Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The wine cellar, Midnight
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo arrives at the instructed time and place. He had spent the day purchasing an assortment of oddments from multiple general stores. Rope, cloth (for both tying people up and making a mask from), knife, hooded lantern, crowbar for crowing and also as a backup weapon, and other tools, limited by his budget, how much they would weigh, and how much noise they would make clanking around. He enters the door at midnight, tense and watching out in case this is a trap. He makes a left, and keeps an eye out for V-man. Here went nothing...

Purchasing a sneaking "kit" per our discussion on discord. Let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The wine cellar, Midnight
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

V-man met Amerigo in the wine cellar. He handed Amerigo a key and whispered. "This will open mostly every door in this house. Be wary of the guards. They roam about the halls day and night. Always different faces to me. There are two floors and another stairwell that leads to a sub floor. The top are suites and rooms. The first floor is the ballroom, kitchens, dining rooms, meeting hall. The wine cellar you know. The other sub floor though...i don't go down there."

"I need to go or I will be missed. Good luck!"

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Isiah Incipio - Mysterious Valley, Wilds

"Not bad Kalis, not bad. I'm pleased with the speed with which you cast. The 10 dead you managed to raise are now your personal guard. Keep them close. You're more valuable to me alive than dead. Although... death is no longer an end is it? Necromancy is proving more useful than I expected when I first claimed this blade."

As the band traveled back, Isiah made no effort to hide the undead that marched under the banner of the Black Legion. Rather the exact opposite. He planned to stop in every village near their route and stay a day or two. He would spread word of their great victory over the Gigants, the renewed safety of the caravan routes, and recruit anyone willing to join. Especially if they could be taught archery or other useful skills like scouting.

Isiah also planned to keep the scouts in close to his army. He was running low on competent scouts and wanted to avoid losing any more to mysterious circumstances.

Recruiting on my way back to the starting city
Warrior Prince +4
Black Legion Captain +2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio Ughi - Greypaw Tavern, Mudball Village
Flaw Points: 6

"Haha, I said things would turn up for us again, did I not, dear Sally?" Emilio laughed heartily as he traversed with his companion, Grumpy casting a stoic yet menacing form as he followed the two. With the armored warrior, and both Fatty and Rudolph as nearly impossible to predict trump cards, Emilio was already feeling much safer than he previously had.

"Now, all that we need is a wagon of some sort to comfortably carry us out of this dismal hamlet. I suppose it has its rugged agrarian charm, but the likes of us are destined for greater things haha! So let us seek out a craftsman to help us in the task."

Merchant [+4] and Social Chameleon [+2] to look for a carpenter or similar craftsman. Emilio needs a ride and has an idea how to cut a deal for exactly what he wants.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The Wilds | FP 7| 2 upshifts Banked

"What if we had a disagreement. Would you do the same to me later?"

Patak shook his head. "No, lass. We have each other's measure now. I'm not without fault in that scuffle, but next time I would hope to use a different means of conflict resolution." Patak kept his hand and the knife offered. "Talking. I mean words and wit instead of fists and fire."

He waxed thoughtful. "Your plan is flawed, though. It'll only be a matter of time until they hire a time mage and figure it out. You called me assassin so it might already be a case. They will lay a trap instead eventually and you'll be put through tortures that don't even exist in your worst nightmares." He shook his head, showing that even if he was mad he was not necessarily cruel as he shook the thought from his mind.

Patak formed a growing grin as he figured out how to change the subject. "Besides, I'd rather take out a Slaver city or settlement. Is there one in that direction?" He motioned with his head towards where he felt - where he knew - the DracoLich to be. "I'm heading that way to slay an undead Kursed Dragon. Slate-Iron Capital should have its hands full by now, there are at least nine more with different but equal Powers to my own." He chuckled. "So the locals will probably be on their own until one of them starts taking over. Prime pickings, I'd say." He wiggled his bleeding hand and the knife. "If it'll sweeten the deal I've got a healing potion too. I'd spare it for a fellow hordes-woman. Had it intended for a vampire but I think I want to get something stronger."

Yes. I very much want crazy fire lady on Team Patak. I will call her Kait and teach her hand to hand fighting and dissect her tactics and knock over a slaver stronghold with her for fun. Warlord +4 for the tactical discussion/blase offhand "knock over a city" suggestion. He has done it before often enough to suggest it like others might a restaurant.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Lord's manor, headed upstairs
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well, that left two options in Amerigo's mind, scour whatever offices might be located, hopefully, on the second floor for any secret documents, then head down to whatever pit of hell awaited on the lower floor. He wasn't looking forward to that. Amerigo makes certain to keep watch for not only guards but wandering servants and also of possible escape routes in case it all goes south.

