Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
This story ends with, "It was all a dream."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I'm going to regret this.

Ok so here's the way I see it.

Chris Roberts is selling used cars. Some guy correctly assumes he's been ripped off and shows up at the dealership. Seeking revenge, he fires a ten inch nail out of a nail gun and hits Chris right in the back of the head.

Suddenly he realizes that he can make the best space sim ever and also that he now needs a toupee.

His divisive brain doesn't know what to do. Do we actually make this game or do we use our existing skillset as hustlers? His left side says yes, make the game, and do it all. His right says gently caress it, sell them the undercoating.

When he approaches his wife about his dilemma she lifts his toupee and drives the nail deeper into the left side of his brain.

“You promised me I'd be rich and famous,” she says. “You can't do that by making a video game.”

cool!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Is he planning to sue Jobbo once Star Citizen releases?
Perhaps the white knights can join CIG and start a class action against Derek and the trolls for fraud (of the worst type) and defamation.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the goons who think the guy jacking off to anime games is lamer than the guy screencapping another person's steam library to win an internet fight.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Win, lose, it's all shitposting to me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the goons who think the guy jacking off to anime games is lamer than the guy screencapping another person's steam library to win an internet fight.

Be careful now, you are close to attacking half of the regulars.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Thread's weird again

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I shouldn't say "again"

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
Tane.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Last reply since removed

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

can get into

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

and for the mutlitasker that is doing both?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

What is wrong with jacking off to anime games?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s disrespectful to glorious nippon

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Gravity_Storm posted:

I think they are desperately trying to get 3.0 shat out in some form before CitizenCon. If they dont they may as well cancel the show, because unless Mae Demming comes out of retirement they've got jack diddly poo poo all to show.

They will deliver half of 3.0 with the rest coming 'next week' and then quietly forget about it and start plugging 3.1.

Im excited to see 3.0 and hope they do another live demo.
Another live 3.0 demo? When was the first?

I haven't seen any indication they've got anything approaching a functional 3.0 with moons. Most they've shown is editor nonsense and tightly scripted Gamescom bullshot demos.

No doubt they'd like to get something they can call 3.0 out before Citcon but the fact they've been busy distracting the cultists with stupid poo poo like licensed face tracking and ATC nonsense indicates they're not going to be able to do so. Unless, of course, they resort to releasing the Gamescom floor demo planetoid map. That would be an absolute last resort though, because they wouldn't be able to hide behind the excuse that they need to reset the server every ten minutes so people would quickly realize it's just a map.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
GamesCon demo was ‘live enough’ for comedy purposes whatever the bullshot reality of it. Anything fragile enough to require a complete reset and then running through the exact same steps and the giving us the glorious ramp moment is a gift from CIG and we shouldn't spend too much time wondering how real it was. Real enough to break. That’s what I want from CitCon.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dante80 posted:

What is wrong with jacking off to anime games?

Well, it depends on which anime game, doesn't it?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

trucutru posted:

What about rubbing to anime games? Is there a legal distinction here or what?

I'm asking for a friend.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/ut1Odoa.gifv

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
If they are moving all those bugs, some of which they once deemed as severe, to later builds in order to push something to their avocados soon, then wouldn't the avocados report all those bugs back to them?

I bet they either ignore avocados feedback altogether, (so giving them a build would be only to shut some mouths up), or they are using the unforeseen flow of excessively redundant bugs reported as a convenient excuse for further delays.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't google steamchris18

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

trucutru posted:

That is a preposterous notion.

I mean, we are talking about anime games here!

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 25, 2017

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

AbstractNapper posted:

I bet they either ignore avocados feedback altogether, (so giving them a build would be only to shut some mouths up), or they are using the unforeseen flow of excessively redundant bugs reported as a convenient excuse for further delays.
I think it's pretty clear that the Evocati thing is meant to simply be a temporary stand-in for visible progress and a speedbump for customer dissatisfaction. poo poo's still broke but it's been so long since any kind of update that even the zealots are starting to mutter? Time to throw whatever they've got out to the avocados so CIG can say "Look! We did it! ...sort of!", and voila, they get a few more weeks to do the "We're busy smashing bugs and you, our loyal players, are helping us to get this patch out Soon (so stop complaining, you loving snowflakes)" routine while they desperately try to claw something together that will mostly work by whatever steadily-lowering standards they're using now.

