Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I ride bikes all day posted:

Please tell me you can get an Old Blood riding a Carnosaur.

You can, but the picture you just posted features a Skink Oracle riding a Troglodon. :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Mordja posted:

You can, but the picture you just posted features a Skink Oracle riding a Troglodon. :spergin:

I blame Steve at MiniWarGaming for never bringing a loving Old Blood on a Carnosaur.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

you fool, that's a skink priest riding a troglodon, the much worse variant of that same model kit, which is not included in this game on grounds it is totally superfluous to a faction that already has skink priests riding stegadons.

fortunately,

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Both Saurus Old Blood lords and Scar Vetrain heroes have access to cold ones and Carnosaurs as mount options.

Edit: Skink heroes by contrast have accesses to Terradons and Stegadon as mount options.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 26, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's cool that this game will have Heroes riding around on big monsters and contraptions like their Lords can, while in the first the best they could get was a chariot.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I vaguely recall the Oldblood on Carnosaur being really good in tabletop, because it was a powerful dinosaur on top of another, powerful dinosaur. In TT, riders and mounts fought separately (rather than have a combined stat profile) and having to deal with just the Oldblood by himself was bad enough even without the Carnosaur.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well the Jade Wizard could get a colourful Gryphon, making them riding a flying monster and become decent in melee.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

loving Carnosaur mounts are rad as hell. If you're playing Lizardmen and you don't have a cuddle puddle of giant dinos with which to smash rats and elves, you are literally Doing It Wrong (tm).

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Mukip posted:

I vaguely recall the Oldblood on Carnosaur being really good in tabletop, because it was a powerful dinosaur on top of another, powerful dinosaur. In TT, riders and mounts fought separately (rather than have a combined stat profile) and having to deal with just the Oldblood by himself was bad enough even without the Carnosaur.

Slow, non-flying monstruos mounts weren't all that useful to begin with, and carnosaurs had frenzy, making them especially dificult to conttol. Sure, they were fun, but I didn't bother bringing one to a serious game.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Gonkish posted:

loving Carnosaur mounts are rad as hell. If you're playing Lizardmen and you don't have a cuddle puddle of giant dinos with which to smash rats and elves, you are literally Doing It Wrong (tm).

https://youtu.be/NJxU38e3FtQ

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The Cauldron of Blood mount for Death Hags is the most amazing thing. It's just so dumb.

It has been doing a lot of work in the battles I've seen it in as well.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Gonkish posted:

This reminds me, Legend of total war (unless I'm misremembering) is doing a Tyrion campaign, and one of the first things he did was dismiss the starting pheonix on the grounds the upkeep is too high, and is more efficiently spent on more archers. I don't care if he seemed to prove that was in fact the mechanically optimal choice, if you decided to replace a monster you get to start with with more archers, you are terminally boring.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Watching HeirofCarthage playing Morathi and I can't unhear the infantry all shouting "dooky" when they get orders.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Are there plans for Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, and Chaos Daemons? Tomb Kings are the only things even remotely as cool as Lizardmen.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Are there plans for Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, and Chaos Daemons? Tomb Kings are the only things even remotely as cool as Lizardmen.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they want to end up with every army list in the 8th edition. Chaos Daemons were gonna be game 3 and the rest is up for speculation.

Given that their home region is in game 2 I expect the Tomb Kings to make an appearance rather sooner than later.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There's a game 3 planned. With the exception of Tomb Kings those are likely all game 3. Tomb Kings probably will be the first DLC race for game 2.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Counterpoint: elfs drool

MVP of launch game 2 will be aztec space lizards and their leader american president donald trump

MVP of game 2 and also game 3 and everything after that will be Settra once TK drop

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Stephen9001 posted:

This reminds me, Legend of total war (unless I'm misremembering) is doing a Tyrion campaign, and one of the first things he did was dismiss the starting pheonix on the grounds the upkeep is too high, and is more efficiently spent on more archers. I don't care if he seemed to prove that was in fact the mechanically optimal choice, if you decided to replace a monster you get to start with with more archers, you are terminally boring.

Yeah, this is the Legend way. I respect that he doesn't give a gently caress, and sometimes I find it interesting how he breaks the game but mostly he's just a bit of an abrasive dong and his battles are super boring because of the hot cheese.