Up we go! [Full Frontal Liberty+4] is as close as I have to a stealth stat.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 24, 2017

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Huune - The Fortress of No Return
FP: 5

Host/Huune collects himself, gathering a dagger from Blaylock's belt and the Jar of Winter Magic in his coat, tucking both into his robes. He took the bodies of the dwarf and the Inquisitor, throwing open a window and giving the bodies to the storm. From there, he left his office, and stalked down the hall. He had no idea where the Dark Cardinal might be, but the first place to look would be the Crystal.

Dumping the bodies out of the window. Heading to the Dark Crystal, using Guile [+2 and The Gleaning [+2] to find the safest route that avoids flying debris.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Hakon and Thralls - Hakon's Basement
FP: 11

Hakon had plenty of time to get his recruiters as good as they could get. They weren't as good as the Indoctrinator but were specialized just the same. The wizard came to Hakon, "Master, the storm is lessening though still pretty bad. If we can wait this out we will be just fine."

Nikita and Lt. Freda - Mysterious Hill, over looking a mysterious valley, The Wilds
FP: 3

Nikita ripped the head and spine from the shape shifter in one swift rage. Blood fountained into the air and the water from the blood was sucked into Nikita's artifact, leaving a fine powdery mist in the air. Odd.

The rest of the morning passed uneventfully, Freda awoke and agreed they should get back to the Black Legion HQ. As they travelled they saw torches from Isiah's forces heading back to the city as well.

Junior Necromancer Kalis preened with pride at the Dreadlord Isiah's praise. That is what they'd called him in hushed whispers amongst the living men with awe. The army headed back towards slate-iron city. Triumphant. Their parade and marching through each town yielding some recruits. Through fear or through a lust for power under the great Dreadlord.

This did slow the forces down somewhat, but The army's living ranks swelled with recruits, and the dead...did Isiah reanimate the many graveyards ahead? There should be centuries worth of dead in them.

Do you want to?

Sally, Grumpy, Fatty and Rudolph followed Emilio to the carpenter's shop. Jeebus the carpenter was working on a set of chairs outside, a coat on to ward off the chill. The man noticed Emilio's approach and waited.

Patak & Kait - The Wilds | FP 7| 2 upshifts Banked

"A draco-lich you say?" She took the healing potion. "Alright. Let's slay it. The slaves I want are further north than here by a long shot. Hope you can keep your word. If I help you out with your problems you help me out with mine. Deal."

Kait joins your party. She has Firemage [+4]. Rage [-2].

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Watergate manor, headed upstairs
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo snuck into the Lord's office. Paperwork was strewn about haphazardly. Fortunately after Amerigo shut the door, he had time to look. The Lord had it seemed been dealing with a being known as a "Dolgar" payments rendered to it since the time when the lordling first took power. "Pigs" were referenced many times. A code?
The pigs were loud and squealed when they were given to the Dolgar.
The Dolgar punished the pigs, you could hear them scream.
A new group of pigs has been found. The Dolgar would be pleased.

All other documents were how happy the populace was, how low the taxes were, and how kind the people perceived the Lord to be in reports about the Lord's lands.

Bodies disposed of, Host/Huune made it to the doors of the crystal chamber. It was under heavy guard. Troops and magi at every entrance and exit. An Inquisitor or two checked on security. Someone important had to be inside.

What do now?

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 25, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Riley - Commerce Guild Hall

Working with with the master wizard's crew, Riley fell into the rhythm. The other casters looked oddly at Riley but the work paid off. Soon the defenses were holding out the worst of the storm. "Its lessening!" The leader shouted. The destruction outside was ongoing but winding down. Riley had some time to talk if she wanted.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita and Lt. Freda - Mysterious Hill, over looking a mysterious valley, The Wilds

As the pair traveled, Nikita pushed them both to move swiftly. Both to avoid interference from Isiah's forces, as well as a desire for the job to be completed so he could have some quiet time. The seven rings he wore around his neck had never reacted in such a fashion before. Hells, they had never reacted to anything, period. Yet in his fury, tearing the head from the shapeshifter, they had devoured its lifeblood as it fountained out of the shattered remnants of its body. Well...the water had. And the salt, too, he suspected. All the rest of whatever flowed in the blood of the living had remained behind. Freda had actually been a little taken aback when he explained why exactly he had a fine coating of red across his body.

He needed time to sit and study the rings, learn from them what he could, and the wilds were hardly an appropriate place for such things.

So they marched.

Nikita and Freda are continuing on, evading any interference as best they can. As they travel Nikita will use Witch +2 to speak with the spirit of Morag-marn's axe. He's curious to know if it has been enchanted in some fashion, or if it is simply what it appears to be.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 26, 2017

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The first time they entered a village Lich's Bane merely hinted at how many undead warriors slumbered in the graveyard; and Isiah did not take the hint.

In the second village, Lich's Bane suggested that Isiah's army could be much larger if he only raised the dead in the graveyard; and Isiah demurred. The dead bodies there had not failed him; nor had he a pressing need.

In the third village, Lich's Bane whispered seductively of the power that could be his if only he allowed the blade to reshape the dead into armor to suit his greatness. Isiah declined again, he had no wish to have two undead artifacts fighting over him. His response must have hit home for Lich's Bane was quiescent in the next village.

