really lazy and bad. Now that they've killed off a lot of the stronger actors and can't rely on the Yellow Whale's writing it's becoming more and more evident.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i'm mostly mad that my attempt to brand jon's wight-hunting supersquad as Leal Team Six didn't catch on :colbert:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Ginette Reno posted:

The writers forget the things they wrote about earlier in the show all the time.

Sam knew. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UVsflLxbro

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I'm barely following the show at this point, and I thought that got revealed ages ago. I thought it was pretty clear in the first scene in Dragonstone.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sam going to Oldtown to learn something he already knew and another thing Bran should have already figured out is the most glorious bit of "writers have no loving clue where they're taking any of this poo poo" in recent memory.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah they neglected to include the one maester who was going to do something....you know, in the next book

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
The irony of the show getting worse at this point is deep. Someone here, I think, described that a huge chunk of any fantasy series is most of the vast cast just sticking in a holding pattern, having small adventures or learning lessons until they circle back to the main plot, then everything starts happening, converging, convincing you through stockholm syndrome that it was all worth it. That waiting pattern comprises, like 6 books of the Wheel of Time, and has a tendency to kill my interest in most series'. The irony is, that's the bit that the series did well, wheel spinning. All the little adventures people had, that seemed super important and then were forgotten were great. It wasn't even clear what the main plot was. Now stuff actually has to happen, they're loving everything up.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 28, 2017

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Wow. That really resonates with me since I just finished Wizard and Glass and am debating giving up and reading all the Dark Tower spoilers just to get this interminable series over with. I don't know if can handle four more books worth of this.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Dangerllama posted:

Wow. That really resonates with me since I just finished Wizard and Glass and am debating giving up and reading all the Dark Tower spoilers just to get this interminable series over with. I don't know if can handle four more books worth of this.

Wizard and Glass is the last good book in the series btw.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
The funny thing is that GRRM derailed his entire series in order to detail Dany 'learning to rule' in Mereen, only to eventually have her abandon Mereen, invade Westeros and die in childbirth without ever ruling or accomplishing anything.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TommyGun85 posted:

The funny thing is that GRRM derailed his entire series in order to detail Dany 'learning to rule' in Mereen, only to eventually have her abandon Mereen, invade Westeros and die in childbirth without ever ruling or accomplishing anything.

She accomplished plenty! She left much of Essos smoking ruins, leaving shitfucked hellholes so hosed that former slaves long for the days when they were slaves simply because the status quo then was preferable to the utter anarchy Dany left behind her.

EDIT: She also brought Dothraki to Westeros. I am sure that the Dothraki shall remain loyal to her successor and will in no way cause massive turmoil and chaos in Westeros the moment Dany dies. I mean, it's not like they only owe their 'loyalty' to her as a charismatic leader who slew their prior leaders, and that the moment she dies any and all bonds of loyalty to the crown of Westeros they have are dissolved, leaving them free to plunder, pillage, and rape as they have for centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

She accomplished plenty! She left much of Essos smoking ruins, leaving shitfucked hellholes so hosed that former slaves long for the days when they were slaves simply because the status quo then was preferable to the utter anarchy Dany left behind her.

EDIT: She also brought Dothraki to Westeros. I am sure that the Dothraki shall remain loyal to her successor and will in no way cause massive turmoil and chaos in Westeros the moment Dany dies. I mean, it's not like they only owe their 'loyalty' to her as a charismatic leader who slew their prior leaders, and that the moment she dies any and all bonds of loyalty to the crown of Westeros they have are dissolved, leaving them free to plunder, pillage, and rape as they have for centuries.

Eh. It's not like fifty dudes on horses can do anything by themselves.