Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ohma's going to lose, but Kazuo still winds up chairman after he accidentally organizes a hostile takeover/assassination when he gets put in charge of the victory celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Ohma is injured in the penultimate match, Kazuo is forced to fight in his place for the final.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was honestly under the impression that the tournament was the endgame, but I have no idea how poo poo's supposed to go.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Zerilan posted:

My prediction for Dudley is that his friendship with Cosmo continues to get more adorable.

The true ending of this manga will be when Cosmo gets Dudley to try mayo with fries

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've had mayo with fries and pulled pork and kimchi.

It was good.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Only ketchup can go with fries by law. I'm reporting your post to the FBI.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I live in Korea, the FBI can't touch me!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Begemot posted:

Y'all are crazy if you think Ohma isn't gonna win the tournament.

If only because it's the only way Kazuo ends up as leader of the Kengan Association. Which simply has to happen, it's the law of comedy.

plot twist, kazuo will win the tournament and ohma will end up as leader of the association

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm still mad that Haruo lost but at least he's bffs with Seki now.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hope both Haruo and The Murobuchi Gozo come back later and are both absolute poo poo-wrecking monsters after heavy training. I'm kinda hoping there is an arc after the tournament so we can get some closure on the eventual status of some of these guys.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Begemot posted:

Y'all are crazy if you think Ohma isn't gonna win the tournament.

If only because it's the only way Kazuo ends up as leader of the Kengan Association. Which simply has to happen, it's the law of comedy.

I thought Kazuo signed on to the Nogi agreement? The one where if Ohma wins, Nogi becomes the chairman.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

My personal predictions

Cosmo beats Akuya but gets hosed up. Akuya just isn't as interesting to be honest but has also not been using his full strength.

Ohma beats Raian, and also get massively hosed up since both of them can go super mode. Ohma is slowly killing himself with that technique though.

Watusiki vs muscles: WAtasuki wins in a cool rear end fight.

Gizenga vs Jun: Jun is done, he had his fun, but I don't think he gets stabbed in the brain. Remember Jun is a pro wrestler and EYE POKES and such are moves that crop up in extreme rules (Death matches in japan?) And thus Jun probably has a technique to tank them.

These are all fairly obvious outcomes I feel, but the fights should be drat drat good.

Aug 24, 2011

Sarcophallus posted:

I thought Kazuo signed on to the Nogi agreement? The one where if Ohma wins, Nogi becomes the chairman.

yeah but that wouldnt be funny

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

where the red fern gropes posted:

yeah but that wouldnt be funny

I guess there's only one thing for it: Nogi has to die.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sarcophallus posted:

I guess there's only one thing for it: Nogi has to die.

Or get intimidated into dropping out by scarface or some other unforeseen event.

Oh, or how about Kazuo tries to give the chairmanship to Nogi, but everyone respects his incredible acumen and fighting spirit too much and won't let him. They never give him an opportunity.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two new chapters of Danberu!

Chapter 29 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-029?id=385174
In which the gang enters an amateur talent competition.

Chapter 30 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-030?id=385177
Can you guess which one is the hidden Kure clan member??

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What did Kazuo have to gain from the Nogi agreement? Doesn't he still have to pay back the price of admission to the tournament?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Is it, uh, the Russian chick?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

JosephWongKS posted:

Two new chapters of Danberu!

Chapter 29 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-029?id=385174
In which the gang enters an amateur talent competition.

Chapter 30 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-030?id=385177

I love that this thing this exists in the Kengan Ashura world. It's just so wonderfully dumb.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 28, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
When are we gonna see Machio in a Kengan match?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Tarezax posted:

When are we gonna see Machio in a Kengan match?

Machio knows better than to enter. He'd point them to Hibiki, the true hidden talent at their gym.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like how SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is a battle cry in Kengan Ashua. It's one of those small things that just sounds cool.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Hate-Senpai posted:

I like how SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is a battle cry in Kengan Ashua. It's one of those small things that just sounds cool.

This is very common in Chinese because it's literally just shouting "KILL" at the top of your lungs. It's a fairly common as a battle cry in Japanese too, but I don't know the reason there.

Sure sounds cool tho

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's got this sharpness that you don't usually hear in battle cries, which are fierce and loud roars for the most part.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hate-Senpai posted:

Is it, uh, the Russian chick?

It's the teacher with the name "Kure Yakusha" who is unusually strong (able to do the harder version of side bends while using the heaviest weights) and has black sclera.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, i think it is the russian chick after all.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Hate-Senpai posted:

shaaa

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
That was the wrong Kure to crossover where is Kure sniper chick :mad:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fellis posted:

That was the wrong Kure to crossover where is Kure sniper chick :mad:

Busy hanging out with her cousin while they spy on their client.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shaaaaa :3:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Busy hanging out with her cousin while they spy on their client.

Yeah but she keeps texting her pals, which are obviously the danberu girls, gotta have that backstory!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fellis posted:

Yeah but she keeps texting her pals, which are obviously the danberu girls, gotta have that backstory!

Kure Sniper is in university, not in high school.

She just goes to the university run by the muscle lover's older sister.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neat that that fight has demonstrated that Nogi's original choice of representative also wouldn't even be able to damage the Hell's Angel Sekibayashi Jun.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Looks like this week's chapter is delayed til Saturday.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Almost missed this chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-031?id=385302

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looks like Macchio is going to enter the Kengan tournament after all. Or at least a Kengan match.

Aug 24, 2011

haha is that julius

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I really hope it's Julius.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's either Julius or The Fang of Metsudo :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Given the sheer size and the fact that the dude isn't in Japan, it seems like Julius or a new character are the choices.