Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rolo posted:

You got what you wanted, now somebody post smash when every day until it happens.

Pilotwings Switch, when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Midjack posted:

I guess the RFID tag got separated from the figure somehow. That's the part that actually does anything, and is also how the Amiibo emulators work.

I thought they sell some Action Replay RFID thing to spoof amiibo codes

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fremry posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is a drat fine game.

I bought it after watching a youtube video linked in this thread. It's a lot of fun!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FireMrshlBill posted:

I thought they sell some Action Replay RFID thing to spoof amiibo codes

Same thing. All you have to do to emulate a tag is interact with the deconfliction scheme the reader uses. You can do the same thing to cloak a tag too, but that's a whole other topic. I just got a switch a couple of days ago and hadn't really paid attention to amiibo until now. It sounds like other people have it pretty well figured out.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I should play the first Steamworld Dig game, I have it on multiple devices between various freebies and bundles but didn't play it because I thought it was some Spelunky rip off but I guess I was wrong. It may be downloaded on my 3DS or Vita, and PS4 or WiiU as well... but with Samus Returns and some PS4 games and the SNES classic edition this Friday, I will be busy until Odyssey

Midjack posted:

Same thing. All you have to do to emulate a tag is interact with the deconfliction scheme the reader uses. You can do the same thing to cloak a tag too, but that's a whole other topic. I just got a switch a couple of days ago and hadn't really paid attention to amiibo until now. It sounds like other people have it pretty well figured out.

Oh, I thought you were thinking that Gamestop was just selling the bottom part of an Amiibo that the statuette fell off of and the other person was confused

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 26, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Don't worry friend, I will tell you how amazing it truly is.

And after you do, he'll only have to wait for one other person to say if it's good or bad to have exactly ONE reliable opinion. ;)

I can't decide if I'm legit excited for Golf Story or if it's just had tons of antici-hype in this thread.

I think I want it though...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pilotwings Switch, when?

This would own. Pilotwings 3ds owns and is like the cheapest first party game on the system. I got it for $5 at GameStop.

Pilotwings DXwhen

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

Feenix posted:

And after you do, he'll only have to wait for one other person to say if it's good or bad to have exactly ONE reliable opinion. ;)

I can't decide if I'm legit excited for Golf Story or if it's just had tons of antici-hype in this thread.

I think I want it though...

I feel exactly the same way. Ill probably wait for quite awhile before I actually purchase this game, no sense in letting the hype dictate my choices.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
yep, don't buy games right when they drop, especially if there are no reviews or actual gameplay footage yet!

granted its an e-shop game so the risk is minimal but still a good principle to live by i think

me after having not made a single disappointing gaming purchase in years:

:smug:

also zelda loving owns god drat

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Fancy Hat! posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/912451222497628161

Didn't expect it to just drop on the official twitter like this but... HELL Yeah.

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This would own. Pilotwings 3ds owns and is like the cheapest first party game on the system. I got it for $5 at GameStop.

Pilotwings DXwhen

I got it for $2 and it does indeed own. I'd love one on Switch to be more like the 64 one. I spent so much time just exploring that USA map.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bring back that chill smooth jazz and Birdman.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It's a shame the 2008 economic crash killed the studio doing PilotWings for the Wii cause that poo poo was gonna be dope

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't even know they were working on one. 2008 finds more ways to disappoint me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“Detective No. 27”" post="“476771700”"]
I didn’t even know they were working on one. 2008 finds more ways to disappoint me.
[/quote]
DYKG just did a video on it. A shame it was cancelled. I'm not sure the realistic theme was a way to go but Factor 5 made good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVM5NVqQpM

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 26, 2017

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
There's a small under dime shaped circle bubble in my amfilm glass protector middle of the screen that I can't get rid of, but as my switch will spend most of its life in the dock I'm not gonna worry too much about it. I could try and peel the entire thing off and clean it and give it a go with the second glass protector but eh. That would take :effort:

Thanks to you guys from earlier I managed to snag Bomberman R for $30.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Pilotwings for Nintendo Switch would be a day one purchase.

