Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Well, to be fair he's been off TV for weeks leading into a program with Dolph Ziggler so even time travelling to GFW might seem like a better option at the moment.

WWE actually pays him though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

They were doing in the 7000 range in 2013 before their ratings really started to collapse (and Spike cancelled them).

If you asked me to pull a number out of my rear end, I'd guess somewhere in the 1000 range for the live story-relevant PPVs nowadays.

The production company who done one of their PPVs was suing for 100k. So they better be getting a couple thousand if they want to break even.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Well, to be fair he's been off TV for weeks leading into a program with Dolph Ziggler so even time travelling to GFW might seem like a better option at the moment.

I know Dolph sucks but let's not say anything we'll regret later.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Billy got the NWA

NWA Impact coming soon

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol really? I thought it turned out wwe owned it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol really? I thought it turned out wwe owned it

No, not even close to true.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Billy got the NWA

NWA Impact coming soon

Anthem challenges it in court, then we find out Anthem didn't trademark "Impact". But then we find out that Billy paid money to the rights holders but forgot to specify the money was actually for those rights.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

Anthem challenges it in court, then we find out Anthem didn't trademark "Impact". But then we find out that Billy paid money to the rights holders but forgot to specify the money was actually for those rights.

In the middle of the lawsuit Jeff Jarrett is able to get the rights to the NWA after the judge rules in his favor on the grounds of "Ain't he great?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Which of course leaves it wide open for appeal.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

Which of course leaves it wide open for appeal.

Reby Hardy files said appeal and manages to get the NWA name, footage, and branding held up in legal limbo for the foreseeable future.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No loving way. Billy is really gonna try this again, isn't he?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What does this mean for the NWA's 55 year old champion Tim "The Perfect" Storm? Can he please be in a gauntlet for the gold or a reverse battle royal or something?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Billy Corgan will get along with and respect his fellow wrestler-musicians. Put the title on Stro, the Maestro of Wrestling.

Ooooooooooh la la

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

What does this mean for the NWA's 55 year old champion Tim "The Perfect" Storm? Can he please be in a gauntlet for the gold or a reverse battle royal or something?

He teased a feud with Magnus at an indy taping this weekend

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

Put the title on Stro, the Maestro of Wrestling.

Ooooooooooh la la

:yeah:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

And we think the Roman push is sad.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Every time I think the saga of TNA has finally reached the limits of absurdity, these fuckers double down. :psyduck:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

Tim Storm's massive roid gut teased a feud with Magnus at an indy taping this weekend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

A battle of two can't-miss prospects to see who will lead the NWA into the future.

In the background, Bram waits for his moment to strike.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was the last can't miss propect(s) that actually panned out? Orton, Brock, Cena and Batista?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Randaconda posted:

What was the last can't miss propect(s) that actually panned out? Orton, Brock, Cena and Batista?

In TNA? You can hardly say anyone panned out given the state of the company, but if I had to pick someone it'd probably be Lashley. Big Traps is real good now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love how much Billy hates his own money and how he will stop at nothing to make sure he gets rid of it all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you'd have to put some extra pizazz on a Magnus/Tim Storm match in 2017.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Well I'll be God damned. Haven't checked into the old pagoda in a long time. I guess I figured TNA had burned to the ground by now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Well I'll be God damned. Haven't checked into the old pagoda in a long time. I guess I figured TNA had burned to the ground by now.

Believe me, it's not for lack of effort from the flames

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Oh my God you have no idea what a wild loving ride it has been. Lawsuits, drunks, incorrectly addressed e-mails, junkies stoned out of their minds in Main Events, screwed up deals, failures to file trademarks (including on their own promotion's name)....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA is evidence you can't burn a sinking ship

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
5 years from now Billy Corgan ends up with only an owl named NWA that drops limited edition guitars on people and loves nazis

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

TNA is evidence you can't burn a sinking ship

new thread title?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SleepCousinDeath posted:

new thread title?

GFW/TNA/Impact/??? Thread: Nobody except MRT knows what the gently caress is happening anymore

nah its still the same

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I love how much Billy hates his own money and how he will stop at nothing to make sure he gets rid of it all

I think he might be a little strapped for cash right now actually, he's selling off a lot of music stuff on Reverb. He just loves wrestling that much.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

GFW/TNA/Impact/??? Thread: Nobody except MRT knows what the gently caress is happening anymore

nah its still the same

they both carry the same sentiment anyway

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fun thing to watch is Ottawa averages about a foot of snow in November so an early storm could make BFG extra interesting this year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Fun thing to watch is Ottawa averages about a foot of snow in November so an early storm could make BFG extra interesting this year.

It could be unseasonably warm and TNA would find a way to forget to set up bathrooms or order chairs. That building presents challenges that there is approximately 0% chance of TNA overcoming.

It is literally crazy that they are having this thing in Ottawa instead of Toronto, given that they ended up renting this barn. While most proper venues in Toronto would be booked on this short notice, there is no shortage of empty warehouse-style spaces in a city where they might actually draw some people, that would require as much or less setup than this Ottawa venue.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It could be unseasonably warm and TNA would find a way to forget to set up bathrooms or order chairs. That building presents challenges that there is approximately 0% chance of TNA overcoming.

It is literally crazy that they are having this thing in Ottawa instead of Toronto, given that they ended up renting this barn. While most proper venues in Toronto would be booked on this short notice, there is no shortage of empty warehouse-style spaces in a city where they might actually draw some people, that would require as much or less setup than this Ottawa venue.

A number of the smaller venues in Toronto are skating rinks and you can't book em in hockey season. That's why ROH would run one or two shows per year outside of Toronto.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Anime Reference posted:

I think he might be a little strapped for cash right now actually, he's selling off a lot of music stuff on Reverb. He just loves wrestling that much.

if he's planning on dying in the next 5-10 years this is a sound estate liquidation program

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

A number of the smaller venues in Toronto are skating rinks and you can't book em in hockey season. That's why ROH would run one or two shows per year outside of Toronto.

I can name about ten venues off the top of my head that are just warehouse/event spaces that would be, at least, wired for sound, like the non-arena ones that SMASH uses (they use a couple of live music venues, go-kart tracks, etc). They might cost a little (only a little - they're paying 7-8K for the Ottawa one) more but would definitely draw more.

This thing in Ottawa isn't a sports venue of any sort, it's like an airplane hangar. They have flea markets and the very occasional small concert there. TNA is going to have to build dressing rooms, set up bleachers, probably add porta-potties, build a lighting rig since you can't hang anything from the roof, and who knows what else, and it's going to be a hilarious mess when they forget any one of those things, or more.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Or when the people they hire to do those things refuse due to non-payment.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Get the roster to build it with a shot at the title as payment.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How has Billy Corgan made any money in the last 10 years? Who pays money for the Smashing Pumpkin catalog