Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Why wait? Do it now you little bitch boy. loving do it. Do it.

I'm sorry none of you understand "math." Jesus your world's must be frightening places to live in what being filled with devilry and witchcraft.

As I will not live to see the morning, I am compelled to tell the cop--who I know for a fact exists-- do not reveal yourself next round. There won't be a doctor to protect you. I don't want to give too much away before the axe drops but..

I A M T H E D O C T O R

It's been real, guys. Real dumb.

If there is any Jail guys that would be great to nail down. Who did you protect night 1 T-Rex and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Cool. Anyone want to counterclaim? If there is another doctor, a Jailkeeper, or a back-up, T-Rex is lying.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
If I read the setup right, if there is a backup they might not know that they are backup yet. Also everyone should check in so nobody can say they missed a chance to counterclaim I think.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Why wait? Do it now you little bitch boy. loving do it. Do it.

I'm sorry none of you understand "math." Jesus your world's must be frightening places to live in what being filled with devilry and witchcraft.

As I will not live to see the morning, I am compelled to tell the cop--who I know for a fact exists-- do not reveal yourself next round. There won't be a doctor to protect you. I don't want to give too much away before the axe drops but..

I A M T H E D O C T O R

It's been real, guys. Real dumb.

hello i am one of the frightened withbelievers that you are being a dick to

i will happily change my vote if you can use this "math" to point out a better option

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
witch-believers, that should say. lmbo what a dummy pls guide me with your superior intellect, trex

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
For the record, it doesn't work as great anymore because I had to reveal myself. But here goes.

There are seven us. A random lynching gave us a 1 in 7 chance of getting it correct. If the cop had revealed both themself and the the person they investigated then that number drops to 1 in 5. Which is better than 1 in 7. The doctor, myself, could quietly protect the cop from being killed each night.

In the event that today we tried to lynch the doctor, which we did, I could reveal myself and then the number of possible candidates drops to 1 in 4. We know that the mafia would kill me because that's the only way to eventually get to the cop. But next turn, the cop would have investigated someone else and then we're down to 1 in 3 with three remaining players we know who are 100% not the mafia. We lynch. IF we're wrong, the mafia kills the cop. But now we have a 50/50 shot of killing the mafia on the next turn. Just by pure chance.

1/2 > 1/7

Math

It's a strategy where we knowingly sacrifice ourselves for the greater good. Also, the situation above is literally the worst case scenario. If you guys didn't try to lynch me in the first round post-reveal then I can continue to protect the cop until the mafia gets lucky. And the mafia would be stuck between picking off the people he knows are town and trying to find me.

Again, it doesn't super work anymore. It also doesn't work if the cop decided to investigate Sebmojo since he was killed.

If the cop investigated Sebmojo, they should not reveal. Otherwise, they still could. It's just not as smart.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tyrannosaurus posted:

For the record, it doesn't work as great anymore because I had to reveal myself. But here goes.

There are seven us. A random lynching gave us a 1 in 7 chance of getting it correct. If the cop had revealed both themself and the the person they investigated then that number drops to 1 in 5. Which is better than 1 in 7. The doctor, myself, could quietly protect the cop from being killed each night.

In the event that today we tried to lynch the doctor, which we did, I could reveal myself and then the number of possible candidates drops to 1 in 4. We know that the mafia would kill me because that's the only way to eventually get to the cop. But next turn, the cop would have investigated someone else and then we're down to 1 in 3 with three remaining players we know who are 100% not the mafia. We lynch. IF we're wrong, the mafia kills the cop. But now we have a 50/50 shot of killing the mafia on the next turn. Just by pure chance.

1/2 > 1/7

Math

It's a strategy where we knowingly sacrifice ourselves for the greater good. Also, the situation above is literally the worst case scenario. If you guys didn't try to lynch me in the first round post-reveal then I can continue to protect the cop until the mafia gets lucky. And the mafia would be stuck between picking off the people he knows are town and trying to find me.

Again, it doesn't super work anymore. It also doesn't work if the cop decided to investigate Sebmojo since he was killed.

If the cop investigated Sebmojo, they should not reveal. Otherwise, they still could. It's just not as smart.

Hold on didn't you see my whole math post? If the cop revealed we had 3 instances where we couldn't win. The mafia played had a 1/6 chance of the doctor getting lynched, a 1/6 chance of just murdering the doctor or a 1/6 chance of murdering the guy the cop investigated.

Look back and see my post man. The math was already done.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Hold on didn't you see my whole math post? If the cop revealed we had 3 instances where we couldn't win. The mafia played had a 1/6 chance of the doctor getting lynched, a 1/6 chance of just murdering the doctor or a 1/6 chance of murdering the guy the cop investigated.

Look back and see my post man. The math was already done.

The mafia played had a 1/7[chance of the doctor getting lynched, a 1/6 chance of just murdering the doctor or a 1/6 chance of murdering the guy the cop investigated.

