Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Hmm, it would be interesting if car world and J win...

NEW POLL LAST PAGE

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A
F
G
J
K

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Xarbala posted:

To kick things off, here's my Phase 2 vote:

1. B Minor God(dess)
2. E Gentle Manner
3. G Fantasy World, no stats (this may make getting a gauge on power level difficult)
4. I Car Powers in a Car World

Unpimp ze auto

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Nyaa posted:

1A) Afterlife Registry Worker.

Nyaa posted:

2F) Succinctly Matter-of-Fact-y Business-like interaction.

Nyaa posted:

3H) Revive into a fantasy world. A stat menu with numbered stats and skill progression. Using skill will have a [ ] to it. Other people can't see any of this.

Nyaa posted:

4I) Car Power as mentioned by Xarbala. The minor God is not powerful enough to help you summon the biggest magic truck, so you will have work out alternative power source in the new world.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If it's still a close split by tommorow, i will merge them with car world as the base and highest votes as the new world factors.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Fast and Furious: Chariot Drift

Also, my vote for world type is Fantasy world with stat menus, but only for vehicles and vehicle accessories, not people. If we do get stats on people, rather than HP/MP it's things like win/loss ratio, average lap times etc. The sort of data you could get by analyising races. Rather than a 'game mechanic' it could be accessing a magical archive maintained by the all-powerful Order of the Chequered Flag who see it as their sacred duty to be impartial judges of races.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oops, forgot to post in the recruitment thread. Maybe i will extend the deadline by a day unless clear consensus.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Note, with certain practical limitations on car summoning, things have the potential to get a bit.... weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0seCNxRUmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkmQffNYjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgpfYBMqURw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdBcYN3sNw

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

AFHJN

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm happy with playing car world as long as we have a giant flaming chicken airbrushed onto the bonnet/tattooed on our chest and never wear a shirt.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

I'm happy with playing car world as long as we have a giant flaming chicken airbrushed onto the bonnet/tattooed on our chest and never wear a shirt.

Chicken: Seconded.

Torso: I think she might appreciate still having a torso after, just, all of the Top Gear.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think we've found our racing team's heroic quest's first sponsor: Chicken.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Perfect split again. That is good enough for me! It’s time to mix things up! WITH A NEW PRELUDE!

----------------------------------------------------------

The crowd screams out of their lung for the intense moment of impact.

*THUUUUUUUUMP*

Follows by cheering of joy as my Peterblit 386 Sleeper Cab style commercial 6x4 tractor unit land with all its weight safely from its brief airborne stunt.

That scare the poo poo out of me.

“Roof!” My dog who is tied to the passenger seat woof with excitement. That drat therapeutic dog sure is not doing its job of calming me down. He is enjoying this more than me… and braver.

*THUUUUUUUUMP*

Another cheers landed from behind follows by cheers from the audience. The Unimog U1400 4x4 heavily modified truck speed up to catches up with me.

*THRUUUUUUMMMMMMP*

Ah, that’s the sound of his goddamn thruster ripped from an aircraft. That should be illegal, but the Track Racing Board doesn’t care. The more excited the audience, the more rating and money. Yes, money is what I needed when I signed up for this race. I knew it is too good to be true for one race to worth so much money even for the loser. That agent said it will be ‘casual’ and ‘chill’. You only need truck driving experience, he said. Sign this death contract, it’s just a procedure, he said. He got the chill part right. The windblast from a truck going 150 mph (241 km/h) is insane! I did the rookie mistake of leaving it open at the beginning and get a face full of wind massage!

The other truck already catches up to me. I can only imagine how much faster it is now. By the law of physic, the higher the speed of the vehicle A, the more speed or time require for the faster vehicle B to chase up to it. That truck caught up to me in a few seconds.