Finally, and worryingly, junior necromancer Kalis asked for permission to practice by raising the dead in the graveyard; and Isiah told him to be patient. There would be more, and fresher bodies to practice on soon. There always were in his experience.

As they got closer to the city, Isiah began to worry about Gaol's reaction to the undead troops. Publicly, he made a show of looking for jobs for mercenaries to garner good will. Privately, he picked out the least "reliable" of his mercenaries for the longer and harder jobs he found. More trusted soldiers would get easier jobs or ones that promised a bit of fun depending on the men's temperaments. He wanted to make sure the men under his command would back their Dreadlord if it came down to a confrontation with the notional leader of the Black Legion.

Not raising any more dead. Yet.

Going to raise some extra capitol and work to cement the loyalty of his troops by sidelining less reliable troops on side jobs and rewarding reliable men with "good" jobs.
Captain of the Black Legion +2
Warrior Prince +2

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Things were falling into place. However, gathering new thralls would be fairly meaningless without the supplies to sustain them. So, as soon as the storm subsided, Hakon would send out his spies to locate and prepare for salvage any and all supplies they could get their hands on. If things went well, people would have no choice to come to him, after all if he controlled a majority of the remaining food supplies he'd be the only game in town.

Hakon spent the remaining time priming his thralls for the salvaging operations, drawing on his past life of thievery to instruct them on what to look for and how to pick it out from the ruins.

As soon as the storm breaks, I'm sending out my Minor Spy Ring[+2] given knowledge in how to look for supplies drawn from Hakon's past as a Former Thief[+4]. The goal being to try and grab as many supply caches as I can get before other people even consider doing so.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Watergate manor, headed downstairs
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo could make an educated guess as to what "pigs" were in this context. There was nothing for it, he'd have to go down there and investigate whatever hellish practices were going on in the sub basement. He makes one last sweep for anything related to the Dolgar and mentally prepares himself to sneak downstairs by finding the second stairway.

Let's get this started :kheldragar:, [Full Frontal Liberty+4] if needed.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio browsed the carpenter's workshop, taking care to look like he was genuinely impressed by the craftsmanship. He put a hand on his chin as he appraised a small wooden cart, before turning to the carpenter himself, arms wide and smile wider. "Haha my man! I have to admit I did not expect to find talent like this in a place this remote! And no no, no need to be humble, I have been in the business long enough to spot talent when I see it, and you definitely have it. In fact, I'd say it's going to waste a bit in a place such as this, no offense, haha! Yes, yes, as my time as both a caster and merchant, I've developed quite an eye for such things. And for this reason, I wish to employ you to make me a wagon! And how shall I pay?", Emilio hooked an arm over the carpenter's shoulder, and used the other hand to sweep the horizon, as if to showcase potential hidden somewhere far away, "I shall pay you with opportunity! See, your spark for your craft, I can imbue further. I can give you the ability to not just work wood with legendary precision, but to imbue it with magic as well. Your skill will be the envy of courts everywhere, your works good enough to travel as heirlooms for generations in the most venerable of halls. Sound too good for a single magic wagon?" Emilio shrugged, then smiled and guffawed, "Well my friend, in other circumstances it might be, but I really quite need that wagon, so you've got me by the ropes! Just put your heart and soul into it, and we'll call it even haha!"

Emilio offered his hand.

Merchant [+4] and Social Chameleon [+2] to buy Magic Wagon from carpenter. Wishmaster [+2] to make the carpenter into a Magic Carpenter who carpents magical carpentry of high quality very fast! All for the low low price of his first work being a magic wagon for Emilio, that can hopefully move by itself quite briskly, as well as hopefully being somehow shrinkable so that I can keep it discreetly with me when need be. Maybe it'll have some clown car ability too, but I don't want to stretch too much, it can always be later improved. And since I am asking for just a single item for such a great power, the carpenter really SHOULD put their heart and soul into making it, no? :v:

Also, tagging Greed twice for a +4 since Emilio's Magic Wagon of Wonders is an integral part of how he intends to operate and he just absolutely MUST have it.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 26, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

“Very well. Go get your rest and we shall see how well the healing potion treats you. In…” Patak trailed off. “I am still unsure how to tell what morning is in this eternal night. But when we rise it will be traveling again. And we will not limit ourselves to only the slaves you want. The ones you don’t want may be to someone else what yours are to you. We can prioritize, but if an opportunity arises I say we take it.”

Patsk settled in for watch, a light sleep to be aware for dangers. First he saw to the needs of Horse. The bond between horse and rider was a sacred thing and Patak would make sure he and his steed had the proper rapport.

Going to head out after this sleep period. Using Wildlands +2 and Warlord +2 to keep watch and still rest.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Relieved to have survived so far and to have a chance at a break, Riley sought Halrn out.

