Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Byolante posted:

The problem with the whole punch a nazi schtick is that it only holds up if you are defending your community from nazis. Doing the equivalent of a 14 year old advertising an open invite party on facebook is pretty clearly not defending your community from a nazi. Its a shame the nazi didn't press charges to be honest because this poo poo is getting out of control and its spreading. There are nazi stickers starting to appear on campus here in Australia, in the past I had only seen nazi iconography in historical FPS games and the army disposals store who had a loving collection of SS daggers in a glass case. The questionable upside is the freedom of speech provision in Australia is only implied and if nazi sticker dude gets caught hes on a one way trip to a section 18c conviction.

"Hey guys there's a Nazi roaming around just a heads up" leading to "oh he's here" leading to people mobilizing is all defending your community, you quisling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Byolante posted:

The only difference between the run of the mill illinois nazi and the inner city poor is what drug is destroying their community and who they turned to for help. They are both shat on by the rich. The traditionalist workers party exists for a reason. But no keep on dividing a class based on racial lines like the people in power want you to.

The trad workers party is a white supremacist organization quisling. They exist because they wanted to try to appear legitimate.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wonder if this Byolante guy is a good faith poster :thunk:

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wonder if this Byolante guy is a good faith poster :thunk:

I can't punch him so I'm just going to patiently explain reality until I get out of work

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
Never underestimate the power of boredom on a night shift

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

gently caress Whitey posted:

The trad workers party is a white supremacist organization quisling. They exist because they wanted to try to appear legitimate.

Theread workers party mix blood and soil white supremacy with common tafe unionist messaging and are successful in meeting the two together to attract disenfranchised poor white people. You need to be forming real trade unions to combat white supremacist trade union larpers.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Byolante posted:

Theread workers party mix blood and soil white supremacy with common tafe unionist messaging and are successful in meeting the two together to attract disenfranchised poor white people. You need to be forming real trade unions to combat white supremacist trade union larpers.

Trade unions are bad and reactionary. We need industrial unions.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The trades are fine for now and are the only organizations really representing the left in political circles. They're desperate for new blood and should be entered with the purpose of (re)radicalizing them

Edit: Yeah the trades have a hosed up history especially wrt letting PoCs in, but they have solidarity and activism that most leftists dream of

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 15:05 on Sep 23, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nazis are very bad, imo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trade unions are more important because your employment and the struggle against your employer is something that gives you common cause with disparate people of various backgrounds. Its really easy to build solidarity when you are fighting towards the same result that is beneficial to all and then once you get a good result you start seeing the Other as just another person you fought with against the fatcat upstairs. That and bussing are the best ways to break racism.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
trade unions are good because my EBA got me 3 percentage point pay increases a year and I can have a paid day off every two weeks if I like without touching my annual leave

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Business Gorillas posted:

The trades are fine for now and are the only organizations really representing the left in political circles. They're desperate for new blood and should be entered with the purpose of (re)radicalizing them

Edit: Yeah the trades have a hosed up history especially wrt letting PoCs in, but they have solidarity and activism that most leftists dream of

racial homogeneity has a way of doin' that yes

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nazis? bad.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nuclear take

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
put this in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrFm3ELbXtY

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

shut up senator graham.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

hahahah you said homo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Byolante posted:

Trade unions are more important because your employment and the struggle against your employer is something that gives you common cause with disparate people of various backgrounds. Its really easy to build solidarity when you are fighting towards the same result that is beneficial to all and then once you get a good result you start seeing the Other as just another person you fought with against the fatcat upstairs. That and bussing are the best ways to break racism.

It doesn't give you common cause with disparate people, it gives you common cause with your fellow tradesmen. Trade Unions have a tendency towards NIMBYism where they don't care about the struggles of people in other industries or trades - so long as they themselves get a fair deal from capital. Labor Federations try to resolve this problem by collectivizing the struggles of trade unions, but labor federations are also prone to in-fighting and fracturing based on self-interest or the federations' own capitulation to capital.

The long-term gradual decline of union representation is a fundamental failure of trade unionism to construct the working class solidarity which is necessary. Granted, even the ability to perform solidarity strikes are illegal under US law - but the longshoremen defy those laws all the time to strike in solidarity with dock workers in foreign countries. American labor in general must be willing to defy anti-labor laws as well.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

shut up senator graham.

cat got your tongue?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It doesn't give you common cause with disparate people, it gives you common cause with your fellow tradesmen. Trade Unions have a tendency towards NIMBYism where they don't care about the struggles of people in other industries or trades - so long as they themselves get a fair deal from capital. Labor Federations try to resolve this problem by collectivizing the struggles of trade unions, but labor federations are also prone to in-fighting and fracturing based on self-interest or the federations' own capitulation to capital.