Yep, it’s him. Dick Bastardly, my business rival. He compete with me for cross-state delivery work with the online bidding system. We had a small argument in the past, which he since has tries to low bid me for very little earning, sabotage my online rating, and recently, handed me kindly a business card for this truck racing. He said he wanted me out of his business but trying out a better paying one. I should have known.

Mocking me in the side window, he dress exactly like a villain from some cartoon show just to mock me! His real w-shape mustaches compliment it perfectly! Not only that, he knew I have a dog to accompany in my normal job, and he brought a CHICKEN along to make fun of me! Look, he just pick that fat fowl up to make kissy kissy face at me! Do he not care about the road in fron-

Why is there a little over there on the raceway?

*Audience gasp*

Did my mind finally lost it? Because the audience area have tall fence that would take an Olympic climber to hop over before the security can catch him. Th- Oh poo poo, she came out of the employee entrance! Who brought their girl here and let her wonder around!?

Frantically, I gestures at Dick to look at the road straight ahead.

“Woof?” The therapeutic dog that supposed to understand sign language did look at where I am pointing, and wala, he starts barking non-stop at me to make it even harder for me to both drive at 150 miles per hour and gestures at my rival!

He seem excited to get a respond from at me and started to do the spin chicken body and its head doesn’t move meme.

I… I want to punch him so much.

He did took a peek during that to check on the road, and obviously, he is shocked by the girl on his path. He hits the break hard. Same for me, but his speed is even greater than mine and rockets is still blasting! The dog won’t stop barking! His truck won’t stop in time!

At the moment of chaos and confusion, I let my instinct takes over. For I am an average joe, not smart enough for quick thinking, but my the genetic instinct of my ancestor will decides.

Fight or Flight? Dog or Chicken?

Apparently my caveman ancestor are brave warriors, because the combined thoughts of emotion that form in my mind is: I want to punch Dick with my truck. To cockblock that Dick.

So I slam on the gas pedal. The engine begins to roar louder than the dog. The tire complains screechingly at the break and sudden acceleration. This truck is going MAX SPEED PASS THE SAFE ZONE! I would yell something like “FOR SPARTA” if I am a warrior, and speaking of that, I really, really could use an indestructible armor now as I spin my wheel a full 180 to hard slam at Dick’s truck.

It’s but a short moment chaotic flip and momentum forces pushing my body all over the place. I can feel strange shaped object punctures through my normal human body like a knife on a cake, and my limbs bend into unnatural angles. Thankfully, all that happened too fast for my pain receptor to tell my brain that I am royally screwed like those curse doll filled with needles before everything turns white.

Thank god I don’t need to go through that pain.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 21, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
/play 'Jessica'

In tonight's show: this dog rips the head off a chicken; we cockblock this Dick; and just how built is a PeterBilt?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What the hell did I just read?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Magic.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I sat in a lobby. I knew I am, because this is what I see after the light fade back to colors. It is a wide lobby that with two doors at each opposite ends from left to right. Waiting chairs fills the room with a receptionist at the desk writing and flipping paper.

My puzzled mind ponder at this place and the ‘dream’ I had before. Is it a dream? The truck driving and crashing? It felt so real and can’t be something I dreamt up while asleep at the lobby. What am I even waiting for? In fact, why is there a chicken on the seat next to me?

*DING* “Next.” The receptionist press the bell and the chicken hop on the desk to meet with that person.

What.

The kind worded, but succinctly matter-of-factly business-like receptionist seems to understand what the chicken is kokoko-ing, and responding with answers like “Yes, Mr. Outrail, you are at the Afterlife Central.”

Afterlife? Dead? This is the afterlife? I am dead?

“Yes, Mr. Outrail. You are dead and will be send to reborn in a new world as...” The receptionist pause to look at a sheet. “As a flaming chicken who will be granted a boon from the Minor God Mim Mi- My apologize. It was her Major God brother, Min Max.”

The chicken nod with a bow, and then hops down towards the right door. It glared at me for a second before leaving. I guess I am responsible for its death. Hopefully I won’t need to pay it back in the next life.

