Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
my main problem is that people would write 1000 words and not write a tldr. don't you guys learn about summaries in high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Subtle lurker call-out. While it's true that RF and Vector haven't been around, this is a really sneaky way of calling them out of it. You may have been crucified for it but it'd of been more honest to just say "we should investigate lurkers".

I get what QPQ is saying about b-minus BUT they were pretty awkwardly executable last game too so... I don't know. I don't like them calling out the lurkers in such a fashion though.

I really wasn't trying to be that subtle. I went to the op, looked at the user list, and picked two players with only a few posts. I supposed I should have explicitly said "investigate lurkers, here two my two choices"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Diqnol posted:

- Defense counsel took a long time formulating a response to some basic accusations. Maybe if he'd stop driving around the courtroom doing a handstand on his dirt bike we'd get more done, your honor. Also, what alternative to his client's guilt has the defense presented to the court? I have seen little to no attempt at clearing his clients name with his own investigations. Is this because he knows of her guilt?

- The defendant has yet to say or do anything to persuade me from my attack course. Why should we believe she is not guilty?

Let the man live, drat.

The structure of the game demands the maximization of available resources which means I ought be presumed not guilty for now, while we all leverage the abilities of the judge and hypothetical others on night one. Vote to investigate, not incinerate. Who to investigate is as always a crap shoot but having the option means we should use it. Nonkilling capabilities will wane in influence as the game proceeds.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

my main problem is that people would write 1000 words and not write a tldr. don't you guys learn about summaries in high school

Summaries are written for people whose time we value.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if you do not participate in my plan you will forever be branded a coward

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Diqnol posted:

Maybe if he'd stop driving around the courtroom doing a handstand on his dirt bike

so it turns out I'm a really cool lawyer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does this mean you would defend scum as town, even if you knew them to be scum?

I doubt that will come to pass.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Gulag and b-minus are scum. Hth

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Don't get a sxum vibe from 100. Points seem logical and consistent.

Took mord's original pist as a joke and forgot about it, but need to reread.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Mordiceius posted:

Elaborate.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mordiceius posted:

lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

QuoProQuid posted:

Elaborate.

Nah.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I definitely think today is the best day for an investigation, while we've still got room to breathe.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

while we've still got room to breathe.

That's a big assumption.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

That's a big assumption.

Well, it's the most room we'll ever have.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Well, it's the most room we'll ever have.

Again. You are assuming.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

please don't leave me out of the fishing expedition, y'all

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Again. You are assuming.

maybe if mord is the vote I'll flip him

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

maybe if mord is the vote I'll flip him

It would be such a waste.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maybe lay off the unhelpful magic eight ball schtick and use your words to say what you mean

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

maybe lay off the unhelpful magic eight ball schtick and use your words to say what you mean

Ask again later.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Ask again later.

"Again later?"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If Mord is going to be like this all game we should just vote them out.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yeah. we should vote him out, and in addition to that, we should vote out every single player in the game except for me, and to that end, vote yourself now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How about no bitch!!!!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Diqnol posted:

ah, I see you are assuming that the game will last more than a day

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Diqnol posted:

Why make this statement if you won't commit with a vote, scum?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why call me scum if you aren't willing to at the same time vote for me, scum?

See how stupid and belligerent you sound?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I would vote for you, if I had the power to vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
what is going on in this thread.

I want to add JFisk to the list of lurkers to investigate.

is there a way to expedite this whole process ?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fisk is on a short time out right now because he was naughty

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

what is going on in this thread.

I want to add JFisk to the list of lurkers to investigate.

is there a way to expedite this whole process ?

Why do you want to investigate lurkers and not people with actual content to compare it with?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TLDR
B-minus: Post non-lurker reads because you're looking worse.

T Moritz I'm more cautious as scum as I feel beholden to my team mates. As town I'm free as a bird to say whatever I want.

pera I don't mind length, I find it hard you have nothing to add even at this point.

b-minus1 posted:

I really wasn't trying to be that subtle. I went to the op, looked at the user list, and picked two players with only a few posts. I supposed I should have explicitly said "investigate lurkers, here two my two choices"

People not paying attention to the game would've seen two players and not what they represent. I respect that you're consistently anti-lurker but as RF points out it's a strange stance to take especially as things are just getting started. Besides lurkers who's been bothering you?

