Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

What do you think about :

b-minus1 posted:

I mean you're welcome to investigate me if you want lol. it would just be a waste and yes this is a hardclaim that i am vanilla town

and

Hal Incandenza posted:

Generally agree its better not to vote pERA today even though she is being suspiciously quiet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
1) "why me fry me", investigate b- ffs
2) I'm not seriously entertaining anything specifically designed to get to me, but fwiw I think it's pretty fuckin weird to intentionally chill my desire to engage and then call my absence suspicious. would vitriol vote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Retro is always scum tbh

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

bminus’s conduct thus far reminds me a lot of his play in “Death of the Author,” where he flipped scum. It’s the same jokey, mechanics-focused posting.

I have expressed issue with Hal’s equivocating before, but bminus’s most investigation posts give me a worse vibe. I would lean toward a discussion focused on him/her tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
"maybe we should not kill peranene on day 1 and instead investigate another player"
"here are two people that have mostly been afk, perhaps we could start with them"
- why these two and not you instead?!?!
"Investigate if you want but I'm town"

^^^^can you please tell me how you would respond?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have surveyed all the evidence and I believe we should be investigating Tired Moritz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

bminus’s conduct thus far reminds me a lot of his play in “Death of the Author,” where he flipped scum. It’s the same jokey, mechanics-focused posting.

I have expressed issue with Hal’s equivocating before, but bminus’s most investigation posts give me a worse vibe. I would lean toward a discussion focused on him/her tomorrow.

I wasn't equivocating, I was making a mechanics related point.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Retro is always scum tbh

I've never been scum in my life

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Retro Futurist posted:

I've never been scum in my life

Sounds like something scum would say.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

think about it. theres no game in history where everyone but 1 player, who was confirmed town, was lynched day 1. this is the chance to have your name forever enshrined in the hall of mafia legends until it's bulldozed in 2020 due to this website shutting down then

Not against this idea. It'd be possible if everyone voted themselves just once and gulag voted pera for her +1 over everyone else. Pmom brings down the hammer. Town wins.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Is it your previous experience with him that makes you lean scum? Because a lot of other people have discussed a pragmatic mechanics-based vote.

I have to run to work. I'll be back in the evening and I'll do what I can to make something out of this mess.

1 last question Jeabus Mahogany. Is Pera talking to you a lot in your masonry? And what besides makes you feel so certain that she's town? That is to say, besides the role you play as her attorney do you think she's come off as truthful and sincere to you in your chats, and why exactly?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Diqnol posted:

Why else would she be on trial? Innocent people don't go to jail.

Only if we do our jobs properly!

Diqnol posted:

I once saw Peramene take a lady's cane, break off the end and give it back to the lady to cause her back problems!

The courts have addressed this! The cane was too big for her, it was an act of assistance! The lady in fact provided recompense in the form of a home-baked cookie!

Diqnol posted:

Another time Peramene played forums survivor and should therefore surely be executed.

Bigotry will not be tolerated in these venerable halls.

Diqnol posted:

And finally, does your client seem innocent? She sought your council over such great orators as I and Pinterest Mom. She picked you because she's looking to get off on the "my lawyer is a bumbling stuntman from The Lion King" defense. Stop doing backflips and open your eyes.

This court is not one of "seems".It is one of COLD. HARD. FACTS.

In the interest of keeping these proceedings dignified, I shall ignore your blatant attempt to discredit my integrity.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Peramene is the only person in the game I know is not the DA, so that makes her mathematically most likely to be scum.

Your research has flawed reasoning, as evidenced:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Could be a slick DA gambit actually

this is a stickup posted:

"peramene" directly translates to "myself guilty" in old bunun

In Old Angiln it directly translates to "completely innocent".

Diqnol posted:

I look at Pera's posts and what do I see? Very little. She's hiding something.

Well I see a poor falsely accused soul. It is my duty to ensure that the court see it too.

Diqnol posted:

*in shrill voice, voice thrown to the back of the room* Burn the witch!

