Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

AJ_Impy posted:

Try to convince people that we are an art display. Splay our wings peacock stylee, strut our stuff, hold up a badly scrawled sign with "THIS IS ART?" written on it.

Nice!

Do this thing right there, if it doesn't attract attention quick enough then move on to something more..Dramatic. And Destructive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
What is art? Is it an outpouring of one's innermost soul? Is it a brazen attempt to wrench a reaction from the viewer? Just another product to be bought and sold, fuel for the fires of capitalism? Or is it something far subtler and stranger which wends its way through the hearts of all men?

You don't know.

What you do know is that right now you are art.

You stride through the halls toward your target, wings flared. You are an artificial angel come down to earth, resplendent in your halo of heat. The effect is somewhat spoiled by a docent who hurries over.

"Sir? Sir! You can't be in here sir. Im going to have to ask you to leave!"

You ignore him.

"I'm gonna need a hand here, there's some chrome dome here glitching out. I don't know where he came from but he's headed toward the second floor."

EM contacts are lighting up all around, looks like they're scrambling security.

You reach the gallery (contemporary art) without incident, though a growing crowd of docents and patrons follow in your wake. You stand in the center of the room and strike your most dramatic pose!

The people following you crowd around and gawp. From the chatter it seems that they think you're a performance artist? The confusion doesn't last long however, as ripples in the crowd part to reveal security:

You are being held at gunpoint:

A) Make a speech!
You've got a captive (if somewhat hostile) audience. Capitalize on it!

B) Dance!
Words fail you, so you turn to your body. Dance the dance of peace and happiness! Dance the dance of anti corporatism!

C) Fight your way free!
There can be no art without suffering.

MOBILITY: MAX
HEAT: 10%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: 0%

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 24, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A/B

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
B, Dancing is never a wrong answer

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B: Dance the interpretive dance of friendship and distraction. If security tries to remove us, go loud.

Trade ranged subsystem for CQC subsystem

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 25, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A and B. Narrate our dance. Entertain the crowd.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Wow. This took an unexpected turn. I reject your 'Pink Mohawk', give me back my 'Black Trenchcoat' Cyberpunk!

CMD:>/engage BUSTAMOVE -Butoh
CMD:>/engage GRENADE -EMP

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
B + A: Recite the Dada Manifesto of 1918 while dancing in a manner which coincidentally keeps placing the crowd between us and security (put that mobility to work!); keep this up as long as possible, popping the emp at minimum safe range and fleeing in the hole that opens only once we start to run low on options

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

Wow. This took an unexpected turn. I reject your 'Pink Mohawk', give me back my 'Black Trenchcoat' Cyberpunk!

CMD:>/engage GRENADE -EMP

hey i see the opportunity for a PL joke I take it :colbert:

All the people voting to use the EMP: you are aware that that would put you squarely in the middle of the effective radius? If you wanna toss it away from you you're gonna get ventilated as soon as security sees you pull the pin.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

All the people voting to use the EMP: you are aware that that would put you squarely in the middle of the effective radius? If you wanna toss it away from you you're gonna get ventilated as soon as security sees you pull the pin.

Ralith posted:

. . . while dancing in a manner which coincidentally keeps placing the crowd between us and security (put that mobility to work!); keep this up as long as possible, popping the emp at minimum safe range and fleeing in the hole that opens only once we start to run low on options

Dance in a hallway or doorway or something, with the crowd between us and MetSec; pull the 'pin', throw the grenade, duck behind cover?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Robotic techno Dance while rapping out the opening lines to Atlas Shrugged in Russian with an exaggerated American accent.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Your current tactical situation:

You are in green, Metsec are red, civs are grey.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If we end up having to go loud, we're gonna be relying on our CQC system and agility, yeah. EMP isn't gonna work out, I'm afraid, we'll just have to do it the hard way if it comes down to that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Dance like we have no shame!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
I hope all you dance dance revolution folks are happy with yourself; we're now facing down four guns with 6 bullets. :colbert:

CMD:>/disengage COMBAT SYSTEMS -RANGED
CMD:>/engage COMBAT SYSTEMS -CQC
CMD:>/engage GRENADE -EMP -FUSE(00:00:03:000)

When it looks MetSec has finally had enough, roll towards 903, use the crowd as human shields, exit the room, and drop the EMP grenade behind us.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hah, that's right we are the distraction.

