Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also you start the director’s cut maps with 25k and, all perks, PaP guns and the magic wheel always has PaP weapons.

I’m going to work on Rave tonight and see if I can at least get to the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I'm so garbage at the new map, and of course my key contract is Venom-X kills. I can't even get PaP open :smith:

I probably just need to watch some videos explaining the layout a bit better.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Meanwhile, there are people who completed all the EEs in Director's Cut mode.

And what happens next is pure :catstare: and :stare:.

MEPHISTOPHELEE ROSS IS REAL.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Here's the new COD WW2 PS4.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Mill Village posted:

Here's the new COD WW2 PS4.

Its just a controller?

I kid, it is hideous.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“widespread”" post="“476382159”"]
Meanwhile, there are people who completed all the EEs in Director’s Cut mode.

And what happens next is pure :catstare: and :stare:.

MEPHISTOPHELEE ROSS IS REAL.
[/quote]

It’s super meta and actually fun and works great. I love it. I can’t wait to get the rest of the EE’s done. We can probably make a good effort at knocking out Radioactive Thing. It really felt easier with 2-3 people and up until I hosed up the last phase by having us kill poo poo too early we did just fine.

Rave I’m going to try to clear this weekend. It’s just a matter of how many scenes I’m comfortable before needing to do all the steps.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And fuckin' BOOM. Locksmith is done for me. Then Tables Turned got done next.

gently caress, I ran outta things to do in this map I think. Except for like, doing my Willard Bounty.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mister Facetious posted:

The next OP needs to be screenshots/quotes of everyone cancelling their preorders.

Discussion > Games > CoD: WWII - D-Day Cancelled Due to Lack of Volunteers

Saves me a step because I ain't cancelling! WWII beta was good. Game's gonna be good.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm definitely getting it so you can count on me for playing a bad video game wit buds

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

bear is driving! posted:

Saves me a step because I ain't cancelling! WWII beta was good. Game's gonna be good.

Agreed! It was so refreshing not to have to keep looking into the sky for random flying space ninja death.

And War mode may be my go to for this one. Without K/D e-peen people may actually start playing the objectives. (One can always hope...)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

And fuckin' BOOM. Locksmith is done for me. Then Tables Turned got done next.

I just got Locksmith myself! I’m only missing ZiS and the new map. I’m going to work on ZiS before I finally jump on the new map.

Locksmith/Rave was REALLY loving easy once you know all that you need to do and when to do it. I completed it in scene 8 which is the earliest I’ve cleared an EE. Even Radioactive Thing I needed a couple of extra rounds for money. Having the M1 right at the extra absolutely breaks the map. I love it. I’m hoping I can do the same start in Spaceland.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Salvage Hack going on right now. 1000 salvage, dupe protected Legendary or better LMG. Rolled 5 times and got 3 epics (Mammoth, Fury, Artifice) and then the Atlas and Auger legendarios.

Now that I have them, the furies are loving FUN.

Said gently caress it and rolled three more times to make it 8k salvage total. Got the Liberty so that’s 4 epics for the cost of two :yeah:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 16, 2017

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I was nuked during an IW match for the first time. I think the last COD I played where the enemy team got a nuke was when I was playing with pubbies in MW3. The guy on the other team was actually insanely good and ran everywhere around the map to get it. Unfortunately, his running around did not include capturing points, so my team ended up winning 200-184 and I had the highest score thanks to my 10 or so caps.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm down to play IW or Blops3 now if anyone else is on

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Getting on now if anyone's game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven’t had a rage add in so long :swoon:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Won't lie, he's got a good PSN name, for a salty pubbie.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ITIaKzG3A

:thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Wazzit”" post="“476524480”"]
[video type=“youtube”]a9ITIaKzG3A[/video]

:thunk:
[/quote]

Bash the Fasc: The Video Game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

What the gently caress, I didn't think they'd actually do the "recruit goes into D-Day" route.

Calling it now, we're killing some German doctor who tortures Josh Duhamel and does other unspeakable things to people of the Jewish faith. Hitler's not even gonna show up since SPOILER, HITLER SUICIDES WITH EVA BRAUN, BOTH DEAD BY THE TIME AMERICANS EVEN BREACH THE BUNKER.