Tired Moritz posted:

i dont play with 100yrs enough to understand their meta

I try to find scum. I'm pretty bad at it. I don't think I'm funny so I don't try to poo poo-post and I find it hard to play with players that do. I'm fairly mealy-mouthed, self-deprecating, and equivocating when I write, since, as a rule, I find it hard to take a firm stance on things in life. I speak my mind more often and more sincerely when town as I have nothing to lose. I'm far more cautious as scum since I feel bad letting down the rest of team, as I feel beholden to them to do a good job.

or maybe that's not what you wanted?

peramene posted:

Generating content just to have content isn't valuable, detracts from more meaningful content coming from others, and necessarily draws negative attention towards myself. I say things when there are things to say.

Almost every game I've seen recently had multiple people complaining about post counts, word counts, or "lots of words that don't mean anything". I'm not going to willfully contribute to those and especially not on day one, the dumbest day.

Do as you like but you'll never see me complain about posting or post length. If it really is that unbearable I just won't read it, but then that's on me and not you.

I just find it strange you don't have anything to say. Not only are you the center of the show, but you know, things are happening.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TLDR

##vote Mordiceius

Mordiceius posted:

I would vote for you, if I had the power to vote.

This is just antagonistically obstructive.

Diqnol posted:

I agree.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bad vote!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And yet it feels so good. Definitely where I want my vote at this point.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
day one is really important, and significant, always

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

100YrsofAttitude posted:

People not paying attention to the game would've seen two players and not what they represent. I respect that you're consistently anti-lurker but as RF points out it's a strange stance to take especially as things are just getting started. Besides lurkers who's been bothering you?

Honestly? What's bothering me is I can't get a legitimate read on anyone. I have been pushing for an investigation of lurkers to try to get people to post more. I’ve read the last couple of pages a few times now, and nothing is really pinging me as scum. Or rather, I can't distinguish between jokepost and scum post. Overall, you have done the best job at summarizing the activity of the players in this game.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that I am against lynching peramene on the first day of this format I have never played before. An investigation seems like a much better option. You can disagree with me regarding the target of the investigation (and to be fair, almost everyone does). Call this a cop out answer if you’d like, but these are my thoughts on this very strange day 1.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm fairly mealy-mouthed, self-deprecating, and equivocating when I write, since, as a rule, I find it hard to take a firm stance on things in life. I speak my mind more often and more sincerely when town as I have nothing to lose. I'm far more cautious as scum since I feel bad letting down the rest of team, as I feel beholden to them to do a good job.

or maybe that's not what you wanted?

btw 100yrs, I forgot to go back and reply to you because I soon realized I was thinking of the lord of hats.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

The only thing I can say with certainty is that I am against lynching peramene on the first day of this format I have never played before. An investigation seems like a much better option. You can disagree with me regarding the target of the investigation (and to be fair, almost everyone does). Call this a cop out answer if you’d like, but these are my thoughts on this very strange day 1.

Is it really that strange though? We're getting dragged out joke phase, kicking and screaming, as always, but I think it's pretty safe to take most things at face value. I am at least in regards to Mord.

That said take a second and think why wasting an investigation on a lurker is wasteful. If they continue lurking, even as confirmed town, we can't reliably count on their vote or presence. If a doc decides to protect one we run the risk of losing more active players, and as I mentioned before player apathy is dangerous for town. Lurkers are players we have disregard for now and we need to focus on the players who are here, especially if their presence can be more beneficial, which an investigation could prove. Were Pmom thinking of just killing whoever we voted, which he isn't, then I'd say more logic to your argument because, hey, they're just lurkers. But that's not really the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

TLDR

##vote Mordiceius

This is just antagonistically obstructive.

I agree.

It is not within my power to meddle within these affairs.

Until it is.

• Locked thread