Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I present exhibit A, Peramene's scum pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Please provide evidence to support your statement.

Why else would she be on trial? Innocent people don't go to jail. I once saw Peramene take a lady's cane, break off the end and give it back to the lady to cause her back problems! Another time Peramene played forums survivor and should therefore surely be executed. And finally, does your client seem innocent? She sought your council over such great orators as I and Pinterest Mom. She picked you because she's looking to get off on the "my lawyer is a bumbling stuntman from The Lion King" defense. Stop doing backflips and open your eyes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Peramene is the only person in the game I know is not the DA, so that makes her mathematically most likely to be scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Could be a slick DA gambit actually

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ty pmom for the explanation

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
"peramene" directly translates to "myself guilty" in old bunun

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Counsel**

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I look at Pera's posts and what do I see? Very little. She's hiding something.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the lawyer sucks

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*in shrill voice, voice thrown to the back of the room* Burn the witch!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if you get me as your lawyer, i can guranteed that you'll be free, kiddo. *rubs my cravat*

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Personally, the person I most want to investigate is "tremendous taste"

##vote tremendous taste

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What if he has a Tremendous Taste...for blood?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Then we can kill him later idk

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

Peramene is the only person in the game I know is not the DA, so that makes her mathematically most likely to be scum.

Cold as ice, they should call you Judge Dredd.

Has someone struck you as more blatantly guilty?

Would vote QPQ for the poorly delivered joke. It's unusual because posing as a cheap defense attorney was pretty ok.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

If class action is what I think it is we should just randomly choose half of the game, get a vote on all of those, find pera guilty today and just cut our population in half in one fell swoop. Speed things up a bit. (If that's what it is WOW)

Also I don't remember enough of 12 Angry Men to do it justice, but someone should. It's a good movie.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Just, like, to be clear:

I will not be executing anybody but peramene today - executing someone that's not the defendant is something we only get to do 3x, and I'm not wasting it day one. If town votes for peramene, she dies. If town votes for someone else, they get investigated. I'd prefer an investigation.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay, if we're gonna investigate someone, can we pick the person who is the hardest to read? I would had gone with pera but you wanted to kill her so...

100yrs?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

i didnt read the op but we should kill merk

Besides the dumb joke this is a bad first post.

Diqnol posted:

I look at Pera's posts and what do I see? Very little. She's hiding something.

A true and fair point.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Just, like, to be clear:

I will not be executing anybody but peramene today - executing someone that's not the defendant is something we only get to do 3x, and I'm not wasting it day one. If town votes for peramene, she dies. If town votes for someone else, they get investigated. I'd prefer an investigation.

hashtag_Judgeoftheyear

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, if we're gonna investigate someone, can we pick the person who is the hardest to read? I would had gone with pera but you wanted to kill her so...

100yrs?

Pera's the defendant, she can't be investigated.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

100yrs?

You genuinely think I'm tough to read? I'm flattered. Also Fisk/Taste has said at least one cognizant thing so far. I see no reason to go after them. Diqnol's joking around more than anything else, which makes me wary. So yeah of those who have posted atm I'd vote Diqnol or QPQ, but my grounds for both is extremely flimsy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, hal is probably the best investigation target, since he's going to be not posting

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pera's the defendant, she can't be investigated.

yeah that's why I suggested 100yrs.

actually im bad at reading in general but pera makes my brain explode.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hard same

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh, hal is probably the best investigation target, since he's going to be not posting

lol. this is actually a good idea

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
is wasting a invest on someone that might afk good

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm going to vote guilty, killing perameme.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Regarding Hal, are Stumps good or bad to have in a game? Because if they're not going to be around but we give them a pass if they turn out town, we have one less target, but I don't feel like they'll show up to vote in any meaningful way.

Going after people who're around gives us players who'll be confirmed and more helpful than someone who isn't.

In other words, I'd rather have a rambunctious and fun kitten who attacks anything who moves and is just as often as wrong than not, but is still an adorable kitten, than a 15 year old lazy cat who sleeps all day. The latter are nice in their own way, but in this setting the former is by far the one I'd rather be certain of.

...I think my metaphor got away from there at the end.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This whole trial is a bullshit sham. I will not be convinced to vote guilty. Get out of here with these lame guilty votes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Regarding Hal, are Stumps good or bad to have in a game? Because if they're not going to be around but we give them a pass if they turn out town, we have one less target, but I don't feel like they'll show up to vote in any meaningful way.

Going after people who're around gives us players who'll be confirmed and more helpful than someone who isn't.

In other words, I'd rather have a rambunctious and fun kitten who attacks anything who moves and is just as often as wrong than not, but is still an adorable kitten, than a 15 year old lazy cat who sleeps all day. The latter are nice in their own way, but in this setting the former is by far the one I'd rather be certain of.

wtf is this old cat hating bullshit. put this bitch on the stand next

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

GulagDolls posted:

All cats suck. Deal with it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

I have an old cat and I'm proud of it. She sleeps all day. She sleeps on things and around things and next to things. She's very sweet. She is not super playful, but she likes to sleep.

If I'm to play game I'd take a kitten. When I want to read all day and have very nice company I'll take the old cat. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The stump mechanic allows us to "kill" a death proof player, but only once. We should keep it around in case we need it and not just fire it off.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

The stump mechanic allows us to "kill" a death proof player, but only once. We should keep it around in case we need it and not just fire it off.

I was suggesting that Hal is as good as a stump the way they are now. Not to use it on them.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Ohhh. I was wondering what deathproof meant.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I was suggesting that Hal is as good as a stump the way they are now. Not to use it on them.

this isn't an accurate representation of your post about hal, and I feel that this is the type of situation that will lead to everyone having hard to dismiss suspicions about you again

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

this is a stickup posted:

this isn't an accurate representation of your post about hal, and I feel that this is the type of situation that will lead to everyone having hard to dismiss suspicions about you again

Well that was my intent going from point A to point B. I'll admit it's not the clearest of phrasings, I do need to re-read before posting, but I rarely ever do so.

And what do you mean by "again?"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

put me in a position of power immediately so I can slay the chocobo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa lot of mean people in his court. I have already posted many times in this game

I’m fine with being investigated though, have at me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Some would say that being compared to a lovable old sleepy cat is the highest form of a compliment.

• Locked thread