Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Inzombiac posted:

I'm so happy that it's coming to the Switch of all things. However, there's no way I'm going to buy it again. Especially since the MP was pretty bad.

This. Hopefully they start getting some of the newer games when they release elsewhere. Can't say I'm thrilled for Skyrim. Doom on PC with nice graphics and higher FPS was awesome, though. Curious how big it's going to be on switch, it was at least 50 gb on PC.

Also, I finally bought Shovel Knight and I don't know why I waited so long. It's easily top 5 for switch titles out right now, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

These are the current results from the copy ability poll that's ongoing.

I like mirror but c'mon Yo-yo, you're so danged close to number 1.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Larrymer posted:

Curious how big it's going to be on switch, it was at least 50 gb on PC.
More than 32gb, since they're not packing the multiplayer onto the retail cart, but less than the PC version since there's no Snapmap mode.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The best Kirby ability was eating the smashball in Robobot and getting the full SmashBros moveset. Felt SO good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Welp I think I found the first Switch game I'll be paying out the nose to import

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/910718010146439168

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

enojy posted:

Welp I think I found the first Switch game I'll be paying out the nose to import

You don't have to pay out the nose to import it. Make a JPN eshop account and buy it at retail price.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You don't have to pay out the nose to import it. Make a JPN eshop account and buy it at retail price.

Oh yeah, good point! I dunno, if it didn't cost too much more, I'd like the physical copy. It's called "Gal Metal" and will probably have some sweet box art.

No idea if this fat red cat and/or X Japan are going to be in the game but

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/911066900821446657

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh man, did Tak Fuji beat the cancer? I'm glad it looks like he's doing alright.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh my god yes funnel all the jrpgs directly into my Switch via my wallet

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

The Bloop posted:

The best Kirby ability was eating the smashball in Robobot and getting the full SmashBros moveset. Felt SO good.

... wait, really?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

enojy posted:

Oh poo poo it's Wii Music but awesome instead. Dunno if I'll get it but I bet there will be some fun game play videos on Youtube.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mario is still over a month away :negative:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

lelandjs posted:

Oh poo poo it's Wii Music but awesome instead. Dunno if I'll get it but I bet there will be some fun game play videos on Youtube.

The new trailer video is at least interesting, with some mention of the plot. I'm going to keep a close eye on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlGPw6BXuc

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ha! Glad to know I'm not the only one who really likes mirror. Feather and parasol not being on that list is a travesty though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

enojy posted:

oh no, is this what gal metal actually is?

euhhhhhhhhhhghhhhhhggggghhhhhhhhhhh i dunno man, we'll see. as someone who actually plays the drums i'm immediately put off by "air drumming actually feels super weird because there's no physical feedback" and "what about the kick pedal"

i was hoping for a super kick rear end rhythm game but if this is just wii music with a heavier soundtrack i'm gonna have to take a hard pass

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Sprite141 posted:

Ha! Glad to know I'm not the only one who really likes mirror. Feather and parasol not being on that list is a travesty though.

wheres suplex? wheres fighter? :mad:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yoyo is like Plasma and Sword in that it's really awesome when you're ten and suck at Super Star.

Mirror is in the hallowed halls of Ninja and Jet that are awesome once you're older and know true power and can make Yoyo look like a chump.

Mirror 4 lyfe efyl rorriM

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

1) lol plasma, really, one of the more annoying powers to use? ok
2) beetle where

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Rexroom posted:

The new trailer video is at least interesting, with some mention of the plot. I'm going to keep a close eye on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlGPw6BXuc

this looks dumb as gently caress.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am so excited for Gal Metal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Louisgod posted:

this looks dumb as gently caress.

Turn your monitor on!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Trasson posted:

Yoyo is like Plasma and Sword in that it's really awesome when you're ten and suck at Super Star.

Mirror is in the hallowed halls of Ninja and Jet that are awesome once you're older and know true power and can make Yoyo look like a chump.

