Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Edit: dumb joke that shouldnt have been said.

Haha nah that was funny af

But I feel really bad about my joke in the drunk thread now I'm sorry McNally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Gonna be honest, my sense of humor is broken and I'm swinging wildly between "that's funny" and "gently caress YOU IN THE NECK rear end in a top hat"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Also that joke in the drunk thread was funny as gently caress no matter what my mood so don't feel bad about that one.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

McNally posted:

Gonna be honest, my sense of humor is broken and I'm swinging wildly between "that's funny" and "gently caress YOU IN THE NECK rear end in a top hat"

That might actually be a healthy response? I don't know, my sense of everything is miscalibrated

Sorry this happened to you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

M_Gargantua posted:

That might actually be a healthy response? I don't know, my sense of everything is miscalibrated

Sorry this happened to you

We are Veterans. All of our sense of everything is miscalibrated.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
maybe a dumb joke but you know some commander in some unit somewhere has asked about suicide awareness training before asking anything else when a soldier in their unit killed themselves.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

maybe a dumb joke but you know some commander in some unit somewhere has asked about suicide awareness training before asking anything else when a soldier in their unit killed themselves.

That's literally what happened when my wife attempted suicide and her unit tried to get access to resources to help her.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My best bud just went into an inpatient program. He's the last of my friends alive. This poo poo sucks. (Sorry about stepping on your toes McNally. I don't have anyone to tell anymore)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Can I ask what for? That sucks and I hope he recovers fully.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

All I know is is that he and his wife separated and it's complicated because they have a DEERS daughter. I feel like that loving scene in SLC Punk where the protagonist is freaking out because Heroin Bob OD'd. I'm glad he's getting help, I just feel useless not being able to be there for him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

My best bud just went into an inpatient program. He's the last of my friends alive. This poo poo sucks. (Sorry about stepping on your toes McNally. I don't have anyone to tell anymore)

That sucks, man. I hope your buddy is okay.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

In a really hard place right now. My father works for the Division of Forestry (Florida no less) and is a federal first responder to national disasters. He is being sent to Orlando, or is in Orlando already, to brave Irma with thousands of other unfortunate aid workers. My step mother is not able to evacuate but might be OK because they live near the NW Panhandle. If the storm changes, which it might, that could mean a lot of bad things. Mainly the big observation tower for forest fires in the immediate vicinity of their house.

I've been up all night preparing for the worst. I already said "good-bye" just in case the worst happens. I gave them words of encouragement that I'll make it out there and the hopes that we can laugh about this later.

I want to believe that, but I feel deep down that my dad might not make it back.

I have a really bad feeling.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Finally caught up the thread.

So....McNally is a depression angel of death?
Maybe he could a start a service to stay away from happy people or ELSE.

Florida is a state of mind to some, a humid hell on earth to others, and a place to live for roughly 21 million people + 10 Billion mosquitoes.
Soulex, I hope your family makes it through the hurricanes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

In a really hard place right now. My father works for the Division of Forestry (Florida no less) and is a federal first responder to national disasters. He is being sent to Orlando, or is in Orlando already, to brave Irma with thousands of other unfortunate aid workers. My step mother is not able to evacuate but might be OK because they live near the NW Panhandle. If the storm changes, which it might, that could mean a lot of bad things. Mainly the big observation tower for forest fires in the immediate vicinity of their house.

I've been up all night preparing for the worst. I already said "good-bye" just in case the worst happens. I gave them words of encouragement that I'll make it out there and the hopes that we can laugh about this later.

I want to believe that, but I feel deep down that my dad might not make it back.

I have a really bad feeling.

I'm with you man. My whole family is in Tampa. I've tried to convince them to get out but they won't/can't. I even offered to pay whatever necessary without needing to be paid back to get some of my family members out because they are too broke to leave, but they won't take me up on the offer.

I hope your dad makes it out alright, man. This is some scary poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Finally caught up the thread.

So....McNally is a depression angel of death?
Maybe he could a start a service to stay away from happy people or ELSE.

Florida is a state of mind to some, a humid hell on earth to others, and a place to live for roughly 21 million people + 10 Billion mosquitoes.
Soulex, I hope your family makes it through the hurricanes.