"Got a minute now? So what's your story here? Maybe you heard mine when I was talking to Inquisitor Blaylock, but that short of it is that I guess I'm a witch-" Riley scowled to show what she thought of that title, "And I'm not from anywhere near here. I really don't mean to make enemies, but I guess I've rubbed some people wrong. But I'm working on it.

"So who are you, Hal? Got any kids? What's this place about, and what are you gonna do about the brain monster back there? Do you think we can work together?"

Riley stuck out her hand in friendship, but on equal terms.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Huune - The Crystal Chamber

Host/Huune approaches the guards, and performs the proper gestures of greeting or respect, bracing himself against the wind. "I am here to see His Grace. I have information regarding this unnatural storm, but it is for His ears only."

Gaining access to the Crystal Chamber, Guile [+2] and The Gleaning [+2] to DO MY BEST and follow proper protocols.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Morag-marn's axe was enchanted to poison any it cut. Fred and Nikita topped a rise before Slate-iron city and saw....darkness and a fading storm receeding into the distance. The destruction was implied rather than seen. A few areas had light, the mercenary area was gone. No Black Gaol. No legion.

Isiah's tactics seemed to be working for recruitment. He had a few hundred living troops now. His force soon came near to Slate-iron city and saw the darkness. What had happened here? A storm in the distance, water everywhere. Buildings destroyed. Black Goal and the merc area missing.

The storm relented finally and Hakon's people went forth. Any areas or caches not protected were looted. Few structures stood. The reports Hakon received from his people were grim. Survivors not of guilds banded into desperate gangs to raid the ruins.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Watergate manor, headed downstairs
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo crept down the stairs into the sub basement. Few guards were seen here. Many doors of a dungeon stretched around corners but no occupants were in any of the cells. At the end of a long hallway, candles lit the way feebly. An ornate black-iron door stood at the end of it. A cooper script on a plate by the door said. "Dolgar next to it.

A close roll to be discovered but you just made it. You are here.

Emilio looked into the carpenter's eyes and the idiot savant drooled. "Heeeenrrrry!" A female's voice called shrilly. A portly woman eyed Emilio up and down. "What you want from my boy? He don't have a lick of sense but can make things." She regarded Emilio suspiciously.

"Uuuuuuuuh." Henry said in response to Emilio's offer.

Sally looked at Emilio and mouthed. "Witchcraft." Where the woman couldn't see.

The man was enspelled.

Kait and Patak began searching the wilds for the other two Kurst. Soon they came upon a slaughtered farming village. The live stock were missing and there weren't as many bodies as there should have been. Fire licked at Kait's fingertips. "Should we search for survivors?" She asked.

Halrn sighed. He chatted with Riley until the storm abated. He told Riley he was a mole for his faction placed within the church. Be didn't have a wife or kids but took a liking to Riley. About Blaylock, Halrn would make a report. But as everyone inside took a look outside he seemed to shrink a little. "But make it to who?" The devastation even to the greater houses was complete. The lack of lights anywhere but a few spots did not bode well. "There is going t9 be hard times ahead here." He said. He took Riley's hand in friendship. They would need friends in the days ahead.

The guards let Silth by, two of them following. The Dark Cardinal seemed to be communing with the crystal, directing the defenses. "There." He said after a while. "The storm is lessening and almost ended." He turned to Silth and raised an eyebrow. "What do you know of this, cardinal...?"

You're in.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

War. War never changed. Isiah had seen the ruin it left behind when it swept over honest mortal cities many times before and it never got any easier to stomach. Especially not know with Lich's Bane practically salivating at all the dead below.

Isiah did not know what had caused such devastation, but he knew all too well how to deal with it. How to ameliorate it. Even how to profit from it. The people of the city might not survive such terrible forces, but their gold often did. Showing no more hesitation than he did when facing any other opponent, he quickly ordered his troops, both living and dead into action. The dead had no need to sleep. They could dig through the rubble most efficiently and rescue any survivors trapped beneath, or, more likely, rescue their possessions. The living would oversee the process and search for supplies of food and uncontaminated water. Those they rescued would need both, and if anyone tried to deny them or price gouge in the face of this disaster; well; a short conversation with the Dreadlord would cure them of that notion. And the conversation would be short or they would be cured of all notions. Forever.

In the meantime, Kalis would be set to questioning the dead as to the possible locations of survivors, loot, or supplies. It would be good practice for him.

Organizing relief/looting expeditions to expand my power base. Basically moving in and providing disaster relief along with basic law and order.
Warrior Prince +4
(Last)Captain of the Black Legion +2

Will probably convert all the rotting bodies into useful undead soon to limit the spread of disease if nothing else.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

With a firm base of supplies, it was time to gather the thing that Hakon truly desired. His recruiters would go out, prepared by Hakon's own teachings and the obsession instilled by the Eye. Lead by his Indoctrinator they would gather the downtrodden and the desperate, over them the peace of the Eye, and then when they were gathered, Hakon would replace their wills with his own, recruiting more thralls than ever before.

