Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Is there a setting that makes all the combo calculations go as fast as they do in the time attack dungeons by default?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Weld seems underappreciated, I like the idea of being able to just stick more prongs on stuff

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Is there a setting that makes all the combo calculations go as fast as they do in the time attack dungeons by default?

On the main screen, go to Others -> Options -> Dungeon -> Skip Combos (On)

Or if you're in a dungeon, Menu -> Options -> Skip Combos (On)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Hebug posted:

This is hard. I honestly don't know how much faster I can get through it.

I've had a pretty good success rate with Meri. She's great for this dungeon - only requires one combo to activate, no pesky skyfalls, benefits from the Blue orb bonus drop, and her active helps with the combo shield at the end.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

There is! Others -> Options -> Dungeon -> Skip Combo.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i yogged every single one of those time attack dungeons and came away with like 60 blue noels over the week

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Zeta posted:

What do people use to clear the Multiplayer FF dungeon? I never really play multiplayer, but I'd like to get a Yiazmat for the hell of it.

My super tank team for playing with absolute randoms: RCeres Romia HParvati AnaCeres Mito RCeres. 75% resist all the enemies, lots of RCV, stupid amounts of healing from actives. Your damage kinda sucks even with all the killers but you won't die, and a spike turn off the Romia board can actually be half decent damage (I got the kill shot on Yiazmat twice). Used it for the four runs I did before Yiazmat dropped, the hardest part of the build is finding someone with RCeres up.

The Hebug posted:

This is hard. I honestly don't know how much faster I can get through it.

I managed to clear it with 11s remaining using Meri (floor 3 invade), this was my team and button order in case it helps anyone: Meri Sharon Whaledor(Gabriel) Hermes Skuld Meri

1 Sharon, row of 8 + 1 combo, or row of 9
2 Skuld, row of 6 + 1 heart combo
3 Meri, row of 8 + 1 combo
4 Hermes, row of 8
5 Gabriel, heart column + blob of 9
6 Sharon, row of 8
7 Meri, row of 8 + 3 combos

Snowglobe is row of 8 like most of the rest. Last floor combo shield is by far the hardest, I kept choking because of the time pressure and rushing it. You might not need 8 orbs on some floors because of killers on Sharon, I just went with 8 for insurance. Floor 1 is the second hardest with the high defense green dude. If you miss the heart combo on 2 you'll die to the preempt on 3, I learned that the hard way. And of course if you skyfall enough orbs to kill without active you should do that.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Meri definitely seems the way to go. Send like you have to be pretty lucky for everything else. Finally managed to clear it with 1.79 seconds left and that was with the invade on the resolve floor. It's tough.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Summer REM returns Monday! Now featuring Blujin, Blartemis, and of course, Blachibana Blinchiyo!

Also, ult Bleschmali is now live, and oh man is she a fantastic easy-mode farming leader.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I don't have Skuld for Meri. I can drag along Red Urd but that's a dead slot just to kill Alfecca. My blue subs are on the crap side anyway.

Maybe I should just run it until I get the invade on Alfecca?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Man, double Ganesha Experience of a Lifetime didn't give me a rank up. It finally stopped working every time. Or maybe I just got lucky for a while.

Either way, end of an era

isndl
May 2, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Summer REM returns Monday! Now featuring Blujin, Blartemis, and of course, Blachibana Blinchiyo!

Also, ult Bleschmali is now live, and oh man is she a fantastic easy-mode farming leader.

Excuse me, that's Beachibana, Beachiyo, and Beachamali. Blujin is alright, though Blartemis could use improvement.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

are either of the mp shop units for that event worth it?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

GoodBee posted:

I don't have Skuld for Meri. I can drag along Red Urd but that's a dead slot just to kill Alfecca. My blue subs are on the crap side anyway.

Maybe I should just run it until I get the invade on Alfecca?

if you can't farm the time attack dungeons you might as well just run super kings or whatever

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Hey all, I've been trucking along in PAD for a while, but aren't entirely sure what to aim for now. My mons:

https://www.padherder.com/user/sent/monsters/ (edit: I didn't fully add all my awakenings)

I've been using a team of Ilmina / pixel tifa / Lmeta / solais / freyr so far, but I'm not sure if I should be building towards anything different.