Also sup WH2 thread. I expect goons to take cool screenshots for the thread because I can't play this game until November. Please help me get my fix until then.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 26, 2017

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
In what world do you replace a giant, flaming badass bird of prey with basic archers.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Oh God two days til release and I had to uninstall the first so I could fit the second

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ogres and Daemons are likely for Game 3. Tomb Kings are almost assuredly going to show up as DLC in this game, their homeland is already on the map.

This video and the gif of Tyrion getting run over are the only things that need to be in the Lizardmen section of the OP.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
If by removing the phoenix he got rid of a unit that gave him siege attacker he objectively hosed up.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Choice legend of total war quote: "orcs remind me of aborigines, they both just gently caress up places and poo poo everywhere"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

BillBear posted:

In what world do you replace a giant, flaming badass bird of prey with basic archers.

The same world where you gaze longingly at the game where armies were all just recolored spearmen, because you fear variety and change.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Whorelord posted:

Choice legend of total war quote: "orcs remind me of aborigines, they both just gently caress up places and poo poo everywhere"

the battle of ork's drift

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking

Stephen9001 posted:

He's playing on legendary (most other streamers/youtubers seems to be playing on hard/very hard). He's utterly crushed the other Ulthuan factions, has a great economy currently and two solid armies to work with. He's almost ready to invade Naggarond at around turn 70. I've only noticed a couple of minor mistakes in his entire campaign so far (recruiting and disbanding a 60 influence lord a few turns later was pretty silly), but otherwise he's really showing how to do well on legendary.

The phoenix in the starting army has a huge upkeep (500 or so?) and probably won't pull it's weight against other armies comprised of archers and spears. Money in this game seems to be harder to come by and is seems like armies need to be constantly on the move, so I don't see the point in having a unit that can't simply be replaced early on anyway.

Legend of Total War is an arsehole, but he's still the only Youtuber worth watching, for people interested in seeing a good player taking on the highest difficulty.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

actually he's bad

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Legend of Total War is an arsehole, but he's still the only Youtuber worth watching, for people interested in seeing a good player taking on the highest difficulty.

Twitch is where it's at my friend. All the legendary campaigns, none of the grognards with a spearmannii obsession.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Whorelord posted:

actually he's bad

Sounds like hes got a case of "Giant Rat Who Makes All The Rules" syndrome.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo, ninjahund is streaming the final battle for Skrolk, and the skybox has the loving great horned rat (or maybe a Verminlord?) peeking through the clouds above the Isle of the Dead, near the base of the Vortex. Amazing.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope its a really corny 2d representation stretched across the entire skybox tbh.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Beer Hall Putz posted:

He's playing on legendary (most other streamers/youtubers seems to be playing on hard/very hard). He's utterly crushed the other Ulthuan factions, has a great economy currently and two solid armies to work with. He's almost ready to invade Naggarond at around turn 70. I've only noticed a couple of minor mistakes in his entire campaign so far (recruiting and disbanding a 60 influence lord a few turns later was pretty silly), but otherwise he's really showing how to do well on legendary.

The phoenix in the starting army has a huge upkeep (500 or so?) and probably won't pull it's weight against other armies comprised of archers and spears. Money in this game seems to be harder to come by and is seems like armies need to be constantly on the move, so I don't see the point in having a unit that can't simply be replaced early on anyway.

Whorelord posted:

:thunk:

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking
Orcs are green and aborigines aren't. What a silly comparison!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Beer Hall Putz posted:

I already admitted that he seemed to prove dismissing the phoenix for more archers was the mechanically optimal choice (he's certainly good at the game) but that I believed the decision meant he was terminally boring. So yeah, watch Legend if you want mechanically (near) optimal play, but the rest of us get to acknowledge how soulless such play is.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Heir of Carthage and PartyElite are the only TW youtubers worth watching.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Is this gonna be the SFO thing all over again? Stop giving rascist fucks attention.

Also Rats rule, but as much as I hate their smug guts I love the idea of the High Elves intreige mechanic and really fancy sitting back and playing puppet-master as my vassals do all the dirty work for me, like a smart Skaven.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dandywalken posted:

I hope its a really corny 2d representation stretched across the entire skybox tbh.

I'm having flashbacks to the Icon of Sin.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Daemons in game 3, probably 1.5 years from now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Game 3's probably gonna be a bit later, because someone mentioned that they're gonna release a new historical title between TWW2 and TWW3. If that's the case and the new real-world thing also ends up on a new engine, then I'm secretly hoping they'll port Total Warhammer: Daemon Boogaloo to said engine as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Isn't Turin not only good, but he also isn't boring or a complete rear end in a top hat.