Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Is your costco in germany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my costco started stocking 24 packs of dead guy ale in cans and it's loving great... like too good

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010

Spoondick posted:

my costco started stocking 24 packs of dead guy ale in cans and it's loving great... like too good

Wow.

Costco needs to get on the booze game in Canada, but I think even if they did carry booze it'd be around the same price as government liquor stores anyway.

yaleforks
Dec 2, 2007

Just got my first bag of that Normandy Blend. What is everyone's favorite way to prepare?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

yaleforks posted:

Just got my first bag of that Normandy Blend. What is everyone's favorite way to prepare?

Step 1. Take bag from freezer.
Step 2. Grab a knife.
Step 3. Stab bag repeatedly.
Step 4. Throw entire bag in trash.
Step 5. Enjoy Anything else. Broccoli & Cauliflower are nasty.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

yaleforks posted:

i usually dump some in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss it to get everything coated, then bake it at 400 for maybe 45 minutes until thing are looking brown, then i grate peccorino romano over the top and blast it under the broiler for a couple minutes

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

yaleforks posted:

Steam it, dump the water and put it back in the hot pot with butter, Parmesan, garlic salt, and pepper.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Love walking by an employee and he's getting a message over his walkie "People have been asking for that Pirates Booty. I found some in the back!!"

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Ace Attorney posted:

Wow.

Costco needs to get on the booze game in Canada, but I think even if they did carry booze it'd be around the same price as government liquor stores anyway.

Speaking of booze, some of thr xmas decorations are out so the beer advent calendar must be coming along soon. I don't want to miss it again this year.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Acres of Quakers posted:

Speaking of booze, some of thr xmas decorations are out so the beer advent calendar must be coming along soon. I don't want to miss it again this year.

They were pretty good, though lol all the beers in min e were expired. I actually still have like 10 cans in the fridge

Not that I think beer actually goes bad but I'm sure it's just stuffed with leftovers

My problem was I don't drink enough and so it's hard to keep up and the advent fun wasn't as exciting. Still if your a raging alcoholic daily drinker then hell yeah

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Acres of Quakers posted:

I got it last year and it was not good.

Different beers were fun. But 90% just tasted like can. Ooh a nice malt dunkle that tastes like can. Yum yum

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Friends, I have great news! I went on a pilgrimage this afternoon and discovered the bounty of fall is upon us, Costco chicken pot pies have returned! Truly, the blessing of the season. PBUC.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Had a great trip to the Costco today. Loaded up on Normandy veggies, vegan protein powder, and plenty of spinach.

Praise be!

Also it was shockingly slow for a Saturday afternoon.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
My local Costco appears to have run out of Bibigo Chicken and Cilantro wontons

These are dark days, goons

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xaris posted:

They were pretty good, though lol all the beers in min e were expired. I actually still have like 10 cans in the fridge

Costco has a huge problem with selling expired beer. It's so bad that I only buy beers that can stand to sit around like stouts, barrel aged stuff, sours etc.

I don't know if their distribution just sucks or what. By the time beers hit the warehouse they are regularly months old.

naem
May 29, 2011

Xaris posted:

Not that I think beer actually goes bad but I'm sure it's just stuffed with leftovers

My problem was I don't drink enough and so it's hard to keep up and the advent fun wasn't as exciting. Still if your a raging alcoholic daily drinker then hell yeah

I wouldn't call one beer a day "raging"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Trastion posted:

Step 1. Take bag from freezer.
Step 2. Grab a knife.
Step 3. Stab bag repeatedly.
Step 4. Throw entire bag in trash.
Step 5. Enjoy Anything else. Broccoli & Cauliflower are nasty.

Heretic!

Someone summon the inquisition.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Taima posted:

Costco has a huge problem with selling expired beer. It's so bad that I only buy beers that can stand to sit around like stouts, barrel aged stuff, sours etc.

I don't know if their distribution just sucks or what. By the time beers hit the warehouse they are regularly months old.

I buy beer at Costco constantly (and this is Portland so there's a huge variety) and never encountered this problem, if they're expired just return them.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Heretic!