Edit: My apologies, Macys. Also I'll wager over four.

widespread fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 19, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

What the gently caress, I didn't think they'd actually do the "recruit goes into D-Day" route.

Calling it now, we're killing some German doctor who tortures Josh Duhamel and does other unspeakable things to people of the Jewish faith. Hitler's not even gonna show up since SPOILER, HITLER SUICIDES WITH EVA BRAUN.

:wtf: Spoiler that poo poo dude.

I wonder what Vegas has as the over-under for "number of times dragged by another soldier after a grenade/artillery/Stuka bombing".

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 19, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wonder who’s great grandfather we’ll get a reveal at the end. Price Sr??

Either way I’m stuck with zombies and IW for another year. I really loving hate the ZiS Easter egg. That 3rd SETI defense is not fun at all. I thought about doing the skull and ghosts to maybe have an easier time... but you need to clear the EE as part of it :lol:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wonder who’s great grandfather we’ll get a reveal at the end. Price Sr??

Either way I’m stuck with zombies and IW for another year. I really loving hate the ZiS Easter egg. That 3rd SETI defense is not fun at all. I thought about doing the skull and ghosts to maybe have an easier time... but you need to clear the EE as part of it :lol:

What's funny is, you're stuck on the 3rd Seti, I typically crap out around the actual boss fight. My last run, got to the alien... and downed without Perk Insured active. Among other things like "running out of ammo" and "getting double brutes Round 20 DURING THE FIGHT".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Round 20? The poo poo are you doing getting so high on an EE run? You should be starting the boss fight by 11 the earliest, maaaaybe 15 if you really gently caress up?

Anyways I looked up a few videos to see other ways to go about it and one I just saw reminded me of the black hole gun fortune card... of which I have a few laying around. Between that, the boom box and maybe some nades I think I’ll be able to get through the third SETI.

I’m starting to not get sold on scoped dollars. I’m guessing it’s only 3k total? I feel like I get more out of it during collaterals (used in conjunction with eagle eyed). Not that money matters much in the map, at least to get to the EE with the necessary poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just died in ZiS’ EE after beating the alien because I both couldn’t find the fuses where they dropped and I didn’t realize I needed to install them prior to trying to shoot the UFO down.

On the plus side, I found out that if you save Michael Knight for the last phase (or after you die once during the boss) he will revive you unlimited number of times which is often enough to finish the alien off.

Now that I understand every phase of it, it’s really loving annoying but not impossible. I completely destroyed the 3rd SETI phase with gas + boom box + black hole. Started the boss fight at scene 15.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le-BTKd6BV4
An R3K Eclipse with the Particle Amp and Faraday Slug attachments is a three-hit kill? Not if you're Macys! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :fuckoff:
The netcode is such loving poo poo that I literally can't trust anything about the game to be real. It's the gas-lighting husband of video games.

And the "CoD: WW2 Artillery Strike is poo poo" video I promised weeks ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4QiHE5lDM

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 20, 2017

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
The best part of that video is me saying "gotteem" after I set some dudes on fire with my flamethrower.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I am amused at the hitmarkers slowly just plinking away as you reload your Lewis. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WW2 looks real bad, friends. On the plus side, DOOM is coming to the Switch!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thank you Target clearance for this very good mug from a very good game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:siren: you can now open boxes on the callofduty website because????? :siren:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Beta testing for the next game prob.

Ties in to this:

Fine print could tell all.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VscseC-rx-8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looks fun as heck. Also, I am loving DONE with Zombies in Spaceland! Easter Egg completed! Managed to do it in less time and one scene earlier than all my previous attempts. gently caress that alien boss fight, I can't imagine how anyone would do that in co-op.

I can finally start playing in Beast from Beyond and hopefully unlock Director's Cut soon. All those freebies you get are going to be cathartic to use and crush zombies. Should also make key farming even easier.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
New thread is up, Stu killing it as always

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835226&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm down to play either lovely game tonight

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Come on goons, don't make me CoD alone tonight.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Kizurue posted:

I'll be on after I've cooled this chili to nonlethal temperatures and had some.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kizurue posted:

I only just got home. Will be on in twenty-ish (9 Eastern).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I love this game.

• Locked thread