The success of an Evocati release is measured by how well it placates CIG's unhappy customers and by how long it keeps them quietly waiting for a patch, not by anything that's actually done during it.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

AlbieQuirky posted:

There are at least four Derek Smarts in the US, according to the ten-second Intelius search I could be bothered to do. Star Citizens are terrible at searching the Internet.

There are like 40 Derek Smarts in this thread alone, Derek.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Trilobite posted:

I think it's pretty clear that the Evocati thing is meant to simply be a temporary stand-in for visible progress and a speedbump for customer dissatisfaction. poo poo's still broke but it's been so long since any kind of update that even the zealots are starting to mutter? Time to throw whatever they've got out to the avocados so CIG can say "Look! We did it! ...sort of!", and voila, they get a few more weeks to do the "We're busy smashing bugs and you, our loyal players, are helping us to get this patch out Soon (so stop complaining, you loving snowflakes)" routine while they desperately try to claw something together that will mostly work by whatever steadily-lowering standards they're using now.

The success of an Evocati release is measured by how well it placates CIG's unhappy customers and by how long it keeps them quietly waiting for a patch, not by anything that's actually done during it.

The whole evocati thing works like a pressure valve for the community. Leaks from them keep the general populace ecstatic, CIG takes their time to unfuck the build without backers screaming at them, the evocati only leak good things because they don't want to lose their priviledge and everyone gets hyped for the PTU release.

It is a pretty ingenious concept, from a marketing point of view. Especially since everyone has already paid for alpha access, and suddenly doesn't care much about it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

There are like 40 Derek Smarts in this thread alone, Derek.

I'll fight them all.

Anyone watch the new trek? Is Chris gunna watch it and try and introduce an element from it into Star Citizen??? If you respond to this with specifics, please please please use spoiler tags for those folks who give a poo poo about trek.

So, Crobberts could have something to do with a ship lined with coffins, a spacesuit that is guided by another person or something, or maybe putting planting a bomb on a crate before it gets picked up by another player? Of course this is all gunna be theorycrafting from Crobberts, apart from the coffin ship, which will be a high priced jpeg. Also, I didn't watch the trailer for the third episode because I hate trailers, but I seriously hope we get to see some ferengi. Ferengi bring me so much loving joy you have no idea.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177354011?t=01m30s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177354011?t=31m24s

AP fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 25, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

If you make anime illegal, people will just make anime in their bathtubs.

AbstractNapper posted:

If they are moving all those bugs, some of which they once deemed as severe, to later builds in order to push something to their avocados soon, then wouldn't the avocados report all those bugs back to them?

The avocados can't report bugs in a feature if that feature is removed entirely! :pseudo:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Latin Pheonix posted:

If you make anime illegal, people will just make anime in their bathtubs.

Get in the everclear shinji

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Mr.Tophat posted:

Get in the everclear shinji

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

He's trying way too hard.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goddamn that show was stupid as hell, even for an anime.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

If Star Marine has around 17 players average....ain't that basically all the streamers, and that's it?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dooguk posted:

Just another episode of gameplay brew.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Meridian posted:

Goddamn that show was stupid as hell, even for an anime.

Mods?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

If Beet doesn't agree with me he should be banned.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Dooguk posted:

Part of me thinks that this is really all an act to show how bad SC is to viewers. Another part of me thinks that this is really what this guy thinks.

Either way it's hilarious.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

If Star Marine has around 17 players average....ain't that basically all the streamers, and that's it?

It's 3 tweets worth.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/911651763010310144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

New Star Trek was so bad I cannot accurately describe it. It looked as good as a movie but holy geez that script. I also feel like they forgot to install some lights on the ships it was csi levels of dark sets lit only by monitors lmao