Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Seminal Flu posted:

4x100 should be easy to unload. I hope you don't need 4x108.

Ive got some lovely 4x108 TRX alloys if you want to be unique. I'm gonna make them into an patio table or something similar...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seminal Flu posted:

Mm, should find a buyer, and hopefully not lose a crazy amount on the deal.

4x108 is a piece of piss to find here.

I need 4x110 :suicide:

Anghammarad posted:

Possibly. I'm looking at a Rover 200 Honda concerto this afternoon (A 20 year old japanese car built in Longbridge? for under £400 with ticket, what could possibly go wrong :newlol: ).

how big and what centre bore?
13" and I think the centre bore is 56, can measure later.

Those Rover Honda (Rhonda?) Models are actually decent. But you should buy the Rover version just so you can say you own an R8.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Anghammarad posted:

Possibly. I'm looking at a Rover 200 Honda concerto this afternoon (A 20 year old japanese car built in Longbridge? for under £400 with ticket, what could possibly go wrong :newlol: ).

Have you chosen what baseball cap to wear when you drive it?

Burberry is traditional.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I've finally found out from the doctor that the never ending pain is actually that I've got bursitis in my shoulder. I think I'd rather have a soldering iron jammed into the joint.

Not allowed to take ibuprofen cos I'm on another anti inflammatory for my plantar fasciitis, so panadol osteo only. Which sucks balls cos for my whole life paracetamol has done gently caress all on me in terms of pain relief

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

Have you chosen what baseball cap to wear when you drive it?

Burberry is traditional.
I think they're more flat cap and tartan rug territory.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

4x98 :unsmigghh:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Dead easy to get those too. Got three sets plus what's actually on cars.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Ferremit posted:

I've finally found out from the doctor that the never ending pain is actually that I've got bursitis in my shoulder. I think I'd rather have a soldering iron jammed into the joint.

Not allowed to take ibuprofen cos I'm on another anti inflammatory for my plantar fasciitis, so panadol osteo only. Which sucks balls cos for my whole life paracetamol has done gently caress all on me in terms of pain relief

Sucks, dude. I had that in my shoulder after crashing on a snowboard. Shoulders take for loving ever to heal, and Tylenol doesn't do poo poo for me either.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

A buddy had an old Subaru, 4x140. Constantly bent the fuckers bouncing off rocks and poo poo too.
(he once got a tow truck stuck recovering him, heavy wrecker had to come bail both out)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 25, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Mm, should find a buyer, and hopefully not lose a crazy amount on the deal.

4x108 is a piece of piss to find here.

I need 4x110 :suicide:

13" and I think the centre bore is 56, can measure later.

RX-7 or other pre-85'86 Mazda? I know that there are other cars that used 4x110, but Mazda was the most common.

edit: hilariously enough, it seems like there are a number of UTVs/ATVs that use 4x110, so one can find 12" x 7" wheels, for example, on eBay/Amazon.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 25, 2017

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Without journeying into SH/SC, what's the easiest way to extract a windows key? I want to reinstall windows for the first time in years but not sure which key I'm using.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

RX-7 or other pre-85 Mazda? I know that there are other cars that used 4x110, but Mazda was the most common.

edit: hilariously enough, it seems like there are a number of UTVs/ATVs that use 4x110, so one can find 12" x 7" wheels, for example, on eBay/Amazon.
Got a set of early RX7 rims, but of course they have a RWD-biased offset of about 25mm.

Check out my poke, brah:

(They also have too small a centre bore, so aren't properly seated here)

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

slidebite posted:

Without journeying into SH/SC, what's the easiest way to extract a windows key? I want to reinstall windows for the first time in years but not sure which key I'm using.

In the old days it was the jellybean keyfinder program

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

Is it windows 10? You don't need a key, it activates with your motherboard serial/personal banking info/magic instead. You only enter the key once.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Windows 8.1

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If you really need to extract the key from the BIOS/UEFI to move the Windows 10, install, here's how you do it:

https://itsolutionsblog.net/3-ways-to-extract-the-windows-8-product-key/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Got a set of early RX7 rims, but of course they have a RWD-biased offset of about 25mm.

Check out my poke, brah:

I'm guessing that's a Daihatsu of some sort, since pretty much all I'm finding that has 4x110 other than Mazda is Daihatsu and some early Hondas.
Here's some neat actual Daihatsu alloys, in Slovenia, apparently:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-...DZZdaip&vxp=mtr

The offset's going to be difficult, since all the Mazdas that used that BC are RWD. If you were in the US, I'd suggest Diamond Racing wheels for fairly cheap steel wheels that can be had in 4x110 and a number of offsets.

edit: some of the UTV wheels would be hilarious on that little thing. Most of them look like typical "bro-truck" wheels, all black and machined aluminum, and fake beadlocks.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 25, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Check out my poke, brah:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

I'm guessing that's a Daihatsu of some sort, since pretty much all I'm finding that has 4x110 other than Mazda is Daihatsu and some early Hondas.
Here's some neat actual Daihatsu alloys, in Slovenia, apparently:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-...DZZdaip&vxp=mtr

The offset's going to be difficult, since all the Mazdas that used that BC are RWD. If you were in the US, I'd suggest Diamond Racing wheels for fairly cheap steel wheels that can be had in 4x110 and a number of offsets.

edit: some of the UTV wheels would be hilarious on that little thing. Most of them look like typical "bro-truck" wheels, all black and machined aluminum, and fake beadlocks.
Yeah, it's my Avanzato.