Any of these results being hit will result iin the cop being killed before the last round and the last round being 3 people with no knowledge of who is who

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Are you prepared as I break down the whole "Cop" reveal strategy. I'm not good at writing but I am good at math and stuff. QPQ do you want to comment on this as I trust you the most.

Round A: DOCTOR FORCED TO REVEAL (IF doctor is about to die, go to this plan)
7 people left
5 under suspicion (Revealed: cop, doctor)
#1 suspicios dies
mafia kills doctor
cop reveals foobar

5 people left
3 under suspicios (Revealed: Cop,foobar)
#1 dies
Mafia kills cop

3 people left
2 under suspicions (Revealed: foobar)

Very interesting! Ill come up with stats if we are with a Town Roleblocker next

It.. doesn't work out man. It's the more aggressive option for sure but it's a lame strategy.. Especially now that you revealed.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
If the mafia kills the person the person the cop is investigating it still lowers the total number of people that could be mafia for us to lynch.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tyrannosaurus posted:

If the mafia kills the person the person the cop is investigating it still lowers the total number of people that could be mafia for us to lynch.

Who did you choose to protect turn 1.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Like...

Under the reveal strategy
If the mafia doesn't kill me tonight and decides to kill someone else, there is a 100% chance they won't kill the cop. They can't. Even if the cop and the mafia aim for the same person, the number of people who could be the mafia goes down.

But I guess farting accusations into the wind is cool too

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Exmond posted:

Who did you choose to protect turn 1.

The person I think is the cop

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I want to hear other peoples opinions. I think if T-Rex is the doctor that we should be suspicious of QPQ. We should do the math to see if the cop should reveal next round too.

Only risk we have right now is T-Rex gets lynched (Doctor down) and then the mafia player gets the Cop...

There is another.. very risky.. strategy we could do. it assumes T-Rex is telling the truth.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i kinda wish Yronic would check in, since currently it seems we DO have a doctor/cop setup and not a jailkeeper (since at this point, couldn't that person claim their role and contradict trex?)

Like I guess I just wish we could hear from everyone before we make a choice, but I think we're running out of time

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Here's how you prove I'm not telling the truth:

1) Someone claims to be the doctor
2) Someone claims to be the jailer

No one will. Because

t h e y a r e n t

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
that's fine, but I would like everyone to be here to confirm that, which currently isn't the case

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Ill be honest I'm most suspicious of

QPQ -- Is able to lead everyone
Yronic -- Constantly going after the easy target (ME), is acting like a new player but has 3 games under their belt, hardly every justifies their arguments

But both of my suspicions have problems

QPQ -- Is leading us yes, but leading us towards victory! Unless he and Byronic decided to run a "long con" I don't think has weight.
Yronic -- Well, I mean they are targeting me.

I have no read on Thran guy or Muffin.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
If we assume trex is telling the truth...would it work out, mathematically, to lynch someone who knows they're innocent/useless? And then have the cop reveal? We know the mafia would probably take out the doctor tonight, but that would narrow it down a whole lot, right?

if that works I volunteer for slaughter

if not i'll shut up b/c i'm still learning about this game :unsmith:

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Sitting Here posted:

If we assume trex is telling the truth...would it work out, mathematically, to lynch someone who knows they're innocent/useless? And then have the cop reveal? We know the mafia would probably take out the doctor tonight, but that would narrow it down a whole lot, right?

if that works I volunteer for slaughter

if not i'll shut up b/c i'm still learning about this game :unsmith:

It depends on if the cop investigated Sebmojo. If the cop investigated literally anyone else then we know 3 out of the 7 remaining players are in the clear. and can work accordingly.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Here's how you prove I'm not telling the truth:

1) Someone claims to be the doctor
2) Someone claims to be the jailer

No one will. Because

t h e y a r e n t

Crap, it doesn't work out, we need to lynch someone. I'm putting the hammer down in an hour since ill be gone when the timer rolls over.

Round C:
T-rex dead and was doctor
Cop is NOT dead
Cop Round A Investigation is dead
Cop Round B Investigation is alive (Friendly A)
5 people left
Cop Reveals, Cop also reveals friendly
3 people under suspicion (Revealed: Cop, Friendly A)
Cop + friendly work together

Round D:
Cop dies
2 people under suspicion (friendly, X, Y)

Round B:
T-rex dead and was doctor
Cop is NOT dead
Cop Round A Investigation is alive (Friendly A)
Cop Round B Investigation is alive (Friendly B)
5 people left
2 people under suspicion (Cop, Friendly A, Friendly B)
Cop and Friendlys work together

Round C:
Cop dies
1 people under suspicion (Friendly A, Friendly B)

Round B:
WE DONT KILL T-REX
T-rex dies and is doctor (mafia death)
Cop Round A Investigation is dead
Cop Round B Investigation is alive (Friendly A)
6 people left,
4 people under suspcion (Cop, Friendly A)

Round C:
Cop dies
4 people left
3 people under suspicion (Friendly A)

Round D:
2 people left
Victory for mafia if they are alive

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I believe T. rex because there hasn't been a counter claim. I really think someone should unvote.

