Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Also this is the exact same reason Samuel L. Jackson is Nick Fury.

Except Marvel actually asked first since SLJ is a comic nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

duz posted:

Except Marvel actually asked first since SLJ is a comic nerd.

Meaning they asked his permission before his depiction in the Ultimates?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ultimate Nick Fury slowly morphed into SLJ. He was actually white in his first appearance.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just patiently waiting on a new Nexus over here!!!!!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ultimate Nick Fury slowly morphed into SLJ. He was actually white in his first appearance.

MOM! Get down here!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Meaning they asked his permission before his depiction in the Ultimates?

Yeah, if I remember correctly they licensed his appearance for Ultimates and he jokingly said something like "okay, but if there's a movie, I gotta play him!" and everybody laughed because it was 2002 and Marvel was so bad with money they probably had controlling shares in the MiniDisc format.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

No, he was always black in the Ultimate Universe. This is his first appearance:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Huh. I guess I was misinformed.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Rock-a-Doodle is always a good suggestion. That movie is too hilariously weird for it not to be a great episode. There's a part of me that thinks that movie has some decent elements, like the art direction and setting, but geez that movie is a fever dream.

As for the Love Guru I recall Andrew saying that it's a godawful film which makes me wonder if it's so bad that it won't be an episode. I saw a bit of it and it was so bad I couldn't even make fun of it if I tried.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoubleCakes posted:

Rock-a-Doodle is always a good suggestion. That movie is too hilariously weird for it not to be a great episode. There's a part of me that thinks that movie has some decent elements, like the art direction and setting, but geez that movie is a fever dream.

As for the Love Guru I recall Andrew saying that it's a godawful film which makes me wonder if it's so bad that it won't be an episode. I saw a bit of it and it was so bad I couldn't even make fun of it if I tried.

I thought Love Guru was on their "don't even bother requesting this" list?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DoubleCakes posted:

You can tell Rock-A-Doodle is the unfinished demo reel of an animated movie that might have been decent, but as is, is just confusing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

No, he was always black in the Ultimate Universe. This is his first appearance:

God this just screams 2002.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"Widescreen" comics with bored yuppie dialogue.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

When is listener request month usually anyway? I have some doozyies I want to call in.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
http://www.allmusic.com/album/wilford-brimley-with-the-jeff-hamilton-trio-mw0002559120

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Another Animation Damnation on Duck Tales instead of another Nexus? I'm paying $8/month over here! MOM!!!!

Nah but seriously, it's funny as poo poo. The guys also out themselves as big NES dorks (told ya)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

Another Animation Damnation on Duck Tales instead of another Nexus? I'm paying $8/month over here! MOM!!!!

Nah but seriously, it's funny as poo poo. The guys also out themselves as big NES dorks (told ya)

I am so glad I was not listening to it in public, because I lost my poo poo at Steve and then Andrew's Huey/Dewey/Louie voices

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
funniest is the delivery of the "4 straws, I'm thirsty too" bit.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I know Master of Disguise, its Dana Carvey counterpart, is definitely on that list.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I am honestly surprised there hasn't been a Wayne's World 3 yet.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Neither guy is hurting for money and both probably know it's likely their legacy on film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Detective No. 27 posted:

They also hated each other for a long time

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

WHM adjacent, but Hooked on TJ Hooker is pretty great. Fun, and super aware of how silly and niche the concept is which really works in its favor.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Myers is very old looking now.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Yaws posted:

Myers is very Harry Caray looking now.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Is he looking like Lorne Michaels or am I just Canada racist?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He looks like Andy Warhol.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

They also hated each other for a long time
Meyers also has a really lovely record when working on projects he actually cares about. He was sued multiple times by studios for bailing on projects. I doubt anyone is really willing to throw money at him. Which is a shame because I think there is an alternate universe where he grew into being a pretty fun director.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yaws posted:

Myers is very old looking now.

Wait when did he turn into Steve Martin

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

He looks like Andy Warhol.

I'd watch that biopic.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
He's also tied up for a bit in that awful Gong Show reboot. I don't know how long that's scheduled for.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Just listening to their If Looks Could Kill episode, and I am not here for any Linda Hunt dissing. I can understand the intellectual reasons behind thinking her being cast as Billy Kwan was problematic, but claiming that it was only a couple of notches above Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's? Yeah, no, it wasn't that bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

END ME SCOOB posted:

He's also tied up for a bit in that awful Gong Show reboot. I don't know how long that's scheduled for.

It's not awful, it's great. Why do you hate fun. :colbert:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't understand why they had to create a character for Myers to play in that show? He's a known name, he's a funny dude, just let him be him.

edit: Grammar.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 25, 2017

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

more than actual halloween I keep looking forward every year is hearing spooktacular theme song once every October week

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't understand why they had to create a character my Myers to play in that show? He's a known name, he's a funny dude, just let him be him.

It was his idea, he didn't want people watching just to see him. I'm sure the network would much rather have it be called Mike Meyers' Gong Show

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

WHM adjacent, but Hooked on TJ Hooker is pretty great. Fun, and super aware of how silly and niche the concept is which really works in its favor.

Started listening to this today, very chill, liking it. Also love the inclusion of audio clips from the show.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So Patrick Stewart and Michael Dorn at the premier of the Z'Dar impression almost made me wreck on the way to work today from laughing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Started listening to this today, very chill, liking it. Also love the inclusion of audio clips from the show.

It is enjoyable if I have never seen a single episode of T.J. Hooker?

Like, I know Shatner's in it, and they're cops, and they do that hood slide thing on the cars...and that's literally all I know about the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

It is enjoyable if I have never seen a single episode of T.J. Hooker?

Like, I know Shatner's in it, and they're cops, and they do that hood slide thing on the cars...and that's literally all I know about the show.

It's definitely better if you've seen TJ Hooker.

TJ Hooker is now conveniently on MeTV at 5pm

http://www.metv.com/