Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
stealth is a blight on every game it's in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This is definitely the most openly horny design League has ever had

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

This is definitely the most openly horny design League has ever had

Oh boy, is it ever.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

*shifts uncomfortably in chair*

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I had no idea how 2017 Riot was going to handle Evelynn's character design but still did not expect the double down.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrRbNAYrh2Y

void staff...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I was just about to post this. Good gravy!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hey uh

Stop trying to gently caress bard

she has multiple lines about loving the dragon

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 26, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm calling the police, and the ESRB

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

:dogbutton:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I'm calling the police, and the ESRB

Hello, police? I'd like to report a case of first degree horny.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

good

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Guess what nerds: its 2017 and girls are horny too.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hey thanks for showing up to do the VO work so last minute. basically you just need to read these lines out in character, thanks

Abyssal Mask - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Adaptive Helm - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Archangel's Staff - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Ardent Censer - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Athene's Unholy Grail - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Banner of Command - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Banshee's Veil - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Bilgewater Cutlass - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Dead Man's Plate - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Death's Dance - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Duskblade of Draktharr - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Edge of Night - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Essence Reaver - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Eye of the Equinox - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Eye of the Oasis - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Eye of the Watchers - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Face of the Mountain - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Frost Queen's Claim - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Frozen Heart - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Frozen Mallet - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Gargoyle Stoneplate - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Guinsoo's Rageblade - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Hextech GLP-800 - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Hextech Protobelt-01 - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Iceborn Gauntlet - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Knight's Vow - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Liandry's Torment - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Lich Bane - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Locket of the Iron Solari
Lord Dominik's Regards - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Lord Van Damm's Pillager - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Luden's Echo - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Manamune - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Maw of Malmortius - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Moonflair Spellblade - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Morellonomicon - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Mortal Reminder - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Nashor's Tooth - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Ohmwrecker - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Phantom Dancer - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Randuin's Omen - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Rapid Firecannon - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Ravenous Hydra - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Redemption - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Righteous Glory - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Rod of Ages - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Ruby Sightstone - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Runaan's Hurricane - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Rylai's Crystal Scepter - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Spirit Visage - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Statikk Shiv - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Sterak's Gage - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Sunfire Cape - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Talisman of Ascension - i'm going to put this in my rear end
The Black Cleaver - i'm going to put this in my rear end
The Bloodthirster - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Thornmail - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Titanic Hydra - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Trinity Force - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Warmog's Armor - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Wit's End - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Wooglet's Witchcap - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Youmuu's Ghostblade - i'm going to put this in my rear end

Zeke's Convergence - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Zhonya's Hourglass - i'm going to put this in my rear end
Zz'Rot Portal - i'm going to put this in my rear end

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
She's putting it in their rear end, you idiot. Read the loving lore.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

Hey uh

Stop trying to gently caress bard

she has multiple lines about loving the dragon

How much is riot paying Burch because I can write this poo poo just as well as he can for probably half the pay

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I doubt this took long to write, but legit I think the voice actor did a great job with the material. Cool sound design when she's in passive, too.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I doubt this took long to write, but legit I think the voice actor did a great job with the material. Cool sound design when she's in passive, too.

Yeah, she absolutely nails those lines. Kinda surprised they didn't just drag in Laura Bailey.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Riot designer: anyways so here's the champ. She's got a gap closer from stealth, a disjoint that's also a damage dealing flash, and hard cc now.
Riot ghostcrawler: that sounds like generic overloaded garbage. Make her say she loves daddy cummies so nobody notices.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the censer change is interesting but the hybrid damage/healing supports that will benefit most from it (taric, sona) are already the champions that benefited most from censer being busted

i dunno why janna is being buffed

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Venuz Patrol posted:

the censer change is interesting but the hybrid damage/healing supports that will benefit most from it (taric, sona) are already the champions that benefited most from censer being busted

She's not?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

Her main ability is nearly doubling in cooldown.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

From left to right: Me, Keven; Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, and Dan Henderson. Co-founders of Team quest.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Venuz Patrol posted:

I like the Censer change. It gives it some power in line with its original intent (giving skirmishing healers more of an ability to trade by proxy) while carving away a big chunk of what made it so busted in the first place. It's also going to put support in a weird spot once preseason rolls around, because a combination of Glacial Augment and Font of Life means that anyone can effectively use Censer.

