Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Libertine posted:

What on earth was the reasoning behind that?
VVvert was interviewed on the BR stream and said they wanted to flex the Jax pick if it got countered top. I'm not sure Rumble is really a "Jax counter" though, unless you were to consider 90% of meta toplaners Jax counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I guess I'm gonna start watching Pro League again since Worlds should probably be entertaining even though I havemt touched the game outside of ARAMS in like months.

What's the meta like, y'all?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Monathin posted:

I guess I'm gonna start watching Pro League again since Worlds should probably be entertaining even though I havemt touched the game outside of ARAMS in like months.

What's the meta like, y'all?

Tanks in top and jungle, mid is a bunch of mages (ori, corki, Cass, taliyah, etc), bot is hypercarries and shield/heal mages because of ardent censer which is broken

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's the old ardent. The new one has twice as much ap and gives them 25 health on hit in addition to attack speed.

Edit; also it increases heal and shield strength,most of which have ap scaling, by 10%

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I haven't played league in probably a year but the meta seems healthier and packing more variety than it has ever been around a WC. The only thing that seems truly ubiquitous is the Gragas.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Tanks in top and jungle, mid is a bunch of mages (ori, corki, Cass, taliyah, etc), bot is hypercarries and shield/heal mages because of ardent censer which is broken

This is pretty good but I think carry tops will be meta by the time tournament ends.

Unfortunately in the play ins there aren't many carry tops. Impact is a mainly tank/bruiser player, present Soaz is also a tank player not like his old days where he only played carries.957 also another teamfighting tank/low econ player.

I think we will know how good carry tops are once guys like Huni/Flame/Khan/Cuvee/Hauntzer play. They tend to prefer the more aggressive picks.

Jungle MIGHT change into more Nid/Lee Sin if carry tops are a thing. To snow ball those picks and win 2v2 top.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You're going to see carry tops and carry junglers, also.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Oh yeah, nid is the exception, that's a good point. She will absolutely be played

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Also support isn't just heal/shield bots, you're definitely still going to see alistar/rakhan/thresh for their playmaking especially if carry tops get played more

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

henkman posted:

Also support isn't just heal/shield bots, you're definitely still going to see alistar/rakhan/thresh for their playmaking especially if carry tops get played more

Ya totally right here. If we see carry tops we are gonna have to see initiation/tankiness come out of jungle or support. Supports like Ali/Rakan/Thresh could be picked for this.

I think we will see two types of teams. Carry tops with dive comps or snowballing junglers for 2v2 top. Or the more safer version which is protect adcs like Kog/Trist with ardent censors.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
how do you guys think nuclear war on the korea peninsula will affect SKT's chances?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Reality Winner posted:

how do you guys think nuclear war on the korea peninsula will affect SKT's chances?

its been really rough on china ever since the country specifically banned all of the korean players and they all went back to korea and formed super teams and were all really good, even better maybe

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I don't have anything to add about yesterday's matches other than thank christ Dire Wolves didn't choke against Team OnE

Also I didn't expect Lyon to be this good, and Gambit to be this bad

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ulio posted:

Ya totally right here. If we see carry tops we are gonna have to see initiation/tankiness come out of jungle or support. Supports like Ali/Rakan/Thresh could be picked for this.

I think we will see two types of teams. Carry tops with dive comps or snowballing junglers for 2v2 top. Or the more safer version which is protect adcs like Kog/Trist with ardent censors.

There's a fair amount of split-push 1-3-1 comps coming out as well. Don't count on Lee Sin showing up more often, against a tanky team as we saw yesterday he just can't do anything whereas Nidalee can still chunk tanks and also be a Censer carrier.

henkman posted:

Don't forget Trundle in support, it was a niche but played thing to counter tanks so it'll probably get played at some point.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I predict Ryze will be coming back in a big way at some point in the tournament too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Mash posted:

I predict Ryze will be coming back in a big way at some point in the tournament too
People are probably going to forget about it until Faker decides to style on whoever the fourth team is in their group using all SKT skins.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Mash posted:

He's already been played once, didn't do much. Also One have booted Brucer for Marf like that was their problem yesterday.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

He's already been played once, didn't do much. Also One have booted Brucer for Marf like that was their problem yesterday.

What, was Brucer hollering at 4lan to build Mobi's? I don't think you're going to pull anyone who can keep up with Jensen out a hat, at this point.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i have decided to stay up to watch a game, maybe two and shitpost itt

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

i have decided to stay up to watch a game, maybe two and shitpost itt

hell yeah!!!!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

People are probably going to forget about it until Faker decides to style on whoever the fourth team is in their group using all SKT skins.

SKT must use the champs with their most recent team skins or they have no honour. SKT Syndra or bust

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i think it was worlds 2015 where faker had the bizarre masteries on ryze that absolutely no one could replicate and he was just bodying people

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ah, the first Elise of the tournament. Gonna be fun seeing 4lan not get an early kill and get 1-shot in the late game like most pro Elise's lately.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

i think it was worlds 2015 where faker had the bizarre masteries on ryze that absolutely no one could replicate and he was just bodying people

That was also the year where kkoma just randomly threw Easyhoon a few games to set him up better in the public eye for his future modeling contract.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

oh hey ryze

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

speak of the devil

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Marf? More like, Barf!!! :xd:

Speaking of Ryze

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not watching this because I'm backstage at my play but just wanted to drop by and promise everyone you're going to be fairly loving sick of ryze by the end of groups.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Work Friend Keven posted:

Not watching this because I'm backstage at my play but just wanted to drop by and promise everyone you're going to be fairly loving sick of ryze by the end of groups.

yep

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lmao brazil

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GGWP

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
lul

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How do you say, "I'm tilted," in Portuguese?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

holy poo poo this is over

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
gg

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

How do you say, "I'm tilted," in Portuguese?

Estou inclinado

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

first as tragedy, then as farce

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

so uh whats the next game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM