Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hanyolo posted:

30 posts and no ENELOOPs comment yet?

jfc, get some eneloops they will change your life I can guarantee everyone has something in their house that still uses batteries (if not check with your wife she certainly will)

Also friendly reminder Cuphead also come out in 2 days finally make sure your battery of choice is charged

I've been using eneloops on my 360 for a year and they're great :colbert:

As much as I like the PS4 I like more the 360 pad with eneloops. I'm a moster but I enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

hanyolo posted:

jfc, get some eneloops they will change your life I can guarantee everyone has something in their house that still uses batteries (if not check with your wife she certainly will)

Also friendly reminder Cuphead also come out in 2 days finally make sure your battery of choice is charged

🙌

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Awesome! posted:

its really not that hard unless you have crab hands or something

I miss crab hands

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Even if it doubles the input lag that's a 10ms difference. It's tiny. People talk about input lag all the time but I don't see it actually affecting anyone other than maybe people playing fighting games in a tournament. I'm incredibly suspect of anyone that claims they can tell a difference otherwise.

You underestimate the heightened senses of a true gamer, sir, which can count frames per second and give accurate input lag to +/- 2ms.

hanyolo posted:

I bought some a bunch eneloops and a charger from The Internet for like 20 bucks and whenever something like a controller goes dead I just swap them out of the charger that's next to the couch. Worlds great. 10/10 would buy again.

Also: yes, Cuphead!

Finster Dexter posted:

I miss crab hands

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Like one week into bonerdom the bonetroller creaks and deforms under any sort of grip like some 10 dollar universal tv remote, half the buttons have weird wiggle room in their seats and it wont play nice with half the rechargeables ive got. It sucks.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Are you implying Intel's wife has crab hands?!?!?!

Well we don't know I guess, for all we know she has hands like spatchcocks.

Keep a close eye on Intel and see if he buys any Hyperkin Duke controllers for his xbone. That'll be a dead giveaway.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The bone is supposed to be for my wife but she contracted elder scrolls online fever and her brothers xbone is broken so she's got the ps4 for now. She says she hates the grips on the dual shock and that theyre for dumb people with "trump hands"

Destiny 2 is a good game

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 28, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Besides the batteries and creakiness and weird arbitrary symbols for start and select the bonetroller is pretty good

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have multiple controllers and I don't really get the creakiness thing.

Can you post a video of it or something? I'm super curious.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Did the bonetrollers get flimsier after the launch model or something?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I didn’t notice my bonetroller creaking until this thread mentioned it and now I do. So thanks I guess.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What the hell are you guys doing to your controllers? I just twisted my xbone, switch pro, and steam controllers and none of them creak.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's like that one guy in here with the crazy grip that was breaking his controllers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The DS4 is the smoothest feeling controller I've ever handled, but the 360 Afterglow ain't bad either.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my xbone controller does not creak but the rubber on the back of the grips is coming off

only the most minimal of drift, however, which is cool

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only controllers I've ever hated is the uncomfortable, stiff rear end dreamcast one and the Fat Xbox one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dreamcast wire, why do you haunt me?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

Dreamcast wire, why do you haunt me?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's like that one guy in here with the crazy grip that was breaking his controllers.

crab hands!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It doesn't take a lot of effort and idk if its just mine, but its real. I can move the seams around on the back/inside portion near the triggers to where one side will almost go under the other.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crab hands :thunk:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It doesn't take a lot of effort and idk if its just mine, but its real. I can move the seams around on the back/inside portion near the triggers to where one side will almost go under the other.

No it's not just you. One of my bonetrollers started doing this but I figured it was just because I took it apart and swapped out the analog sticks for some aftermarket sticks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crab hands is just what he calls his wife after she scratches her cooch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shh dude she can take all of us

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Finster Dexter posted:

No it's not just you. One of my bonetrollers started doing this but I figured it was just because I took it apart and swapped out the analog sticks for some aftermarket sticks.

So if you agree with him that he is not alone, then you say that you took it apart and changed the sticks... it sounds like you hosed up, not the controller's fault.

I don't know what people do with controllers, mines survive for years. I'm starting to believe in crab hands.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ever notice how when you grab your lovely xbox controller, sometimes your hand cuts it in half for no reason? Such garbage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The grips are just clipped on there, if you manhandle them enough they're gonna move, and if the plastic gives enough they're not gonna go back to the way they were.

Crab hands will do it.

On the plus side if it's really bothering you, you can wedge some paper or something in the parts that clip together to hold things steady.

I wouldn't recommend gluing them on, the grips are meant to come off to access the screws holding the controller together.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The controller that came with my S creaks quite a bit, maybe because I use it too much. The one that came with my Oculus Rift doesn't creak at all, but I've put maybe 5 hours on it since I got it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sounds haunted. Get a rabbi to give it a once over for dibicks

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Anybody have any idea what that 6.25 gig update for Ruiner was?

Seems like there's about less than no info.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ruiner 6.25GB update Patch notes:
You now control your character by crushing the controller laterally in your hands, Mikkkro$oft required this change after recent forums posts have indicated that some controllers don't creak.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so sorry, guys. It was all my fault.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Cuphead owns first good exclusive on any console since 2011.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Besides the batteries and creakiness and weird arbitrary symbols for start and select the bonetroller is pretty good

It's the best controller I've ever used, I don't have an Xbone but I got the controller for my PC and it's the biz. I use venom rechargeable battery packs so that isn't really a problem either.

I think the bumpers could be better but honestly once I start playing games I literally never notice. I've heard that later controllers have improved them though.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ruiner good? The reviews have been saying it's more work than play and kind of tedious.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

fishmech posted:

Cuphead owns first good exclusive on any console since 2011.

Better than :bloodborne:???

lmao I don't think so

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont take the bait

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cuphead does look fuckin great. Time to dust the ol' bone off.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ruiner good? The reviews have been saying it's more work than play and kind of tedious.

+ Oozes style, music is great when you get going through a level (great in general.) looks pretty damned nice, I like how a room looks after a good fight.

-/+ Playing it on normal and it's hard. Game expects you to git gud, or not be incompetant. I personally think it's fine, it's a hard game?

- Sounds are kind of not mixed for poo poo, have to turn my tv way up.

Still would like to know what that damned over six gig update was about, it might've fixed the lovely sound a little?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awesome! posted:

dont take the bait