The chicken will remember this

*Ding*

“Next.” The receptionist called. I looked around to see if it’s anyone else that is too small to see. “You are the last.” He informed me. That answered my question succinctly.

“Am I… Dead?” I asked him after walked to the desk.

He gave me a plain smile with a slow “Yes.” Like he have some deep emotion about saying something that he had said for billions of times.

Since I already know this is the afterlife, I probably should not bombard him with question. “Give me the short explanation of everything.” He nods with a genuine smile like he appreciate the gesture.

“You are dead. Now you can live again in another world for your deed of saving the girl. Go to the left door.” He replied with very short answers. I wanted some more emotional comforted, but that kind smile will have to do. Still…

“Am I going to see god?” I asked because the chicken was told to meet some god.

“No.” The receptionist said.

“No?” I ask.

“No.” He replied again.

I stares at the left door. The door that is godless. I turn back and ask, “Is that door… To hell?”

“No.” He repeated.

I waited for more explanation, but it seem to have a hint of kindness annoyance on his expression. Am I hallucinating that? Or rather, am I hallucinating all these? More importantly…

“What about my Dog and Dick?” I asked.

He fumbles the paper around and found their papers. “They passed on.” He read from the data before putting it back to the tray.

The was a mere pause in my mind of the implication of that answer. “To the right door?” I asked for clarification.

“Yes.” He replies with one finger raised. “One last question, sir.”

They are counting answers!? I deserve to know everything! Well, he did told me all in summary… I can only take another pause before coming up with a better question. “What’s the different between left and right door.”

“No god.” He answered succinctly to my raising anger.

“What do you mean no god!? Am I not deserving of their grace!? How did a chicken have more karma than me!? I just saved a girl!” I rambling on and on, desperate for getting send to the obviously better door.

He push a button on the desk and lean close to speaks to it, “Security.”

drat, dammit! How did it turn out like this!? I am just a regular guy living normally with nothing really good or bad going on! I-

A big buffed muscular half-naked angel with giant pairs of wings hanging on his back arrived from the right door. His face is covered with a cloud blue helmet, and his body is massive like those weightlifters you see on TV competition, except this one didn’t skip leg day.

I unconsciously took a few steps back as the holy hulk of divine security approaches. Why me, I thought. What did I do wrong? Maybe I should had asked this question, but it is too late now as the security guard lift me up from my cloth and toss me through the wooden with MAXIMUM VELOCITY and I SMASH through to begins my awful fall down from the sky.

Panic and futile attempt of my limbs flinging desperately to get some sort from balance from this fall fuels my adrenaline for the next two minutes. I am still falling, and the approaching landscape only makes it even scarier. There’s a lot of forest, some town and city, natural volcano and other landmarks on this far extending land. That’s all I can recall before fainting from the G-force.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 21, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

What the hell did I just read?
Its the opening sequence to 'Top Gear', I can't post a link right now, however you can YouTube it, there's a million of them.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
gently caress yes, Outrail wins on the first post!

Unless 'reborn as flaming chicken' means 'eternal Nandos grill'.

E: "What about my Dog and Dick?” Priorities.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 21, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Outrail posted:

gently caress yes, Outrail wins on the first post!

Hmmm~~~ Min Max the flavor. :chef:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

Well, do you think it meant? You're a chicken, odds are you won't be some little farm girls pet. Even if you were, farm dad would soon teach her the 'circle of life'.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
So, we'd better develop an immunity to fall damage... or make friends with a cloud... or wake up and summon a hang glider?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Voting begin next update in an hour or two.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh my, MC is an ordinary guy! Kimmi lives another day, but misses out on the adventure I suppose.

