Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

And I just want to point out, Bif - you aren't refuting anything of what I am saying. It's hard to because you've already said you agree with my read, since it was your read initially, kind of.

All you've done since I've come in to thread is insist that I am illogical / high. You're very rarely calling me full of crap because I am scum, as you just did with b-minus. I'm full on conspiracy mode right now, and if you REALLY believed me to be scum, you'd be attempting to poke holes in it because you'd be CERTAIN it was me trying to create a false narrative and convince everyone. Why aren't you doing that? Why are you trying for character assassination instead of the logical analysis you usually do?

You're also sitting around acting soooooo confused & slooooow down quiid it's tooo much and man I have never seen you complain so much about people engaging a game. At the same time you are jumping at EVERY chance you can to get distracted or make a funny comment like this thing with flerp right here so you can play the victim or whatever. I almost want to get dunked today because a cold hard Town flip is gonna make you look real loving bad at this point.

And maybe it's just postcount padding because it's D2 and you aren't even in triple digits yet, IN SPITE OF a multi page argument with me on D1. That's not town Bif.

Bif - Scum Godfather
Kasu, b-minus - the rest of the scumteam.

Sorry, derp, truly. I should have seen through Bif rather than letting her distract me with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
do you really think youve only interacted with all scum for most of this day?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp posted:

do you really think youve only interacted with all scum for most of this day?

Considering the following happened, yeah:

Quidnose: Here is my slamdunk case on why B-minus lied
Kasu: are you even reading the thread???
Bminus: lol u aren't reading the thread
Bif: lol there goes quid not reading the thread!
Quidnose: Ok, well, how do you explain the blatant lie I just posted?
Kasu: wait...the blatant lie about...not...challenging the claim?
Quidnose: No, the one where he put him on his "100% town" list which makes no sense. How do the three of you explain that?
b-minus: *vanishes*
*10 minutes go by*
Kasu: well I dunno that's a pretty big contradiction but he could still be town cause he's new. I'm going to bed.
Bif: *a whole bunch of stuff ignoring that statement and calling me bad*

Yeah, I am pretty sure I did.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok cool now im going to bed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can't wait to see if Quid will remember Hal exists

or if Hal will dare poke his head in here again considering

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay one more post and then I am officially pretending to put Quid on ignore. This is why I am not engaging with you as much Quid: you keep asking for more and more and more from me while constantly misreading the most basic things I post.

b-minus1 posted:

TG, that was a nice save yesterday by "claiming" cop. I'm not sure if you're town or not, but I appreciate the effort/protection nonetheless.

Bifauxnen posted:

If binus was really the cop would he seriously have just been all chill about Tobbs' copclaim thinking it was just some helpful gambit? He's "not sure" if Tobbs is town? Hahaha

Quidthulhu posted:

The "not sure" part is what lead me to go digging for this, but it's a direct reaction to his claim post. Easy catch to make. But let's again look at the two times b-minus made lists: :words: :words: :words:

Come on Mr "context clues", you get what you dish out. I am officially done talking to you, for the sake of keeping the game readable. Call it not my normal play all you want, some of us are actually keen on self-reflection despite having a stubborn reputation.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
On that tobbs vote, I didn't read the rules, haha. Didn't know votes were supposed to be done by PM.

My thoughts on the game so far are that Bif and Quid are arguing a lot. Also, b-minus revealing his role is real weird D2. I got a question, though.

Why am I seeing a bif vote in the votecount? It's puzzling me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That's a lot of back and forth I thought that was a D1 thing.

Anyways this is a good game day. B-minus1 outed himself as scum with the worst gambit ever and the doc is still alive. That means we're lynching scum today and I get another cop result tonight so rejoice!

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Holy poo poo this game is absurd.

Quid, stop while you're behind dude. Let's try to start fresh with D3.

I was going to believe bminus at first because I always think Glowku is scum. But now it's pretty obvious that bminus is lying.

Putting myself in bminus' hypothetical shoes for one minute, completely ignoring everything else from D1, I have two huge problems with his claim.

If you are truly the cop, and Todd is scum fakeclaiming, I understand wanting to be cagey and try to fly under the radar, not falling for a direct CC and out yourself early, and I can understand why you wouldn't throw too much direct shade.

But it makes absolutely no sense to open D2 with a CC, and then proceed to try to defend yourself instead of staying on the offensive and railing hard on Todd. Bminus immediately shrank away from discussion, only jumping in to explain a typo over and over, instead of trying to sell the lie.

For all of these reasons, I'll be voting bminus today.

On a side note, can we talk about only 1 kill?

Since it's open setup, we know we have an SK. I'm not sure how strong the doc protect is in this game, but I think it's safe to assume the doc stopped one of the kills, or the mafia and SK targeted the same person.

I don't find it likely that both factions targeted Vector, and I don't even understand why either one would.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Mafia edit: Tobbs*

Please don't lose y'alls poo poo cause my phone auto corrected to Todd.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow it really was terrible scum gambit!

I know Quid can be difficult but he was pretty clearly spot on catching binus and it's weird how many people had a hard time grasping that

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow it really was terrible scum gambit!

I know Quid can be difficult but he was pretty clearly spot on catching binus and it's weird how many people had a hard time grasping that

I don't think anyone believe b minus for any amount of time except me and you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If bmin flips town, big if, but if bmin flips town what do we do then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I don't think anyone believe b minus for any amount of time except me and you.

It's a very odd move, what is so special about glowku that he's worth fakeclaiming over?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dick Bastardly posted:

If he flips town he won't flip cop.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's a very odd move, what is so special about glowku that he's worth fakeclaiming over?

