Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wolverine's uniform is actually kinda bad. After playing against a bunch of them today in PVP, the 15% damage reduction doesn't actually seem to make him survive noticeably better. All the same guys I was using to kill him before are still killing him no problem.

Plus his skill changes aren't very good, his 3 skill seems maybe even worse because there's less movement and it still isn't an iframe and itmakes you jump away from the enemies which can make it harder to skill cancel out of if you need to. Also he's still a combat hero so it doesn't let him slot in that Carnage XAB day.

And it's more expensive than a normal uniform but has the same base stats as a normal uniform, also using feathers to upgrade but feathers are capped at 2k and I need those feathers for Cable and Apocalypse for the forseeable future.

D- would not buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rogue's uniform also sucks because it's the first uniform I've seen that literally has no uniform bonus. On any other uniform there would be a bonus and then that heal buff would be part of the skill changes. Except on this uniform they only did 2 crappy skill changes and then realized they didn't have a uniform bonus so they wrote in the skill change effect as the "uniform bonus". Total garbage.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Yup, definitely a dud of a patch. But its sorta to be expected when this was just the lopped off tip of the last patch. If these were part of the last patch we'd be just going ehhhhhhh

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Differo Cathedra posted:

:negative:

Its me.

I'm that dumb.

edit: I'm not alone. :unsmith:

Heck, I've got all of them, even the Goblin one. And I've ranked them all up to at least Advanced, apart from Wolvie and Rogue. Though, even I'm not stupid enough to buy 15k crystals and waste them on unlocking Apocalypse fast. I have more than enough on my hands with getting Cable and SW from 5* to 6*.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Does Moon Knight need his uniform to be top tier?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It helps, but he is not really top tier at all anymore. I get some use in Shadowlands but mostly as a filler in the higher level rumbles.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Cool, was just going based on this.

I am lacking in combat anyway so guess its worth ranking him up even if isn't accurate.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Here's a slightly newer one, and of course everyone has arguments on where each character goes, but yea.

Moon Knight isn't even in the same realm as Agent Venom though, and honestly not Anti Venom either.

With the few not on that list, I'd put Quicksilver either on Jean tier or with the two spideys. Cable is Strange level, maybe not as good in timeline but better in ABX. Witch is hard to say, she's only top tier in timeline and only against energy attack characters. No clue where Apoc goes but from the little I have seen he is nuts.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Quicksilver is the best speed character and it's not even close. He's better in PVP than Sharon or Dormammu or Odin, about on Thanos level imo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cinara posted:

Here's a slightly newer one, and of course everyone has arguments on where each character goes, but yea.

Moon Knight isn't even in the same realm as Agent Venom though, and honestly not Anti Venom either.

With the few not on that list, I'd put Quicksilver either on Jean tier or with the two spideys. Cable is Strange level, maybe not as good in timeline but better in ABX. Witch is hard to say, she's only top tier in timeline and only against energy attack characters. No clue where Apoc goes but from the little I have seen he is nuts.

Added to OP

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Who is that between sandman and MK?

Also I had no idea that any version of Cap is considered top tier. Is that the hydra uni?

and obligatory 'singularity should be higher'

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

NmareBfly posted:

Who is that between sandman and MK?

Also I had no idea that any version of Cap is considered top tier. Is that the hydra uni?

and obligatory 'singularity should be higher'

Punisher with the Daredevil Netflix skin. Which begs the question as to when the hell Punisher ascended to Moon King level.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah I mean maybe chart-maker knows something I don't but I've never heard thing one about Punisher ever being more than garbo.

It's be neat to have an equivalent chart for T1, though it might not be that different. More useful for new players, though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I know Cap was supposed to be better in Battleworld and Shadowlands after his small rework and that uni, but I think the biggest thing is that Combat characters just suck for the most part.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cinara posted:

I know Cap was supposed to be better in Battleworld and Shadowlands after his small rework and that uni, but I think the biggest thing is that Combat characters just suck for the most part.

No, you just suck for the most part.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
AoA Wolverine's winning pose still has his claws still poking out from his dismembered stump :3:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i made a guide for killing quicksilver in less than 15s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYk_HeBcTS4

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

fart simpson posted:

i made a guide for killing quicksilver in less than 15s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYk_HeBcTS4

My guess would be that the people struggling with this are people that don't have every native tier 2 at 6/6/4-20 with their uniforms to use as strikers.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

AoA Wolverine's winning pose still has his claws still poking out from his dismembered stump :3:

iirc he did that in the comics and said "guess what bub i still have my claws in my stump snikt"

between that and kravens laser nips, nm's obscure panels continuity dude is killin it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nails posted:

My guess would be that the people struggling with this are people that don't have every native tier 2 at 6/6/4-20 with their uniforms to use as strikers.

