Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah I passed that first try, was very lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
All of the shrines that involved using the gyro controls were awful, but I did manage to do that one my first try by complete accident.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I had to take a 20 hour bus trip from Tennessee and it can't be overstated how great it was to have Zelda with me. The Switch makes the longhaul easy (I still prefer docked though).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Old announcement, but for anyone who thought Indivisible looked cool, it will be coming to the Switch. I'm really looking forward to having a new title to play in 2020.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Old announcement, but for anyone who thought Indivisible looked cool, it will be coming to the Switch. I'm really looking forward to having a new title to play in 2020.

:great:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
At what point during this Blessed Golf Day does Golf Story unlock? I demand a first minute buy. I must immerse myself in Pure Bliss.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is there a season pass for the liberty pack and the Justice for all pack?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you have Breath of the Wild you're in luck!

At least one of the shrines has you try to drive/chip a ball across water and in to a hole. It sucked. I gave up on it when I loaded a save and realized it reset the shrine but I was still out all the weapons I'd busted trying to aim the stupid ball.

There's also the minigame in the Tanagar Canyon beneath the Tabantha Great Bridge with the Goron who has you play golf with a boulder using stasis rune+whanging it with a hammer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Momomo posted:

All of the shrines were awful

Harsh but fair

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
When I was playing BOTW and Blaster Master, it was pretty much 50/50 docked to undocked. Maybe even 60/40 undocked. However, since then, it has been 90/10 docked mostly because I am playing casually with stuff like MK8 or Snake Pass, and have been playing 3DS games away from the TV. My daughter wanting a joycon to race Peach on auto everything while I race doesn't help. So can't really play undocked with her around.

I am sure when I dive heavily into Odyssey, it will probably go back to 60/40 undocked. Or maybe even when Picross S comes out.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i only play undocked when the tv is being used

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Imagine paying $50 for LA Noire because they added touch support. Just imagine

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Alan_Shore posted:

Playing Zelda and Sonic Mania and Mario Kart portable is good.

Playing Splatoon portable is suicide.

Some games are just better docked

Splatoon portable is all right for salmon run. I have no problem keeping my rank strong there.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i always play undocked, i don't have a tv tho so no real choice in the matter

i have used the little stand on the back tho, helps a lot when playing mario kart with my friends

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alan_Shore posted:

Imagine paying $50

i can see it now...exchanging capital for goods and services. mmmm, shilling...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I DONT HAVE TO IMAGINE THINGS IM GOING TO DO

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I wish they would make a sequel with a little more challenge in investigating crime scenes and interrogation. It was fun but held your hand a little too much.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The only hardware announcement we should want to hear out of Nintendo is Switch 2 with full back words compatiblity. I can't think of any reason why they would move away from the architecture they are on already, just crank it up. Hell in my dreams the joy-cons will last as long as the Wiimote did.

I don't want to hear any of this any time soon though.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I DONT HAVE TO IMAGINE THINGS IM GOING TO DO

Actually I think you do. If you already did it, you'd be remembering or recalling, not imagining. If you were in the process of doing it, you'd just be thinking about/experiencing doing it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sucks that Team Bondi's dead and we'll never get a real sequel out of them or that follow-up game Whore of the Orient.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

I wish they would make a sequel with a little more challenge in investigating crime scenes and interrogation. It was fun but held your hand a little too much.

I want Hotel Dusk Switch.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

spit on my clit posted:

i can see it now...exchanging capital for goods and services. mmmm, shilling...

I bought it for £3 on Steam. It doesn't even have the upgraded textures and lighting of the XBONE/PS4 versions, and it's $10 more expensive. Jesus.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/stardew_valley_has_been_finalized_on_nintendo_switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alan_Shore posted:

I bought it for £3 on Steam. It doesn't even have the upgraded textures and lighting of the XBONE/PS4 versions, and it's $10 more expensive. Jesus.

Yeah, I want it but I have to admit that's pretty poo poo charging $10 extra. The so called cart expense isn't really a good excuse for a loving Rockstar game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want Hotel Dusk Switch.

Yes

Policenaut posted:

Sucks that Team Bondi's dead and we'll never get a real sequel out of them or that follow-up game Whore of the Orient.

A drat shame, but I trust Rockstar can still put something decent together if they so desire (though not sure who owns the rights since Rockstar was just the publisher on this). Ya, Whore of the Orient looked interesting, totally forgot about that.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 27, 2017

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I want it but I have to admit that's pretty poo poo charging $10 extra. The so called cart expense isn't really a good excuse for a loving Rockstar game.

Heck I'd probably get it for $20, I think that's a fairer price for a 6 year old port.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
hotel dusk was such a loving cool, vibey little visual novel

that is all

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Another Code was neat too.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Also..... Ouendan.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Splatoon is best played on the free wifi at McDonalds.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's real.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

WHere's picross?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Breath of the waaah, when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQq6oYJbJWQ

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

So that's what DLC 2 is?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's the first half hour of Golf Story, if you want some footage before you get what is obviously going to be GotY 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYos6kdVUnc

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That game’s a real stinker!!!!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

yes, we know about sonic

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

the entire switch library is paying a premium for the fact youre playing on a Nintendo system.
In related news Im not buying a drat thing til Mario cos holy poo poo its easy to get burnt on the eshop

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm looking forward to Mario Bros. today. I have a lot of fond memories of playing that GBA version over link cable, but I've never played the arcade original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's tomorrow

• Locked thread