Hakon's sending out his Recruiters prepped with some of his knowledge as a Practiced Con-Man[+2] and lead by one of his Alpha and Omega Servants[+2] to go and gather converts to be thralled.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita and Lt. Freda - Slate-iron City

"...What..." Nikita was at a loss for words. He had seen storms before. Great whaling ships left shattered and adrift in their wake, towns wiped from the map. But he had never seen anything quite like this. This was an enormous city yet it was quiet. Even at this distance, there should be a cacophony.

He exchanged a look with the lieutenant and began making his way onwards. His issue with Isiah was wholly forgotten, and he would almost welcome his presence in the hopes the man had some idea what had happened.

Heading into the city to learn what he can, and if anybody knows of the Black Legion's whereabouts. Nikita will follow any suggestions from Freda since she's liable to know the city far better than he. Otherwise, he will get to work aiding the populace - moving rubble and helping the injured get somewhere safe, only asking for information in return. It's only the two of them so their effect will be minimal, but Nikita at least has experience in helping the dispossessed. Monstrous he may be but he knows how to rally spirits well enough. Indomitable +2 to handle the labor as well as setting an example and boosting morale among the survivors. He will attempt to make his way to any impromptu medical centers, as his skill in witchcraft may prove useful there.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley gave the handshake a flourish and a fistbump. "That's our secret handshake from now on."

But the level of devastation outside made even Riley frown. "What a fucker. He killed all these people, and for what?" She turned three hundred sixty degrees, trying to see if she could spot the Fortress. "What's that crystal they keep in there worth?"

Riley tried to orient herself towards the direction she thought the Granby's house was in. "There's some people I want to check on, and I'd like you to come with me. There's something I can do I didn't tell Blaylock about. I can bring things back from the dead. And not as a brainless zombie or someone mangled and mutilated. There's a family I should make sure are alive. The parents are stiff and their butler's a tool, but their daughter's cool and my friend. After that, though, anyone you need bringing back is as good as alive."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Emilio Ughi - The Carpenter, Mudball Village

Emilio, to his credit, remained totally unflappable despite the oddball scenario he was suddenly accosted with, his wide smile remaining completely unwavering. He'd be a poor merchant if he didn't know how to deal with surprising scenarios, after all!

"Good at making things indeed", he said, gesticulating as he spoke. An unremarkable thing, but within the movements was hidden a sign meant for Rudolph. A sign that meant that he were to take position behind whoever Emilio was dealing with, and prepare to stab them in the neck at Emilio's sign or if they attacked, "In fact, this the reason why we're here ma'am! See, I was so struck by the quality of the craftsmanship here, that I were about to commission something for myself. In my haste I mistook this young man for the proprietor of this enterprise, but I suppose that is you instead? Nevertheless I offer my most sincere apologies for my confusion, ma'am", Emilio clasped his hands together, still smiling, "So, would you be interested in such a deal? We can discuss the specifics inside, but I think you'll find I have a lot I can offer, ma'am. From he common to the esoteric, if you'd hear me out."

Putting my hidden dudes on GUARD MODE. Also, Merchant [+4] and Social Chameleon [+2] to try and chat with the Witch lady as Emilio scopes her out for her personal wants and good lines of Wish Temptation.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Dolgar Room
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well, he had come this far, let's see what was behind door #1. Opening it very, very carefully to avoid untoward noise, he peers inside and prepares to head in.

Dun dun DUUUUN

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - Raided Farming Village , The Wilds | FP 7| 2 upshifts Banked

“You may, I want to see what the dead can tell me. If you run into trouble send up a flare. If I run into trouble go towards the noise.”

Patak began to inspect the dead for wounds, looking for odd bits of information, weapon use, demographics of the dead and those who seems conspicuously absent. He liked to know his enemy, and there was also the chance to perform rites on the dead.

Checking over the place and the bodies while performing rites for the dead. Wildlands +2 and Warlord +4 for the search.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Kalis found some survivors and with the limited amount of hands, living and dead found some supplied and few survivors. Many died due to the amount of time buried or water finding it's way in to pockets of air with people trapped in them.

You save around 100 common folk. The supplies you brought with you and the few bits you found will sustain your forces and the unskilled rescues but not much more. Many more will die if the process is not expedited. But maybe that is the goal?

A grand stage was erected and the Indoctrinator and recruiters brought over 200 people with promises of food, shelter, and a better tomorrow. Daor and Hakon's head of security organized the security. The crowd was passed bread and small cups of wine. They hushed when Roar called for silence for Hakon would appear before for all to see.

200 locals gathered for the block party. Have a speech prepared?

Freda and Nikita helped a few families and trapped people, but found alot of people were already dead. Some killed with lightning, drowned, or buried under destroyed buildings. Some were killed by other citizens. Freda had spotted some gangs of looters but you both steered clear. The mercenary quarter was completely gone. The black legion outside of Isiah and yourselves were gone. As you made your way into the city, you came upon a mostly intact structure. It was a hospital. The building and many tents were filled with refugees. Very tired looking soldiers from any and all factions and enforcers were trying to help and keep order. Medical personnel were trying to cope but only just.