And now we're... Hot Wings.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, MC -was- an ordinary guy. Who knows now? We might be an ordinary girl, an extraordinary third-gender-because-this-setting-has-elves-with-three-genders, a magic talisman that possesses any vehicle it is placed on...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

When I finally woke up. I am hanging on a tree with a sore back and almost dislocated joints. That’s what I thought before a status screen pops up with a basic graph drawing of me with my back and top half of the left shoulder blinking read. “HP 2/10” display on the top right side of the body graph.

What the hell is this!?I mean, I know what this is, but why? My annoyed wiggling is enough for me to fell out of the tree branches at an awkward position and butt straight into the ground. Ouch.

I noticed pretty quickly with the graph that remind in front of my face showing “1/10 HP”. What do you call this? A medical biograph? I tap my finger on the red blinking back and a sub display box pop up to list: Muscle Strains, bruises, Minor cuts (bleeding stopped),stressed spine, blunt trauma, Upper back pain.

Thanks, bio chart, you just confirmed my back is hurting like hell.

I pressed the familiar X button on the top right and the pop up closes itself. Just like a computer application. Am inside a Virtual Reality of some game? Would my back hurt like hell from a game?

I lay down on my back, hurt myself more from the poor decision, and flip over to rest on my belly. Now, I need to sort this all out.

I was a racer in a truck racing event, crashed into my rival to save a girl, went to heaven and the registry there told me to reborn in this new world… As a reward for saving the girl…

I got nothing to add to that. Again, I am not a smart person who can decides things immediately. Sometimes I just need to let my mind fight over choices to determine the next move. A cruel way to describe my thinking over the options, but I feels that sometime it’s more instinct that will break those conflicting ties. Human mind is complicated. Life is complicated. For now, I should start from thinking the basic stuff.

Just as I thought of that, another menu pops up. It’s titled “Status” - Looks like a numerical summary of my overall person.

1) My real name is display first on the display with an edit button.
A) Keep my name. (Write-in)
B) Maybe I should change it to my alias like HOT WING. (Write-in)
C) Considering this is a new world with my new life… New name? (Write-in)

2) Next is some kind of single word attribute of me.
A) Actually, there's no such thing.
B) The western classical six stats of Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and Charisma
C) Three stats system of Mind, Body, Spirit
D) The eastern system of Strength, Agility, Vitality, intelligence, dexterity, and Luck
E) The SPEED system of Strength, Perception, Endurance, Expressiveness, Determination
F) The SLOW system of Spirit, Logic, Observant, and Wise
G) Write-in

3) Next I saw a Trait tab near the side bar, which raised my curiosity to find out more about myself. A new menu pops up...
A) Wait, there isn't a trait tab or anything silly like a skill or magic tab.
B) There's only one entry about my trait... (No-write-in)
C) Write-in

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

While Outrail's adventure began before the MC's, we should still honor his sponsorship by keeping the name of our racing team "Hot Wings."

That said, I'm going to vote again for some take on my original proposal.

1. A. Kimmi/Kimmy Asikainen. Kimi is actually a Finnish boy's name and Kimmi/Kimmy is just a feminine play on that.
2. E. SPEEED
3. B. I changed my mind, if we're going to have a stat screen, may as well have all the info, if this represents CAR MAGIC like I'm assuming.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Nyaa posted:

1) My real name is.

Clarkson.

Nyaa posted:

2B) The western classical six stats of Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and Charisma

Nyaa posted:

3C) Write-in

The tab is labelled 'Challenges', and offers a listing of achievements along with the associated bonuses should you complete said achievement.

CourValant fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 22, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Regardless of what attributes system you pick, it will work using the homebrew mechanic that will be adjusted to it.

Edit: the choice does have some effect on the hero's Average guy's progression.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 22, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vote remind open

---------------------

I noticed a tab named 'Challenge' under the trait tab. A foreboding word that I would prefer not to have anything to do it.

As for the trait screen that I opened up. There's only one entry titled 'Bad Luck'.

