Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Toph Bei Fong posted:

o hai dere Waver, what are you doing in my random ticket pulls?

And why do you look so different from how you did in the few episodes of Fate/Zero that I've watched?

(I should probably finish that show, shouldn't I?)

if you wanna have a better gist of wtf is going on, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
stick with the hotter older version

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

3rd Ascension turns him back into kid, and he's none too happy about that.

Wasn't he 19 in Fate Zero? :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Basically a kid

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not for an anime!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The official page for the Okeanos release is out and the Drake banner lasts until 12 Oct, just FYI.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Are those ssr ce's any good? The sobapan one looks pretty sweet for My boy Gil since since it boosts buster and crit

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Yes, the 2 Hakuno CE's are really good. On high crit star generating teams, they are 2 of the few CE's in the game that outperform the Rin and Shirou CE's for pure damage. Too bad a Quick version still doesn't exist 2 years later.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My own Waver rolling got me a Stheno and Atalante of all people. Figured they were going to be the first SR servants I just kind of completely ignore but I was almost at 300/300 servants&XP so I shot them up past their first ascension anyway. Stheno might be kind of useful in Camelot, I guess? I have no idea what I'd want to use Atalante for as I already have a bunch of decent archers and have not yet really put any effort into building a Quick team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stheno/Euryale/Tamamo/Mata Hari/Medusa Lily is the ultimate gimmick for defeating male bosses.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Compendium posted:

if you wanna have a better gist of wtf is going on, probably

Alright, you got me sucked back in. Up to episode 7 now. The Waver/Iskander comedy duo is carrying the show thus far, but there have been some very well choreographed fight scenes, especially anything involving Lancelot. Can't agree with the characterization of Gilgamesh, but, well, it's a show, not a documentary on the Epic, and its nice to see him fleshed out a bit more from F/SN. (I guess I'll have to watch Unlimited Blade Works after this, won't I? I've read the Fate route of the VN, but there's only so much time in the day...)

It's much better than the "Hey, here's another character from F/SN, but as a child! And unbeknownst to them, they're all kinda related or connected! Wait til they grow up, huh?" that the first episode kept doing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Endorph posted:

Stheno/Euryale/Tamamo/Mata Hari/Medusa Lily is the ultimate gimmick for defeating male bosses.
Look at you chumps without Orion. :agesilaus:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Alright, you got me sucked back in. Up to episode 7 now. The Waver/Iskander comedy duo is carrying the show thus far, but there have been some very well choreographed fight scenes, especially anything involving Lancelot. Can't agree with the characterization of Gilgamesh, but, well, it's a show, not a documentary on the Epic, and its nice to see him fleshed out a bit more from F/SN. (I guess I'll have to watch Unlimited Blade Works after this, won't I? I've read the Fate route of the VN, but there's only so much time in the day...)

It's much better than the "Hey, here's another character from F/SN, but as a child! And unbeknownst to them, they're all kinda related or connected! Wait til they grow up, huh?" that the first episode kept doing.

Teacher Waver appears on Fate/Apocrypha and UBW animes as well as a FYI. And there's a Light Novel series starring him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Honestly trying to reconcile all of Archer!Gilgamesh's personality as a same dude across his multiple appearances is a bit of a lost cause at this point.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Trihugger posted:

Yes, the 2 Hakuno CE's are really good. On high crit star generating teams, they are 2 of the few CE's in the game that outperform the Rin and Shirou CE's for pure damage. Too bad a Quick version still doesn't exist 2 years later.

hey you take that back, Holy Night Sign exists and you can have it for FREE.

it's just... drastically worse, because it's from the days when event giveaways were planned to be flat out significantly worse than gacha CEs. whoops.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Honestly trying to reconcile all of Archer!Gilgamesh's personality as a same dude across his multiple appearances is a bit of a lost cause at this point.

Nah.

When Gilgamesh died he had a huge amount of hope and optimism for humanity, they were going to accomplish amazing things with all the stuff he left for them but fast forward 5000 years and they've decayed and become stagnant and this angers him. The worth of any individual human is only a tiny invisible sliver of what it once was.

Extra is a world of chaos and desperation, a struggle where the best shine against the darkness, so he's happy.

FGO is similar; there's a desperate struggle and tonnes of worthy people surrounding him and he likes the protagonist, so he's happy.

Fate route and to an extent Heaven's Feel Gilgamesh foreshadow this.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's always hair raising to see decayed characters interecting with gil when he have further plan for them than immediately killing them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Has enkidu ever appeared in a fate property?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fate/Strange Fake where is one of the main servants is a manga written by the Baccano and DRRR dude

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yes, In Fate/Strange Fake. In fact, that version becomes available in this game during the final Singularity.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Truly a wild animal man.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Truly a wild animal man.

Anyone pull a Merlin with the 10 free tickets? I'm starting to doubt their randomiser.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 26, 2017

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I did not get Merlin, no

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Anyone pull a Merlin with the 10 free tickets? I'm starting to doubt their randomiser.

Not personally, but some people have.

Though if you're determined to doubt something it probably shouldn't be the randomiser; better to doubt what the rate-up rate is, since they've never admitted that, nor have they admitted whether it changes from banner to banner. Technically "increased rates" for a 5* could be any rate that's better than 1 in 2,000 or so.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Note that the Fate/Zero anime adaptation failed to convey across a lot of the characterizations given in the LN, ESPECIALLY for the introverted ones like Kotomine and Kiritsugu.

It also doesn't adapt a lot of the fight scenes properly.

The UBW adaptation have even more issues that created all sorts of inconsistency issues that would confuse anime-only watchers, especially concerning fight mechanics and circumstances.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Are there any upcoming events that'll have Saber Monuments available? I need two more to Ascend Emperor Umu again, and have had no luck getting them from the daily.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Halloween

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Are there any upcoming events that'll have Saber Monuments available? I need two more to Ascend Emperor Umu again, and have had no luck getting them from the daily.

20 at Halloween, along with all the other classes that didn't get monuments in Moonfest.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

NRVNQSR posted:

20 at Halloween, along with all the other classes that didn't get monuments in Moonfest.

That's good, I need another 6 to max ascend Altera myself.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Babylon was real cool. I like it more than Camelot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My favorite chapter (considering I don'T read japanese) is London so far, although Shinjuku is up there too.

Past Septem I like everything though, so.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Camelot a lot, but Babylon murdered me and my feelings

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Trying to reroll on the japanese version of the game made me realize how just how lucky I was to get Jeanne after one reroll on the US version. Did about 30 rerolls and not one 5* so far.. my last reroll did get me Emiya, Elizabeth and Lancer Alter, so I might stick with that one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Retcon posted:

Trying to reroll on the japanese version of the game made me realize how just how lucky I was to get Jeanne after one reroll on the US version. Did about 30 rerolls and not one 5* so far.. my last reroll did get me Emiya, Elizabeth and Lancer Alter, so I might stick with that one.

Keep going like me and you can have a Merlin!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Keep going like me and you can have a Merlin!
I actually forgot for a moment that I can just create a bind code for my previous account and then keep rerolling so I'm definitely going to keep trying.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Need two Berserker Monuments. Fought Kintoki four times and only got one monument. gently caress him and his stupid shoes.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
What's the next event with Forbidden Pages and Infinity Gears? I know both can be farmed when LO N D O N comes out, but I really hope I don't have to wait that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Harder to look this up without cirnopedia, but I believe GUDAGUDA for both.