Also, apparently Yuna is pretty good now, would it be worth it for me to try to roll for her while her rates are increased? Or is the chance too low that it's just a waste of stones.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

are either of the mp shop units for that event worth it?

Beach Valk has a machine killer which can be hard to find and extra killers on top of that, while BMyr is an excellent inherit for boss kill teams (make a heart column or a box with CTW time). Both have their uses but it depends on your box.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Three rolls in an attempt to get Yuna:

Auron
Auron
Lightning

Should I pixel evo them both? What is Lightning good for? She seems interesting and I have a bunch of light subs that should work for her.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

ThePineapple posted:

Hey all, I've been trucking along in PAD for a while, but aren't entirely sure what to aim for now. My mons:

https://www.padherder.com/user/sent/monsters/ (edit: I didn't fully add all my awakenings)

I've been using a team of Ilmina / pixel tifa / Lmeta / solais / freyr so far, but I'm not sure if I should be building towards anything different.

Are you looking to try out a different play style, trying to clear some harder content, or do you want a project?

Ilmina is really low effort for a good return on damage. Awoken Baal is the only other thing you've got right now that you could work on for that team if you feel like it. He's not game changing, just a different option.

You could try Okuninushi/Diablos if you to build a dark combo team. Awoken Okuninushi caps out at x12 but he needs 3 dark matches along with 8 total combos to trigger Diablos. I'm suggesting it because you've already got Nohime and Revo Haku at good levels. You would want time extends and 7 combo awakenings. Okuninushi isn't the best leader but I use mine a lot as a sub or an inherit so I don't think it would be a waste of time to evo and level him.

quote:

Also, apparently Yuna is pretty good now, would it be worth it for me to try to roll for her while her rates are increased? Or is the chance too low that it's just a waste of stones.

If you only want one monster, it's probably a waste of stones. If you like FF in general or want some different color pixel stuff, you probably won't feel to bad throwing some stones at it. You might get lucky.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zo posted:

if you can't farm the time attack dungeons you might as well just run super kings or whatever

That's good advice.

I'm not sure I've got anything that will work for all the time attacks. No Yog like mentioned before. I'll have to see if I can put together anything for each one.

Anything recommended for Serket today?

isndl
May 2, 2012
Serket should be doable with practically any row team if you have an appropriate pixel for Kopis. I flubbed and had to two-shot two different floors and still cleared. You can laser floor 1 and use the unbindable badge for the one bind preempt.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

GoodBee posted:

That's good advice.

I'm not sure I've got anything that will work for all the time attacks. No Yog like mentioned before. I'll have to see if I can put together anything for each one.

Anything recommended for Serket today?

Yog...

Otherwise you need something not red, unbindable preferred, a pixel for the damage void, probably a laser for the first floor, and a lot of damage to burst through serket's shield. Off the top of my head aizen/ameno could probably do it. I'm sure there are others too.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I'm going to have much more success today with serket. Pixel tidus takes care of both Sphinx and kopis. Blobs for everything else.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

isndl posted:

Serket should be doable with practically any row team if you have an appropriate pixel for Kopis. I flubbed and had to two-shot two different floors and still cleared. You can laser floor 1 and use the unbindable badge for the one bind preempt.

Two major stumbling points -
1) Can't be red because of floor 2.
2) Needs to be able to put out ~30M damage on the last floor very quickly.

I've been very close with DAth / ReHaku / ReHaku / ReRa / Pixel Seph, but just couldn't deal with #2 fast enough.

isndl
May 2, 2012

heisenberg posted:

Two major stumbling points -
1) Can't be red because of floor 2.
2) Needs to be able to put out ~30M damage on the last floor very quickly.

I've been very close with DAth / ReHaku / ReHaku / ReRa / Pixel Seph, but just couldn't deal with #2 fast enough.