Yeah, my life is pretty awful.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
A real modern day Job

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Positivity guys & prayers for your fam.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Parents made it through. Dad is helping lead like 8000 people through rescue efforts. He has MREs that expired in 2014. Se la vi

My mom did ok too. Irma split between where they were, and I was super panicked because Irma kept shooting that gap between Cuba and looked like it was gonna hit the NW panhandle until Cuba stood up and took a beating.

My dad is helping so until he gets out, I won't feel great. But at least they're alive.

Unlike the two people who decided to brace the goddamn storm, in the keys, in a boat.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Edit: Nope started drinking and feel better.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 12, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Careful about that.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Call me optimistic, but maybe he's drinking more water like you're supposed to in the desert?

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Drinking doesn't make you feel better. It makes you care less.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

Drinking doesn't make you feel better. It makes you care less.

This. I stopped drinking when I tried to convince a girl I work with to go gently caress around with me while her husband was in the field (I know) at a bar where my pregnant wife was also hanging out with me. She caught me after I told her to go home and I would catch a cab. I realized afterwards that I needed to stop, and I was about to destroy everything in my life. It's very possible that if I hadn't been rejected, she would have walked in with me and other girl face loving each other.

I still can drink beer and not feel guilty. But it made me get my poo poo together. Now I just don't want it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Weed helped me quit drinking so much. Still get the urge to keep drinking whenever I get a buzz going, but now I have the self control to know I should stop before I reach depressing drunk.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I never had a problem with alcohol. Stupid poo poo would just coincidently happen when I got drunk.

So I stopped. I have a beer every now and then but most of the time I crack it open, take a sip and forget about it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I met the woman who got my wife’s heart today. I got to hear my wife’s heartbeat through a stethoscope.

Then I went to a reunion of my high school class. It was nice seeing old friends, some of whom I’ve known since elementary school. Being around people was probably the thing I needed most today.

Now I’m sitting alone in my room thinking about how all of them were there with their boyfriends/girlfriends or husbands/wives.

gently caress this is hard.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

McNally posted:

I met the woman who got my wife’s heart today. I got to hear my wife’s heartbeat through a stethoscope.

Then I went to a reunion of my high school class. It was nice seeing old friends, some of whom I’ve known since elementary school. Being around people was probably the thing I needed most today.

Now I’m sitting alone in my room thinking about how all of them were there with their boyfriends/girlfriends or husbands/wives.

You can make it through this McNally

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

McNally posted:

:smith:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
McNally, how you doing today buddy?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Syrian Lannister posted:

McNally, how you doing today buddy?

Tired. Drained. Lonely.

Also a little worried about the three different papers due this week.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You got this, dude.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Edit: Nevermind.

AkrisD fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 26, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey what are the downfalls of getting a mmj perscription?

i went to the va last week to get looked over again for ptsd. Doctor said yep. Getting looked at by mental health on Thursday, and been talking seriously with the wife about it. She's for it, but I want to know what I'm looking at before I get added to the list.

i know weapons are a no-no. im fine with that. never fired a weapon outside of the army, prolly never will again.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are you doing anything that requires a clearance?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not at all

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Smoke weed every day then.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So if a psychiatrist says I a soldier I know have ADHD, is that a medical discharge or???

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey what are the downfalls of getting a mmj perscription?

i went to the va last week to get looked over again for ptsd. Doctor said yep. Getting looked at by mental health on Thursday, and been talking seriously with the wife about it. She's for it, but I want to know what I'm looking at before I get added to the list.

i know weapons are a no-no. im fine with that. never fired a weapon outside of the army, prolly never will again.

You won't be getting it through the VA doc, some still look down on it (my psychiatrist)

I am currently doing an informative speech on medical marijuana and it's applications and am mainly focusing on the opioid aspect of it but can link you peer reviewed publications concerning that and applications into types of anxiety disorders as well.

Big advocate for it but keep in mind it's still a substance you are using to alleviate an issue and therefore must be respected.

Don't go full retard, you'll spiral out of control.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

So if a psychiatrist says I a soldier I know have ADHD, is that a medical discharge or???

No. Maybe if it was a larger indicator like PTSD. I was diagnosed with ADHD and clinical depression for years before I got diagnosed with PTSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Probably not unless it's super severe if I had to guess. Plenty of people stay in with depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc. so I dunno why they'd kick you out for ADHD. I had a medical waiver for it from the Army even.