SeANMcBAY posted:

DYKG just did a video on it. A shame it was cancelled. I'm not sure the realistic theme was a way to go but Factor 5 made good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVM5NVqQpM

drat that looks like it would have been fun.

Also.... Cubivore Switch when?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

When did Golf Story become a meme? No reviews, no game play footage, yet everyone is gagging for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alan_Shore posted:

When did Golf Story become a meme? No reviews, no game play footage, yet everyone is gagging for it.

It just looks fun. It has nice pixel graphics and Mario Golf has proven that golf RPGs can be great.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alan_Shore posted:

I think everyone might just be desperate for more games to play on their Switch :ssh:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Right-oh! I was just confused because most of the games on the store are Pixel graphics and there are lots of games out now. I'll probably check it out if it has great reviews (it's a bit pricey though). More exciting for Picross because everyone here said it's great and I've never heard of it before.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I will be waiting for reviews as well. What have the Golf Story devs made before it?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

man nurse posted:

I think everyone might just be desperate for more games to play on their Switch :ssh:

poo poo I'm trying to figure out how to play what I got!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

I will be waiting for reviews as well. What have the Golf Story devs made before it?
Nothing. Or if they did, it wasn't as their current identity, "Sidebar Games", and they haven't said a word about it.

There's so little information on them out there that I'm still not entirely certain Golf Story is actually happening because what the hell kind of game and studio pair doesn't have a Wikipedia page between them or any credits on anything ever or any real names attached or any footage from TGS

(and I'm totally going to buy it in 48 hours because it looks charming as gently caress and I'm stoked)

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
this is a thread that tried to act like arms was good for like a whole month

its no surprise every vaguely intriguing indie is treated as the next stardew

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

HyperPuma posted:

this is a thread that tried to act like arms was good for like a whole month

its no surprise every vaguely intriguing indie is treated as the next stardew

The Switch, where every game is the honeymoon stage.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I hope Golf Story ends up being great, but drat it will be hilarious if it ends up being a mess and people are shocked despite the fact that it never had a release date or gameplay video or information given beyond the thirty second trailer.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Arms is pretty good but not £50 good. Not even close.

The only full games that are worth the hefty price tag are Zelda, MK and Splatoon right now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

The only full games that are worth the hefty price tag are Zelda, MK and Splatoon right now.

i'm sure disgaea 5 is worth it to the people that love making numbers big

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm sure disgaea 5 is worth it to the people that love making numbers big

That is probably worth the full price too, I forgot that one! I'll get it one day.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
GILF Story when? :chanpop: :fap:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I agree about ARMS but Mario + Rabbids is a must-buy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

nehw yrots flog

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can ya'll update me on the difference between the Switch version of Fifa and the PS4 version?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

PowerBeard posted:

GILF Story when? :chanpop: :fap:

Whatever floats your boat.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Alan_Shore posted:

Uhhhhhhhh. Sonic Mania.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

FireMrshlBill posted:

I should play the first Steamworld Dig game, I have it on multiple devices between various freebies and bundles but didn't play it because I thought it was some Spelunky rip off but I guess I was wrong. It may be downloaded on my 3DS or Vita, and PS4 or WiiU as well... but with Samus Returns and some PS4 games and the SNES classic edition this Friday, I will be busy until Odyssey

Play Steamworld Dig before you play Steamworld Dig 2. The first one is a good game and you should play it, but the second one does everything better with a much bigger map.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Uhhhhhhhh. Sonic Mania.

I mean full games like what they charge $60 for.

Mario Rabbids is fantastic but way too short for $60

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would have paid $100 for mario xcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fremry posted:

Play Steamworld Dig before you play Steamworld Dig 2. The first one is a good game and you should play it, but the second one does everything better with a much bigger map.

So just platy the second one and save time

• Locked thread