Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sorry comrades, but spamming This Way is good practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
booyah forever and always

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This assumes they're willing to actually listen.

They are not always willing to actually listen.

that's the point, they wont shut up or stop guarding their lovely lonely egg so you may as well grab it so they'll go do something else

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/912967389267976193

I don't know what this is but the art is rad.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Apparently they're the ones playing the music you hear in Salmon Run.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's a Salmonid Band called Omega 3 :allears:.

Google Translate posted:

They are ω - 3 (omega - 3). It is a three piece band playing BGM flowing in a salmon run. Whether there are many bytes who were captured by beat of irregular 7/7 beat in different composition of cello, timpani, DJ. You should have studied squid, but you are also interested in shrimps ....

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Awesome.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

ahahaha took me a second

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I figured someone might want these;

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love the idea of Salmonids having their own Doof Warrior tritet.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This assumes they're willing to actually listen.

They are not always willing to actually listen.

They won't listen to your This Ways because they're convinced that guarding the far egg is a good idea, and they're no real way to communicate that it's not, so just go get their stupid egg so they'll stop

They are the human equivalent of a stinger

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well that Griller round went right to hell, huh Smiles?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

They're like the salmonid Doof Warriors.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well that Griller round went right to hell, huh Smiles?

rofl yeah everyone ran in different directions so i kept getting blindsided by a griller chasing someone else. we did so well in wave 1 too. hope thats not going on my performance review O_O

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, now this is just silly. 4 Aerospray RGs, and 31 Ballers. 1.4.0, please save us.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of, considering the frequency of updates/new releases im guessing we are going to be getting new splatfest voting opened up in the next few days, a splatfest the first weekend of October and hopefully the Major Balance Patch they hinted it along with that new river map. October is going to be exciting times in Inkopolis

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Smiles posted:

rofl yeah everyone ran in different directions so i kept getting blindsided by a griller chasing someone else. we did so well in wave 1 too. hope thats not going on my performance review O_O

And after I did so well leading the first two around too :colbert:.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's shocking how bad people still are at Griller rounds. On one round last night I had two grillers trained on me and nobody else was even attempting to kill them, so I had to kite them around and kill them myself to get enough eggs to finish the round.

I mean, Grillers are objectively the worst round type, but still.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I figured someone might want these;

Thanks for these, took the cello.

ZeButler fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 27, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Owers posted:

I unlocked the Aerospray RG the other day, maybe I should buy it and have some stupid baller fun in turf war while it lasts.

You know you want to. It feels so good.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm more excited by balance patches than actual new content, and it concerns me greatly

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's because we haven't had a big clothing update yet. That'll get me excited.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not a Children posted:

I'm more excited by balance patches than actual new content, and it concerns me greatly

Balance patches are awesome.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In Training posted:

Balance patches are awesome.

Unironic agree.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also that was a fun salmon run, I hope they do more gimmicky load outs in the future. Steelheads weren't as big of an issue as I was expecting, and the damage output from everybody was fairly insane.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

It's shocking how bad people still are at Griller rounds. On one round last night I had two grillers trained on me and nobody else was even attempting to kill them, so I had to kite them around and kill them myself to get enough eggs to finish the round.

I mean, Grillers are objectively the worst round type, but still.

Gusher rounds are objectively the worst, because it is complete RNG as to whether you can reach your quota through no fault of your team's performance. Grillers are very close behind, but are at least theoretically achievable and are just a matter of some very tight coordination.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I can't wait for the next patch to delete the Baller from the game. That stupid thing is just as powerful as the Splatoon 1 Kraken now.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gusher rounds are objectively the worst, because it is complete RNG as to whether you can reach your quota through no fault of your team's performance. Grillers are very close behind, but are at least theoretically achievable and are just a matter of some very tight coordination.

Grillers are fine until you get 2 of them and they're chasing after both of your distance-weapon dudes so you've got them flopping between platforms while your SSJr-laden rear end is trying to play catch up

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope there's some kind of Halloween event ala TF2 planned but I don't know how likely that really is :sigh:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did Splatoon 1 do any real world holiday stuff?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

Did Splatoon 1 do any real world holiday stuff?

All you get is themed Splatfests. And by Splatfest Law we've already confirmed that Ghosts are far superior to Zombies :smuggo:.

Also that Pirates are better than Ninjas.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've never been able to beat a griller round... Even when I'm not being targeted by them I find it very difficult to hit the tail weak-spot.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I decided to try the Aerospray RG for the first time and I have something to say

this is cheating, guys

don't cheat at splatoon 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now everybody who naively complained about the Tri Slosher has to face an actually OP weapon set.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

raditts posted:

I decided to try the Aerospray RG for the first time and I have something to say

this is cheating, guys

Eh you're just a sitting duck for my splatling with your pitiful range, don't feel too bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One thing I notice I'm absolutely awful at is judging a safe distance for splashdown, since the ink and damage extends well beyond the visual indicator. What's a good range to escape to and punish with, or should I just be gettting the hell away no matter what and worrying about a counterattack later.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In Training posted:

Now everybody who naively complained about the Tri Slosher has to face an actually OP weapon set.

Get this historical revisionism out of here.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's ridiculous how all the tools in the Aerospray RG's kit just synergizes perfectly with each other. The Sprinkler lets you build up special more easily and can be used to put a lot of pressure on certain areas. The Baller pretty much gets rid of the Aerospray's combat weaknesses. Got the drop on an RG user? Oh wait, they just popped their Baller, and now you're either dead or forced to fall back. And they build up their special so easily that they'll pretty much have it up at all times. Their special gauge can be filled in a manner of seconds, especially if they stack enough Special Charge Up abilities.

At least the Inkjet took skill to use properly. To the point where people thought it was a bad special because it was so easy to use badly. Baller is so much more braindead in comparison.

In Training posted:

One thing I notice I'm absolutely awful at is judging a safe distance for splashdown, since the ink and damage extends well beyond the visual indicator. What's a good range to escape to and punish with, or should I just be gettting the hell away no matter what and worrying about a counterattack later.

Yeah, the visual indicator only shows the lethal radius. The actual "splash damage" goes well beyond it. Unless you splatted the person just as they were rising up, just run away.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's ridiculous how all the tools in the Aerospray RG's kit just synergizes perfectly with each other. The Sprinkler lets you build up special more easily and can be used to put a lot of pressure on certain areas. The Baller pretty much gets rid of the Aerospray's combat weaknesses. Got the drop on an RG user? Oh wait, they just popped their Baller, and now you're either dead or forced to fall back. And they build up their special so easily that they'll pretty much have it up at all times. Their special gauge can be filled in a manner of seconds, especially if they stack enough Special Charge Up abilities.

The Sprinkler is pretty much as you describe. Because of the weapon's incredibly ink efficiency, you can just use the sprinkler whenever you want with no penalty. You don't even need to run any inksavers.

The baller has a startup time however, and can't be used in reaction to just get out of *everything*. If you try, you'll just get splatted during the startup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

raditts posted:

this is cheating, guys

Embrace Sin.

Night Blade posted:

The baller has a startup time however, and can't be used in reaction to just get out of *everything*. If you try, you'll just get splatted during the startup.

I can attest to this from a few times tonight on my run of like, 12 wins and 1 loss. And a lot of this was on Moray even.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 28, 2017