I was shocked at first, but then realize this is true for my whole life. Nothing but bad luck. I was debating where to read the description before the grass some distance in front of me rattled. I closed the screen, pondering if it's a rabbit I can catch for lunch. Not that I could handle any athletic task with my current condition. Crawling around is all I can do without agitating the injuries.

Instead, a spider the size of my torso crawl out from its camouflage with the shadows. 'Bad Luck' is the word that immediately come to mind. The spider is approaching cautiously into the open field. It must be very hungry to went out of its territory, and I would be out of my mind if I don't run. Except, I can't. When I tries to push myself up, my shoulder and upper back scream in pain. I could force myself through the pain, but I don't think I would be able to recover for at least a week. Moreover, having one hit point left is not really reassuring. Thankfully, the spider is slow and far enough for me to not overly panic. I mean, I am panicking and sweating like crazy, but I had transported a large spider (Not poisonous) from some tropical rainforest in my delivery job before. The pay is good and my rival took all the other good one... I am pretty sure he leave this one job to torment me. At first, it's kinda scary with its appearance and creepy crawling, but they are not really hostile and rather stay away from anyone and quietly made their webs.

The giant spider in front of me, however, is different. Half its torso opens ninety degree up like an open chest, but revealing a bunch of teeth.

That's where I turn myself around and crawl the gently caress away. I can't heard it's footstep, but the rustle on the glass give a good indication that the monstrous spider is giving chase to its fleeing pray with a faster crawling speed. I want to get up, but it hurts again and that slow me down for a moment. I can only double up my crawling speed with some pain from my back. Please, someone save me! I think I am keeping pace with its creeping, but I won't be able to crawl forever!

I should crawl towards...
A) A shelter like a cave
B) Crawl to a tree and crawl-climb up?
C) Scream for help
D) Keep crawl straight until something better shows up.
E) The spider. I give up this new life.
F) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 23, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Am I too late to cast a vote for "HOT WING"?

2 C, but they're called Strength, Smarts and Soul

Nyaa posted:

I should crawl towards...
A) A shelter like a cave
B) Crawl to a tree and crawl-climb up?
C) Scream for help
D) Keep crawl straight until something better shows up.
E) The spider. I give up this new life.
F) Write-in

F: Diplomacy! Make friends with spider.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

super sweet best pal posted:

Am I too late to cast a vote for "HOT WING"?

Never too late until written out loud in update!

Or when we register our adventurer ID.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Which attributes from your suggestion would you use for this? Smart? Soul? Depends? Combination?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

"Stop that. I'm not food. Now, would you be so kind as to tell me where I am?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Attribute and Name vote still open. Might close this game if interest remind low.

-----------------------------------------

My energy is near its limit. There’s no way I can keep pace at it for long especially with this 1 HP with various back and shoulder injuries. In my desperate attempt of pure madness, I turned my body around to face the monstrosity.

“Hi, Spider friend. I am not food. Would you kindly tell me where I am? Beside thi-“. My Speech of Friendship is interrupt by the ‘jaw’ of the spider scooping me up with its teeth and flipping me into it with lots of effort. I did try to struggle, but it was in vain with my body condition and all I could do is preventing myself from getting stabbed by the teeth. The sharp pain on my back is ease somewhat by the soft flash of the spider, as creepy as it sound; my bad luck makes sure the spider’s mouth have saliva. One thing that worked out for me, however, is the top half the mouth is very light and my arm can push it back with some effort, it would seem its mouth was not designed to consume things that is larger than a pig.

Several wrestling of strength with the spider later, the top of the mouth flaps backward 90 degree. Taking advantage of the (literal) opening, I extends my leg to lay on the top to put some weight on it. Hoping the great strength of the leg can push it back if it fold back in again.

The top half didn’t fold back. The spider tries to moves around wildly, but my weight prevented its swift movement or climbing. After a while, it seems to have given up and stood still. Crawling out of the mouth doesn’t seem like a good option, and laying still is all I can do to keep myself from being consumed. This surprisingly worked out better than I thought, beside the idea of trying to talk to it.