I am getting suspicious of sitting here. Posts read like someone trying a little hard to sound town. Didn't vote for minus1. I suppose muffin could have hammered minus1 to stay above suspicion but doesn't read as scummy to me.

I believe Tranguy is low effort town.

Ex still seems scummy to me but I think I would switch my vote to sh. I assume ex will get investigated sooner or later if we have a cop, which we apparently do if we believe this is a cop/doc setup.

Like everyone i trust QPQ. Hard to believe they would sacrifice a scum bro so quickly.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

holy loving poo poo, shut up about math and play the goddamn game

t-rex, who do you think is suspicious? i ask because your only contributions to the thread have been yelling at people who think you are suspicious and yelling about aforementioned ~~~math~~~

Exmond posted:

Ill be honest I'm most suspicious of

QPQ -- Is able to lead everyone
Yronic -- Constantly going after the easy target (ME), is acting like a new player but has 3 games under their belt, hardly every justifies their arguments

But both of my suspicions have problems

QPQ -- Is leading us yes, but leading us towards victory! Unless he and Byronic decided to run a "long con" I don't think has weight.
Yronic -- Well, I mean they are targeting me.

I have no read on Thran guy or Muffin.

do you have any suspicions that aren't based around "guy voted for me" or followed by huge, blinking asterisks.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

goooooood drat in

##unvote

waiting for a counterclaim.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
If we think trex is the doctor, then kill me

##unvote (do i need to specify trex?)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
like, stabs in the dark will take a lot of time and I don't want to accidentally hit the cop or something

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHA

There is a way out but it is a gamble. I'll roll the dice.

If T-rex is telling the truth he should know his next move, especially if he is the doctor.
If Muffin triggers T-Rex's death, then Muffin is mafia (I doubt it muffin is mafia.)

My bet is nobody dies this round, Ill explain the gamble next round.

##vote yronic heroism

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHA

There is a way out but it is a gamble. I'll roll the dice.

If T-rex is telling the truth he should know his next move, especially if he is the doctor. (Think why it's a gamble)
If Muffin triggers T-Rex's death, then Muffin is mafia (I doubt it muffin is mafia.)

My bet is nobody dies this round, Ill explain the gamble next round.

##vote yronic heroism

Oh I uhh I won't vote if that's an option.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Like...

Under the reveal strategy
If the mafia doesn't kill me tonight and decides to kill someone else, there is a 100% chance they won't kill the cop. They can't. Even if the cop and the mafia aim for the same person, the number of people who could be the mafia goes down.

But I guess farting accusations into the wind is cool too

You know what? I'm okay with this since we have a credible doc claim from you. I am the cop. Thranguy is confirmed town.

I am willing to back off ex for now and ask folks to consider no hammer.

##unvote

EXMOND IF YOU ARE TOWN DO NOT HAMMER THE DOC!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

"Sitting Here as Scum" is an interesting theory. I agree with yonic that some of her recent posts have bad ~~vibes.~~ The constant qualifying of actions with "im new" could be scum trying to explain away inconsistencies in behavior. Her two most recent posts, in particular, give me pause.

Hm.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

yronic heroism posted:

You know what? I'm okay with this since we have a credible doc claim from you. I am the cop. Thranguy is confirmed town.

##unvote

oh waht the fuc

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

yronic heroism posted:

##unvote

yronic did you investigate sebmojo round 1?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Exmond posted:

Investigated Thranguy, who is town

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
vote me, but the cop should investigate QPQ asap

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

That's why I kept saying Thranguy seemed cool in my posts today, I was trying to leave breadcrumbs in case scum killed me tonight.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Wait we WIN!!!!!!!
We need to lynch someone, everyone vote exmond

WE NEED TO KILL ME TO WIN, WE NEED TO HAVE 5 PEOPLE LEFT ROUND C

7 people left
Thran, T-rex,yronic
4 suspicious

5 peple left
Thran,yronic, Friendly A
2 suspicious

3 peoople left
Thran, Firendly A
WIN

##vote exmond

Seb mojo im coming to see you!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Unless it is scum running a Hail Mary and depending on inactivity, I don't see yronic or T-Rex as scum. I considered his original claim to be a desperation play, but the lack of any counter-claims makes me more comfortable. I'm still mad about him not providing any reads in the thread and getting angry every time someone accuses him of something.

I trust yronic because I don't see scum making a claim when they aren't under any pressure.

I'm leaning toward Sitting Here as a lynch if Thranguy really has been investigated and vindicated. Exmond's posts read to me like a new player getting the ropes. Muffin, while not hugely active today, struck me as trustworthy yesterday. His actions seemed logical and I could understand his thinking

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
##Vote sitting here

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Sitting Here posted:

##Vote sitting here

yo, don't do that

Exmond posted:

##vote exmond