Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Also I didn't "disappear," I taught for 5 hours. Why do people act like they've never played a mafia game with me before, my god.

tbf I didn't really care about that bit since I was asleep anyway :v:

derp posted:

the votes are revealed at the end of each day

ssssssh I wasn't gonna say anything in case we had some newbie scum who didn't read and couldn't get coached til tonight dammit haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

vector_to posted:

Love you too kas.
Tablet posting. Still comfortable on a vote for Derp, although I like tobbs less after that quick claim.

This is a bad post because the setup is open & he is uncounterclaimed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

But it was silly? As an early D1 joke I had nothing against Kasu asking "hey name 3 people you'd wanna lunch" before anything had even happened. But calling it "coming on strong early" like he was actually asking me to name scum at that point in the game is a weird interpretation:
[/quote]

I don't see it that way; I see it as a content game, to gauge your reactions & to gain information. It's neither a scum nor town tell. But I have liked Kasu's posting & reads so far, they come off as genuine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well that quote poo poo's all hosed up, oh well.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hey B-minus, you say you think I come off as scummier than Bif and then very quickly move on to other stuff, but are including me on a scum list. Can I ask why?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i bet theres some lurker scums hanging otu around here

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am torn on Glowku, because I do feel like he's especially content empty this game as compared to the last time we are at each other's throats, but I also get distracted by and auto suspicious of him because of his posting style. I am kinda agreeing with b-minus on this one.

FWIW I don't think b-minus is scum for being disengaged, for meta reasons. I believe him & think his stepping up right now is genuine, not "gotta fake it as scum."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp posted:

This is honestly what I am thinking too, and at the risk of being even more self-centered than I already am, I would be really suspicious of anyone refusing to engage & look at me vs. bif. The more she posts, the more I think she's just wrong, but not scum. I have held her to the fire pretty hard and she's been really consistent in her reactions, even if I do think she's still missing how little there was to talk about that wasn't us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

I did have trouble reading all that between bif and quid too. It was really weird and didn't seem to have any substantial talk in it. I also don't really think meta arguments are good in general

Thiiiis doesn't look like he actually read what we were discussing? Bif's complaint about my play is far beyond a meta read, it's just a gestation point.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Quidthulhu posted:

This is honestly what I am thinking too, and at the risk of being even more self-centered than I already am, I would be really suspicious of anyone refusing to engage & look at me vs. bif. The more she posts, the more I think she's just wrong, but not scum. I have held her to the fire pretty hard and she's been really consistent in her reactions, even if I do think she's still missing how little there was to talk about that wasn't us.

lol *posts ten thousand words of unreadable garbage, calls everyone who doesnt read it / have an opinion on it scum

congrats you now have a reason to call anyone in the game that you want scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
id propose to lynch one of these lurk jerks but idk if kash is gonna do something about them where it might be a waste of a lynch

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Quidthulhu posted:

Thiiiis doesn't look like he actually read what we were discussing?

Half accurate tbh

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

derp posted:

lol *posts ten thousand words of unreadable garbage, calls everyone who doesnt read it / have an opinion on it scum

congrats you now have a reason to call anyone in the game that you want scum

This is a misrepresentation of what I said. I said that anyone who is actively avoiding commenting on it right now might be scum, because it's a major issue that is being discussed. It is, because of the way Bif & I post, very easy to write it off, but I'm less concerned with the people writing it off and still commenting on it vs. the people who have not acknowledged it happened.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm not going to lie and pretend I read every word Quid put out there but I have tried to take the tone of his posting and it seems sincere if stupid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

DB has only posted the following opinions:

-Bif and I are probably town
-Scum are lurking most likely
-A "me-too" on Hal's b-minus read

You are meant to catch up more now, right, DB? I want to see more reads from you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not going to lie and pretend I read every word Quid put out there but I have tried to take the tone of his posting and it seems sincere if stupid

You do this every single game we are in "Don't know if quid is scum but he is sure dumb!"

