Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey dude at least we haven't had anybody try to justify the jellybean rape in that thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

SEX BURRITO posted:

I want to go on the Rick and Morty thread and talk about how Jerry needs to get his poo poo together. But the fan base scares me.

You're not wrong to think that, I had a few people get very upset with me when I mentioned my gentle opinion that Pickle Rick was too violent for my own tastes.

Glad BoJack is back for season 5! I hope Mr. Peanutbutter is okay. This is what I always worry about i love him

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey dude at least we haven't had anybody try to justify the jellybean rape in that thread

Morty was asking for it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

thanks alot assbag posted:

You're not wrong to think that, I had a few people get very upset with me when I mentioned my gentle opinion that Pickle Rick was too violent for my own tastes.

Glad BoJack is back for season 5! I hope Mr. Peanutbutter is okay. This is what I always worry about i love him

1 person made one post about how you kept posting about it, 1 other person said "agree to disagree" no one else responded to you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I found out today I somehow skipped the second half of season two so I got to enjoy binging some of the best of this show for the first time all over again this week

Not sure if it was because I thought the chokey strokey was a finale or because my mom died

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wank posted:

Season 4 showed that Diane is poison to BoJack. She is the yin to his yin. Christ, she even ruined his moment of watching the mustangs running.

I hope Diane learns something this season, she is the loving worst. (Diane and BoJack having an affair is plausible for this show though).

Bojack and Diane barely interacted this season.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Diane and PC are the best couple on the show

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

shame on an IGA posted:

Diane and PC are the best couple on the show

Honestly, if Diane and Princess Carolyn some how end up married I would be super happy.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

To be clear I mean that they are the characters who have the most resonant interaction and I just want to see them on screen together more often

E: There hasn't been much Princess Carolyn backstory has there? There's something for S5 to explore

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think we got all we needed to from S3. Her mom was a maid, and she drank, so PC had to step up and do the housework herself as a kid. And she kinda never stopped being like that.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Lurdiak posted:

I think we got all we needed to from S3. Her mom was a maid, and she drank, so PC had to step up and do the housework herself as a kid. And she kinda never stopped being like that.

Oooh, poo poo, I forgot about that. You think that might be in the genes?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Pyrotoad posted:

One of my dormmates had never used a grill that wasn't portable before. He smoked out the kitchen by leaving a single sausage in the grill with the door shut until smoke started escaping. That was also when we discovered that that handle of the fire extinguisher wasn't screwed on tight enough to keep it attached to anything and somebody had nicked the fire blanket. Good times!

Is there a soundtrack for the non-vocal tracks out? The music playing while Beatrice is with Henrietta in the hospital is beautiful.

Speaking of fire hazards, in the last episode I totally thought Diane was gonna accidentally burn down the motel room when she put cloth over the nightstand lamp.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Andenalli posted:

I could see her giving the company to Judah and finally moving on from being an agent.

She already has--she's a manager! Managers can produce! :eng101:

Whiz Palace posted:

People always say suicide ending, but how about a murder-suicide ending
\/

I don't think it's been mentioned, but one of the little things I noticed was another reference to the "friend chicken/food chicken" horror world they live in where they eat semi-sentient people--when Butterscotch gets home from a hard day at the fish cannery he says something like "and they do NOT like to get in those cans!'

:aaaaa:

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
On the topic of next season hooks, a very obvious thread to pull next season is Bojack's alcoholism. It's been played for laughs, but it's very clear that drinking is one of the major obstacles to his continued growth, and I think it's been foreshadowed in that this season both PC and Diane have followed Bojack's lead and tried to cope with their problems with booze. I'm fairly confident this show could explore addiction and recovery in a smart, non-cliched way.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is anyone else getting a tiny bit tired of Will Arnett's voice?

I don't hate it, but it's starting to grate on me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No I think he’s really good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I cannot imagine anyone else delivering both the quiet humanity of Bojack's more vulnerable moments and lines like "Not one person in here offered me a Fiji water, AND I AM PARCHED FROM ALL THE YELLING I'VE BEEN DOING" better than Arnett. It's very obvious why he was the "dream casting" of the showrunners.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Scholtz posted:

No. I could listen to him read me fancy menus all day.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

No I think he’s really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrwTVsckmI

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I basically want a show that is just Will Arnett and Matt Berry reading weird poo poo to each other.

Lurdiak posted:

I cannot imagine anyone else delivering both the quiet humanity of Bojack's more vulnerable moments and lines like "Not one person in here offered me a Fiji water, AND I AM PARCHED FROM ALL THE YELLING I'VE BEEN DOING" better than Arnett. It's very obvious why he was the "dream casting" of the showrunners.