Janna's getting her power shifted around. As kingcobweb brought up earlier, it really cements her role as an anti-engage support, since she has the tools to whittle down champs like Alistar and Leona effectively now while still denying them from all-ins like before. Conversely, the long cooldown on E means that poke champs like Zyra and Brand are much stronger against her.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 26, 2017

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Twisted Sister: "I Wanna gently caress"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Serious game design chats:

People talk about the perma-stealth as why Eve needed a rework, and I really never thought that was the case. The bigger issue is that, if she's a jungler, why does trying to clear with her feel like you're trying to do something nearly impossible, like some weird sort of hack. There were tricks to do it that made almost no logical sense, like leaving raptors up so that you could lifesteal off of them (once hunter's talisman was introduced), but basically poo poo just didn't work. She was a top five most-executed champ for a reason.

Her Q was probably my least-favorite ability in the game. You'd practically break your finger casting it, because you just mash it as fast as you can if you want to be ~optimal~. There's no actual decision-making to do it; if you're near something you want dead you mash Q. That's it. A skillshot that reactivates makes it much, much nicer.

Her current kit, as a melee DPS champ with no CC outside of ult, meant that she snowballed super hard off successful ganks, but does absolutely nothing if she doesn't. People have, at various times, gone Cinderhulk, Warrior, or Runic on her; not because of her versatility, but because there's no real logical way for her to scale. She deals physical damage that scales on AP, and magic damage that scales on AD, so what the gently caress. Her ult made you want to engage the fight, since she does % current health damage in a big AoE and gets a massive shield for doing so, but then to successfully get out, you have to... run away in full vision of them. You do have a skill that lets you do that slightly faster, but "running away and dealing some damage to people chasing you" isn't exactly the ~endgame fantasy~ that stealth assassin players are looking for, I bet.

Her ult seems really cool. The way that it teleports you backwards, like a super-Caitlyn net, is gonna lead to some people flashing in exactly the wrong direction, and that absolutely rules.

I really like when assassin champs have some short, conditional CC that plays into their burts (like Ahri charm), but it's not so long or oppressive as to be obnoxious (Ekko stun). I'm really not sure about the targeted/activate nature of it, though, it seems pretty trivial to walk up and auto them when you gank. How do you not hit that unless you give up entirely? The point is that you have to warn the target ahead of time, but whatever.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

You have to let the first part of the charm ability linger before it procs into a charm, AFAIK

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

You have to let the first part of the charm ability linger before it procs into a charm, AFAIK

I know. So the pattern is you're about to gank, them, mark them, they go "ah poo poo getting ganked" and start running away, you CC them, they die.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't imagine how little cartilage Eve mains must have on their left pinky fingers

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Janna’s basic attacks and single-target spells deal bonus magic damage equal to 35% of her bonus movement speed

Incoming solo lane janna carry with shiv/luden rush.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

I can't imagine how little cartilage Eve mains must have on their left pinky fingers

I long ago bound Q to Q and T so I got to vary between the two.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

I'm in absolute horror that people don't use ring/middle/index for QWE. What??? Are you kidding me???

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
One thing I really miss from Heroes of the Storm is you can hold down the key to cast some spells on cooldown. I always hated Eve and Skarner type characters who require you to mash.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

Oh i see the problem with evelynn. Apparently evelynn mains are mongoloids who use their pinky to hit Q for some reason

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

I'm in absolute horror that people don't use ring/middle/index for QWE. What??? Are you kidding me???

Who doesn't use their pinky for Q and 1?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
pinky is for tab, shift and ~ jeez

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Who doesn't use their pinky for Q and 1?

Dude no one does this. That's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Love to put my weakest finger on the key I press most and vice versa

• Locked thread