Someone summon the inquisition.

I have a confession.

I prefer the stir fry vegetable mix. I think cauliflower is gross.

I hope the congregation can forgive me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Confession is sometimes necessary.

You are absolved my son.

PBUC

Also I got gas there today. Woohoo.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Spoondick posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you just ask the manager to stock poo poo like this

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I buy beer at Costco constantly (and this is Portland so there's a huge variety) and never encountered this problem, if they're expired just return them.

I know all of the date codes and can read them off the bottles and packaging while I'm still in the store, so no returns necessary. I know my way around a beer or two.

Maybe it's just my store. I mean, an IPA generally starts degrading at somewhere between 2 weeks and 6 weeks in the bottle (due to various factors like dry hopping, etc) and usually when a new IPA comes in stock it will already have been bottled roughly 6-8 weeks before showing up in the store, essentially invalidating the beer before it even goes on sale.

Not to be too specific about where I live but we have a very lively beer scene as well (CA coastal area). So I don't get what the problem is.

They still have good sturdy beers of other types at a great price, so it's all good, but it's just a weird quirk from a store that is usually godly in its merchandise stocking choices.

Suzuran
Sep 14, 2012
Some bitch park her car in front of your house? Cops leave you hanging? Don't worry, Costco has your back!

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/23/man-so-furious-that-woman-parked-outside-his-house-he-wrapped-her-car-in-cling-film-6950425/

quote:

"‘I work at Costco so I went and bought a big roll of cling-film from there." Neil said he then wrapped the entire car using an industrial sized roll of cling-film.

PBUC

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Which one of you is this?

https://imgur.com/gallery/2g7zR

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Taima posted:

I mean, an IPA generally starts degrading at somewhere between 2 weeks and 6 weeks in the bottle (due to various factors like dry hopping, etc) and usually when a new IPA comes in stock it will already have been bottled roughly 6-8 weeks before showing up in the store, essentially invalidating the beer before it even goes on sale.

Huh? IPAs were originally developed to be able to withstand months worth of (unrefrigerated) travel from the UK to India. They certainly won't be worse off than any other style of beer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Midniter posted:

Huh? IPAs were originally developed to be able to withstand months worth of (unrefrigerated) travel from the UK to India. They certainly won't be worse off than any other style of beer.

You’re forgetting white people.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Statutory Ape posted:

Figures a goon would get a gf and still have to jerk himself off

:vince:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

my sister and some family went and spent $800 at Costco over the weekend

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Verisimilidude posted:

Sometimes I don't buy very much either.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Verisimilidude posted:

Did you let them use your Executive Membership so you get the refund check? :)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I bought the Kirkland sleep aid and that poo poo knocked me out holy duck 🦆!!

Best sleep I've had in a long while but I had weird dreams and struggles to get out of bed in the morning.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Best sleep I've had in a long while but I had weird dreams and struggles to get out of bed in the morning.

What's the active ingredient?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Mo_Steel posted:

Give it time and save for it if you can. Depending on what and how much you drive the gas savings alone might recoup the value of the membership over a year, making renewal hopefully easier.

I'm saving up for it now. want dogs and deals.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
You can get dogs without the membership.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Sounds like Melatonin to me. I personally can't use the stuff, I go into a half awake/asleep coma every so often when using it.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you think about it, a dog and drink (with Refill!) is only $1.47 if you pay with your Costco Citi Visa 🤔

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Peachfart posted:

Sounds like Melatonin to me. I personally can't use the stuff, I go into a half awake/asleep coma every so often when using it.

Definitely not melatonin. Probably diphenhydramine or doxylamine succinate.

Melatonin is considered a "supplement." I'm prescribed it but just because I have a circadium rhythm disorder. It doesn't make me tired quickly but it's supposed to help regulate my sleep schedule.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What's the active ingredient?

Doxylamine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ah cool. I have Wal-Som and I just checked and that's what it uses. I haven't used it in forever though and I heard it's better than diphenhydramine which is just Benadryl.

I'll try using those again next time I have problems.