Maybe he was hoping to capitalize on the suspicion of others. I was willing to believe him if his case made any loving sense at all.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Dick Bastardly posted:

He can't be town.
Nothing about his play, his claim, his words, his reasoning.... none of it makes sense.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Town what? Cop? Then kill Tobbs I guess

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

But yeah, if Bminus flips cop, we obviously lynch Tobbs.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I just voted, remember this post. I expect you to do the same.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

Since it's open setup, we know we have an SK. I'm not sure how strong the doc protect is in this game, but I think it's safe to assume the doc stopped one of the kills, or the mafia and SK targeted the same person.

I don't find it likely that both factions targeted Vector, and I don't even understand why either one would.

Bumping this incase it wasn't seen. I'd like to talk about this instead of more "Cop Talk."

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Keep in mind, I'm not fishing for roles here.

If you are doc, please don't claim.

I just want to spitball ideas and get some quality discussion going.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jamuraan posted:

Bumping this incase it wasn't seen. I'd like to talk about this instead of more "Cop Talk."

Does SK only get one shot? Could be why he didn't use it n1

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Quidthulhu posted:

Tobbs has felt off all game to me, and I feel like with how hard he was riding me yesterday + the existence of a godfather in the game he wouldn't immediately go "welp I was wrong about Quid because of MY RESULTS." That's really poor play and he's better than that. Definitely believe b-minus here.

Just gonna quote this one for the lols

Quid's case on me is, no joke, the literal worst I've ever seen in the history of mafia

This is the person whose entire case on me hinges on "well he DID vote Binus yesterday and he DID say he's voting Binus today, BUT HE SHOWED A LITTLE BIT OF DOUBT THAT BINUS WAS LYING, GET THE NOOSE BOYS"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Town what? Cop? Then kill Tobbs I guess

Kill? Not gonna lie this post weirds me out a little.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I'm not really sure what there is to talk about?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Now that you mention it, what is worth talking about is how inane this content is and how you felt the need to draw attention to it to make it look like you're contributing.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kasumeat posted:

Now that you mention it, what is worth talking about is how inane this content is and how you felt the need to draw attention to it to make it look like you're contributing.

It's fair if you think it's not worth talking about. That's part of why I posed the question. But personally, to me, it's worth having a discussion about.

I am not going to get stuck in the quagmire that is this D2 discussion revolving around Quid having a mental breakdown and an obvious fake claim from bminus.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gonna be real smug when Kasu flips scum.

Voting for b-minus, have a good weekend folks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Jamuraan posted:

It's fair if you think it's not worth talking about. That's part of why I posed the question. But personally, to me, it's worth having a discussion about.

I am not going to get stuck in the quagmire that is this D2 discussion revolving around Quid having a mental breakdown and an obvious fake claim from bminus.

You know what? gently caress off, actually. I'm sick and tired of people calling me mentally imbalanced for playing the loving game of mafia.

Sorry Kashuno, this game sucks. Please modkill me. Thanks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I put in two hours of effort last night engaging with people who are probably the scumteam and everyone else has come in, looked at that, and gone "Quidnose is off his rocker." I'm not gonna spend the rest of my time here trying to shout at a wall because nobody will engage with me as a baseline. Think I'm pretty done with playing this game on SA.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Quid, don't let the scums get to you!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nah, I'm done with this game on this forum. It's been like 4 or 5 games in a row that have been really unfun for me so that's that. If Kash doesn't modkill me I'll dump my role PM. Have a good one, y'all should really be ashamed of your play tactics this game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
You quitting is another notch on their belt :(

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok, obviously I am not the cop. I decided to fakeclaim cop for two reasons: I wanted to generate some legitimate discussion, specifically by prodding UTR players; we are down two town players with a SK still alive. So I fakeclaimed that my investigation revealed that Glowku was ‘Not Town’. I was actually torn between Glowku and Flerp, two players who almost never post anything of substance. The idea was to get them to have to defend themselves and/or post legitimate reads. I chose Glowku because I was suspicious of him yesterday, so it would make sense as cop to follow that lead.
And you know what? It actually worked. Call it a derail if you want, but I ‘m pretty happy with the discussion that my fakeclaim has generated. Hell, even flerp made a few constructive posts. What disappoints me the most is that Glowku never had a chance to refute my claim. Tobbs immediately counterclaimed, which I sort of expected. Unfortunately, too much has happened since my claim, so if Glowku actually is scum, he no longer has to worry about being on anyone’s scumdar. He could just show up and tell me to suck his dick again and nobody would even think twice about it. So that sucks. But what I did not expect was for Quid to tunnel me this hard haha. I definitely didn’t see that coming at all. But I like it, a lot.

Why did I do it? We are playing in a new (to me) mafia format, where days are 48 hrs long, votes aren’t revealed until EOD, and there is no hammer. So why not give it a shot? What I find weird is that a few of you guys, including people I’ve played multiple games with, find my posts to be out of character. It’s strange because I’ve always played with a ‘go big or go home’ style. Hell, even typos or other fuckups that draw unwanted suspicion towards me are typical of my posts. When have I ever played conservatively in a small mafia game? (I was overwhelmed by the 25 person sega game, so I’ll give you that)

Just to finish this post, my top scum reads are Quid and Glowku. But we still have 1 day, 6 hours until EOD. Let’s make it a good one.

Ok, that’s enough for now.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh my god

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'll admit I skipped everything after "Ok, obviously I'm not the cop." If you didn't think countering tobbs would look like anything other than you trying to shade and dunk the real cop then... I mean that's anti town AF.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
why fake claim as cop in a game where are two night kills you basically guarantee a townie gets lynched this day wtffffffffffffff

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont even loving care if ur a townie anymore that was EASILY the worst loving play to make as town ever like jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Quidthulhu, Vanilla Town, has quit.

• Locked thread