Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

"I don't understand why this keeps happening."
"We've been murdering people just fine without any fancy pants powdered wigs with gavels!"
"I maintain my outrage. Truly, truly, I am outraged."

The new Governor had seen all this before and had his men disperse the crowd. Once again the streets had been awash with blood. Word was that another criminal organization had arrived so the townsfolk had taken to stringing people up in the streets - as they were wont to do. Hanging innocent and guilty alike in the middle of town square seemed like a pretty great way to deal with things at the time, but it left more dead than there would have been in the first place.

The former Governor had introduced the Judge System, wherein a series of people attempted to eke out the truth via a man gifted with lie detection abilities. This proved to be a faulty scheme and so he tried to bring order to law again: the second Judge System removed the criminals, but also gave too much power to a select few self-interested folks.

The New Governor was sure he could make it work. He was sure that this time, there could be a just and fair way of finding the criminals in the town and achieving peace once more.

So he brought back the Judge System. And that was when all Hell broke loose...

Welcome to Courtroom Drama Mafia III which is a Mafia/Kingmaker hybrid game for 15 players.

The game takes place in a few phases:

1. The District Attorney picks the Defendant. The D.A. is a static town role. It is in the D.A.'s interest to keep their identity a secret, as criminals may be looking to disrupt the system by eliminating them. They may pick themselves. The Accused player is then on the chopping block for the rest of the day.

2. The Defendant picks their Defense Lawyer. These two players are then put into a masonry for the day. Additionally, the Defense Lawyer can nullify ONE jury vote at any point during the day by quoting the post and posting ##Objection!

3. The Defense Lawyer picks a Jury Foreman. The Jury Foreman will guess whether the Defendant will be found "GUILTY" or "NOT GUILTY" by the Jury. If correct, the Foreman will receive a BOON that will help them greatly in the game. The Foreman will also pick the Judge.

4. The Jury decides the Defendant's fate. This is normal voting as per Mafia rules and the majority of the Day. All members of the game, including the Defendant, are members of the Jury. If the Jury convicts the Defendant, the Judge may use one of his [SENTENCE] actions and the Foreman will receive a boon. If the Jury convicts another player, the Judge may use one of his [INDICTMENT] actions and the Defendant is free to go. Please note that this game will operate under PLURALITY VOTING rules, and as such there will be no days where no one gets the vote. In fact, the Jury can split the vote to have the Judge render TWO verdicts. If the Defendant is not Sentenced, they benefit from Double Jeopardy - they are DEATHPROOF for the following day/night cycle.

5. The Judge renders his verdict. If the Defendant is ruled GUILTY by the Jury, the Judge must use one of his [SENTENCE] actions. [SENTENCE] actions include:
    Death (x∞) - Convicted player dies.
    Probation (x1) - Convicted player is jailed for the night.
    Community Service (x1) - Convicted player switches affiliation.
    Retrial (x1) - D.A. picks another defendant and the day begins again.
    Recess (x1) - Go directly to night phase. The Convicted player is the Defendant again tomorrow.
    Acquital (x1) - The Convicted player is ruled Not Guilty.
    Class Action (x1) - Convicted player dies. The day continues as LIGHTS OUT for 24 hours and all voted players immediately die.

If the Defendant is ruled NOT GUILTY by the Jury (due to another player receiving the most votes), the Judge must use one of his [INDICTMENT] actions. [INDICTMENT] actions include:
    Death (x3) - Convicted player dies. Please make note that this is only three-shot.
    Trial (x∞) - Convicted player becomes one of two Defendants for the next day.
    Search (x∞) - Convicted player's alignment is revealed to the Judge alone.
    Seizure (x1) - Convicted player becomes a stump. They do not flip or die, but lose affiliation, powers, and win condition.

6. Night occurs. This occurs just as in regular Mafia. The thread will close at night. During this phase, the cycle will begin again and the D.A. will pick a new Defendant.

Every player has one win condition tied to their alignment.
Town wins when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Scum wins when they are equal to or greater than non-scum aligned.
Third party win according their conditions, if they exist.

Other Rules
Don't quote mod communication. You may paraphrase your role/flavor.
Don't edit posts (ninja edits are fine, don't get caught over the time limit).
Don't speak out of thread with other players unless your role allows it.
Don't fake day actions.
Don't Toxx, or other things against the spirit of the game.
Post all the time, every time. If you don't have as many posts as mod + votefinder at the end of D1, you will be warned. Afterward, modkills will occur.
Have fun.
Breaking rules results in a warning and/or modkill.
Nights will be 24 hours, or open sooner if all actions are submitted.
Thread closes at night.
Do not sign up if you do not have PMs. We will be using Google Docs for OOT communication.

Player List
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. b-minus1
  3. Diqnol
  4. GulagDolls
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. Jeabus Mahogany
  7. Jonathan Fisk
  8. Mordiceius
  9. peramene
  10. Pinterest Mom
  11. QuoProQuid
  12. Retro Futurist
  13. this is a stickup
  14. Tired Moritz
  15. vector_to

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

e:

hello

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 29, 2017

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This sounds great. But how much of a time commitment do you think it would be? I don't want to agree and not be able to show up you know? Considering my Euro times, what do you think Little Mac?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This sounds great. But how much of a time commitment do you think it would be? I don't want to agree and not be able to show up you know? Considering my Euro times, what do you think Little Mac?

Not a huge time commitment, though you will be expected to post? Days will normally end around 8 PM EST.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh I post. I post when I'm around and stuff. Well count me in and I hope not to let you down. I'll probably end up missing deadlines but a couple of hours since I need to be in bed by 6 PM EST, but I don't think that'll be a huge issue.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ill play but ill only make ace attorney references

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:henget:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:yeah:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes this sounds great

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'll try this weird poo poo.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i play

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tired Moritz posted:

ill play but ill only make ace attorney references

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll join you foolish fools

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Yeah sure I'll give it a go.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
did someone say mafia?

I'm in

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in! ❤

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

My avatar is too fitting to not join. I'm in.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh I didn't expect you to sign me up I was just saying Hello to your Hi however sure I'm in etc etc

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

why the gently caress not

sure.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
help

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh, this filled! Good! Will send out roles within the next few hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

All role PMs are sent out. Just waiting on the D.A. to pick the first Defendant so we can begin. Thank you for joining and for being patient.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rises on the first day that the Governor has officially enacted the Judge System. Jurors arrive, letters in hand, and file into the court room. Some of them look sideways at other jurors. There is little trust in this town. A screen lowers from the ceiling in the waiting room where all Jurors sit. It flashes a picture of one of the people in the room.

"Peramene has been called to the stand."

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief.

It is now DAY ONE.

Peramene is the Defendant. Please pick your Defense Lawyer.

Jurors may begin discussion and vote in the meantime.

Day will end Friday at 6 PM EST, or whenever a majority vote is reached.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): 100YrsofAttitude, b-minus1, Diqnol, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, Jeabus Mahogany, Jonathan Fisk, Mordiceius, peramene, Pinterest Mom, QuoProQuid, Retro Futurist, this is a stickup, Tired Moritz, vector_to

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GUILTY

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i didnt read the op but we should kill merk

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

confirmed

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've never played with a bunch of you. Those of you I know not, do you like a little thing I like to call EFFORT?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Have you ever played with me before

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

permanene, i will lead your defense but only because i think you may be eligible for a HUGE SETTLEMENT

call now. our operators are STANDING BY.

Tired Moritz posted:

who this

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
you have got to be loving kidding me

LIL MAC LOWERCASE MY loving P

these false accusations against me can only be met with the most sincere and dedicated legal counsel

Jeabus Mahogany, I have seen you refuse to surrender in the face of adversity and put up with a tremendous amount of horseshit. I therefore ask you to be my defense counsel

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Yes and I believe you hate me. Therefore I hate you. Hatred ages like a fine wine

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
tbh I can't remember you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I am vanilla town

and extremely inclined to vote guilty sight unseen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

tbh I can't remember you

What sort of mafia world is this where people don’t know diqsol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good luck with that clown for your counsel pERAMENE

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

peramene posted:

Jeabus Mahogany, I have seen you refuse to surrender in the face of adversity and put up with a tremendous amount of horseshit. I therefore ask you to be my defense counsel

i have seen every episode of the good wife, yOU PHILISTINE

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anime gently caress boy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Anime gently caress boy

Pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail