Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the only people ever to say bad things about Heenan were Warrior and Dynamite Kid, which actually makes Bobby seem even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think the only people ever to say bad things about Heenan were Warrior and Dynamite Kid, which actually makes Bobby seem even better.

It's pretty much the Percey Pringle rule.

Also what mod do I need to see a three way away with the Rosette sister for in order to get this subforum renamed to the Heenan Family?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
The absolute best at what he did. RIP, Weasel Brain. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGRbK0_RHH0

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIN-lTQP_dA

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Roman Reigns sucks even worse now

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he was the only one who actually worked out his notice when he left the AWA for the WWF. Heenan was a good man in the business.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Roman Reigns sucks even worse now

If he only had a Brain...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yea he's very much a part of the 'if you wanna see how good someone is look at who talked poo poo about them' rule. I've only heard the total scumbags ever have anything more than minor 'eh he was a bit of a dick once when we were out drinking but whatever it was fuckin Bobby Heenan who cares' poo poo to talk.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One of my favorite Heenan moments in commentary is Michaels vs. Martel at Summerslam '92. It's a heel vs. heel match where they're fighting over the affection of Sherri and Sherri's wearing a dress that's missing two pieces in the back, meaning her cheeks were hanging out. Between that and Michaels and Martel repeatedly pulling down each other's tights for a cheating roll-up, an exasperated Heenan yelled, "I've never seen so many smiles in all my life!"

Great story I recall is when his book was coming out, RD Reynolds from Wrestlecrap got to interview him in person. Heenan was such a cool guy during this and they talked for so long that they kept going like an hour or two after running out of tape and only stopped because Heenan had to go do another interview. I don't remember much about the interview itself except when Reynolds asked him about the Ultimate Warrior in WCW. Suddenly, Heenan got up and told him to follow. You'd hear walking, doors opening and so on for about a minute until Heenan asked him to repeat the question.

"What were your thoughts on Warrior's run in WCW?"

*flushing noise*

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How did we all forget when a fan tried to enter the ring?

https://youtu.be/LX3hnt3rFdY

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Gavok posted:

One of my favorite Heenan moments in commentary is Michaels vs. Martel at Summerslam '92. It's a heel vs. heel match where they're fighting over the affection of Sherri and Sherri's wearing a dress that's missing two pieces in the back, meaning her cheeks were hanging out. Between that and Michaels and Martel repeatedly pulling down each other's tights for a cheating roll-up, an exasperated Heenan yelled, "I've never seen so many smiles in all my life!"

Great story I recall is when his book was coming out, RD Reynolds from Wrestlecrap got to interview him in person. Heenan was such a cool guy during this and they talked for so long that they kept going like an hour or two after running out of tape and only stopped because Heenan had to go do another interview. I don't remember much about the interview itself except when Reynolds asked him about the Ultimate Warrior in WCW. Suddenly, Heenan got up and told him to follow. You'd hear walking, doors opening and so on for about a minute until Heenan asked him to repeat the question.

"What were your thoughts on Warrior's run in WCW?"

*flushing noise*

"Better than a prune danish!" :lol:

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Does anyone have that picture of Bobby they used for the tribute? I really like it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bobby Heenan wrestling for All Japan in 1984:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WiffYoxEKE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GreatBrianLast/status/911728049900711936

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

mods please rename Rowdy Ringsports to Heenan's Humanoid Hut tia

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mods rename PSP to r/Nofap-Argentina

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

super macho dude posted:

mods please rename Rowdy Ringsports to Heenan's Humanoid Hut tia

Or Heenan's House of Ham & Eggs

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Platypus Farm posted:

Or Heenan's House of Ham & Eggs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Call it Dead Guy Tavern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just remembered a great Bobby line. During a Hacksaw Jim Duggan match, Duggan did a delayed vertical suplex, and while he held the guy up, he did his thing of sticking out his arm with a thumbs up.

Doing the commentary, Heenan called it a "stupid-plex".

• Locked thread