Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In all seriousness, the number one rule of gambling (and investment) is not to bet money you can't afford to lose. Jase seems to be doing pretty loving fine in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I am Otis posted:

I'm in the hurricane too. You're richer than me but good luck goon

Me too but the other one.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Jerusalem posted:

This is so off the wall and weird that I don't even really know how to react other than please don't do it anymore, man.

Good God thank you. These forums have been creepy the last year or two.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
In order to get to that original 200k I learned a lot of very valuable lessons. I have an ego and I figure most gamblers do. That ego has got me into a lot of trouble in my early years. I once hustled 3 bikers in their own biker bar out of 3k and then I talked poo poo about it. That left me with a switchblade stuck in my knee a pool stick cracked over my head and then stabbed in my side. They robbed me beat the poo poo out of me then left on the side of the road by my car far away from the place. I woke up pulled 500 out of my sock and another 500 out of the spare tire and drove myself to a hospital bleeding all over the vehicle. It was a 1994 grey Plymouth horizon.

I also once met a girl at the bar who got me hooked on coke for 2 weeks with my uncle trying to get me to stop the whole. She hosed my brains out every night and then one day I woke up and all my money was gone. She knew where I hid which was the freezer at the time and she got away with almost 20k. My uncle came over and gave me his told you sos then pended me 5k and went back out on the rod and made it back and then some in less than 3 weeks.

The ego only comes out in pool now a days I have learned to control it unless I'm doing something competitive like basketball or a board game then I talk poo poo non stop even when I'm losing. It's what made my wife attracted to me. I met her at bar took a grand off a guy at the pool table that was trying to impress her then got her number and we were married 3 years later. She loves my poo poo talking at the pool table. She hates it in uno. If I didn't do that I never would have met the girl of my dreams.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

thank You. i dont know what was creepier: that he copy/pasted posts into excel, or that he wanted to talk about gambling in the gambling thread

vaginal facsimile posted:

jase (negative)one

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Hey Jase, do you do any APA or just pick up cash games?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I use to play APA but everyone cheats to keep their handicap down. I went to Vegas a few years and won with my team but it's totally not worth it as far as money wise to split 10k between 8 people. I can hustle a couple of guys in a few weeks and make more money than what they give you in Vegas. I was a 7 or an 8 but I don't remember what the highest handicap was because that was over 10 years ago.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

jase1 posted:

In order to get to that original 200k I learned a lot of very valuable lessons. I have an ego and I figure most gamblers do. That ego has got me into a lot of trouble in my early years. I once hustled 3 bikers in their own biker bar out of 3k and then I talked poo poo about it. That left me with a switchblade stuck in my knee a pool stick cracked over my head and then stabbed in my side. They robbed me beat the poo poo out of me then left on the side of the road by my car far away from the place. I woke up pulled 500 out of my sock and another 500 out of the spare tire and drove myself to a hospital bleeding all over the vehicle. It was a 1994 grey Plymouth horizon.

I also once met a girl at the bar who got me hooked on coke for 2 weeks with my uncle trying to get me to stop the whole. She hosed my brains out every night and then one day I woke up and all my money was gone. She knew where I hid which was the freezer at the time and she got away with almost 20k. My uncle came over and gave me his told you sos then pended me 5k and went back out on the rod and made it back and then some in less than 3 weeks.

The ego only comes out in pool now a days I have learned to control it unless I'm doing something competitive like basketball or a board game then I talk poo poo non stop even when I'm losing. It's what made my wife attracted to me. I met her at bar took a grand off a guy at the pool table that was trying to impress her then got her number and we were married 3 years later. She loves my poo poo talking at the pool table. She hates it in uno. If I didn't do that I never would have met the girl of my dreams.

Ah, nice, me too

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

I use to play APA but everyone cheats to keep their handicap down. I went to Vegas a few years and won with my team but it's totally not worth it as far as money wise to split 10k between 8 people. I can hustle a couple of guys in a few weeks and make more money than what they give you in Vegas. I was a 7 or an 8 but I don't remember what the highest handicap was because that was over 10 years ago.

If you ever want a pool game in Vegas let me know. JRB, Ben Lamb, and a few other guys always want action. Viffer and Scott Frost etc etc

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Viffer use to be known as dippy dave around Cleveland. He is originally from that area I have played with him several times. Scott Frost would eat me alive I'm not sure about Ben Lamb though. It's why I usually say hustle dummies for money though and none of those guys are dummies. I prefer drunk dudes with pockets full of cash trying to impress women at the bar. I don't think I'm really on there level but it would be fun to play with them.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

1k on Branch +350

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

jase1 posted:

1k on Branch +350

good luck. i've got a parlay with that olivier dude and hector lombard, and also a small bet on that moraes guy who is a massive underdog against usman.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

jase1 posted:

I like reading these stories.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

jase1 posted:

1k on Branch +350

good bet tbh. rockhold's chin might be poo poo

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Odddzy posted:

I like reading these stories.

I really need to make another thread but I am so loving lazy about it. It's been awhile so I could post some of the same stories it's just alot of my memory is shot is from hard partying when I was younger and alot of the stories I remember run together.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

1k on Reyes just because Perry didn't shake his hand at the weigh ins

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dumb rear end parlay on perry and rockhold 50 to pay 35, i might double it lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

jase1 posted:

Sick

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

1k on Branch +350

jase1 posted:

1k on Reyes just because Perry didn't shake his hand at the weigh ins

jase1.xls

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i won 70 dollars im gonna buy a video game

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Does the graph just count MMA? I lost 1100 on the GGG fight as well.