For now…
A) Sleep. I hope nothing else would disturb us and the spider might starve to death.
B) Punch it to death from inside out.
C) Check and review the menu first.
D) Try to make the spider move with tactile communication.
E) Write-in

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

D

We're an excellent driver, let's have this thing take us to civilization.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Nyaa posted:

Attribute and Name vote still open. Might close this game if interest remind low.

Awww man, c'mon people, come back and play!!!

D

+1

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D

hah

Yeah aight let's do this.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Laying still and sleeping exposed on top of a monster’s mouth is not that great of an idea. I should get myself to safety, but my condition would prevent me from traveling safely. The only logical madness I can do next is pop the interior of the mouth a bit to agitate the spider to move me.

I immediately regretted flipping myself over and got my front end soaked with saliva. I hope it will take me to a river, but first, I have to figure out a way to communicate my intention and make it obey.

The meat feels like…. Soft Meat, that is wet and slimy. At least it is not acidic. Inspecting the surface from a few glance, I notice there is a hole around the center point that which seem to be the ‘throat’ that lead to the stomach. Logically, that is. I will not put my hand into it to find out.

After a long attempt of various tactile actions against the monster’s mouth, I gotten a few common reactions:

- Massaging the 'meat' relax it and makes the top side fold down.

- Tickling the hole for too long will make it vomit some gross stuff out.

- Pushing two teeth forward will ‘drive’ the spider to move forward. As do other respective directions though these teeth.

- I drove it a bit to the nearby bush with some berries. Tossing some of it in the hole and don’t seem anything happened to the spider, so I ate these berries. It has been an hour and I am not poisoned. I hope that hole is a stomach that I can poison test for the future. The spider seem more obedient when I feed it.

Learned [Monster Riding] skill
Gained [Monster Rider] Trait
Gained Venus Spider

These messages pops up afterward. Naturally, I check the description from the skill and trait tags.

”Skill tab” posted:

Monster Riding E – The ability to control and mount on low-intelligent monster for basic operations. Require figuring out or creating a way to make the mounting possible.

Mechanical Driving E – The ability to drive mechanical vehicle for hours and at safe speed.

Apparently, I gained the skill to ride monster. It seem skill have a rank system, and it saddens me that the accumulation of my whole long-distance truck delivery life only amounts to E rank. Then again, I am not a truck racer to begin with…

”Trait tab” posted:

Monster Rider – A rider who is have the capability of mounting and piloting Monster.

Bad Luck – Bad fortune follows you. Ridiculous incident and coincident could occur to make ones life harder. Event such as not able to meet a god, Got kick out of an afterlife registry center, meeting monster with one hp left, etc. All within the realm of possibility. However, experiencing more things in life also mean amble opportunities to learn and overcome trial. Learning rate doubled by an extra +1000%.

I gained a trait to be able to ride monster. Hurray. Like hell I am climbing into another monster! This is a one-time thing! One time!

As for the bad luck… It seems to be quite specific of my recent event. Does the descriptor hate me or something? The percentage is also way off. Doubling would be base 100% + 100%. What a misleading typo. Probably another bad luck.

Anyhow, the sun will set soon. I could afford to do something else before seeking shelter, but it might be better to find one now. Gathering food and water is also essential. The sooner I get my wound healed, the more capable I am at other task, but I know nothing about wild medicine…

What to do?
Write-in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

First things first: Designate our Toothy Spiderbeast "Hot Wings Two," the second member and first vehicle of our troupe.

Secondly, try to find a spot near some of those berries to rest. MC doesn't seem to be in any condition to actually build a shelter yet so we're gonna have to live as a spiderhobo for a while. Get to know Toothy Spiderbeast, figure out how to befriend it since it clearly can't eat MC and MC can't really fight it off.