I mean, if you're casting someone privileged and unhappy who else do you even consider now?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Scholtz posted:

What no what is wrong with you

Seriously though, absolutely not. Will Arnett's got a weird kinda gravelly voice and he's great at using it in this role from sad, depressive, & inquisitive to brash, excited and optimistic, IMO.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sounds like a great podcast to me

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just, I just wanna know, is there club sauce? I'm willing to wait till the appropriate section of the menu is read. It's no trouble, really.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I don't think this show is going to have a happy ending. I don't think it's going to have the grimdarkest ending either where everyone dies, but anytime anyone describes some ending where everyone gets everything they want and is happy from then on just doesn't sound like this show.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think the final season includes a reversal on episode 11, where everything kind of falls into place. But then there's episode 12, and we see all the ways it could unravel (or not).

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don't think this show is going to have a happy ending. I don't think it's going to have the grimdarkest ending either where everyone dies, but anytime anyone describes some ending where everyone gets everything they want and is happy from then on just doesn't sound like this show.

There have been a lot of shows over the years that have had horribly damaged protagonists, and have still managed to end on a vaguely positive note. Mad Men showed the cycle of addiction and recovery many times over, and people argued endlessly that the only possible ending would be for Don Draper to throw himself off a building. House didn't end with House's death, even after years of drug abuse and treating people like poo poo. I feel like Bojack actually dying would be kind of a predictable ending, and there are better ways to end the show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Iron Crowned posted:

Sounds like a great podcast to me

Netflix Live was some wild Space Ghost Coast to Coast type poo poo and something that Netflix should have arguably kept up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I would hope that it shows that improvement is possible, and I would think that means a lot of these characters growing beyond their fantasies. Which Bojack started to do this season and I think we saw a lot of the setup for the other characters to start that journey too. It won't necessarily be all happy go lucky, but I do think it will end on an optimistic if not necessarily positive note.

There is enough sad endings already in the show, the entire primary cast doesn't need to end up dead or homeless drug addicts.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I would hope that it shows that improvement is possible, and I would think that means a lot of these characters growing beyond their fantasies. Which Bojack started to do this season and I think we saw a lot of the setup for the other characters to start that journey too. It won't necessarily be all happy go lucky, but I do think it will end on an optimistic if not necessarily positive note.

There is enough sad endings already in the show, the entire primary cast doesn't need to end up dead or homeless drug addicts.

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting a clean break/second chance sort of ending for most of the main cast. I don't expect it to just hand out happy endings but I think the possibility will be left open.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Collect em all

https://mobile.twitter.com/Topps/status/911279278372851713

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I ordered a set yesterday :shrug:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

thanks alot assbag posted:

I hope Mr. Peanutbutter doesn't just lie on the couch, depressed, waiting for Diane to come back - jumping up and running to the door every time he hears a car drive nearby. :( for he is a dog, you see

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

I hope Mr. Peanutbutter doesn't just lie on the couch, depressed, waiting for Diane to come back - jumping up and running to the door every time he hears a car drive nearby. :( for he is a dog, you see

Diane will come back to get her stuff and Mr. Peanutbutter will have gnawed on all the skirting boards.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Captain Lavender posted:

Jurassic Bark but it's Mr PB outside the collapsed remains of his old house.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SEX BURRITO posted:

Jurassic Bark but it's Mr PB outside the collapsed remains of his old house.

Jesus, this would probably destroy whatever is left of my heart.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ugh Guys, Mr. PB is on his 3rd marriage, he's a ripped, super successful mega-star and his sole defining character trait as per this season is "people love to love him". If anything his story will be Diane dumps him and they get a divorce and he's back on his feet again more or less immediately. He might spin out of control and a Mr. Peanutbutter bender is something I would love to see but I just don't see him doing a crazy 180 and losing his poo poo because his bitchy drag of an ex-wife dumped him because he tried to make her childhood dreams come true.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Ugh Guys, Mr. PB is on his 3rd marriage, he's a ripped, super successful mega-star and his sole defining character trait as per this season is "people love to love him". If anything his story will be Diane dumps him and they get a divorce and he's back on his feet again more or less immediately. He might spin out of control and a Mr. Peanutbutter bender is something I would love to see but I just don't see him doing a crazy 180 and losing his poo poo because his bitchy drag of an ex-wife dumped him because he tried to make her childhood dreams come true.

ehh, mr pb's the kind of guy who can't stand being alone with his own thoughts so i dunno if he'd bounce back that quick

he went immediately from jessica biel to diane, we haven't really seen how he deals with being single long-term

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've said this a lot to everyone I know but I'm in favor of any story that involves bringing Katrina back in any aspect.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm definitely OK with MPB's struggles remaining largely outward, as opposed to the other main characters. Keeps it fresh a bit, I don't think the show runners want an "Everyone's depressed secretly" thing going on. I watched an interview with Bob-Waksburg, and he made it sound like a top goal is to not just have a homogonized, everything-is-awful, approach, and liked to keep the show varied as they can. I'm not looking forward to an arc about Mr. Peanutbutter's deep inner torment as revealed through adversity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andenalli
Sep 17, 2007

I'm unique, just like
everyone else

Scholtz posted:

Not even a little bit, man. His voice is deep and sexy.

Every bit of this.

Andenalli fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 23, 2017