you can do it with lots of regular t2 strikers too

i suspect its got more to do with how good your cards are tbh

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I have 1500c. Do I buy thanos uni or hobo spidey + something else?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thanos uni is good

hobo spidey is good

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What is considered an elemental attack for ultimate ebony maw? Apparently not rhulk's fire damage, since he is physical based ;(

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Erdricks posted:

What is considered an elemental attack for ultimate ebony maw? Apparently not rhulk's fire damage, since he is physical based ;(

JEAN GREY

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

With Sharon and Elsa at T2, and Hobofist grinding up 420 I'm just now at the point where I can reliably kill a normal world boss twice a day by button mashing, though I haven't tried Thanos lately. I have the skinny alien dude with the pillars unlocked, and am close to Proxima. I'm nowhere near Jean, Wolverine, Strange, Dormammu or Odin. I assume if I can beat Thanos he's the best one to actually level up. Are any of the other black order worth doing sooner? Is Quicksilver doable with Sharon, Elsa, and Hobofist with crappy cards and isos?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Seems we have to select factions again.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bagrada posted:

With Sharon and Elsa at T2, and Hobofist grinding up 420 I'm just now at the point where I can reliably kill a normal world boss twice a day by button mashing, though I haven't tried Thanos lately. I have the skinny alien dude with the pillars unlocked, and am close to Proxima. I'm nowhere near Jean, Wolverine, Strange, Dormammu or Odin. I assume if I can beat Thanos he's the best one to actually level up. Are any of the other black order worth doing sooner? Is Quicksilver doable with Sharon, Elsa, and Hobofist with crappy cards and isos?

Try Quicksilver to see if you can beat him. He's honestly probably better than any of the Black Order now except for Thanos, but you probably don't need Thanos anytime soon anyway. Quicksilver is by far the best speed character in the game.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
First it forced me to join Anti, then it said a spy was discovered, and now I've been forced into Pro. What?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
maybe dont be a filthy spy???????

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Go, anti! Who wants to be on a list anyway.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

First it forced me to join Anti, then it said a spy was discovered, and now I've been forced into Pro. What?

it happens

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah, I think the very first of these they did way back in the dawn of time got like 60-40 membership and the 60% team just completely stomped the other team for a week because it's a game of pure numbers. Since then they've done silly things to keep it as close to 50-50 participation as they can to make it look like there's a real race.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah I mean maybe chart-maker knows something I don't but I've never heard thing one about Punisher ever being more than garbo.

It's be neat to have an equivalent chart for T1, though it might not be that different. More useful for new players, though.

Punisher's Netflix uniform does improve him a lot.

A big part of the reason MK has fallen is that he can still be bursted through his regeneration and his damage even with costume is pretty middling, both of which prevent him from being top tier like he used to be. He's still solid and I get use out of him on SL sometimes, usually between 15-20, but he can't compete with the top tier combats at all.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Should I T2 Elsa (Monsters) or Magneto? Both are fresh 60's with full gears, but that's it: no upgraded skills, no iso sets and no obelisks yet.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Datasmurf posted:

Go, anti! Who wants to be on a list anyway.

you're on the list now bub

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
How are you guys beating WBU Thanos? Everything I have read was "LOL, use Jean Grey n00b!". Only problem is I use her and she gets her poo poo pushed in like 25 seconds later. She does the damage great, just she is made of paper. What strikers are you guys using? I can only figure its something to do with that.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

Should I T2 Elsa (Monsters) or Magneto? Both are fresh 60's with full gears, but that's it: no upgraded skills, no iso sets and no obelisks yet.

Depends on the rest of your roster. They're both really good and near top of their categories so neither is a bad choice. I might lean magneto, in a vacuum? Blast is way more overstuffed but having an extra villain on hand for shadowlands can be invaluable.

Also I just noticed that this event quest has a bunch of DAILY awards that are pretty okay. Do not save all your tokens for the last day like we've always wanted to do in the past.

E: I'm bad at numbers

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 29, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nails posted:

Yeah, everyone who says its easy has some combination of Thanos/Odin/Jean/Dormammu in this mix. I don't have any of them. In hindsight I probably wish I had worked on Dormammu or Thanos over Proxima since by the time I got her I was pretty underwhelmed since I already had over a dozen T2s of quality. But I'm working on Jean now and its just a matter of saving gold and bios. I'll do Quicksilver after that probably.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

im freaking the heck out posted:

How are you guys beating WBU Thanos? Everything I have read was "LOL, use Jean Grey n00b!". Only problem is I use her and she gets her poo poo pushed in like 25 seconds later. She does the damage great, just she is made of paper. What strikers are you guys using? I can only figure its something to do with that.

Try dodging the telegraphed moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im freaking the heck out posted:

IDK op, I kill him in less than 25 seconds with my Jean.