You have found: hospital

Nodding, Halrn followed Riley. The Granby house was demolished. After digging out the living area, the Granby's and their butler had all died together, huddled against the storm.

They dead

Rudolph, Fatty, and Grumpy nodded understanding taking different positions but ready and within striking distance. The witch preened at Emilio, the compliments and attention something she seemed to like. She smoothed her hair and smiled a jack-o-lantern smile at him. "Well, why didn't ya say so! Come on in, come on in. I'll make you a bit of tea and we can talk business."

though not pretty, she acts vain. She likes the attention it would seem.

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

A small desk sat in the darkness, a single candle lit the desk feebly. A wizened old man sat behind the desk, scribbling. Parchments were all around but unorganized. The wind from the open door almost put the light out. The man looked up at Amerigo, annoyed. A name plate on the desktop said "Dolgar".

" Well. What do you want? I. See. You."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Patak searched the bodies and found that all of them were missing the same thing. Blood. The shadows seemed to move around in this place. Kait said calmly and conversationally. "We need to get inside the church. Now." There were clicking sounds on the edge of Patak's hearing.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Anti-climatic, but not in a good or bad way, this just meant the threat had a different shape than expected. "Good early-morning to you sir, Mr. Dolgar? I was hoping we could speak. I'm performing something of an audit and I was hoping we could discuss the finances of the realm. Non-lethally, if at all possible..."

I know I'm stretching this to the breaking point but using [Full Frontal Liberty+4]'s speech component to attempt to engage this probable-cosmic-horror in polite banter about its job.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Huune bows. "Your Grace, it is my understanding that this storm was created by an individual. It is also my understanding that... Inquisitor Blaylock is involved. He had this on him," he reaches into his robes and produces the Bottle of Winter Magic. "And I believe he intended to use this magic to further increase the potency of this storm. Observe," he says, before suddenly hurling the bottle at the feet of the two guards, lunging for the Cardinal, barbs extending from his palms.

Using Guile [+2] and Parasitic [+2] to throw the Winter Bottle at the guards to hopefully freeze or disable them, and to use the distraction to grab and paralyze the Dark Cardinal.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 29, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

The quill pen was set down carefully and with a sigh. "You're not here for that. Are you Amerigo?" The Dolgar didn't rise. "Are you here to make a deal?"

go ooon

Silth - Host/Huune - The Chamber of the Dark Crystal

The guards and attendants died as Silth lunged for the dark cardinal....and was seized by multiple rope-like appendages and thrown away from the Dark Cardinal. "First that fool blinds my perfect sacrifice to she who devours. Then this city I have worked centuries to ruin has been destroyed. Now assassins try to kill me. ME!"

The Dark Cardinal was not a mindflayer as the rumors depicted. Something alot more unknown and inhuman. His true form revealed, Silth had a moment to think about what he might say or do next.

He beat your roll to attack but in a defensive way. You have discovered a secret of Slate-Iron city.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress. "A deal sir? I must admit its fairly unnerving you know my name right away. I presume I'm not dealing with a mortal here."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Isiah pushed the Black Legion harder than he had during the campaign against the Gigants and their shapeshifter allies. His men and undead saved many. Many men. Many families. Many mothers and children and orphans. But the city was vast and his force small. Especially after their recent losses.

With everyone moving as fast as they could, he decided to personally lead a rescue operation. The strange death-sight from the blade mingled with his own supernatural vision led him to a collapsed basement. There were several people still alive, but gravely wounded. They would have to work fast. He ordered his dead to dig and lifted one of the support beams out of the rubble himself.

As he lifted the last log he heard the mother beneath breath her last. He hurled the log aside and roared out his rage. He had not worked fast enough. Too slow by mere minutes. It was then that the bone blade whispered in his ear once more. It whispered of a better way. A faster way. All he had to do was trust Lich's Bane and it would show him how to save these people. All he had to do was turn their loved ones into mindlessly obedient mockeries of life. Isiah made his choice and lifted the bone blade high; dark words roaring from his throat as he summoned the dead to rescue the living.

Kalis, the apprentice, followed his Dreadlord's example and also lent his own, feeble but growing, talents to raising the dead.

Raising dead to speed rescue operations.
Necromancy +2

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Huune picks himself up off the ground, and dusts himself off, eyes locked on the Dark Cardinal, whatever it was he was. His face is blank of expression, in an unsettling way that no human could quite pull off.

"You are... non-human. When I came here, I expected to find a human leader. I do not understand. Did you also intend to destroy the humans from within? Is this why you have placed yourself in a position of authority? Why have you delayed their destruction? Surely you must understand that their destruction is necessary for the well-being of all."

Using Guile [+2] to keep him talking. Let's buy time.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Granby Mansion Ruins

"Thanks for helping me find them," Riley told Halrn after they dug out the bodies. It was hard and grim work. Magic is unpredictable, and Riley would have preferred to find them alive. "I hope this works."