Well, I want some cheap steelies, I already have the standard alloys that I've just refurbed, and will be getting fresh tyres on them:

But I just want some spare wheels.

Frustratingly, I can get 12" wheels relatively easily, as they're standard on the Hijets, but 13s are more limited. This set I got were from a Perodua Kenari, which as mentioned had been listed on reference sites as being 4x110 - and they're based on a Daihatsu Move, so it makes sense - but turned out not to be. I'll keep an eye out for some earlyu Move wheels, and see if those are 4x110 (they should be), but this is neither desperately needed for the car, and nor do I want to spend actual money sorting it.

I can always add "cheap wheels" to the list of poo poo to bring back from Japan when I go back next year.

:eng101: gifv doesn't work right it seems, I find best to use just gif as a filename extension.

Yeah, I should really do a thread for what I get up to.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

GF's dad is getting an E-type Jag.

an Eagle E-type jag

:fap:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

slidebite posted:

Windows 8.1

If your system is UEFI and was a store-bought system with 8 or 8.1 already on it, it's stored in the UEFI. If that's the case, you won't even get prompted for a key.

It doesn't do that poo poo like Win10 where it recognizes it based on your system build, even when a DIY system, though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 25, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

slidebite posted:

Windows 8.1
You poor bastard.

Turn on an accessibility item and take the win10 upgrade.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 25, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

slidebite posted:

Windows 8.1

Check your PMs.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

MA-Horus posted:

GF's dad is getting an E-type Jag.

an Eagle E-type jag

:fap:

He might let you get inside his daughter, but he isn't going to let you inside that car.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Needs to name it Eagle-E and drive it while swigging 40s of cold tea

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

He might let you get inside his daughter, but he isn't going to let you inside that car.
All in favour of Ferris Bueller style shenangans say aye.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Aye.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

An aye for an aye

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'd rather smash the McLaren into the Tesla then put a single scratch on the Eagle's paint. It's art.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, the low drag GT fixed everything I really didn't like about the E type

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

DICK DICER posted:

Huh, the low drag GT fixed everything I really didn't like about the E type

When I win the lotto, I'm getting one of those and a Singer 911. And a Biturbo, since I can then afford the repair fees.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I swear I'm having one of those days where I just can't shake the feeling that I work with idiots. I mean it in the most light hearted of ways, but there are only so many "you have got to be kidding me" mistakes one can handle in a single business day.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

spog posted:

:golfclap:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

the spyder posted:

I swear I'm having one of those days where I just can't shake the feeling that I work with idiots. I mean it in the most light hearted of ways, but there are only so many "you have got to be kidding me" mistakes one can handle in a single business day.

I feel you. Amongst a litany of assholes and fuckwits today I had a rep smash not one but TWO cases of wine on my floor. Then she proceeded to pick up damp boxes and put clean ones down in the puddle of wine so they would break too. Goddamn it woman, stop trying to help and get the gently caress out of my store.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

the spyder posted:

Those are just the days that end in "Y" for me. I work for the state. The jokes you hear about state workers? Mostly true.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh for God's sake.

Having ordered a full set of tyres for one car literally yesterday, I come out to find the Zoe with a totally flat tyre thanks to a a nice big screw right near the sidewall. So that's not fixable. I'm not that annoyed as it's one of the ones that's down to 3mm already, but still, I reckon I could've lasted to the end of my term with it. Ah well.

The standard dolphin friendly EV spec tyres are something silly like £250 a pair, so it can have some Toyos instead at almost half that. Surprisingly high (91) load rating needed.

At least I'll get another "free MOT if you buy tyres" voucher from National. That's three I'll have on hand.

the spyder posted:

Yeah, that's normal.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

the spyder posted:

I swear I'm having one of those days where I just can't shake the feeling that I work with idiots.

If you don't feel like this every day, do you even have a job?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I woke up feeling like I have a massive hangover.

Which is odd since I haven't had any booze in over two weeks.

Edit: this poo poo is incredible, https://jalopnik.com/tech-fuckboy-has-bad-opinion-about-women-in-autos-1818724662

quote:

One radical fringe that is growing is Mgtow, which stands for Men Going Their Own Way and pronounced MIG-tow. Mgtow aims for total male separatism, including forgoing children, avoiding marriage and limiting involvement with women. Its message boards are brimming with activity from Silicon Valley.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 26, 2017

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

beep-beep car is go posted:

Those are just the days that end in "Y" for me. I work for the state. The jokes you hear about state workers? Mostly true.

State government here too. Im fond of the phrase of "I work WITH idiots, FOR idiots"

They put me in the cripple wagon at work till my shoulder is better. Behold! My new work chariot for the foreseeable future

If we keep putting people who are crippled into lawn mowers as a SOP, we're going to need more lawn mowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I thought "crippled" was a requirement for state jobs.

• Locked thread