Mirror 4 lyfe efyl rorriM

Yoyo owns because of it's super attack that has Kirby launch to the top of the screen making GBS threads stars everywhere while totally invincible. That and it's just a neat tool in general.

Mirror is cool but it didn't have anything super wild until Robobot and was just a different flavor of Beam with a neat dash animation/attack and shield :v:vo

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

This looks pretty half-assed

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaubocks posted:

euhhhhhhhhhhghhhhhhggggghhhhhhhhhhh i dunno man, we'll see. as someone who actually plays the drums i'm immediately put off by "air drumming actually feels super weird because there's no physical feedback" and "what about the kick pedal"

i was hoping for a super kick rear end rhythm game but if this is just wii music with a heavier soundtrack i'm gonna have to take a hard pass

Looks like it's pretty casual. It seems to notice positioning and strike the corresponding drum, but the kick looks automated (it'd pretty much have to be, unless it ships with an accessory).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Earnestly posted:

... wait, really?
HECK YES really

I found it completely by accident. They are pretty well hidden in places you normally shouldn't or can't go.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

The Bloop posted:

HECK YES really

I found it completely by accident. They are pretty well hidden in places you normally shouldn't or can't go.

OR If you scanned Kirby's Smash amiibo!

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I voted UFO. UFO the best

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

gently caress Ronald's treasure chamber in steamworld dig 2

Edit: actually, unfuck it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Frankston posted:

Imagine if you left not knowing one of the best things in the game was in there :allears:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

So... With this and other posts, I'm getting the sense that there are is more challenge available in Steamworld Dig 2 compared to the first one? The first one was straightforward until the very end, when it suddenly threw a boss-fight into the mix.

I'm still quite early in (somewhat over an hour, thus far), and I'm really digging it so far (oh yes. I went there). A nice evolution over the first game. I hope they bring the other Steamworld games to Switch. I'd totally double-dip on Heist to get it in portable form.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

This looks pretty half-assed

Atelier Firis (the last game in the trilogy) had to be patched post release because of numerous glitches. The company changed hands after the Atelier Arland series (Rorona, Totori, Meruru) and quickly went downhill. They had a decent game in the Dusk series, but Koei Tecmo's localization started introducing glitches, especially in the Vita re-releases. Ultimate attacks calling sound files from early game dialogue that was missing, late game skill trees crashing the system because it tried to call Japanese character sets, and lazy typos.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
All the jokesters who voted Sleep, please leave.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pokken is like 75 thousand times better than arms and you dweebs should buy it and play me

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken is like 75 thousand times better than arms and you dweebs should buy it and play me

If you're new to it, play me instead, I'm real bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

it's probably better for online play but if I'm on the bus or train ARMS is better, if only because I can do CPU fights that are actually difficult. idk if it changed or not but the wiiu version of Pokken's single player was braindead

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like Arms more than Pokken but they're both good. Pokken, on Wii U at least, had a really unpolished feel to it that kinda bugged me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I do all my fighting in pokken now so i will let your bad post stand

DLC Inc posted:

it's probably better for online play but if I'm on the bus or train ARMS is better, if only because I can do CPU fights that are actually difficult. idk if it changed or not but the wiiu version of Pokken's single player was braindead

Single player in a fighting game= training mode btw. All fighting game cpus just sniff your inputs and break game rules at high enough level. Playing them doesnt get you to improve vs humans like combo trials and lab work do. But i suppose only really stubborn people like me enjoy that.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 22, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Kaubocks posted:

Thats how I feel about every guitar rhythm game outside of Rocksmith.

But ya, metal drums without double bass pedals/drums isn't metal drums.... well, maybe hair/glam metal.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is the Wii U Breath of the Wild performance acceptable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Renoistic posted:

Is the Wii U Breath of the Wild performance acceptable?

Yes. I played 100+ hours on the Wii U ver.

• Locked thread