If I could ask the police to arrest this arsonist? They have no place here.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Generally agree its better not to vote pERA today even though she is being suspiciously quiet

Others have addressed this, but I include it here for completion's sake.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

1 last question Jeabus Mahogany. Is Pera talking to you a lot in your masonry? And what besides makes you feel so certain that she's town? That is to say, besides the role you play as her attorney do you think she's come off as truthful and sincere to you in your chats, and why exactly?

I have consulted with my client, and while I refuse to break confidentiality, I will say I am confident in this case, as I am in all cases!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it your previous experience with him that makes you lean scum? Because a lot of other people have discussed a pragmatic mechanics-based vote.

I have to run to work. I'll be back in the evening and I'll do what I can to make something out of this mess.

Reminds me of past behavior.

b-minus1 posted:

"maybe we should not kill peranene on day 1 and instead investigate another player"
"here are two people that have mostly been afk, perhaps we could start with them"
- why these two and not you instead?!?!
"Investigate if you want but I'm town"

^^^^can you please tell me how you would respond?

Probably by stating my reasoning from the get-go and finding a justification that didn't revolve solely around lurking.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

In Old Angiln it directly translates to "completely innocent".

I cannot dispute this bold claim

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Right I'm off to bed for a bit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not going to be engaging with people roleplaying as lawyers tbh

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

mostly same but it's fine this early imo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im gonna roleplay as a psychic tho

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

im gonna roleplay as a psychic tho

who wins

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Diqnol posted:

Another time Peramene played forums survivor and should therefore surely be executed.

This statement is 100% true but has nothing to do with this game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

There seem to be enough nuggets of truth for me to believe that Jebus at least believes whatever pera's been saying in their masonry. Now they just have to convince us to believe it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

i need someone to die first

have we agreed to choose someone already

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

i need someone to die first

have we agreed to choose someone already

I think it was you!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
do you reallly want to waste a clear on me though

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

No. we do not. everyone vote for yourself so we can carry out the plan to destroy lm's psyche

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol sure

##vote tired moritz

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Confused. Thought the only possible votes were to declare perm innocent or guilty

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Confused. Thought the only possible votes were to declare perm innocent or guilty

you can vote for anyone! the defendant system is a cosmetic add-on to the mafia game that allows the judge to fudge with the execution, and might give a couple players a boon.

(voting for me is probably useless, but besides that.)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm awake

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Coming to you live from innovation in game design think tank something awful dot com, direct from today's judge: people having fun is bad

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

you can vote for anyone! the defendant system is a cosmetic add-on to the mafia game that allows the judge to fudge with the execution, and might give a couple players a boon.

(voting for me is probably useless, but besides that.)

Well, poo poo!

##vote: bminus

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

Coming to you live from innovation in game design think tank something awful dot com, direct from today's judge: people having fun is bad

as it should be!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

No. we do not. everyone vote for yourself so we can carry out the plan to destroy lm's psyche

it would be really funny. ##vote100yrs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Court is now in session.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My observations after thoroughly reading what's been said:

Mord's dismissiveness towards the game structure is far more vitriolic than say, pmom's. Plus they vouch for pera for some reason. I get the impression that Mord has been granted extra information about the game that makes them feel above the rules, and I can't see how that benefit would be granted to town this early in the game.

this is a stickup posted:

##vote peramene

Are you still thoroughly confident in your vote? You also seemed to drop any ideas you had towards me despite saying I wasn't properly explaining myself.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have surveyed all the evidence and I believe we should be investigating Tired Moritz

It's a surprising choice honestly. Do you think Moritz is a particularly good town player, enough so that it's worth confirming them, or what? They're brand of irreverent non-posting isn't all that unique compared to the stuff we've been seeing in-game.

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah that's why I suggested 100yrs.

actually im bad at reading in general but pera makes my brain explode.

Are you though? You always seem to have some sort of idea of what you're doing. And you suggest me because you think I'm hard to read? Any other reasons besides that?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm going to be pretending this is just straight maf

So why be pragmatic and game the system? I realize it's the best choice, but it feels way less fun...

b-minus1 posted:

I prefer an investigation over killing peramene. Top choices to investigate are vector_to and Retro Futurist.

Subtle lurker call-out. While it's true that RF and Vector haven't been around, this is a really sneaky way of calling them out of it. You may have been crucified for it but it'd of been more honest to just say "we should investigate lurkers".

I get what QPQ is saying about b-minus BUT they were pretty awkwardly executable last game too so... I don't know. I don't like them calling out the lurkers in such a fashion though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I have consulted with my client, and while I refuse to break confidentiality, I will say I am confident in this case, as I am in all cases!

Does this mean you would defend scum as town, even if you knew them to be scum?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

The onus is on the accuser to present the first evidence. Until that happens, I see no reason for my client to address this statement.

This is tricky because we're forced to accuse pera of something. She's wisely staying out of the day to not give us any fodder (odd as that may seem to some people). The only reason I have to vote her is to get my boon (I declared her guilty before realizing we could vote elsewhere), but frankly I don't think it's worth losing a town player to earn it. And while I'm not prepared to declare pera town, I've got little reason to think she's out-and-out scum. Though the post below is questionable:

peramene posted:

Not yet. I could throw darts if I wanted but just tossing darts at shitposting isn't exactly good play. I've learned to mostly keep my mouth shut d1 - I'm either totally off-base or I get steamrolled. Difficult for me to focus on anyone else in that environ.

I don't agree with this at all. Not generating content will result in a stagnant came and player apathy, which generally works towards the scums advantage. Why promote this if your town as you claim?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

After a short recess, my team of investigators have brought me piles of information on posters in this game. After reviewing the packets on my desk, I have the following observation to report:

- 100 yrs is going to great pains to demonstrate to the court that he seeks justice, but what do his posts truly represent? Fingering (THIS IS A COURT OF LAW!) QPQ due to a poorly executed joke, fingering me for a series of perfectly executed jokes, spewing words from his little pencil lips without any true meaning but with many, many words like

"Exhibit A posted:

In other words, I'd rather have a rambunctious and fun kitten who attacks anything who moves and is just as often as wrong than not, but is still an adorable kitten, than a 15 year old lazy cat who sleeps all day. The latter are nice in their own way, but in this setting the former is by far the one I'd rather be certain of.

And on top of it all? The tenacity to clear suspicion of Taste because he said one substantive thing. Please. Ladies, Gentlemen and Human Beings of the court, ask yourselves; is this the demeanor of an innocent man? Sweaty palms, nervous word soup, self depreciating content? I say no. He should be investigated. ##vote 100yrsofplatitude

-

Hal Incandenza posted:

This makes no sense. Why are you protecting Peramene?

- Mord is playing hard into being an rear end. Is this normal for him? I've placed him under observation by some of my best people.

- Defense counsel took a long time formulating a response to some basic accusations. Maybe if he'd stop driving around the courtroom doing a handstand on his dirt bike we'd get more done, your honor. Also, what alternative to his client's guilt has the defense presented to the court? I have seen little to no attempt at clearing his clients name with his own investigations. Is this because he knows of her guilt?

- The defendant has yet to say or do anything to persuade me from my attack course. Why should we believe she is not guilty?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just haven't really had anything to do add yet and I'm still learning the ropes for this style.

I mean if you guys want to investigate me so I'm confirmed town that's fine, but I do agree it's odd that B's top two picks for scum are lurkers. You'd think he'd have found something useful in the multiple pages of actual content we've had.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i dont play with 100yrs enough to understand their meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't agree with this at all. Not generating content will result in a stagnant came and player apathy, which generally works towards the scums advantage. Why promote this if your town as you claim?

Generating content just to have content isn't valuable, detracts from more meaningful content coming from others, and necessarily draws negative attention towards myself. I say things when there are things to say.

Almost every game I've seen recently had multiple people complaining about post counts, word counts, or "lots of words that don't mean anything". I'm not going to willfully contribute to those and especially not on day one, the dumbest day.

• Locked thread