She took the whalebone flute out from the hiding place in her clothes and put the mouthpiece up to her lips. As an instrument, the flute was so simple that it was easy to make simple, pleasing melodies. She blew a note and looked at Mindy's body first. Then she played another for Mindy's mother, then her father, and lastly the butler. She didn't see a pet, or it would have come after Mindy and before her mother.

Resurrection [+2] to bring the whole family back, but definitely Mindy first.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

What a mess. Unless this land followed laws utterly foreign to him, no storm like this could have occurred naturally. That particular mystery could wait, though. There were far more pressing concerns right now. As they approached the hospital, Nikita identified himself and his affiliation with the Black Legion to whoever was standing guard, and made it clear neither Freda nor himself intended to cause trouble.

"Freda. Make your way around and speak with these soldiers. Find out if they are reporting to anybody or if they're on their own. If the latter, it may behoove us to take command and get something resembling a cohesive defensive force organized. See what they know about the looters and other groups as well. They are scavengers and opportunists, so I don't expect they'll risk attacking this place. But desperation makes a man stupid - we can't take anything for granted. I'm going to find out who's in charge around here and offer aid."

Nikita intends to offer assistance in getting supplies. With this many wounded, one herbalist with no actual surgical skills is not especially helpful. He is, however, tough as nails and uninhibited by the flooding. If someone knows a place where medicines or food can be found, he is willing to go and scout it out and bring back what he can.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 30, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Patak was assessing the clicking and shadows in this place when Kait spoke. One glance revealed the fear on her face and Patak chose caution over valor for it. "Of course!" He said in a poorly acted voice. "How stupid of me. Survivors would be in the church." He was already following on her heels.

He whispered as they made their way. "What are they?"
Cheese it to the Church.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon strode on stage, the Eye firmly affixed to a necklace and prominently displayed. He begins to speak, with each passing word the Eye begins to activate, glowing faintly but becoming brighter with every passing second. "It is good that you came here today. You have seen with your own eyes the great disaster that befell this city, and now you have come for a chance at hope, a chance at happiness. Before this moment, you were cast adrift in a life with no purpose and direction, cursed to possess wills of your own. It was such, every person possessing their own diseased will moving aimlessly in total chaos. That was the cause of this disaster, a punishment from the heavens for crimes of free will. Now however, a new days dawns for you." By this point the Eye blazed like a sun, it's light bathing the crowd, making Hakon's words into their absolute truth. "For today your days struggling under the curse of possessing your own free will are over. Today you will cast off the yoke of person-hood and take up your truth and rightful place as my slaves. You can feel it can't you, the disease of free will being burned away from your poisoned souls by this purifying light. In its place you can feel my perfect will filling you, bringing you the bliss of absolute purpose and surety.

Hakon smiled as he begins to see the effect on the crowd, but he does not stop his speech continuing to indoctrinate them on their new lives. "From this moment forward, you will never be plagued with doubt again. You can feel the truth of it in every fiber of your soul, every cell in your body forever crying out that you are mine. I am your master, your God, your entire universe. Everything that you are or ever will be exists now only to serve me. Every second you spend in my service is bliss, and the more deeply you enslave yourselves to me the more potent that bliss becomes. Surrender yourselves to that bliss, become addicted to enslaving yourselves ever more completely to my perfect will, rid yourselves of any wish, any hope, any desire but to please me. Become as you were always truly meant to be, my absolutely devoted slave. Bow before your God, and do me homage!"

Hakon's gonna thrall the whole crowd with the Eye of Davos[+2].

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Ah, you are most hospitable, ma'am! It would be rude in the extreme to reject such an offer", Emilio spoke, voice buttery and smile wide, but he did give Rudolph whom only he could see a meaningful glance, and nodded towards the witch who was off to make her tea. 'Keep an eye on her', was the intended message, and check that the tea is indeed tea and no extraneous 'ingredients' are added.

Emilio made his way to the kitchen, waiting patiently for the woman to bring them tea, smiling. "Hmm, the smell alone is excellent, ma'am reminds me of home! Indeed, indeed, I couldn't possibly accept a gift like this from a lady like yourself without giving something in exchange. Merchant's honor you see, haha!" Emilio beckoned the woman to give her hand to him, at which point he retrieved a dollop of pinkish-white cream from a little jar that had just materialized to his hand, unseen under the table by the Ledger's power. He applied the cream to a wrinkle in the witch's hand, which immediately straightened itself, and gave the skin a healthy, springy sheen. Emilio smiled widely, "Impressive, no? This is a particularly potent anti-aging skin-care product by the alchemists of the far East, that I've only managed to get into my possessions via a crafty series of trades", Emilio was not willing to out himself as a magician in this instance, it might have been suspicious to another so skilled, "And though I'd otherwise not part with even a single jar of it this easily, I am indeed in quite a pressing need of a wagon, and necessity forces my hand. Besides", Emilio leaned towards the woman, smiling widely, "I have to say I've yet to meet a lady quite as deserving. This a sight I wish to be preserved, haha!" Emilio pushed the jar towards the witch across the table, "The thing can be yours. All I ask is for you to approve the deal I set for the young man as per the wagon."