B while it lasts

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
B

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bravo.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Dance, and say -nonsense nonsense nonsense- Stay back, the virus is only in my local net! It'll spread if you come cl! -nonsense nonsense nonsense-

And I doubt we need to worry about our face showing up everywhere... I'm pretty sure the new one will unclip, and let us install a new one.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Have Blue posted:

I was figuring we'd be able to mask the action if we can get the crowd between them and us. I guess that's not going to work since we've let ourselves get surrounded at point blank, though? +1 to disengaging ranged to free up resources, then focus on dancing our way into the crowd while taking no overt violent action and ranting about the meaning of art

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Lab reports suck. So do exams. I will definitely update tonight, just later. B is a clear favorite.

e: relevant info:

Have Blue posted:

Your current tactical situation:

You are in green, Metsec are red, civs are grey.

You have:
2 arms (meat?)
2 legs (meat?)
1 head (metal)
1 set of armor(?)+helmet (Your clothes are thick and stiff, seemingly reinforced with ballistic weave. There's no kind of tab, logo, or label on any of them.)
1 pistol (loaded, conventional, 6 shots)
2 grenades (one variyield hi-x, one EMP)
1 knife (steel, standard)

COMBAT SYSTEMS:
CQC: ACTIVE
RANGED: DISABLED
AERIAL: ACTIVE

SENSORS:

SONAR: DISABLED
EM: ACTIVE
IR: ACTIVE
VISIBLE: ACTIVE
AR: ACTIVE
AUDIO: ACTIVE
TOUCH: ACTIVE
PAIN: ACTIVE

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:

SENSORY INTEGRATION CORE: ACTIVE
PROBABILITY MANIFOLD: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 001: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 002: DISABLED
PERSONALITY MATRIX 003: DISABLED

HEAT: 10%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: 0%

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 25, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

Lab reports suck. So do exams. I will definitely update tonight, just later. B is a clear favorite.

Woah there Chief, are you okay?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

Woah there Chief, are you okay?

Yeah I'm just hitting the midterm crunch, so I'll be updating slower for a week or so

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

Yeah I'm just hitting the midterm crunch, so I'll be updating slower for a week or so

Oh, okay. When you mentioned lab reports and exams I thought you meant you were going in for medical tests.

Focus on your school work young man, plenty of time for silly internet games post midterms.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue posted:

B) Dance!
Words fail you, so you turn to your body. Dance the dance of peace and happiness! Dance the dance of anti corporatism!

You hold your pose for a bit longer, readying yourself for what's to come.

COMBAT SYSTEMS:

CQC: ACTIVE
RANGED: ACTIVE
AERIAL: DISABLED

SENSORS:
SONAR: DISABLED
EM: ACTIVE
IR: ACTIVE
VISIBLE: ACTIVE
AR: ACTIVE
AUDIO: ACTIVE
TOUCH: ACTIVE
PAIN: ACTIVE

NEURAL ARCHITECTURE:
SENSORY INTEGRATION CORE: ACTIVE
PROBABILITY MANIFOLD: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 001: ACTIVE
PERSONALITY MATRIX 002: DISABLED
PERSONALITY MATRIX 003: DISABLED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTEki-1lrY

As Metsec creeps closer, you retract your wings and begin. Slowly at first, with four gun barrels anxiously tracking you, you begin what could charitably be called a waltz, woozing back and forth to a beat only you can hear. You're lost, confused, stumbling. You circle around and around, cautiously probing Metsec's boundaries. You brush past one of them and he makes a grab for you!

Slow. Too slow!

He ends up with nothing. You end up with his gun.

The trade ends poorly for Metsec.

The screams pull you back. Potential threats resolve into people, clinical combat logic fades into a growing sense of panic. You've got four fresh corpses and [00:00:30:000+/-10:000] before every last private and public security team in the area starts coming down on you

A) The roof!
The way you came should be clear. Though if they have aerial units responding they'll be right top of you.

