Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is anyone subbing Society Game S2 then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

qbert posted:

Can I find the subbed first Ep of Society Game S2 anywhere? Manually typing in the link in Bumbdi's farewell post didn't work.

https://openload.co/f/m1DiAPpHY0s

it's a bad font

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

l1l1l1l1l1l1l1l1l1

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
efb

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Man what a shame, Bumdi was the loving best for subbing these for this long.

Maybe they will come back if they ever do a Genius Season 5.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

That first ep of Society Game 2 was amazing. I really hope someone else picks up the ball here.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
The last official bumdi subs has some of the best translator notes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Reddit link for episode 2

I'm not getting my hopes up but the Bumdi love on Reddit is strong. If we're going to get any subs, they'll probably get linked there.

:smith:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Two things.

1) Season 3 of Crime Scene isn't in the link I posted above. Did Bundi do it, and if so does anyone know where I can find it?

2) In season 2 episode 8 "Unit 804 Murder" my wife and I were screaming at the damned TV by the end. "Jinho has means, motive, opportunity, and in all other ways is blatantly the killer, but he has an alibi. Sure, the entire plot of this episode is somebody rigging a time delay specifically to fake an alibi, but we won't factor that into our decision at all." - Five Idiots

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ondemandkorea should have season 3 of Crime Scene subbed.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hope on the horizon for Society Game season 2:

https://twitter.com/CASANOVA0115/status/908982213856784384

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Chinese Crime Scene season 3 is starting really soon. There's a lot of teaser videos or something on youtube and what looks like episode zero. Nothing in english yet. Does anyone know how long that usually takes in this case?

Playlist to keep an eye on.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
was season 1 and 2 of chinese crime scene worth watching? i haven't finished watching korean show season 3 yet.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Suspicious Dish posted:

was season 1 and 2 of chinese crime scene worth watching? i haven't finished watching korean show season 3 yet.

Yes. The cases are different and starting in S2 they get WAY out there, in a fun way (supernatural, sci-fi, historical, etc).

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

I find the cast/general show direction to be kinda crass and obnoxious, but that's just personal preference. You might like their brand of humor, I dunno.

The fantasy/sci-fi settings are cool, though. Often these fantasy worlds play by their own rules, so many times the episodes are part crime scene, part world building.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
:siren:GOGOGO:siren:

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/912787855172280320

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Last season I was team MJ. I'm definitely team Potato now.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Awesome that other people enjoy the show enough to pick up where Bumdi left off.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I was watching The Villainess and Kwangjae shows up as a level end boss. It's pretty weird to see him as a bad guy, in SG he's so sweet and humble for a man three times the size of everyone else.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm just kicking this back to page one because SOCIETY GAME.

Good on those Reddit kids, for once.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm just kicking this back to page one because SOCIETY GAME.

Good on those Reddit kids, for once.

Why did you get me excited that Ep 3 had been subbed?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

qbert posted:

Why did you get me excited that Ep 3 had been subbed?

Because nobody else is excited that episode 2 has been subbed :henget:

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Because nobody else is excited that episode 2 has been subbed :henget:

I mean...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sorry? I was away for a while and yay new Society Game? It's just a weirdly low level of activity, though I guess the Survivor thread didn't tune in last week, either.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
when this thread is bumped, and there is no link to S2E3 subs :argh:

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Even though Never Go On Reddit, that seems like it'll be the place where new subbed episodes of Society Game will be announced. Here's a link to search in the right place.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

FYI for anyone interested, Season 3 of Chinese Crime Scene (Who's the Murderer?) has started and the channel posts Eng Subbed versions on YouTube.

Here's Ep 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZn8kWayx6w

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

I've been out of the loop for a while, where does Society Game rank on the Genius/Crime Scene/Jeopardy ladder?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I personally didn't care for it and didn't bother finishing S1. It wasn't very memorable.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The concept is definitely pretty neat and interesting, as a kinda melding of Big Brother and Survivor but it just... sorta didn't work all that well in practice? To me, anyway. It was a fun watch for a couple episodes, but I just sorta forgot about it and never really went back to finish it. I nearly did when I saw s2 was in the works a while back, but I just... didn't. And then I sorta never bothered with s2 either, and not just because it coincided with when bumdy stopped doing stuff, though I'm pretty sure that didn't help (like, in general).

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Highly Unnecessary posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while, where does Society Game rank on the Genius/Crime Scene/Jeopardy ladder?

It was not very good. I finished season 1 but I kinda forced myself to sit through the last few episodes. Zero interest in season two.

I think I like the concept (“Survivor with less starving and more games” is how I think of it) but your time is probably better spent elsewhere.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I thought Society Game S1 was alright, not great but it still had some interesting ideas. S2 seemed to start much stronger imo, but too bad no one is actually subbing it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I enjoyed Society Game quite a bit. It's not as good as The Genius, and the games got a bit stale, but the interaction between the cast is top notch. It got better a few episodes in too, when the cast was smaller and you could see more focused alliances.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I made it through about 3/4 of the season and caught up with the subs, and between then and when the new episodes got done, I lost my desire to see the rest. The problem for me is that I always found the whole social experiment side of the show pretty uninteresting, and while MJ was pretty cool, I found the fact that it was pretty obvious by the halfway point who the final survivors were gonna be kinda took most of the enjoyment out of it. Especially since the games themselves, unlike the ones on Genius, were pretty basic and uninspired too.

So yeah, I'd go Genius then Crime Scene then Jeopardy then a few other things and then Society Game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The social politics in Society Game keep me interested. I think some of the distaste may just be because Korean society is very different from what Westerners are used to, and very nuanced. Some of the maneuvers seem illogical and infuriating, but taken in context they're more fascinating. I can definitely understand hating it if you're in it for interesting challenges, but that's never been why I watch social elimination shows (the challenges being the entire point of The Genius does make that one a bit different).

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The social politics in Society Game keep me interested. I think some of the distaste may just be because Korean society is very different from what Westerners are used to, and very nuanced. Some of the maneuvers seem illogical and infuriating, but taken in context they're more fascinating. I can definitely understand hating it if you're in it for interesting challenges, but that's never been why I watch social elimination shows (the challenges being the entire point of The Genius does make that one a bit different).

Yeah, that's probably the case for me. I don't watch Survivor or Big Brother, but I do watch Amazing Race. So Genius works for me, Society Game doesn't for much the same reasons.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I only saw two episodes of season 2, but the editing is doing a lot of carrying the show. So I'd say... kinda interesting premise, not-that-interesting actual gameplay, great editing to maybe keep enough suspense to keep you watching. Maybe.

I hadn't watched any episodes beyond that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Society game is good because MJ this isn't complicated.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Are there no subbed videos out there of the genius matches from bangshipop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Hey does anyone remember off the top of their head what episode Sangmin came in with the blonde hair and the fur coat? I am looking for an image of it.