What video game? I need a new game to play for my PS4 and I haven't bought anything in awhile.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
a lot of guys i know are playin destiny 2 but i dunno yet....gonna look around

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

a lot of guys i know are playin destiny 2 but i dunno yet....gonna look around

It's good if you've got rl friends that play.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the amount of money put on canelo at my book last minute...jeez.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

in an attempt to return to the win column got a hunnit on formiga, gadelha, osp parlay to double my money.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Don't make another thread Jase just post your saga in these mma threads. There are too many forums and so many threads. Your crew is here

I bet my brother 20 bucks that OSP eats the air's pussy if he wins. Sucker took the bet lol

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

He did it enough to win my 20 bucks. I wish he did it more gross but I think he was siked out by the translator lady

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I am Otis posted:

He did it enough to win my 20 bucks. I wish he did it more gross but I think he was siked out by the translator lady

grats on the sure thing, it was a good bet

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

thanks man

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
does anybody else think Bisping shouldn't be a marginal underdog

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i think that's honestly just about right. bisping's intention will be to do what he always does and that's fight on the outside relying on his cardio. gsp's cardio is more than up to the task (i assume), he fights better on the outside and has a better jab (i think) and even with a slight size advantage if bisping doesn't come correct and stay disciplined gsp can put him on his back.

bisping will be the bigger man which will help with all of those things, but unless gsp is rusty as gently caress i think the fact that he's better at the things that constitute bisping's a game gives him the advantage. if a slight one.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i think its worth betting on him, i probably will if hes an underdog. theres no way gsp can perform near 100% after 4 years

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its worth betting on him, i probably will if hes an underdog. theres no way gsp can perform near 100% after 4 years

he is at the moment I'm just not sure if the line will traditionally tighten closer to the fight like normal or if tons of Quebec bath house money is going to come in on GSP late

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i'd like to submit dominick cruz and the korean zombie for consideration. i'm aware that there's more than a few that have come back looking rusty as gently caress but the real world class guys generally come back really strong.

i was reading a book by mighty mouse's strength and conditioning coach and he stated categorically that constantly being in camp and fighting leaves you limited time to improve the foundation systems and skillsets for mma. you're always training to a specific opponent, working to maximize your A game and desperately try and shore up any glaring holes that may give your opponent the edge as opposed to your opponent being how good you are at mma. you're focusing on someone else.

gsp has never been out of the gym during his sabaticle and i'd be genuinely surprised if he comes back looking visibly worse for more than like 90 seconds to 2 minutes, which would be worse than dom cruz or tkz. he's 36, and that's on the cusp of old, but 4 years of treating himself right means his body will probably be in the best condition it will have ever been in for a title fight and he's not cutting as much weight. and bisping's like 38.

i don't know you could be absolutely right but i'd be genuinely shocked.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's dumb, he was slowing down years ago and all that bullshit about constantly being in camps doesn't apply because GSP hasn't had more than 2 fights a year since 2007. You're selling wolf tickets to yourself.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that's interesting what fight was he slowing down in? if you cite the one directly after his surgery i agree, he was never back to his old self, but he was still able to out point a fully steroided johny hendricks who was so dangerous that he could box inside with robbie lawler for 10 rounds and if everyone's honest, win the majority of them. and that was gsp's last fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He started to decline around the Shields fight and the acl injury made it worse. Waiting 4 years isn't going to get his athleticism back. Cruz and TKZ were much younger and weren't on their way out already. You're arguing that the guy who had a really lax schedule and was clearly already aging is going to be fine because he has had a lax schedule and is older.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Marching Powder posted:

that's interesting what fight was he slowing down in? if you cite the one directly after his surgery i agree, he was never back to his old self, but he was still able to out point a fully steroided johny hendricks who was so dangerous that he could box inside with robbie lawler for 10 rounds and if everyone's honest, win the majority of them. and that was gsp's last fight.

i dont disagree but remember that he suffered another ACL tear (on his other knee) shortly after retiring

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i'd like to submit dominick cruz and the korean zombie for consideration. i'm aware that there's more than a few that have come back looking rusty as gently caress but the real world class guys generally come back really strong.

i was reading a book by mighty mouse's strength and conditioning coach and he stated categorically that constantly being in camp and fighting leaves you limited time to improve the foundation systems and skillsets for mma. you're always training to a specific opponent, working to maximize your A game and desperately try and shore up any glaring holes that may give your opponent the edge as opposed to your opponent being how good you are at mma. you're focusing on someone else.

gsp has never been out of the gym during his sabaticle and i'd be genuinely surprised if he comes back looking visibly worse for more than like 90 seconds to 2 minutes, which would be worse than dom cruz or tkz. he's 36, and that's on the cusp of old, but 4 years of treating himself right means his body will probably be in the best condition it will have ever been in for a title fight and he's not cutting as much weight. and bisping's like 38.

i don't know you could be absolutely right but i'd be genuinely shocked.

i remember that tkz was very rusty despite his quick victory over a decent fighter, i agree that cruz was impressive after his layoff though. well if im wrong ill be impressed but consider that cruz and tkz were always planning to compete again during their layoffs whereas gsp had actually planned to stay retired which means that for at least a good while he probably wasnt doing a lot of serious sparring and stuff like that, the kind of stuff you only do if youre competing. bisping is the current middleweight champion, its a big hurdle.

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd GSP has gotten over the absolute fear that was beaten into him by the bigg rigg then I guess he's got a chance