The long-term gradual decline of union representation is a fundamental failure of trade unionism to construct the working class solidarity which is necessary. Granted, even the ability to perform solidarity strikes are illegal under US law - but the longshoremen defy those laws all the time to strike in solidarity with dock workers in foreign countries. American labor in general must be willing to defy anti-labor laws as well.

I can't really comment on US unions but in Australia we dont have a 'local electricians number 24' or whatever they have in the states, instead we have massive groups like the Construction Forestry Mining & Energy Union I'm not sure if that's what you mean by a 'labor federation' but it works pretty well over here

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
also Jack Hammerman is going to be my username one day

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Slugnoid posted:

I can't really comment on US unions but in Australia we dont have a 'local electricians number 24' or whatever they have in the states, instead we have massive groups like the Construction Forestry Mining & Energy Union I'm not sure if that's what you mean by a 'labor federation' but it works pretty well over here

Yeah, the CFMEU is more like a labor federation than a strict trade union.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, the CFMEU is more like a labor federation than a strict trade union.

I'm Australian and in an Australian union (said cfmeu mentioned above). I only really know about British and Australian unions since i was born after Carter and as such my entire life US labor has been a total poo poo show.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
berkley spent 800k on security for milo but cant find the money to pause their teacher layoffs...
:thunk:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

got any sevens posted:

berkley spent 800k on security for milo but cant find the money to pause their teacher layoffs...
:thunk:

free speech

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nazis are fairly terrible. not good.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

an actual dog posted:

nazis are fairly terrible. not good.

i would rather not see a nazi

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
let's all play Yahtzee instead

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think the number of nazis in the world is too many. should be fewer nazis

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

an actual dog posted:

I think the number of nazis in the world is too many. should be fewer nazis

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Update on saying "gently caress you, Nazi" to an honest to gently caress Neo-Nazi on the clock: Fired a week later exactly.

Such bravery from HR, to not condemn Nazis, lest they become the Nazis.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

Update on saying "gently caress you, Nazi" to an honest to gently caress Neo-Nazi on the clock: Fired a week later exactly.

This is legit hosed up, and I'm sorry you got fired for doing the right thing.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Koalas March posted:

This is legit hosed up, and I'm sorry you got fired for doing the right thing.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

Nah, I have a good fall back, though I do really appreciate the offer, but yeah, apparently Nazis can just parade around now.

KiteAuraan has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Sep 28, 2017

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

KiteAuraan posted:

You should probably name and shame the company because its hosed they would do that and deserve to get raked over the coals in the media but expressions of personal politics in a company space is a very dangerous place to tread in terms of not being fired by shits more concerned with a customer's hurt feelings than common decency. This is why unions and fighting against right to work is a vital part of reclaiming the left.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

KiteAuraan posted:

So you accused someone of being Nazi whereas no one else was privy to the same information you had? Seem very prudent to fire someone like that.

*sees someone wearing a polo shirt in an office environment*
"gently caress YOU NAZI."
*Everyone stares, shakes their head then averts their eyes and tries to get away from the crazy worker screaming about nazis*
"I can't believe I got fired!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

So you accused someone of being Nazi whereas no one else was privy to the same information you had? Seem very prudent to fire someone like that.

*Everyone stares, shakes their head then averts their eyes and tries to get away from the crazy worker screaming about nazis*

Byolante posted:

You should probably name and shame the company because its hosed they would do that and deserve to get raked over the coals in the media but expressions of personal politics in a company space is a very dangerous place to tread in terms of not being fired by shits more concerned with a customer's hurt feelings than common decency. This is why unions and fighting against right to work is a vital part of reclaiming the left.

signed, two guys who are really terrified about being identified as nazis for some reason

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

To be in a position to shout gently caress you nazi at a customer the poster was probably working in hospitality or retail. I could very well believe that some scumbag in a hitler did nothing wrong tshirt wanted to get a super size meal deal after the harrowing experience of having to walk across a park holding a sign.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

signed, two guys who are really terrified about being identified as nazis for some reason

Ate poo poo's post looks like appologia but what in mine was me running interference for nazis? I was arguing for stronger worker protections so that when you shout gently caress you nazi the company can't sack you for it.

Maybe you are seeing things that aren't there, are you Louise Mensch in disguise? :thunk:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

The big Neo-Nazi tattoos and sweater with a giant SS on it were pretty telling, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The customer's altways right

• Locked thread