B) Ground level!
The most straightforward way out. You'll have some cover, but it's the most likely to have hostiles.

C) The basement!
There's gotta be some kind of tunnel or something down there! You're not entirely sure though...

You now have:
1 submachine gun(loaded, conventional, half full(?))

HEAT: 40%
AVAILABLE RUNTIMES: 10%

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Do we have enough spare cycles to scrape the city web site for the local floor and infrastructure plans?

Well, if they didn't want fugitives to be able to grab that stuff in the middle of an escape attempt, then maybe they shouldn't have outsourced city management to the lowest bidder. :colbert:

Yeah this totally only works because Shadowrun is a view of the future from before 9/11.

In the meantime, head downstairs. Sky's going to be lousy with drones and we can decide to leave at ground-level or sub-level when we see what ground-level looks like.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Grab spare mags from one of the spare corpses

dont be mean to me posted:

Do we have enough spare cycles to scrape the city web site for the local floor and infrastructure plans?

+1

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Basement's least likely to have more hostiles, though it's more likely to have dead ends.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah all that, start heading downstairs but don't commit to the basement until we can find a map.

Also, damnit, we were supposed to dance the dance of friendship and distraction, not the dance of murder and angry milspec drones :mad:

E: Actually, basement might be where Gates is, I doubt we want to lead the baddies down there. He's either stealing something or hacking something or whatever, but all the utility access points and vaults and whatnot are in the basement so let's maybe not pull heat in that direction. How's the roof sound?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 26, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah all that, start heading downstairs but don't commit to the basement until we can find a map.

Also, damnit, we were supposed to dance the dance of friendship and distraction, not the dance of murder and angry milspec drones :mad:

E: Actually, basement might be where Gates is, I doubt we want to lead the baddies down there. He's either stealing something or hacking something or whatever, but all the utility access points and vaults and whatnot are in the basement so let's maybe not pull heat in that direction. How's the roof sound?

Gates can take care of himself. If he is any type of Mastermind, then he'll have organized the operation such that whatever we do, can't negatively affect him.

Distraction worked? Great. It didn't work, eh, wasn't really relying on the newbie anyways.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Crazycryodude posted:

He started it :colbert:

dont be mean to me posted:

Well, if they didn't want fugitives to be able to grab that stuff in the middle of an escape attempt, then maybe they shouldn't have outsourced city management to the lowest bidder. :colbert:

Yeah this totally only works because Shadowrun is a view of the future from before 9/11.

This isn't shadowrun

CourValant posted:

Grab spare mags from one of the spare corpses

+1

You've got literal seconds before everything goes to hell, you can certainly try to grab stuff or pull plans but it'll slow you down significantly

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

You've got literal seconds before everything goes to hell, you can certainly try to grab stuff or pull plans but it'll slow you down significantly

Even if its literally taking 7 seconds to stoop down and take a mag or two on the way out?

If so, then screw it, just head to the basement.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Hrm, the more I think on it the better the roof sounds. It's the fastest egress - just jump straight up. Doesn't require searching for floorplans or trying to navigate or anything, pulls security as far away from the basement as possible (yes yes I know Gates might not even be there, etc. etc. but it doesn't hurt), and it lets us get out into the city and lose any pursuit ASAP.

We've got wings, and beyond that it looks like our wings have an engine. Two, in fact. Let's put them to good use.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

CourValant posted:

Even if its literally taking 7 seconds to stoop down and take a mag or two on the way out?

If so, then screw it, just head to the basement.

[00:00:30:000+/-10:000]

So max 40 secs, min 20

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ok holy poo poo I read that as minutes, not seconds. We've got 20-40 seconds to get out of here. Roof sounds even better, or hell just jump out a window.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

[00:00:30:000+/-10:000]

So max 40 secs, min 20

1) Grab a mag

2) Basement

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Grabbing a mag is gonna take like half of our time, not worth it. If we get in a gun battle we've kinda hosed up already because we're one dude against however many dozens of security are on-site, and who knows how many more coming in from the local police or whatever. I don't like those odds even with all our fancy hardware.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Engage air combat programsrand dive out of the nearest window, either its high enough we can fly out of here or low enough we can survive the fall

• Locked thread