Am I actually dumb, Hal, do you really legitimately think I am consistently a bad mafia player, or are you just continuing to not play the game? I am writing you off basically every mafia game you sign up for because you really can't be read anymore since you don't seem to play, but this is irritating the heck out of me so I'ma call you out for it. Scumhunt.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Hey B-minus, you say you think I come off as scummier than Bif and then very quickly move on to other stuff, but are including me on a scum list. Can I ask why?

confusedguywiththequestionmarks.jpg

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

flerp posted:

Yeah, wheres Jamuraan and flamander and Ha.. oh... there you are.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Thiiiis doesn't look like he actually read what we were discussing? Bif's complaint about my play is far beyond a meta read, it's just a gestation point.

hm, this is a good point. Glowku still just sounds like his usual lazy D1 self though so I really can't call it yet. Now that you're here posting some other stuff and sounding slightly better though, i think I will vote derp over you congrats

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

I knew I should have put the "or neither" at the end of my post

I'm def town, I'm just not reading walls of text made by two posters going back and forth on d1. If that's enough to warrant suspicion, then so be it. I'm not reading that poo poo sorry

This feels like minor damage control. Mafia IS reading walls of dumb stuff and laughing at how dumb it is. That's why I play anyway *shrug*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dick Bastardly posted:

This feels like minor damage control. Mafia IS reading walls of dumb stuff and laughing at how dumb it is. That's why I play anyway *shrug*

:agreed: on both points!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

DB has only posted the following opinions:

-Bif and I are probably town
-Scum are lurking most likely
-A "me-too" on Hal's b-minus read

You are meant to catch up more now, right, DB? I want to see more reads from you.

While it's on the fore of my mind atm I can say you sit comfortably in the town zone.

I think right now I'm going b-minus.

[I meant to add my previous post quote and all to this one, just pretend that its where this text is. thanks.]

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dick Bastardly posted:

You're not wrong about it being damage control. People reacted negatively to my earlier posts(rightfully so) and I responded. Not sure why you quoted this first post, did you somehow miss all of the ones that followed it after I started playing the game for real?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, this is a good point. Glowku still just sounds like his usual lazy D1 self though so I really can't call it yet. Now that you're here posting some other stuff and sounding slightly better though, i think I will vote derp over you congrats

I will be the first to admit I'm the worst when there's almost nothing to go off. I also really enjoy jokephase

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Is the town zone anything like the bone zone?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Cus I'd 100% take quid to the bone zone

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Quidthulhu posted:

That's a fair question. Your inclusion on my scum list was influenced by others' suspicion of you as scum. I've seen the lengths to which Bif will go to to proveherself as town, and I don't think I've ever played a game with you. so I read her as town, and you as potential scum. But It's possible that you and bif are both town. I won't be voting for either of you today.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

You're not wrong about it being damage control. People reacted negatively to my earlier posts(rightfully so) and I responded. Not sure why you quoted this first post, did you somehow miss all of the ones that followed it after I started playing the game for real?

No I didn't ignore the rest of your game, but in a sea of mystery, that is probably one of the few suss things I've read so far. Also, town would be "playing for real" from the jump. You are implying that you, at some point in this game, were playing insincerely. Not looking good.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
if I'm counting correctly, I have two confirmed votes for me. DB and kasumeat.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

It's literally impossible for anyone to prove anything day 1 in this game. The fact that people say things like that makes me lol and also rrrrrrrrr

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dick Bastardly posted:

No I didn't ignore the rest of your game, but in a sea of mystery, that is probably one of the few suss things I've read so far. Also, town would be "playing for real" from the jump. You are implying that you, at some point in this game, were playing insincerely. Not looking good.

You can, and probably should use that same logic to make sus cases for more than just me. Flerp and glowku come to mind, though I've liked glowkus contributions this afternoon. Has flerp ever made a serious post

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

if I'm counting correctly, I have two confirmed votes for me. DB and kasumeat.

How are they confirmed? We won't know the votes until the end of the game, nothing is confirmed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mayor Glowku posted:

It's literally impossible for anyone to prove anything day 1 in this game. The fact that people say things like that makes me lol and also rrrrrrrrr

Tobbs copclaiming comes pretty close :v:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Most of my play is genuine insincerity. Come at me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

You can, and probably should use that same logic to make sus cases for more than just me. Flerp and glowku come to mind, though I've liked glowkus contributions this afternoon. Has flerp ever made a serious post

What do you like about Glowku's posting this afternoon? I haven't really seen him drop an opinion?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would hate to dunk vector D1 because I targeted him as scum D1 in Genesis, but I don't see how you walk away from that cop claim & think Tobbs looks scummy for it. That reads majorly fake.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

Do you mean flerp or derp? I think derp is the one you are talking about but I could also be mixing them up

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Valid points. I agree especially in the case of Flerp, but can't deny Gloku does seem to be in same boat.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

What do you like about Glowku's posting this afternoon? I haven't really seen him drop an opinion?

Accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mayor Glowku posted:

How are they confirmed? We won't know the votes until the end of the game, nothing is confirmed.

If someone says I am voting for this person. That's as close as confirmed in my mind as you can get

• Locked thread