Yeah, my first attempt wiped there when I discovered a plain row didn't cut it, but I matched some more orbs the second time and it was fine. I was using Pixel Lightning paired with Ameno though which is a huge multiplier to begin with, as well as type advantage.

A gemstone buff should be plenty, and you can pop it the turn before to guarantee the kill on Kopis with your pixel. Red atts can be managed if you are careful with your subatts, I used Ilmina to laser floor 1 for example.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
too bad you don't have yog, i did it really easily even without pixels, so pixel yog should walk away with like 20+ seconds each time

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Managed to clear the dungeon using Kirin from the MH Collab as a lead. (Finally, it's useful for something!) Subs were Yang Guifei (lazer + board change), Pixel Cecil (for the void break), and a couple of Ilms.

I'll leave up my Kirin today for anyone who wants it. My ID is 368, 037, 296.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I walked through Serket blind with Ameno today so yeah that row lead advice above is on point. I switched in an unevo'd Ra just for floor 1 and can farm it reliably now. Just need a Wukong for 3 SB since I lack Lightning.

Btw whoever was asking about Lightning - she's good on Ameno.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
2 pulls, Ace and Noctis because lol at me for thinking a crystal might be Yuna this time. I don't recall when the last time was I actually pulled a unit I was trying to get.

isndl
May 2, 2012
After a disastrous 24 pulls on the first Yuna day, I got her first pull this time. :unsmith:

An absolute lack of blue pulls is cramping my style when it comes to these time attacks though. Got nothing to void punch with Meri.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

isndl posted:

After a disastrous 24 pulls on the first Yuna day, I got her first pull this time. :unsmith:

An absolute lack of blue pulls is cramping my style when it comes to these time attacks though. Got nothing to void punch with Meri.

Would you happen to have a different pixel and a Masamune or Zweihander? Is dead weight for most of the floors, but then you use a color change inherit to be useful on the one floor where the pixel is needed.

(idea stolen from https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/71y5d0/brag_triple_god_killers_putting_in_the_work/ )

isndl
May 2, 2012

maou shoujo posted:

Would you happen to have a different pixel and a Masamune or Zweihander? Is dead weight for most of the floors, but then you use a color change inherit to be useful on the one floor where the pixel is needed.

(idea stolen from https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/71y5d0/brag_triple_god_killers_putting_in_the_work/ )

Nope! I think I had a Zweihander once and then sold her. Never bothered to even skill her.

Instead I've just been running Pixel Lightning/Ameno and eating the time lost to skyfalls.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

isndl posted:

Nope! I think I had a Zweihander once and then sold her. Never bothered to even skill her.

Instead I've just been running Pixel Lightning/Ameno and eating the time lost to skyfalls.

If it works it works. Serket TA was designed around Kopis's damage void, so pixels make it much easier than the other TAs.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, this 90-second Titania dungeon is rough. Barely managed to clear it once after 4 tries.

How's everyone else doing with this one?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
hmm what's this new gacha, oh well toss a yolo roll at it what's the best that can ha-

oh my

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Got the triple God killer R/B person. Gonna place 'em on my Vegitto team. I feel as though that's the best use of the triple God killer.

isndl
May 2, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Man, this 90-second Titania dungeon is rough. Barely managed to clear it once after 4 tries.

How's everyone else doing with this one?

I got it on my third try using basically the same team that I used for Serket, but I did cheat a little by using the tab trick - if you run out of time while the damage animation on the boss is going, tab out and you get the clear when you app switch back.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

And now I got the dragon killer. Good REM

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

hmm what's this new gacha, oh well toss a yolo roll at it what's the best that can ha-

oh my

Isn't this like the third time this happens to you?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Isn't this like the third time this happens to you?

for getting a 7* with no IAP? technically yes, but uruka was pulled on my alt which doesn't really count

my wife also pulled edeal on her account on her second pull (what are the odds eh) and she doesn't actually play anymore so we are thinking about selling that account lol

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Is anyone using Pixel cloud or Pixel lightning as leaders? Is there an all pixel team that is good for a3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Rolled a Beach Pandora with my free roll. 2015 me is stoked.