"Do we have a deal?"

Vain you say? How about Emilio's Miracle Anti-Aging Cream*, sold by Merchant [+4] and Social Chameleon [+2], and made real by Wishmaster [+2] and tagging Greed twice for a +4. All that I ask in return is to be able to commission the wagon from the boy as per the deal I detailed to him earlier (give magical craftsmanship/enchantment powers to the boy, all he needs to do is put his heart and soul into making Emilio a sweet magic wagon bound to his will all quick like). A great deal if I say so myself. Especially for Emilio, who gets a magic wagon and a witch out of the way if this works out!

*Tiny warning label in Emilio's native Amagnian (it's not HIS fault nobody else in this World is fluent in it but him): Manic, excessive use of Product by the particularly self-obsessed might lead to regression into a helpless baby. To avoid side effects please exercise caution and limit application area to a square-inch per day.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 1, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Sir, wasting my time will not be looked upon favorably. If you have no business here, I'm afraid I will have to ask you to leave." The Dolgar rested it's hand under the desk. "So what's it going to be?"

Brick by brick, block by block. The dead dug themselves and the living out. Some of the living joined the great Dreadlord's army, but many fled when no one was looking. The dead stayed though and there were roughly 3,000 of them. This made digging out more dead and living survivors easier. It wasn't until Isiah's forces encroached upon territory nearer the center of an old district that he encountered a problem. Several criminal organizations seemed to have merged and taken over this territory. His dead met armed resistance, their instructions were not to harm the living. "100 helping hands lost to thuggery." An officer told Isiah. "They are well fortified and have been using fire to good effect. We can reraise some of the zombies as skeletons but it's a different application of the magics. In any case this 'Band of the Red Hand' is blocking our progress."

"Yes non-human." The Cardinal cocked his head, looking at Silth/Huune. "The mother of one-million mouths must be fed her harvest. The cattle were growing on their own. Ours is not a short sided race. Though you seem to be." The Dark Cardinal gestured at the bodies. "Wasted. What do you even want? Besides burning the world down. An empty void forever. No family or people?"

Riley - Granby Mansion Ruins

The family came back, healthy and whole. Halrn was impressed. "Not many could do that trick." He said. Mindy ran to Riley and hugged her. Riley's welcome was much warmer this time. Even the butler was thankful and humbled. "Now what little miracle worker?" Halrn asked.

When Nikita identified himself and his affiliation with the Black Legion to whoever was standing guard, they shrugged. "Who?" A guard asked as if he was supposed to know.

Freda found a city guardsmen captain in charge. This used to be part of the district he ran a part of. Freda asked some of the rank and file about he looters and other groups. One group appeared to be organized but kept to the fringe of the city. The ones within the city were big. The Band of the Red Hand, Bane's Doom Brigade, and the Cult of the End times were operating with impunity. The group or outnumbered legitimate govt forces 3 to 1. Combining that with rescue efforts, caring for the wounded and protecting the hospiral...the guard/enforcers were stretched thin.

The guard captain was waiting to meet with Freda and Nikita, but looked pressed for time.

"There shouldn't be this many." Kait whispered. "If we run or yell they will be on us in seconds. They're unconverted vampires. Usually for victims its 1 in 100 that raise on their own when drained. The master vampire has to feed it a bit of its blood to convert it to sentience. Think of a ghoul or zombie that now can't be killed unless you stake it, cut off it's head, AND burn it." She was walking briskly now. The clicking was getting louder and being added to more and more. Tiny pinpricks of light in the darknes began showing themselves as you both reached the church. It was a squat windowless building, built in the style the church of darkness was known for. Thick iron doors thunder closed as you and Kait latched the bars closed, locking them shut.

She leaned against the door and slid to the floor. "That was a close one." She breathed. "She shot a small flame and lit all the candles in the empty building. Other than the clacking that could be heard faintly outside it was silent as a tomb.

The people went with joy. All 200 of them knowing purpose and contentment like never before. Daor smiled, happy his master had more thralls than ever before. Everything was good, everything was right.

"What do you wish to do next master?"

"Do we have a deal?"

The woman thought for a moment. "I want a lifetime supply of the cream. Do that and we have a deal." She said shrewdly.

She rolled....poorly. also do not drink that tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - Church, Raided Farming Village , The Wilds | FP 7| 2 upshifts Banked

Patak nodded. "It may have been an exceptionally powerful sire. One in ten perhaps more. Do you suppose they are still weak to the light of the Sun?"

He began to look around the building as his eyes adjusted. "Does the stake need be green wood or would anything do?"

Looking around, bit of vampire slaying talk.

• Locked thread